Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nothing was done to balance Dual Wield enchantments.

• Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »

And don't tell me dual wield enchant nerfs will affect PVE dps. Right now DPS is broken strong in PVE and many good groups are able to skip vet trial mechanics with 100k+ DPS per player, it wouldn't hurt PVE one bit. https://youtu.be/7_92NppBv9I
    Just see for yourself.

OK where on earth did you come up with that number....100k DPS / player would end up with 800k Groupdmg thats just unlogical af, except for Huge addgroups...and there the "problem" lies within the no aoe Cap change.

The only high DMG in this fight comes from the Burst , when the boss is able to get damaged, and all aoes are already laid down, in Combo with WM and groupbuffs.
    Furthermore you compare PVE only with the Best DPS setup group, and best players prob arround the world.

ask some of the top pve'rs they will tell you their top DPS guys have 90-110k dps single target
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

I do agree it isn’t optimal when the patch after release changes stuff up in a meaningful way. But it’s even less optimal to leave things as they are for the next three months because someone spent 16 alloys. To me, it’s not even about the high damage. High damage is ok if it comes with the need to execute your attack window perfectly. What I find irritating is the ease with which the damage is achieved these days. It’s simply bad design.

@SaintSubwayy

Do you really think a Pad 3 vMoL HM burn is where the devs want the game to be?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

I do agree it isn’t optimal when the patch after release changes stuff up in a meaningful way. But it’s even less optimal to leave things as they are for the next three months because someone spent 16 alloys. To me, it’s not even about the high damage. High damage is ok if it comes with the need to execute your attack window perfectly. What I find irritating is the ease with which the damage is achieved these days. It’s simply bad design.

@SaintSubwayy

TBH I think they do. I don't have the link but there was a poll asking what their average solo dps parses where and the bell curve was almost perfect. They have constantly wanted casuals to have a more enjoyable time on this game. vMoL came out with what 25k DPS being enough for end game but it was impossible for anyone. I think ZoS is trying to create a PvE environment that is like their new dungeons schemes. normal is a joke. Vet is normal and HM is stupid insane because of chaos and that's all. Look, ZoS found an easy equation for end game trials.

1. less than ten fights
    2. Add unblockable heavy damage
    3. Add walking turrets with one shots.

Gone are the days of worrying about burning too fast or add control or strategy. Stack, burn, split, heal, two or three mechanics on DPS, high stupid damage on tanks. That is the new PvE Trial. Mini = fast easy money

PvP, well I hate to tell y'all but Open world is made for the Zergling. Every patch this game is becoming more and more like Call of Duty. Camping, two shots, overpowered easily accessible damage, group >>>>>> solo(I mean like no chance). Skill is out the door mostly. They won't ever change that either. In thieir minds: Cyro = zergs, Battlegrounds = exiled small scale that now have to wait in queues, duels are for the people who want a hard fight for no reward. Everyone has a "Home".

Its the same for sustain, sDK and StamSorc spammable... you name they "Solved" it.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

@SaintSubwayy

@Feanor
    For the record, It was a lot more than 16 alloys and I am not the only one. The build I went all in on AFTER the DW nerf was brand new to me from the ground up. It was designed around back baring Destructive reach (the only weapon DOT available to magic, and something I have never back barred). This meant dropping a resto staff, so I had to build defense in other ways. I had to trait change 5 items, I made 8 pieces of gear gold, and bought 9 relatively pricey pieces of gear from the trader (edit: forgot the 7 haikajo's).

How much of this build will be salvageable, i honestly dont know. I dont think it will all be a waste, and I literally have thousands of gold mats and millions and millions of gold. I will be over it by next week, but this is just one more thing leaving a bad taste in players mouths from this patch. By any objective analysis, this patch has been a disaster. I want this game to stay healthy, and I am worried its not. How many more patch debacles cant his game handle? The answer is not Infinity. Haha.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 31, 2018 5:12PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

@SaintSubwayy

@Feanor
    For the record, It was a lot more than 16 alloys and I am not the only one. The build I went all in on AFTER the DW nerf was brand new to me from the ground up. It was designed around back baring Destructive reach (the only weapon DOT available to magic, and something I have never back barred). This meant dropping a resto staff, so I had to build defense in other ways. I had to trait change 5 items, I made 8 pieces of gear gold, and bought 9 relatively pricey pieces of gear from the trader (edit: forgot the 7 haikajo's).

How much of this build will be salvageable, i honestly dont know. I dont think it will all be a waste, and I literally have thousands of gold mats and millions and millions of gold. I will be over it by next week, but this is just one more thing leaving a bad taste in players mouths from this patch. By any objective analysis, this patch has been a disaster. I want this game to stay healthy, and I am worried its not. How many more patch debacles cant his game handle? The answer is not Infinity. Haha.

I'm going to be the first to say I actually owe you an apology. Having fought with and against you I never got the sense that your particular build was oppressive or unmanageable.

It's unfortunate that you, and a few others like you who took the change in moderation get caught in the crossfire. You have an honest build. Powerful, but not cheesy, and somewhat limited.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

@SaintSubwayy

@Feanor

I'm going to be the first to say I actually owe you an apology. Having fought with and against you I never got the sense that your particular build was oppressive or unmanageable.

It's unfortunate that you, and a few others like you who took the change in moderation get caught in the crossfire. You have an honest build. Powerful, but not cheesy, and somewhat limited.
    @usmcjdking
    I appreciate the words, but you dont owe me anything. We fought the other day (you play that DK very well, at least i think that was you). The build that I have been messing with is trying to keep my Mag Sorc in the game, which is a tall order this patch. It certainly hits hard, but had significant tradeoffs with defense and healing. It excels in open field battles with relatively even numbers, but definitely struggles 1v1, especially against a skilled DK (wings) or Templar (purge), and is still pretty laughable if I am out numbered because shields just dont scale well against multiple opponents.

I have ran OP cheese builds before, and this was certainly not one of them. You hit hard with decent pressure (pressure is a new concept to a sorc) but are a touch squishy (even after working to get crit resist to 3k and defenses to 20k), which has always been the most fundamental tradeoff, damage vs. defense.

End of the day, I know a lot of mag sorcs that just gave up with murkmire. I am trying to keep mine in the game and not just play stamblade like everyone else. Its just frustrating to have to go back to the drawing board again and again on live, because, by their own admission, they bit off too much with murkmire, and IMO dropped the ball pretty darn hard.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 1, 2018 5:28PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Pelican wrote: »
    You guys are effectively killing the concept of ability combos to deal high damage by implementing broken mechanics that allow for lazy and overpowered damage

That sums it up.

It's pure laziness and is surely designed around the lazy, meta-chasing players that cannot compete without crutches. The same kind of people that perpetuate 'Lower the ceiling, raise the floor' across the forums.

Strong players will take advantage of it, sure, but not in numbers close to the average/bad player that needs assistance turned on.

Those people die in droves. 5 of them literally ran from me after a little pressure. Loving it.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Sometimes I really pity the guys at ZOS.

A massive overhaul is done: "ZOS why do you have to ruin everything?!!11! Do small changes and see what happens!!1!!"
    A small change is done: "ZOS why is everything still ruined?!?!11? You are not doing enough, we need a bigger overhaul or PvP will die in a week!!1!!"

They really can't win, huh?

They can’t win with a team like that. Period.... i could have a roomba on autopilot create better code and balance this *** better than the superstars at ZOS
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    This dude is crazy talking about 110k ST parses no one hits those numbers unless idk maybe they are raid buffing the precursor target skeleton