Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Animations are about to get an upgrade...

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »
    I can't wait for this animation upgrade :D I have some books and things to animate

Y7Tw7lO.jpg

Then you are going to love this upcoming patch. :-P Those books...

1. Select 'em all.
    2. Use EHT's new "Link Group" function under the "Change these items..." drop down.
    3. Once linked, you can just select and animate the Parent item and all of the other books move with it.
    4. /wand2
    5. /cheer
    6. /dance
    7. Profit.

Or something like that. But you get the idea. <3:wink:

Oh nice, so EHT even takes care of the linking this is going to be easier than I thought, I have the selection saved ready for the big day :)

Edit to add: For anyone interested in how I got all those books there, I used the spiral on the build tab of EHT, 38 books I think, and another spiral with 10 of the psijic globes, then centered them (again using EHT) on a psijic table placed in the middle of the room.

Essential Housing Tools is so easy to use now, thank you for the updates @R_K <3
    Edited by ixie on October 15, 2018 3:22PM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    First of all.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This addon has done so much for me and my ideas.

But i also have a question (don't meant in any way, shape or form as critic) and because you are such a patient and helpful person i dare to post it here.

I am working on the snowglobe and as you can see on the picture, i have a whole bunch of snowmen that i want to animate.
    The three "singers" on the podium are bouncing just fine. But whatever i do...i just can't get all of the couples to dance simultaniously.

abjyw6o5krs9.png

First try: I did managed to get the singers + 1 couple to move (merged scences) but i can't merge another duo in.
    Second try: simply trying to record the scene frame by frame and adjusting every couple seperatly, but when i playback only one couple danced.

What did i do wrong? I am positive the fault is all mine and not your addon. So could you please make a video explaning how i can get multiple scences merged?

The singers and every couple has it's own saved selection btw.

In the end result the musicbox should be the trigger of it all....

Thanks
    This one likes to play.....
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This addon has done so much for me and my ideas.

But i also have a question (don't meant in any way, shape or form as critic) and because you are such a patient and helpful person i dare to post it here.

I am working on the snowglobe and as you can see on the picture, i have a whole bunch of snowmen that i want to animate.
    The three "singers" on the podium are bouncing just fine. But whatever i do...i just can't get all of the couples to dance simultaniously.

abjyw6o5krs9.png

First try: I did managed to get the singers + 1 couple to move (merged scences) but i can't merge another duo in.
    Second try: simply trying to record the scene frame by frame and adjusting every couple seperatly, but when i playback only one couple danced.

What did i do wrong? I am positive the fault is all mine and not your addon. So could you please make a video explaning how i can get multiple scences merged?

Thanks

This looks fabulous! I'd love to see it in person when you have it to where you are pleased with the end result <3
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @playfull_kitten Your idea of the music-playing, waltzing snow-people is brilliant, and it made me think someone should build a giant music box, complete with an opening lid animation and a twirling Tythis (or vestige with the Jester's personality... or a mind-shriven captive for a scarier touch...). Paging Dr. @R_K! :smiley:
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Delphinia and Jaimeh......you make me blush.......
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    R_K help me out!

hcocxr9xiz6u.png

2 daedric gates, how do you slide 1 up, 1 down simultaneously?

saw you do it with a gate, but for now ill make 2 animations :(
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    10 minutes later; im more clever then I thought! merged 2 scenes and works perfect.

this addon is amazing....

still waiting on that video though....
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K please help me?
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    So do I have to be in my house for this to work or can someone visit my house when I am not there and do this?
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K please help me?
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K any idea if we will see any iteration or implementation of your EHT for console?! Im praying to the divines there is a yes, perhaps?! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom our console Housing addicts are going mad and some have adquired pitchforks in order to demand such awesomeness!!!!!!
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    Madhattr64 wrote: »
    So do I have to be in my house for this to work or can someone visit my house when I am not there and do this?

So no one knows?

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

So no one knows?

you have to be in your house
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

So no one knows?

you have to be in your house

Thank you for the response. As cool as this is for others not to be able to see it without me being there doesn’t make it something I would use.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01 Thanks for sharing that video! I love what you did with animations in it!
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K , when working with a looped animation, how do you trigger them to stop? I'm trying to build a rotating target dummy station in my Psijic Villa, and I have no problem building the animation, but I want to stop it when I or someone in my group throws a particular switch, and then have another animation start to hide the station. Is it possible?

Thank you! I love your addons! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those secret bookcase doors activated by candles reminds me one movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3qJGKs9gw
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to set up a pathway of lights, like a runway, from my ship to the dock for my guild's Halloween party. I thought it was pretty cool, though I wish I could reset those lights easier to show off to the next group of people who didn't see it lol. Also need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the lights on my deck.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HAHA! <3 I so need to watch this on Halloween. It one of my favorite all time movies.

"Put ze kendle beck!"
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! I am back, finally. I was living on the PTS prior to Murkmire's go-live to get EHT and Magic Carpet ready (and then patches and such for this first week). Sorry for keeping anyone waiting for answers on questions -- I'll go through the thread now and get back to you all <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

abjyw6o5krs9.png

Thanks

Don't apologize @playfull_kitten - even if it was a criticism, I appreciate all feedback! You all help me make these add-ons better by doing so. <3

Ok, so I think I may know what is causing the issue. Based on your description of the situation, it sounds as though the Scene(s) that you are recording are not set up with all of the Snowpeople that you wanted to animate.

I apologize if you already know this but Scenes capture which items you are animating at the moment that you click New.

After creating a new Scene, it will not animate any other items unless you explicitly add those items to the Scene via the Change this scene... drop down > Edit this scene's items... options.

In fact, since you already have Saved Selections for each couple, you should be able to load a Selection and then use that Change this scene... drop down to add the loaded selection's items into any given Scene.

Also, just a quick note on Merging Scenes: Be sure to create Scenes that have the same total duration for the easiest possible merge.

You can also use the recently added loop checkbox on the Merge function to loop the shorter of the two Scenes when merging them together. The shorter Scene's frames will be looped until the longer Scene's frames finish. For that reason, you would want to make sure that the longer Scene's duration is a multiple of the shorter Scene's duration; for example:
    Scene A 0:30
    Scene B 1:00

I hope this information helps! If you still experience any issues or have any further questions, don't hesitate to follow up! I'm always happy to help! :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    10 minutes later; im more clever then I thought! merged 2 scenes and works perfect.

this addon is amazing....

still waiting on that video though....

@immozz01
    Lol! I actually haven't forgotten this time; all of my game time has been dev time since about a week before Murkmire went live -- but I'll still do the armada :-P And I'm so glad that you were able to figure that out (and yes, that's exactly what I would have suggested -- Merging two Scenes) :-)

(and thank you by the way!!!) <3
    Edited by R_K on October 29, 2018 8:51AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K any idea if we will see any iteration or implementation of your EHT for console?! Im praying to the divines there is a yes, perhaps?! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom our console Housing addicts are going mad and some have adquired pitchforks in order to demand such awesomeness!!!!!!

@TwIsTeDReDQuEeN I would love to see EHT's features included in the base game. Personally, I became even more hopeful the moment that it was announced that forms of EHT's multi-level Undo / Redo and Furniture Grouping were going to be introduced. To me, I interpret that as a sign that ZeniMax takes Housing seriously (for which I <3 them) :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K , when working with a looped animation, how do you trigger them to stop? I'm trying to build a rotating target dummy station in my Psijic Villa, and I have no problem building the animation, but I want to stop it when I or someone in my group throws a particular switch, and then have another animation start to hide the station. Is it possible?

@mayasunrising Thank you so much, Maya! <3 So, I am really glad you asked that question in case others were wondering the same thing (I suspect possibly so!).

As you know, when you save a Scene with the "Loop" option enabled, playback of the Scene (including from a Trigger) will always be looped.

Because Essential Housing Tools processes Triggers sequentially [for the time being], I designed the Trigger system to automatically interrupt a Looped Scene's playback when another Trigger activates. So, you should be able to set up one or more Triggers (such as one that activates from the Switch you described, as an example) that would play a second Scene (such as the hiding of the target dummy station); when that Scene activates, it should stop the target dummy rotation Scene automatically and begin the Hiding Scene.

I hope this helps! If you run into any issues, if the Looped Scene is not interrupted, or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a classic! And yes, totally... Lol
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    I was able to set up a pathway of lights, like a runway, from my ship to the dock for my guild's Halloween party. I thought it was pretty cool, though I wish I could reset those lights easier to show off to the next group of people who didn't see it lol. Also need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the lights on my deck.

@WolfStar07 Hi! For resetting the lights, the fastest way to do so would be to:

1. Create a Saved Selection containing just those runway lights.
    2. Create a Trigger that toggles that Saved Selection's items to Off.

But, if you wanted to reset them with something more... animated, you could instead:

1. Create a Selection containing just those runway lights. (Make sure they are all On ... or in whatever state they should be prior to the Reset)
    2. Create a Scene and click Record.
    3. Toggle the lights off in some particular order. (Click Stop when done and save the Scene)
    4. Create a Trigger to playback that "Reset" Scene.

And one more option, if you don't really need the Reset triggered at all:

1. Create a Saved Selection containing just those runway lights.
    Then...
    2. Load that Selection any time you wish to reset the lights.
    3. Choose the "Turn these items Off" option in the "Change these items..." drop down.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

@mayasunrising Thank you so much, Maya! <3 So, I am really glad you asked that question in case others were wondering the same thing (I suspect possibly so!).

As you know, when you save a Scene with the "Loop" option enabled, playback of the Scene (including from a Trigger) will always be looped.

Because Essential Housing Tools processes Triggers sequentially [for the time being], I designed the Trigger system to automatically interrupt a Looped Scene's playback when another Trigger activates. So, you should be able to set up one or more Triggers (such as one that activates from the Switch you described, as an example) that would play a second Scene (such as the hiding of the target dummy station); when that Scene activates, it should stop the target dummy rotation Scene automatically and begin the Hiding Scene.

I hope this helps! If you run into any issues, if the Looped Scene is not interrupted, or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! :smile:

Rad! You think of everything! LOL. I hope you do other programmy stuff and get paid the big buckeroonies, cause you deserve it! =D

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@R_K It works! Yay! Thanks again!

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@R_K It works! Yay! Thanks again!

@mayasunrising Awesome, so glad! And yes, I do contract consulting work as my non-ESO, getting paid thing (and thank you for saying that! <3). :wink: