Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What was your favorite patch for PvP?

caeliusstarbreaker
caeliusstarbreaker
✭✭✭✭✭
And why?
Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on October 20, 2018 3:44PM
Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
K-Hole
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel. It's the reason I finally joined the ESO community. I didn't like the divisions that were in place before, so I had little interest in joining the game. Probably a bit unfair to judge that as "my favorite" since I didn't know the game before 1T, but that's been the best change as far as I can see. All the negative changes people say that One Tamriel brought about aren't in the scope of what I can speak to, however.

Homestead would probably be second. I wasn't really excited or onboard at first, but I'll be damned if my home isn't one of my favorite things about the game now. :P

EDIT :: Wait, was "for PvP" in the title from the start? Do I need to get my reading comprehension glasses adjusted?
    Edited by GreenHere on October 20, 2018 3:51PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Homestead. It was in between the worst parts of the procalypse (One Tamriel and Morrowind), stand-your-ground was still an existing playstyle for several classes, and it was the last time Jesus Beam felt strong.

Granted, I didn't play before One Tamriel, so I have no idea what the ancient times were like.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre 1.5. Omg it was beautiful. My mDK. OP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The favorite one I've actually played - The one we had during this last Midyear Mayhem that made D-ticks in Cyrodiil actually worthwhile. It did an excellent job of getting players to come defend objectives.

Now a patch that fixed the lag and performance issues...that would he an instant win in my books.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    One Tamriel. It's the reason I finally joined the ESO community. I didn't like the divisions that were in place before, so I had little interest in joining the game. Probably a bit unfair to judge that as "my favorite" since I didn't know the game before 1T, but that's been the best change as far as I can see. All the negative changes people say that One Tamriel brought about aren't in the scope of what I can speak to, however.

Homestead would probably be second. I wasn't really excited or onboard at first, but I'll be damned if my home isn't one of my favorite things about the game now. :P

EDIT :: Wait, was "for PvP" in the title from the start? Do I need to get my reading comprehension glasses adjusted?

Sorry, I added the for PvP cause we are in a PvP forum. All answers are welcome.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Sorry, I added the for PvP cause we are in a PvP forum. All answers are welcome.

Haha, I see. If I were a little more keen-eyed, I'd have noticed this was from the PvP section; I ended up here via Recent threads.

casparian wrote: »
    Homestead. It was in between the worst parts of the procalypse (One Tamriel and Morrowind), stand-your-ground was still an existing playstyle for several classes, and it was the last time Jesus Beam felt strong.

Granted, I didn't play before One Tamriel, so I have no idea what the ancient times were like.

Agreed! I remember when procs were absolutely WRECKING people (me, mostly), and while losing power isn't usually fun, taking crits away from all procs made a good change for PvP.
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    Every patch pre 1.5 was great. Lots of things such as dynamic ultimate generation, ground oils etc that actually "penalized" the zerg and gave the small scalers an advantage or atleast a good chance to fight back when facing said zerg. Also softcaps. never understood why they got removed.
    Edited by AyelineESO on October 20, 2018 4:49PM
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    restro endless batswarm patch.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid last year not sure what patch we were under. But MagDW was working well and I seriously got into BattleGrounds. That whole phase up to Frag nerf
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC, first weeks were awesome!
    PC EU - DC only
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played since dark brotherhood and I would go back to cwc. It was the only patch I played in which proc set were not completely dominant also in CP pvp. But from what I get from the veterans, 1.6 was the ***.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6-2.2

1.6 was the major revamp that introduced CP, removed soft caps and introduced stamina morphs to class abilities. 2.0 (B2P) was almost identical. 2.1 (IC) and 2.2 (Orsinium) were refinements of that gameplay.

I loved this period because gameplay was fast. IMO, 1.5 was incredibly stale by its end. It was much like today with *so* many players running tank builds that couldn't kill each other. The low TTK of 1.6 was a breath of fresh air.

In particular I liked 2.1 and 2.2 because the level cap was raised to V16 in 2.1 but most sets were not, so it was the least cheesy period of PVP with most players running in crafted armor. Balance was especially good in 2.2 with the introduction of the CP cap.

I felt ZOS began to lose their way in 2.3 (TG). I think that's when the 'raise the floor, lower the ceiling' movement began. Sets started to become incredibly imbalancing like the original Fasalla's and Vicious Death. Many older sets were slowly updated which began the modern proc meta with Viper's Sting. Heavy armor was over-buffed in 2.4 (DB) and 2.6 (1T) gave us the destro ult meta and all sets were now available with all traits in weapons and jewelry. Of course, 2.6 changed a lot more than that.
    Edited by zyk on October 21, 2018 9:35AM
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any patch around Orsinium and earlier. I miss those days. :(
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.5, they made changes and toned down mDK to what warden is now 1vX wise and only needed some other small adjustments to classes and weapon lines and to fix wall of elemants and 1.5 would have legit been perfect pvp.

Damage, sustain, healing all where far more balanced then, than they are now. All variants of pvp existed as well during this time. Playing the entire map was much easier as well too with how a actual good player could take on multiple players solo and not die to zero counter skills and sets.

None of this proc stuff really existed at all (sloads and zaan) .. heal debuffs where used but not required to kill healers
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion: ESO's first release.
    There were no CP, dynamic ult gen was beast, we still valued objectives and factions and had a goal to work towards, and my bats spamming dk was unkillable even when I had no idea how to play it.
    Plus falling through the bridge or getting stuck in a cyro delve for eternity were far more entertaining bugs than we have today.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any patch before CP was added to the game.
    EU | PC
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a bit on PC when the game first came out but not a lot of PvP the best time for me was from Xbox One release of the game up until Dark Brotherhood DLC since then PvP has been going down hill ever since.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when magsorcs had a stun on their frags and didnt have to use scuffed CCs like rune cage and flame reach.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything before dark brotherhood when they gutted animation canceling and over buffed heavy armor (and proc sets).
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 was fun because it was the last time the game felt "truly balanced" and like a cohesive project instead of a thousand different pieces that often didn't work in sync with one another. Animation canceling was better, the bloat from CP wasn't a thing yet, every (magicka) class felt like they were in the same league power-wise. Stam builds needed a buff and AOE caps needed to be removed, but apart from that everything was great.

Thieves Guild was fun because, by the time it came out, I had been getting zerged down for years and relished the opportunity to blow them up with the new Vicious Death set.

Now, things suck. In hindsight I can see that VD was the beginning of the end for the increasing power creep in armor sets: that was the same patch they introduced Fury, and soon after we got Viper, and then Selene's/Tremorscale to create the proc meta that lasted for years. I think I just miss any patch where player skill, not gear, was the deciding factor in how well you performed in PVP.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were two short periods of decent balance:
    1. 1.4-1.5: Game balance was at its best. The rest of the game's mechanics were terrible (e.g., leveling alts, no trans/swapping loot, etc) though.
    2. One Tamriel - Dark Brotherhood: when the Crackwood Cave 1000 CP players were reigned in and before Wrobel saw proc sets as a means to address PvP issues. Also before horrible animation priority changes

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last one. I don't know if it's because the live servers share the same resources with the PTS but performances have been horrible this last month. Since Summerset got released pretty much. Overall I think the game is always improving. I am glad that they finally nerfed snares and hope they will keep doing so.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 22, 2018 9:47AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not Summerset and all DLC after it.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.1 - server performace was good before 1.2 patch

Otherwise 1.4/1.5 (before cp & IC)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.5 coz NPC and siege still hurt. 1.6 was good apart from CP.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly loved it in the beginning,
    we had so much fun, and at that time we did it without rewards
    just for fun
    huge battles outside from keeps in the fields, large armies colliding
    it was awesome
    and then ZOS started to make it better, and that made the mess we face today
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    1.5 coz NPC and siege still hurt. 1.6 was good apart from CP.
    It's pretty funny to think back to 1.3 when I'd arrive at a flagged keep to see the pick up group that flagged it had been wiped by guards -- which happened fairly regularly.
    Edited by zyk on October 22, 2018 7:51PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: ESO's first release.
    There were no CP, dynamic ult gen was beast, we still valued objectives and factions and had a goal to work towards, and my bats spamming dk was unkillable even when I had no idea how to play it.
    Plus falling through the bridge or getting stuck in a cyro delve for eternity were far more entertaining bugs than we have today.

I second this.

I remember having fun dying and but also having 15 camps to spawn at lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    1.5 (i think) based on gameplay/combat alone.

Yeah balance wasnt at its best as some builds were just plain bad, but the game just flowed better back then, damage, sustain, defensive abilities and all.

We need a vanilla ESO server :p

(or nerf roll dodge and punish stacking in ball groups, seriously...)
    Edited by Dudis on October 22, 2018 8:34PM