Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you ZOS - tonight's patch fixing DW Enchants, Pets, Cast Time Aiming et al

Halcyon_blue
Halcyon_blue
✭✭✭
There's been a lot of negativity in posts over the last week, and while we can discuss them in detail elsewhere, I for one wanted to express my thanks at the quick fix for several issues that came about from the Murkmire content patch.

To do them with nuance and a one week turnaround would not have been easy, so thank you very much for your team in getting this all done =)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep - it does look like the major issues are being addressed.

Pleasantly surprised.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They LET it go live when warned by players and class team leads on the PTS that it was terrible...

Why did they make us go through this?

I laugh at all the fools who spent mats golding out torugs pieces. Serves them right!
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pets are not fixed!

If vMSA is an "arena" then pets are not fixed.
    They still die a lot and even from mobs.
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Sarcasm?
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarcasm?

Not intentional, just the pure truth.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milchbart wrote: »
    Pets are not fixed!

Thats actually intendet. They said it on ESO Live. Pets are meant to take damage in Maelstorm becouse it's SOLO arena.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly the enchantments needed to be nerfed more.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    They LET it go live when warned by players and class team leads on the PTS that it was terrible...

I laugh at all the fools who spent mats golding out torugs pieces. Serves them right!

The thing is, though - the turnaround time for changes is higher than the time between the PTS cycles. I'm convinced that whatever goes into each PTS patch cycle is only stuff that was either planned for and built prior to the start of that PTS - or direct bugfixes which don't change their intended direction - just fix where it is broken (don't confuse broken execution with broken direction).

I suspect they couldn't make these changes quickly enough to be ready for the golive date - so their choice was to either delay the Murkmire release (not a good choice since, as an expansion, people pay for it) - or to have another patch as soon as it was ready.

Its pretty common in this game to see the first or 2n'd patch after a release fix stuff like this...

But yeah, people should know by now, if somethings obviously this overpowered, not to go and spend anything they would miss on it!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly the enchantments needed to be nerfed more.

That may be - I’ll wait to see how it plays with these changes. I am glad they tried to fix this with a small change rather than changing a bunch of stuff all at once. They can iterate on small changes whereas big sweeping changes tend to have unintended repercussions.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks God, I may ditch DW and go back to 2H/Bow
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and "not so much thank you ZOS" from me as there are still bugs that make shadow image broken...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • lpw
    lpw
    ✭✭✭
    I know it wasn't intended and was super OP, but I can't say I'm not a little gutted as PVP this weekend was the most fun I've had in PVP for quite a while.

It was worth it ;)
    Edited by lpw on October 29, 2018 1:42PM
    ///// AD Master Race Since 2014 /////

Sindri al'Atreyu | Wood Elf Templar
    Eivii | Wood Elf Nightblade
    Saurmia | High Elf Magicka Templar

PC/EU - Beta Tester
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

I think Torugs should still pull it's weight pretty well. Instead of twin slashes proccing both enchants on the 3rd second tick, it will proc one on the 3rd and the other on the 4th. Since they worded it that the initial hit counts as 2 hits, both weapons should proc on it.

On the other hand, cloak should perform a lot less with Torugs, with 1 proc only every 3 sec instead of 2, which should prevent people from abusing double dw.

Anyone on PC can confirm this?
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 29, 2018 1:51PM
    XBox One - NA
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No mention of trials being fixed so no, not every major issue has been addressed
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpw wrote: »
    I know it wasn't intended and was super OP, but I can't say I'm not a little gutted as PVP this weekend was the most fun I've had in PVP for quite a while.

It was worth it ;)

Yeah, but in the same time frame I completely dominated in BGs without changing my build to the meta BS torugs infused oblivion.

True, I ran into some huge frustration facing meta fiends, but I maintained my self respect and still posted huge numbers.

The cost in mats and gold and the damage to your self respect couldn't have been worth... Unless you don't value your dignity.........
    Edited by Duukar on October 29, 2018 1:55PM
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    The fix for dual wield enchants literally does nothing to address the game-breaking problem in PvP, which is that enchants will proc from any weapon DoT. It's a very simple fix which does not require a nerf to anything: just remove the ability of DoTs to proc weapon enchants.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Olquorron , you have only two weapon DoTs in DW line, and they have low tick rate. And ground AoEs were able to proc enchants for many months now, but it wasn't causing issues.
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    What's have been fixed ? No patch notes ?
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    @Olquorron , you have only two weapon DoTs in DW line, and they have low tick rate. And ground AoEs were able to proc enchants for many months now, but it wasn't causing issues.

You clearly haven't been playing PvP in Murkmire. It's utterly broken in PvP -- TWO sources of unavoidable damage continuing to proc along with a bleed from rending slashes. A single skill that is easy to land. If the assailant is using infused Torug's and also has a bit of pressure, nobody can outheal that.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mention of trials being fixed so no, not every major issue has been addressed

What's wrong?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

What's wrong?

Largely rendering issue but, boss fights are bugging out and becoming impassable.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442066/cloudest-issues-pc-na#latest
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Olquorron , well there you have it: now, rending slashes will proc enchantments with half the frequency (for half the damage).
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    @Olquorron , well there you have it: now, rending slashes will proc enchantments with half the frequency (for half the damage).

I don't think this will lead to the damage reduction you're talking about -- this will just lead to enchants alternating with tics rather than procing on the same tic when they do proc.

EDIT: Direct quote from the patch notes indicate that the bleeds will still proc both glyphs even on the same tic: "Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits."
    Edited by Olquorron on October 29, 2018 2:22PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Olquorron , it will. See, if both enchantments are off cooldown, two initial hits will proc both. But thing is, two seconds later on first damage ticks, both enchantments are off cooldown again, and tick would proc them both pre-patch, so they would be proccing in twos each tick. Now, every two seconds (tick rate of slashes) only one enchantment will fire, even though they have individual cooldown of 2s and were able to proc every 1s before. So, half the damage from slashes.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets are not fixed!

VMA is intended that way. Even before this pets immune thing pet sorcs had an easier time with VMA so its not too bad. I just wish pet cast time were reduced honestly.

You are right however that pets are not "fixed" fully. Have listed a couple fights where they are a pain.

Ruins of Mazz:
    End encounter will still kill pets. Over and over. I think its after a totem dies usually or when the boss enters the cage. This fight already a DPS race without 1.5 second cast time to get your DPS/off heals back.

Caluurion in Fang lair. When it enters enrage mode all pets will magically despawn regardless of HP's on them.

Some fights are poorly scripted for NPC AI on battlefield.
  • Istyar
    Istyar
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are not fixed!

Should they take less damage in vMA too?
    Istyar ~ Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - Savior of Nirn - Hero of Tamriel

Istyar, the old sorcerer from Summerset Isles, Master of the Old Ways of the Psjiic Order and Grand Master of the Illusion and Mysticism Divison of Aldmeri Dominion Army.

Check the UESP and learn more about TES universe: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you zos now 2H and other trait is viable again
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Implying that the Torug meta died with this change.......
    Lol
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Olquorron , it will. See, if both enchantments are off cooldown, two initial hits will proc both. But thing is, two seconds later on first damage ticks, both enchantments are off cooldown again, and tick would proc them both pre-patch, so they would be proccing in twos each tick. Now, every two seconds (tick rate of slashes) only one enchantment will fire, even though they have individual cooldown of 2s and were able to proc every 1s before. So, half the damage from slashes.

So, Dots will abuse enchant procs 2x less? But if you keep attacking during this time, instead of going turtle mode, the 2nd enchant should still proc on the odd second? If it's like that, you can still dish out the same amount of damage, but you have to weave, or attack with shrouded dagger/spin-to-win to proc it?

If it's like that, I guess it rewards active play, altough maybe still a little OP.
    XBox One - NA
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Except console peasants will get the same broken crap and will have to deal with it for two months until ZOS pulls their thumbs out. Disgusting and expected.