Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you PvP?

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I PvP when I feel like it. Not my favorite, but I don't hate or reject it either.
    I like Zerg vs Zerg actually :D
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I MOSTLY do. Gotta run some dungeons for gear and skill points that I'll use in PvP, right?
    I do like to PvE, but I don't have the time to be a top-teir raider yet.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I MOSTLY do. Gotta run some dungeons for gear and skill points that I'll use in PvP, right?
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Not only no but HELL no. *shudder* I spent time on a pvp server in WoW with a friend's guild years ago now. 4 months was all I could handle.

Never going there again.

Well, you know, PvP is like Fisherman's Friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPFLCtnjJ5A"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=yPFLCtnjJ5A
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None of these work for me ): I PvP and PvE equally on a higher-tier level. I enjoy PvP a lot (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp have found battlegrounds given raids can be messed up a easy to gain vet levels :)
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah! if i wanted PvE i would have just kept playing WoW. PvP in WoW is unbearable for me though, too much talking, too many arena 1,2,3 macros/keybinds. ESO feels just right, although i wish it was more competitive.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvE or PvP player. I play ESO for character building and questing/lore.
    ESO is my game to chill. PVP brings cancer to every game and I'm happy I can rest in ESO after doing it.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    Well, title says it! I got kinda curious because people say the PvP population is very small compared to the rest of the game(PvE, questing and other things included).
    Consider PvP as Battlegrounds or Cyrodill. Consider PvE as Dungeons/Trials/Arenas(No questing).
    Please keep it constructive, alright?

Pvp is the only place where there literally are no limits for a theory crafter. No dps parses you have to hit no mechanics that ruin entire builds. That's why I love pvp also because I get bored really fast doing the same boss and hearing the same daedric ramblings for the 50th time.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvE or PvP player. I play ESO for character building and questing/lore.

Honestly I would just get slaughtered!

My combat has no strategy and I usually just go for it - mainly because I just fight for the achievement or leveling not the pleasure.
    PC - EU
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same as others have posted - no answer for me as I enjoy and participate in both relatively equally (flipflopping between the two as to which I do more of over a given period).
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a weird definition of PvE! Well, anyway, yeah. I guess I don't do either by the poll definitions. I like taking my time and doing what I want when I want on my own schedule without having to worry about other people counting on me for anything.

I have done PvP in a few other games, but enjoyed it most in SWL and GW2's WvW. Otherwise, it's kind of a drag. Shambala, the SWL free-for-all with equal rewards for all was some of the most enjoyable player vs. player content I've ever experienced. You go in, you do your thing, and chances are some random environmental thing kills you. I also enjoyed WvW in GW2 a great deal before they changed how servers are grouped together. My no-name non-tier server was grouped with and competed against similar tier servers. The Fort Aspenwood people were very relaxed and easygoing. I miss that. Everyone's so tightly wound up in other games-- especially this one.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I PvP when I feel like it. Not my favorite, but I don't hate or reject it either.
    Well to be honest, a battleground queue pops way before a dungeon queue pops. Battlegrounds are fun. I just wished there were less bugs with the two-handed skill line.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above.
    I do Cyrodiil on my healer to earn necessary rank to be able to buy some animated siege machines for my houses.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    very poorly designed options in this poll.

What about players who enjoy both equally and dont have a favorite?????
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I totally suck..... love it.....
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both the same amount, no option for that
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    My preferable option is not mentioned in poll. Should be between
    - That's what I MOSTLY do. Gotta run some dungeons for gear and skill points that I'll use in PvP, right?
    and
    - I PvP when I feel like it. Not my favorite, but I don't hate or reject it either.
    I play when I feel like it. Many aspects of TESO are my favorite: PVE, PVP and crafting ;)
  • imcloud9
    imcloud9
    ✭✭
    I tried Cyrodill but I die in seconds on my sorc so I am just lvling a templar and then I will try again ;)
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I actually somewhere in between the option I voted and the next one ("It's like bitter medicine to me. I PvP for the skill lines, and only for that...").
    Sometimes I feel like it, but then I get smashed by NB ganker or tea-bagged by a group of kids, I lose so much Tel-Vars and I just rage quit.
    BTW, my PvP is IC only. Cyrodiil is pretty boring and zerg-ish. BGs are just a mess.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    It can be fun when PvP'ing with friends, but it can be very toxic sometimes. Maybe a lot of times, when your faction is losing, and people are QQ'ing on zone chat.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh another useless poll thread.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a filthy PVP casual.

I do a bit of everything in the game and enjoy the fun of PVP in a good group - we do regular Imperial City and Sewer runs, as way as overland pew-pew-pew.

Equally, I totally understand why some people really struggle to get into PVP and get beyond the "I die all the time" problem - I do not know what the solution is for that, but perhaps the game could provide greater incentive for players to go and find a good guild early on? That could be an achievement, or additional benefit a player could have for being part of a guild.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do Cyrodiil occasionally, mostly for the fringe benefits like the trans crystals. I do enjoy it a lot though, in short doses. To me it feels almost like playing another game.
    PC EU
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mainly go in for the transmute crystals but it's nice to take a break from trialing
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, that's the only thing I do in ESO in terms of combat. No PvE for me.
    I used to do both, back when overworld questing actually required some skill and forward planning. You know, when vet zones were hard and Doshia could wipe your ass if you were too slow. I did all the original dungeons at level as healer or dps (or both) and loved it. I joined PvP at level 25 (I think) and was instantly hooked, rolling a character of every class to try different approaches and builds. I'd log on, do a few quests, 1 or 2 dungeons then enter PvP.

Then things began to change.

Overworld questing became a challenge-less faceroll, the zones only useful for farming set-pieces. New dungeons became less about learning mechanics and working well as a team and were instead mindless dps races populated by an elitist class obsessed with speed and numbers... also to farm gear in most cases. One-shot mechanics if your team was too slow, endless repetition to try and get the parts you want, toxic pug's to make it more of a chore than a joy....

PvP was all that was left to me and that has seen its share of troubles with lag, toxicity, exploits, broken mechanics, and imbalance. It is still an unpredictable challenge though, and real world skill and reaction time still make a difference.

And like it or not, there is still nothing else out there with anything like as good as ESO's real-time PvP combat. I hate to love it but there it is.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came to ESO for Lore and questing. Got heavily heavily disappointed by it.
    But really liked the game's PvP system, so that is all I do now. Apart from gear farming etc.
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    pvp is fun to play but it is still need better class balance in my opinion.
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP? No, not at all. I really dislike it.
    i despise pvp in ALL video games.
    i just dont “get it.”
    the concept of being better than someone else is silly. nothing is that serious.
    maybe that is because i am not wired with a competitive mindset.

some people really enjoy it and thats fine, but i dont. i never participate in silly pvp nonsense.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    i just dont “get it.”
    Not getting it is fine, describing it as "silly nonsense" is needlessly provocative, especially considering the part of the community you are aiming that at is by nature confrontational. :)

Personally, I don't get how pitting yourself against something that doesn't think and does the same thing every time, thus negating the need for adaptive responses, can be viewed as challenging.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like killing things, people, npcs, thingies.

Blood for the Blood God
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access