The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the changes to the bridges and milegates?

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just interested whether people are enjoying the changes made to bridges and milegates.
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)

Do you like the changes to the bridges and milegates? 181 votes

Yes
46%
Aren_LioreGilvothVirtualElizabethLonePiratessewallb14_ESOTaonnorThrabenAzuryaSarousseAllPlayAndNoWorkmakrethDUTCH_REAPERAektannShareeLoralai_907WingElongSureshawtAztlanstuartx13 84 votes
No
23%
fastolfv_ESOJoy_DivisionXeniphkaithuzarKayshaIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOAixycaeliusstarbreakerSHADOW2KKZounibaronzilchFirerock2Rin_Senya JulesStikatoAegonnnRebornV3xbinhoCyrusAryaOFFL1MIT 42 votes
Like the idea but not the implementation
30%
rfennell_ESOarkansas_ESOSvenjakwisatzidkkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOkkravaritieb17_ESOBRogueNZMalthorneDelsskiaDudisRohaussmee_zValagashThe_ShadowbornKartalinSorisxxthir13enxxEirellaMayrael 55 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks good on paper, but is useless against zergs. You can repair them faster than anyone can damage it. 3 guys can repair them enough to be passable in 6 secs.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too soon to make an opinion. What I can say is that it looks like something nice for a very active map (primetime during the weekend) but won't change much the rest of the time.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I find it tedious.
    I also don't like how ZOS broke the 3 fold symmetry of the map by sticking EP with a town sticking into AD territory (Crops) vs. an outpost (which DC and AD got), since the outposts are much easier to defend and built for defense. EP is at a disadvantage. This was pointed out in PTS but ignored.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ride down expecting bridge fight and there is no bridge or fight to be had
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll grow on me. I'm just glad they made some changes to the map.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Overall i would say im positive to the changes, they need some tweaking though
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Any time invested in making changes in Cyrodiil is welcome in my book, and in console land I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Friendly fire is now an option. I'm in love.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like milegates as they are unfair. One side can be blocked while the other can still pass.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three gates/bridges per "side" is too many; by the time you've destroyed all three bridges somebody's already went and repaired one. Should be lowered to two, spread far apart (ex. the bridge between Alessia and Sej and the bridge closest to the map's edge, with the second bridge in the middle beind removed) to encourage fights at the alternate paths they added in this patch.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have less HP and you shouldnt be able to pass them after only getting it up to 25%.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like things that allow players to impact the environment and the flow of the game so yeah I think it is a positive. May need some tweaking to get it to where they want it to be, but it's a good start.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The milgates are good, but they also have a serious flaw. If you want to assault lets say the AD from the DC side you can repair the left and right sides. This allows your faction to scale that wall while making it impossible for the AD to do so, but all it needs is one person to troll everyone by shooting at it. Suddenly the wall cannot be repaired and it causes a whole lot of heartache for everyone on their faction.

Can we go around? Yes, but it could have been so much simpler if we could have had the sides repaired and usable.
    Edited by Vevvev on October 24, 2018 6:28PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings. It will be interesting to see how gameplay evolves.

So far, very little has changed when one faction has an advantage over the others. They still steamroll the map with large stacks of players.

I feel that lost in the novelty of destructable milegates and bridges is that we've lost some very fun structures to fight on.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    In regards to the bridge, at first I thought it wouldn't be a good idea since people can run under, but they fixed that. I quite like that change. Milegate looks a lot nicer now as well.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That goat path across the river is awesome. Had a scroll run across it, and even when AD had much greater numbers, the few that stayed to block the path. Did so, and completely stopped the greater numbers from crossing long enough that the scroll was long gone.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no strong feelings about the changes. I've only played one day with it but it didn't seem like a bad change, that's for sure. I'd say neutral and leading towards good for the slightly more complex map play?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i absolutely think the changes to cyrodil are great for structured pvp.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to put in a lot more hidden footpaths
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i think the sides of milegates need a lot less hp if im going to add anything. The sides should be equivalent to the center in total.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol that made my day. Great situational awareness on their part too :P.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more with Karstyll
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The milegates are asymmetrical while the bridges are symmetrical. All gates give always one side an advantage.(middle destroyed makes it only unpassable for one faction, you still can go up and attack the other side)

Not sure how much tactical play they offer if they can be repaired that fast or let's say i have not seen one faction forced to take the goat path.

A destroyed object is more or less a stale mate and just says move on. It does not really offer some kind of conquering it with one player sneaking past and open a portal etc.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Any change to the map makes it a bit more interesting for those of us who have been there since release. Changes strategies which we haven't even began to think about.

I have no problem with the outposts being closer to here or the other alliance has an advantage, it's all relative.

Anyway, whatever changes they make won't stop the guys who PvDoor every morning, just makes it more interesting for prime time. :D
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I do and don't at the same time but leaning more towards no. I always enjoyed bridge fighting and now it can still be fun when people are trying to siege the bridge, but then there is other times when it's destroyed, I get no fight and have to run a long distance to get to the otherside and that get's very tedious.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think it is poorly implanted just to shut the community up.
    If the bridge is broken, what u see is 2 factions spamming projectiles like ***,
    NOW if some1 at ZOS had b****, they could easily use this situation to create 2-3 alternative routes to pass so pepole will actually need to spread, but not run the entire map again.

Gotta love the comments "any changes to cyrodill is welcome" kek.
    Edited by amir412 on October 30, 2018 8:54AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    No
    stupid change as if we didn't have those siege simulator players
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent.

Best use of these are made only when huge groups coordinate on both sides of the battle. Not so good for solo players to contribute to the war.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    It looks good on paper, but is useless against zergs. You can repair them faster than anyone can damage it. 3 guys can repair them enough to be passable in 6 secs.

Can you repair them while they are taking damage? Or are they like doors / walls?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP