Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you PvP?

Latios
Latios
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, title says it! I got kinda curious because people say the PvP population is very small compared to the rest of the game(PvE, questing and other things included).
Consider PvP as Battlegrounds or Cyrodill. Consider PvE as Dungeons/Trials/Arenas(No questing).
Please keep it constructive, alright?
The Eon Pokémon.

Do you PvP? 346 votes

Yup, that's the only thing I do in ESO in terms of combat. No PvE for me.
10%
FatalyisRikumaruAuriellemadeeh91rwb17_ESOShareeVandrilBashevVagabondAngelxxthir13enxxEirellaWorkerdroid7jhall03Sanctum74NBrookusChunkyCatBrutusmax1musDKsUnitesandblackJurand80BNOC 35 votes
That's what I MOSTLY do. Gotta run some dungeons for gear and skill points that I'll use in PvP, right?
31%
SolarikenGilvothBigBraggkypranb14_ESOAlendrinSarousseScardyFoxNurtharikjaKnootewootdanno8DatoliteDUTCH_REAPERkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOSheezabeastAnroseIdinusedem0n1kChrlynschspectre303Valagash 110 votes
I PvP when I feel like it. Not my favorite, but I don't hate or reject it either.
31%
SirAndybill_ESO2ItsMeTooJarndyceWuffyCeruleigresiacTryxusAlienSlofzariaBrittany_JoyVaxtinTheWolfstojekarcub18_ESOChickensteinkimaerilDarkheartLatiosBergisMacBridephermitgbathekarootimus 108 votes
It's like bitter medicine to me. I PvP for the skill lines, and only for that..
9%
LifsteinnLoves_guarsFinnisterreStreegaAsysSavinderTholian1MattT1988DorrowMalborn66dengodadegenmax_onlygroober13AcadianPaladinmocapEverstormColecovisionwolf486Maryannebzz86 33 votes
PvP? No, not at all. I really dislike it.
10%
laurajftheyanceygimpdrb14_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESOcyberblastCoatmagicphaneub17_ESOQUEZ420JKorrHvzedashiningforceDieAlteHexeMProsknewtinmplsCzerishadowwraith666MasterLenmanWIC_HCKiralyn2000kadochka 37 votes
I'm not a PvE or PvP player. I play ESO for character building and questing/lore.
3%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOIluvrienTandorRomoDelta1038LyndeaJacen_VeronSynthwaviusTensarmoses1763jainiadralAuraynaArtamon 13 votes
I used to PvP like you, but then I took a sprint bug to the knee...
3%
AektannBRogueNZxenowarrior92eb17_ESOSosRuvaakPink_ViolinzthankyouratHippie4927Fur_like_snowd3adpainRedRookTHE_BIG_BOSS 11 votes
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvE or PvP player. I play ESO for character building and questing/lore.
    I regard myself as a PvE player of course, but am sticking by your definition for the purpose of this poll. I used to PvP in some other games, but it's not for me these days.
  • Boun
    Boun
    ✭✭
    I PvP when I feel like it. Not my favorite, but I don't hate or reject it either.
    I like the whole game, except vet arenas.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there was an option for playing both equally and enjoying both, that's the one I'd pick.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both, though lately my PvP time has been lessened due to me focusing a bit more on my PvE game :(
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, that's the only thing I do in ESO in terms of combat. No PvE for me.
    there are too many options in the poll.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only no but HELL no. *shudder* I spent time on a pvp server in WoW with a friend's guild years ago now. 4 months was all I could handle.

Never going there again.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparingly. Since i now have both my mains in the end game with a ton of PvE completed, PvP is all i have left while i wait for new content releases.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like bitter medicine to me. I PvP for the skill lines, and only for that..
    I pvp until I meet a goal and then I stop.

Like recently I really wanted the Firedrake Sabatons style page from Battlegrounds for a new character.

Ugh.

It’s thrilling but I don’t like it. Makes me feel bad man. Even if I win.

I remember killing these new players who couldn’t get a swing in and thinking how I was disgusted with myself. When that happens to me, when I meet a coordinated team with timed bursts and no real TTK, I just shrug it off, I’m used to dying and I’ve resigned myself to it.

I mean, the majority of the time I either lose or it’s an equal matching of effort but every once in a while I’ll win, not because of inching by or through tactics, but because of how utterly obviously new someone else is and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Edited by max_only on November 5, 2018 5:49AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I MOSTLY do. Gotta run some dungeons for gear and skill points that I'll use in PvP, right?
    if you want an accurate count then this forum is not how to get that.
    you have to get a list of every single @account name in eso and email them asking this question and "hope" they all answer it.

this forum is only a small % of the people in eso community.
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no i don't PvP. i don't like being forced to cookiecutter ridiculous builds just to be able to do anything besides litter the floor with my corpse.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do enjoy BGs a great deal
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want an accurate count then this forum is not how to get that.
    you have to get a list of every single @account name in eso and email them asking this question and "hope" they all answer it.

this forum is only a small % of the people in eso community.

Yup, I know the forums won't give me an estimate of the entire community, and that only Zenimax can get the real numbers. I'm curious about the forums community itself, the only one we can get close to estimating.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to PVP but gave it up years ago when battles turned into slide shows, zergs became the rule of order, and the Pact players stopped being sober.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I pvp almost every day.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still PVP, I just couldn't resist that last option.

Pretty frustrated with it atm. Probably time for me to take a break from ESO.
  • ReggaeRanger
    ReggaeRanger
    ✭✭✭
    I like both PvP and PvE . Started as PVEr then moved to PvP. But play and enjoy both equally.
    Op need to add that 50 / 50 option.
    Edited by ReggaeRanger on November 5, 2018 12:48AM
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both PvP and PvE . Started as PVEr then moved to PvP. But play and enjoy both equally.
    Op need to add that 50 / 50 option.

Well, I'd add it, but I can't edit poll options after I post.
    The one I picked myself was intended to be the 50/50, but I guess I should've been more clear.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I have less time to play in a week I’ll end up usually just doing daily writs. On the weekend when I still had motif pages to unlock for BGs I’d queue many times.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every day. I have 2 dedicated characters, one designed for no cp BG's the other for cyro cp pvp. I enjoy the entire game, character building, questing, crafting, dungeon crawling, fishing, etc. You name it I'm dabbling in it.

I partake in the entire meal, nothing goes to waste.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy both, to me it's all just gaming. I tend to spend more time in PVP as it holds my attention longer.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't hate it, but am CP1086 and alliance war rank 21 on my main and still don't feel like I know how to make a good build. It feels like how to play keeps changing and I need too many loadouts to be useful, let alone competitive in the different PvP play styles (overland, dueling, deathmatch, domination, chaos ball etc). With the latest shield changes I have played less because I can't be bothered trying to figure out what I need to change anymore and am not that interested in having a PvP only character any more as the main thing keeping me interested in the game is achievement hunting and as they are not account wide I don't see the point in having more than a few alts anymore.

edit: fix phone auto-correct
    Edited by lokulin on November 5, 2018 1:08PM
    I've hidden your signature.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    If there was an option for playing both equally and enjoying both, that's the one I'd pick.

I play both. I play the entire game. I enjoy PvP more; but I do both.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda suck at it, and cannot stand it.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4/na: each race, stam/mag version of each class...ps4/eu: each class...

all 15 are geared for pvp, vivec in particular...

for the most part the rest of the game is for prepping for vivec...

I enjoy myself in all the different zones, but, i'm happiest hanging out around the emp keeps...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I feel like it.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice in doses, but you wouldn't see me playing Battlegrounds all day...I'd probably go mad if I were to do that after dying to the 50th Stamwarden. Fortunately, I've been working on my own PvP Stamwarden kit.

If you can't beat em', join em'.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both pretty equally. I've been playing PvE more since Murkmire, since my magicka PvP toons were pretty thoroughly borked by it and I haven't had the time or the energy to rebuild them into something usable, but overall, yeah. Pretty even split for me.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on November 5, 2018 5:35AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an answer for me. I enjoy both PvP and PvE. The answers available are you either only do PvP except for gear of you are pretty much not into PvP. Seems someone it tainted on other or the other when they created this poll..
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, I enjoy both more or less equally
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not at the moment, but yeah 95% of the time i play it's PvP. I do dungeons once in a while or content.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."