The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nerf Endless fury

• Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please just have all Sorcs deleted from the servers please? That would solve so many problems.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is even if this skill wasn't in the game people would be complaining about the next skill in line that is stealing their kills, tornado, radiant destruction, poison arrow, etc...In reality there is a line at the chopping block, it is never just one thing, and when one gets chopped the next in line steps up to the block., and the same conversations take place all over again with the next supposedly OP skill.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say this is the best nerf sorc thread I ever seen! :D:trollface:
    Feanor wrote: »
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Does anyone else appreciate the irony of someone named "killmove" complaining about an execute?

The issue here is it wasn’t his kill move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DC9xez5pxU
    Edited by BigBadVolk on October 30, 2018 11:45PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almost 1 week without new nerf sorcs threads really made me worried.

Now I feel at peace, knowing ZOS has now more juicy suggestions about how to butcher our class some more.

People really have no shame with these constant nerfs demands.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 31, 2018 12:29AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why nerf the move because it overperforms in BGs? Just change the way the scoring works with Fury. Mage's Fury is balanced now. Nerfing it to make it balanced in BGs will make it useless in every other aspect. You're approaching this incorrectly.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people so focused on "kill stealing"? Do you people never attack someone who is obviously going to die? Like ever? Why don't we make everything a duel? Or is this some sort of FPS game where more kills you have larger your e-peen becomes?

And as for OP, lol. Let's nerf Steel Tornado too. Because it also kills me at lower health. Nerf every executes too so that DKs and Wardens don't feel bad about having no executes.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 31, 2018 3:38AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    This game is full of sorcs that should be named Elder Sorc Online. *** this....
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    That’s why it’s called an execute.

this need to be changed to 10% below health because 20% of 20k means 5k instant dmg -> instant kill

He misunderstood this skill totally ...

Mathematics is not your strong suite is it ?
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people so focused on "kill stealing"? Do you people never attack someone who is obviously going to die? Like ever? Why don't we make everything a duel? Or is this some sort of FPS game where more kills you have larger your e-peen becomes?

And as for OP, lol. Let's nerf Steel Tornado too. Because it also kills me at lower health. Nerf every executes too so that DKs and Wardens don't feel bad about having no executes.

I do think endless fury needs a change ...

RD does j creased damage to targets under 20% what it doesn't do is is explode on you when you drop below 20% for an instant kill

Now I'm not saying NERF it ... I'm saying change it, I'm all for it being an execute ... But it should be altered ...

And here is why ...

Endless fury

Call down lighting to strike an enemy for 311 Shock Damage.

If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional 1094 Shock Damage to the target and 198 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.

If an enemy is killed by this ability, you restore 3k magic

So how is an execute doing 311 damage at over 20% doing 4k to 5k damage in an instant when it only deals 1k additional damage

I would have it so it drains Xamount over 2seconds similar to RD so it's a thunderstorm over head that like RD can be healed through but still serves as an execute if you're not paying attention

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Endless fury

If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional 1094 Shock Damage to the target and 198 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.

So how is an execute doing 311 damage at over 20% doing 4k to 5k damage in an instant when it only deals 1k additional damage

This simply has to be joke.

Oh right, it's the guy that argues circle of protection is so much better than restoring focus. Right...
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 31, 2018 7:23PM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had executed ppl with killers blade for 17k and 2h executioner for 14k and ppl are complaining about a miserable 5k lol!! Ridiculous... and BTW I'm a nb main :) for starters, and for those saying this is sum nb spreading hate towards sorcs well you are all wrong I don't share any opinions with other nb's, other than what is really broken in the game and thats everybody not just me ... and in this case sorcs execute is working as intended, if op didn't have stamina to dodge roll it he was dead anyway and if he did had Stam and didn't dodge roll it's a l2p issue you choose which one lol but for real...I cringe everytime i see a nerf sorcs thread and one or more biased potato(es) blame night blades for every nerf they get :)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    This game is full of sorcs that should be named Elder Sorc Online. *** this....

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. If you fall below 20% health, news flash, you were dead anyway. Also, 20k health is not enough, even for BGs. Multiple L2P issues occurring simultaneously.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Endless fury

Oh right, it's the guy that argues circle of protection is so much better than restoring focus. Right...

Never argued that ... I asked a question about two skills I didn't understand as I don't run stam ... But thanks for playing

As for where I got that information ...

The tool tip on the web when I googled it ....

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Endless+Fury
    Edited by SugaComa on November 1, 2018 1:30AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again; a ability you get the chance to dodge TWICE, capped at 20% health for execute (NB got 25% and templar 50%), It's the slowest execute to land and it has been infested with bugs for over a year. Yet people scream for nerfs because a endless fury was on his death recap...

Amazing!

Please do change our execute tho, for a 25% capped DIRECT execute with PORPER damage scaling. Then we can talk.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    the best part is ZoS clearly balances the game based on posts like this.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    the best part is ZoS clearly balances the game based on posts like this.

The devs are probably taking notes right now.
    They absolutely love bad deas.
    Edited by Minalan on November 1, 2018 5:35AM
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    No. Dear ZOS, keep your nerfhammer sheathed, plz. Better add an IQ test for players.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

(And I don't even play magsorc.)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it bout time the Dev's started automatically closing nerf-sorc threads now for trolling?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Endless fury

Never argued that ... I asked a question about two skills I didn't understand as I don't run stam ... But thanks for playing

@SugaComa

You're mixing up the tooltips you get from a wiki page with the execute dmg it does on you in game. If you haven't noticed, tooltips (and damage) will go up if you build into max resources and spell damage.

I don't know what baseline they use for the tooltips, I guess a completely naked char without cp, gear, passives or anything. But those 311 dmg you see on that page is not what you will have as a tooltip in game. Or do you believe nightblades favourite ulti does merely 1.3k dmg as well?

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Incapacitating+Strike

E: and before you ask: yes, that 1k additional dmg will go up as well
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on November 1, 2018 11:21AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I personally dislike the debuff/effect that stays on you for 4 seconds when hit by fury. If I could change one thing about the skill it would be to remove that lingering effect, but raise the execute threshold as a compensation. But in general I´m fine with the skill.
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    this skill is broken, it always kills me in bg with 5k instant dmg.

wtf ZOS ????

this need to be changed to 10% below health because 20% of 20k means 5k instant dmg -> instant kill

I believe it's safe to say it's a l2p issue at this point. Isn't that what the nightblades say? Hey guys am I doing this right?

Not bad, but to be a true pro, you need a 'Git Gud' on the end too!

Ah! Thank you sensei!
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Endless fury

@SugaComa

You're mixing up the tooltips you get from a wiki page with the execute dmg it does on you in game. If you haven't noticed, tooltips (and damage) will go up if you build into max resources and spell damage.

I don't know what baseline they use for the tooltips, I guess a completely naked char without cp, gear, passives or anything. But those 311 dmg you see on that page is not what you will have as a tooltip in game. Or do you believe nightblades favourite ulti does merely 1.3k dmg as well?

I'm gonna have to stop using that site ...

I get it goes up, but I didn't expect it to go up like 500%
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Endless fury

@SugaComa

I'm gonna have to stop using that site ...

I get it goes up, but I didn't expect it to go up like 500%

Nah, that site is good for basic knowledge, but it only gives you a basic tooltip that is not very good for comparing. There are other sites that let you create entire builds with more exact tooltips, like the UESP build editor.

And for the 500%... it all depends on your build. You can achieve super high tooltips but the real dmg you inflict can be quite low, depending on your penetration, your opponents build and involved buffs/debuffs/actions (protection, maim, vampirism, block etc.) or vice versa. E.g. wiki shows 1.2k Dawnbreaker of smiting tooltip. However, it's entirely possible to raise that tooltip to 20k+.
  • EPelite
    EPelite
    ✭✭✭
    untitled_zpstwgozf61.png
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Not sure if troll or potato

potatroll?
    XBox One - NA
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    it's really anoying to still see sorcs ruling battleground. the game is not balanced at all !!!
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's really anoying to still see sorcs ruling battleground. the game is not balanced at all !!!

Sorcs ruling bgs?! Lol if anything it is dks and nbs
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Surely, we are totally OP now, what with our tiny health, pathetic shields, laughable sustain, comparatively weak single target damage, inability to break free, fatigue from block, can't unsnare... The only thing sorcs rule in BG is death count. We can get you from a distance, but please don't come near us, we can't run away further than a few feet. Lol.

I smell troll in this thread. Kill it, kill it with fire!
    Edited by mairwen85 on November 1, 2018 5:43PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Sorcs ruling bgs?! Lol if anything it is dks and nbs

just look at how many kills sorcs got, you'll understand better.
    sorcs are always top score with k/d