The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Puncturing Sweeps,Jabs and Dark Flare are all broken. Not OP. BROKEN. Video of Dark Flare added.

• MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    I can't use my magplar in pvp at all with the way these sweeps are performing, too much going on for me to pay attention to the animations in order to reapply them at just the right time. I'm just going to play another game until it's fixed.
    Edited by MrUntouchable on October 26, 2018 11:53PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I submitted a bug report as well
  • terror_incarnate
    PC / EU Mega server
    Character build: Magicka Templar
    Character name: Hissaelion Thindor
    Username: MoonDevlin

The Puncturing Sweeps on my Magplar are also not working like they used to. I can get them to work reasonably well only IF I press the corresponding key at the moment the animation finishes. Unfortunately I now need to be spot on with the key pressing otherwise it pauses for around a second or so between sweeps. As Puncturing Sweeps are used to heal as well as deal damage, it has caused my character to die a lot more often and has become tricky and not fun to play! I have tried switching off and removing all addons, reloading the UI, logging out and back into the game, removing and replacing the skill or adding it to another key binding, changing the weapon for another one and checking the mouse/keyboard settings, but nothing at all seems to fix it. The only thing I have not yet tried is to remove the Molag Kena style staff and reverting it back to a normal style, but I can't really see it being that. I'll try that and if it improves things I'll make a post. :/
    Edited by terror_incarnate on October 27, 2018 6:41PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, im doimg INSANE damage now with sweeps, but you cant reliable weave LA's with it because the delay at the end so it's slowing combat rotation wise and isnt exciting but annoying.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    It's this sort of stuff that reminds me how little game companies give a *** about their communities. These sort of problems should be priority in order to keep their player base playing the game but yet here we are 5 days later and still no fix or any communication from ZOS. But if something were to go wrong with the crown store it would be fixed instantly. I understand they need to make money as a company but at the same time if you as a company are losing players due to you neglecting the player bases ability to enjoy the game then you are losing money in the long run. I also feel as though it isn't as much of a priority to them because a majority of the broken skills are primarily used in pvp and not so much in pve. Just goes to show how little they care about their pvp community.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just tested sweeps after this last maintenance and I think they feel a little better but I still feel like they are a little laggy and clunky. Can someone else comment and let me know what you think about jabs? I might be imagining it.
  • Creeper
    Creeper
    ✭✭✭
    Biting Jabs / Puncturing sweep is still broken. I can't believe they didn't fix the bug with this update. I wonder how long it will take for them to fix a simple bug, maybe another week if they even acknowledge this. The skill doesn't even work when you walk in circles and use the skill, there is no animation at all just the cast timer from the bufftimers addon. I'll later make a video to show the bug.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Creeper wrote: »
    Biting Jabs / Puncturing sweep is still broken. I can't believe they didn't fix the bug with this update. I wonder how long it will take for them to fix a simple bug, maybe another week if they even acknowledge this. The skill doesn't even work when you walk in circles and use the skill, there is no animation at all just the cast timer from the bufftimers addon. I'll later make a video to show the bug.

I swear they just don't care.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You guys working on a fix?
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    I mean, im doimg INSANE damage now with sweeps....

Indeed. The extra damage to closest target and buff to minor sorcery feels good. Once ZOS fixes the general issues with targeting - with pretty much affects all channeled/cast time abilities - sweeps will be in a very good spot.

As a side note, I tested flurry on my stamplar and seems to be unaffected. Possibly because it is single-target. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. Why flurry, you ask? Well...I wanted to join the quad-proc, Torug's infused party raging at the moment :)

Edit: Well nevermind! The patch rolled out today addresses all of this (apparently).
    Edited by JimmyJuJu on October 29, 2018 3:31PM
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »

Indeed. The extra damage to closest target and buff to minor sorcery feels good. Once ZOS fixes the general issues with targeting - with pretty much affects all channeled/cast time abilities - sweeps will be in a very good spot.

As a side note, I tested flurry on my stamplar and seems to be unaffected. Possibly because it is single-target. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. Why flurry, you ask? Well...I wanted to join the quad-proc, Torug's infused party raging at the moment :)

Edit: Well nevermind! The patch rolled out today addresses all of this (apparently).
    Sweeps/Jabs are still broken.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »

Try adding more add ons lol omfg thats a lot of stuff to look at and may actually be slowing down your experience.

Not too bright are you?
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

Sweeps/Jabs are still broken.

This makes me so sad. So sad, I might need 4th coffee today.
  • terror_incarnate
    PC / EU Megaserver
    Character build: Magicka Templar
    Character name: Hissaelion Thindor
    Account username: @MoonDevlin

Puncturing Sweeps is still not working well in combat (Since Murkmire update), even on a targeting dummy it just doesn't seem to want to target correctly and pauses in between hits, so it is impossible to know what DPS I'm actually doing. I don't understand though why it's not affecting every player, or at least I've not heard many complain about it (unless perhaps they don't use Templars?).

Each update or expansion which includes a new area to explore or landmass brings with it it's own bugs as to be expected, but we've all noticed lag in general is a lot more prevalent these days. Strangely my ping is often good ranging between 69ms to 100+ ms, but can bottom out to well over 1000ms or higher, pausing the game for several seconds or longer!
    Addons can be the cause of a lot of problems, but I've proved that even by switching them off or removing them from the game folder entirely won't stop ESO from randomly pausing and doesn't help the Puncturing Sweep problem one bit.

As I stated in my previous post (#64 - October 27th), I've now tried everything I can think of to rectify the problem, so it's over now to you Zenimax. I won't be using my Templar for much until it is fixed I'm afraid, as dying often is frustrating... and embarrassing! :(
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing sweeps are awful now. It is not too bad to handle if you are just questing, but you can in no way shape or form do the harder content. The laggy and clunky feeling makes it impossible to even play a templar post patch. If you are moving in a certain direction while trying to use them they don't even fire for some reason. This needs fixed ASAP! It is atrocious to play a templar now. I cannot go another week waiting for a fix!
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »

Try adding more add ons lol omfg thats a lot of stuff to look at and may actually be slowing down your experience.

Not too bright are you?

lol
  • Creeper
    Creeper
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the video showing the bug. In the video I was spamming Biting Jabs but all you can see was the channeling timer from the addon with no skill animation. This happens when you walk in certain direction, I play using Xbox One Controller on PC and when you walk diagonally or whatever is the right word in english, when you move in this directions top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right, the skill either stops functioning or doesn't work at all as seen in the video. I hope they fix this bug. Its really annoying when you are dpsing a boss / mobs and then your character stops in the middle of the fight standing still messing up your rotations and then dies because you couldn't dps.
    EightDirMovement7.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtF-lnFi4g
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam

Jabs is still broken post-incremental patch as of 10/30. The bug introduced to jabs was unrelated to the channel time targeting issue.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • nordic_two
    This isnt happening on my Magplar. I play that character every day and have not had any issue with sweeps not rendering correctly etc.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordic_two wrote: »
    This isnt happening on my Magplar. I play that character every day and have not had any issue with sweeps not rendering correctly etc.

What type of combat do you do?

Do you simply quest and do overland content/normal dungeons and trials?

How many hours have you spent on magplar?

If you PvP, do you do it solo, in a small group, or in/around a large group?

To say "This isn't happening" is a bit ignorant of all the people experiencing the issue. It is important to provide context on your actual experiences with the class if you're going to disregard all of the feedback stating the opposite of your experience.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm....could this be something to do with dual-wield vs. 2H? Like maybe the animation is causing some rendering issue when DW weapons are dropped from the frame?

My magplar uses staves exclusively and sweeps seems OK now. I haven't tested on my stamplar; he uses both DW and 2H weapons. I will do that later.

What are others experiencing?
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps are not okay, I still have the same issues and this is happening when I do Overland content/questing on my Healplar.
    I use two inferno staves with that setup and I definitely experience that weird clunkiness and pauses if I don't weave light attacks in-between sweeps. With light attacks it's fine for me.

(I mainly heal trials with that character and change gear and slot a few different skills to do quest achievements etc.).
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Hmm....could this be something to do with dual-wield vs. 2H? Like maybe the animation is causing some rendering issue when DW weapons are dropped from the frame?

My magplar uses staves exclusively and sweeps seems OK now. I haven't tested on my stamplar; he uses both DW and 2H weapons. I will do that later.

I run a dual wield setup with two swords and it feels awful. I tried it with a destro staff before the patch but not after. I'll see how it performs with a destro staff when I get time.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭

Just went ahead and tested it with a destro staff and it feels the same way it does with my dual wield setup. I wish they would fix this already.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

Just went ahead and tested it with a destro staff and it feels the same way it does with my dual wield setup. I wish they would fix this already.

Ok, thanks for checking. This now makes me wonder if I'm just used to sweeps being broken :/
  • Gelthias
    Gelthias
    Soul Shriven
    I've tested it with each weapon type and morph and it reacts the same with all. It is bugged out and it feels like it did several patchs ago, lagging and freezing up between casts. Basically the "templar spamable" is not spamable.
    Vr12- Templar
    Vr12 - Dk
    Vr12 - Sorc
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gelthias wrote: »
    I've tested it with each weapon type and morph and it reacts the same with all. It is bugged out and it feels like it did several patchs ago, lagging and freezing up between casts. Basically the "templar spamable" is not spamable.

Well, at least we still have our other spammable skill - BoL/HtD :)
  • dgsRawk
    dgsRawk
    Soul Shriven
    I can't even begin to express how frustrating it is to try to work around the sweeps glitch right now. The only thing that seems to help at all is to throw in a light attack between them, but that does not alleviate the issue at all. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it completely disrupts the flow of combat and makes it much harder than it should be to do well. When you can spam jabs and never run out of magika (can actually gain it faster than use it) then you know there's a major problem. Hoping for a short wait for this fix.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    bump because ffs zos
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m glad it wasn’t just me who noticed this. I took my healer into Banish Cells I to farm Sanctuary and thought to myself that jabs seemed really clunky. Enough that I noticed it and I usually don’t use Punturing Sweep on my healer that often.