The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mirage

• lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    And people are forgetting:

Heavy STAMBLADES

Free skill for them

They’ll be running dw and blade cloak anyway.

You're so out of touch with how classes will build. Judging from your other post this is OMEGALUL.

Why would they use an expensive stam skill when they can get it from mag skill plus minor ward/resolve?

Because mag for stamblades is a precious resource. Unless they're running no-cloak brawling builds.

Mirage is better than blade cloak but most will opt to draw from the larger resource pool that they have more regen stats in.

That's not to say you can't use Mirage but it's hardly a must-slot for all stamblades all of a sudden.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Heavy STAMBLADES

Free skill for them

You're so out of touch with how classes will build. Judging from your other post this is OMEGALUL.

Why would they use an expensive stam skill when they can get it from mag skill plus minor ward/resolve?

Because mag for stamblades is a precious resource. Unless they're running no-cloak brawling builds.

Mirage is better than blade cloak but most will opt to draw from the larger resource pool that they have more regen stats in.

That's not to say you can't use Mirage but it's hardly a must-slot for all stamblades all of a sudden.

Not to mention Blade Cloak can proc weapon enchantments, Axe Bleeds, is an AoE DoT and has Major Expedition w/Quick Cloak morph. Throw in Blackrose DW and you get Major Protection to boot.

Why would a Stamblade ever bother with Mirage when Blade Cloak has much more benefits to it and the only "drawback" is the Stamina vs Magic cost?
    Argonian forever
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy STAMBLADES

Free skill for them

Not to mention Blade Cloak can proc weapon enchantments, Axe Bleeds, is an AoE DoT and has Major Expedition w/Quick Cloak morph. Throw in Blackrose DW and you get Major Protection to boot.

Why would a Stamblade ever bother with Mirage when Blade Cloak has much more benefits to it and the only "drawback" is the Stamina vs Magic cost?

Becouse it costs magicka, lasts longer, gives passives and minor armor buff
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

Heavy STAMBLADES

Free skill for them

Becouse it costs magicka, lasts longer, gives passives and minor armor buff

So what you’re saying is there are two similarly viable but slightly different options to pick between depending on how you’re setting up your build?

And how is this a problem, exactly?

Of all the changes in this update, this has to be the weirdest thing I’ve seen someone try to complain about!
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 20, 2018 10:14PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can
    templesus wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »
    Change the Major to Minor.

Or a heavy armor magblade will be untouchable by templars and other AoE specced players alike

Heavy MagBlades can already do this on live with two Swords granting a total 5% damage buff to both AoEs and Single target. With Blade Cloak so... not seeing the point of this. Beside the speed morph is 3-4 seconds. The rest of the time it’s just the base power.

The “they can already do this on live” argument is a blatant black-and-white logical fallacy, and anyone who use it should have their forum priveleges revoked.

Imagine comparing a class ability in blur to having to slot DW on live and use something that costs near 4k stamina on a Magicka character and calling them equal. Have you graduated high school yet?

3780 Stamina for 15 seconds with a recovery of 504 you will have all of that back even bad mages have 1K stamina recovery. A lot of builds use twin Swords so slotting a back bar utility is not hard to think of.

Also it’s not a logical fallacy. Their are three different good ways to reduce AoE damage by 20-25% and they are not OP now two sets and Blade Cloak if it’s not abused now it will not swing wildly in the next patch.

You’re forced to slot DW, which 99% of magblades do not use, @lucky_dutch said himself on another post that melee magblade is not viable, and then you have to spend stamina, which is used for cc break/roll dodge/block, all to get the evasion. Whereas next patch with Mirage, all you have to do is slot a class ability that costs magicka which 99% of magblades already run open world.

Why are you even arguing that what you’re saying is logical? You’re making yourself look more and more ignorant.

I should make it clear, I don’t believe mirage needs nerfed, rather that the closest person being jabbed be considered non-aoe so it isn’t affected by it. I’ve tested Jabs vs Major Evasion in heavy on the pts. My testing leads me to believe stamplar will become a dizzy swing class next patch.

I don’t care how it sounds I’m rarely wrong the calls I made come true sooner or later. When weapon ultimates were released everyone said stamina ultimates would be OP and no stamina build would use anything else and I called it people said I was crazy and look where we are only the destro ult is used now.

Will it be used yes everyone uses AoEs so yes it will be useful will it be the killer of Templars no.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy STAMBLADES

Free skill for them

it will be constantly up with rending bleed, why use blade cloak for the same thing? waste.
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Bleedblades need to go.
    NA-PC
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirage is already relatively underperforming (by a small amount imo, but still underperforming - I wouldn't bother buffing it atm, maybe after the pts settles in on live). Nerfing it by the amount OP suggests would utterly destroy the skill - 5% AoE reduction isn't even as strong as 5% damage reduction, and the resists from Minor armor buff - 1320 - is 2% more extra mitigation.

A skill with that base cost giving 2% mitigation against everything and a little more against aoe attacks (that still doesn't measure up against minor prot) would be tossed into the garbage.
    Edited by Tonturri on October 21, 2018 3:01AM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Mirage is already relatively underperforming (by a small amount imo, but still underperforming - I wouldn't bother buffing it atm, maybe after the pts settles in on live). Nerfing it by the amount OP suggests would utterly destroy the skill - 5% AoE reduction isn't even as strong as 5% damage reduction, and the resists from Minor armor buff - 1320 - is 2% more extra mitigation.

A skill with that base cost giving 2% mitigation against everything and a little more against aoe attacks (that still doesn't measure up against minor prot) would be tossed into the garbage.

Well, by the way the skill right now leaves you invincible vs templars
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use Gossamer and give the buff to 5 other people including yourself.
    I do it all the time in PvP and come Murkmire, this set up will be even more effective.

Gossamer up time is terrible in comparison to literally any other good set.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I very much doubt that heavy armor magicka nighblades will be a big thing in PvP next patch lol. It's probably the last thing you should worry about as a templar. Heavy stamina builds will be a much greater problem.

Also pretty sure you'll run into at least x100 stamblades and stamdens, before you even see 1 heavy armor magicka nightblade.

But agreed, changing dodge to AoE reduction is really unfortunate for templar especially since their main dps class ability is AoE.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

I have nothing invested in this as I’m neither Templar nor Stamblade main and I can tell you, this simply isn’t true.

If you got smashed by someone on the PTS it probably just means they’ve better optimised their build for Murkmire.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nothing invested in this as I’m neither Templar nor Stamblade main and I can tell you, this simply isn’t true.

If you got smashed by someone on the PTS it probably just means they’ve better optimised their build for Murkmire.

heavy armor+ minor protection+15% aoe reduction.

Good luck dieing vs a templar
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

The Templar also can have Heavy Armor and AoE reduction if they chose dw and minor protection is just that... minor.

Mountains out of molehills.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Templar also can have Heavy Armor and AoE reduction if they chose dw and minor protection is just that... minor.

Mountains out of molehills.

That's not what i was saying.

8%+10% vs templars
    Templars only get 8% vs nightblades
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enzoisadog wrote: »

XV1 pug farmers need to go.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    enzoisadog wrote: »

XV1 pug farmers need to go.

terrible Xv1 gankers need to go. absolutely garbage tier type of players
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy armor has the highest rating so it good vs all mitigatable damage minor protection works on everything the AoE reduction will hit everyone in PvP everyone abuses AoEs. No class is forced to use single target or AoEs only. Jabs will not be BiS vs all builds that’s fine. DK and the Sword and Shield ult is a hard counter to ranged builds. Builds have counters.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    I think the appropriate buff would be to make Jabs ignore major evasion.
    But sure, nerfing an ability to uselessness will generate more forum responses.

No one will use an ability costs 3.5k and only grants 5% resistance to AOE + 1300 physical and spell resistance.

The other morph gives speed.

and 5% resistence to aoe is A LOT

Oh please.... don’t be so dramatic. 5% isn’t ***
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

No one will use an ability costs 3.5k and only grants 5% resistance to AOE + 1300 physical and spell resistance.

But some players think 4% is even worth it for Worm Cult. I do not.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

But some players think 4% is even worth it for Worm Cult. I do not.

If the entire group is mag dps, then it is. In every other case gimme any other heal set in the game
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. And quick cloak with black rose is ok?
    Major evasion + major protection + major expedition + dot? Pretty balanced :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am heavy armor

I have 3400 buffed with Major brutality weapon damage and 34k stamina (so count + 163 circa WD for powerful assault +Fury WD buff)

This is what happens when you encounter a Mirage/ AOE reduction target with a templar

You run away becouse you can't kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ol1EjeVRM

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am heavy armor

I have 3400 buffed with Major brutality weapon damage and 34k stamina (so count + 163 circa WD for powerful assault +Fury WD buff)

This is what happens when you encounter a Mirage/ AOE reduction target with a templar

You run away becouse you can't kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ol1EjeVRM

Rip
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait for next patch with blur changes, going to be some interesting builds around this.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on October 22, 2018 5:45PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not everyone plays heavy

FeelsBadMan
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a heavy armor magblade will be untouchable by templars and other AoE specced players alike

perhaps you slot something else as just AoE????
    Problem solved
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

perhaps you slot something else as just AoE????
    Problem solved

Perhaps you know what's templar is based off?
  • sandelius
    sandelius
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this really sucks. I hoped they would change jabs/sweeps to single target with splash dmg before going live but nope :/
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade already has a favorable matchup against magplar. This change just nerfs magblade defense against everyone else especially if you play solo magblade. AOE reduction is kind of useless it's been in the game forever now and no one really ever uses it. There's a reason for that