Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the Murkmire Release Dates & Prologue Quests"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Announcing the Murkmire Release Dates & Prologue Quests. The Murkmire DLC game pack will be released on October 22 for PC/Mac and November 6 for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. This new zone and adventure will be available free for all ESO Plus™ members and for purchase with crowns from the in-game Crown Store. In addition to this, all ESO players can acquire the Murkmire DLC for free as a Daily Reward during the month of November. To acquire Murkmire as a Daily Reward, you’ll need to log in for a total of 24 days in November.

Also, as of today, you can begin the journey that will lead you deep into the swamps of Black Marsh with the Murkmire prologue quests. Be sure to check out the article for all the details on how to get started, and the rewards you can obtain!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much awesome. New dailies to get a pet! I'm logging in now!

How do ESO plus members feel about the zone being free as a daily reward? It effectively gives 1 month early access to ESO plus players so they can be a bit ahead and can make some gold selling the new gear, and I wonder if zone chat will be very different.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inc.. xbox/ps4 complaining they don't get it until the 6th
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a happy day! I thought Murkmire will start in November, but it will be available very soon! Thank you, ZOS!
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, I presume this will overlap with the witch's festival?
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inc.. xbox/ps4 complaining they don't get it until the 6th

That is "soooon"-er than I was expecting. No complaints here :smile:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

How do ESO plus members feel about the zone being free as a daily reward? It effectively gives 1 month early access to ESO plus players so they can be a bit ahead and can make some gold selling the new gear, and I wonder if zone chat will be very different.

While it's nice of ZOS to do that for non-subscribers... I can't help to feel a little disappointed about the November daily rewards. So- ESO+ members should already receive the content for free (since they pay a monthly subscription) and now all ESO players can get the content for free. We're not actually getting it a month early. We're getting it when it releases. ZOS is giving Murkmire for free as a daily reward after a month.

So for all the ESO+ subscribers- their November big reward is... nothing.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. Witches will likely start on the 18th (based on Crown Store sales dates), and Murkmire will be released during the festival. This is exactly what happened last year as well with Clockwork City.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

While it's nice of ZOS to do that for non-subscribers... I can't help to feel a little disappointed about the November daily rewards. So- ESO+ members should already receive the content for free (since they pay a monthly subscription) and now all ESO players can get the content for free. We're not actually getting it a month early. We're getting it when it releases. ZOS is giving Murkmire for free as a daily reward after a month.

So for all the ESO+ subscribers- their November big reward is... nothing.

Technically, we don't get DLC "for free" as ESO Plus members, since we pay a subscription fee. I consider the crowns as free, since I don't sub for them, but for access to the DLC and the crafting bag. Regardless, I do feel it's diminished the value of my ESO+ membership. Already, one of the story DLCs each year is bundled into a chapter that you have to wait a year to play if you don't want to fork over the cash for the chapter. That puts you a year behind, if you wait to play it as part of your sub. Then, this year, the remaining story DLC is being offered for free to everyone. I hope that's only this year, as if this will be a yearly occurrence, then that leaves really only the dungeon DLCs - I don't do dungeons, so I was already only getting 2 new DLCs each year that I would play, with my membership. Then, the chapters came and it was down to 1. This year, there won't be any new DLC I'll play that I will have access to because of my ESO+. Well, I'll have access to Murkmire for a few weeks before it's given away for free, so that's something, I guess.

It could be argued, though, that I still have access to all the previous DLC content. This is true, but in my case I own all of the story DLC except IC and CWC. I purchased Orsinium, TG, and DB when I unsubbed due to the problems with the service on XB at the time. I got tired of periodically losing access to content and other ESO plus benefits and not getting my monthly allotment of crowns without the back and forth with CS. Even if I didn't already own them, I could easily unsub and just buy them, especially now that they are part of the G&G pack (which wasn't available when I bought them, so I paid full price for all of them). Or, I could just wait until their anniversary events and buy them on the cheap, along with CWC. Since I would probably be buying the chapters anyway, I could just purchase the remaining story DLC (if it's not offered for free) when it's released. So, for me, one of the main reasons for subbing is slowly being diminished, with only the crafting bag as a real reason for me to sub.

Also, I'm wondering how many people will buy the DLC without knowing that it's going to be a daily reward for November. Not everyone reads the forums. I hope that they will make it clear in the CS that they can get it in November for free. This will be less of an issue on console, since the daily rewards will be started before the DLC is released, so on console, people can see that they can get it at the end of the month. On PC, however, I'm concerned that people will buy it, only to discover later that they could have gotten it for free.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 8, 2018 4:08PM
  • EternityElessedial
    EternityElessedial
    Soul Shriven
    The Ruthless competition quest is bugged on Xbox at least. We lack the permissions to transfer to Sunless Hollow when we are told to go there.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad. I was hoping we would have until late November before all the nerfs hit.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Yea. Witches will likely start on the 18th (based on Crown Store sales dates), and Murkmire will be released during the festival. This is exactly what happened last year as well with Clockwork City.

This is why I'm glad consoles have that extra 2 weeks of certification before we get it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, please pay attention to when Daily Login Rewards actually start on November 1st UTC. Time zone differences may mean that your November rewards start earlier on Oct 31st, so take a break from your Trick Or Treating to log-in if you need to.

Please. September's round of whining about missing the big reward because people didnt count correctly according to the time zone differences was a little annoying. Let's do better in November.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 8, 2018 4:28PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, please pay attention to when Daily Login Rewards actually start on November 1st UTC. Time zone differences may mean that your November rewards start earlier on Oct 31st, so take a break from your Trick Or Treating to log-in if you need to.

Please. September's round of whining about missing the big reward because people didnt count correctly according to the time zone differences was a little annoying. Let's do better in November.

I'm just gonna not log into the forums that day. It was disheartening to see the whining and complaining from people missing the 5 crates and the 100k gold. It's not that hard to get, like 5 minutes of your time per day...

Can you imagine what will happen when they miss out on a DLC? Good god.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Draxinusom
    Draxinusom
    ✭✭✭
    The Prologue quest "Salty Meats" (Mammoths in The Rift zone) has too few Mammoths or rather, they don't respawn fast enough for all the players. Either increase the respawn rate of those or decrease the amount of meat a player needs to get by about a factor of 2 or this will be where all players will "bottleneck" and get stuck. Unless many stop doing it althogether.

And no, the ones spawning on the ground to pick up aren't sufficient either, as it's only a single piece. Simply have a GM go into the area and look for themselves. Thanks.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad. I was hoping we would have until late November before all the nerfs hit.

That was my first thought, too. Sad :disappointed:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same week Fallout 76 Beta on Xbox starts... argh, I got PAX Australia too, what a busy week it's going to be!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twenty-four days for the big drop isn't bad. :o Not sure if I'll be able to make it with my time away from the computer that month but a good length of time for everyone else I think. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always 2 weeks longer. Every single time 2 whole weeks longer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the 28 day reward will be (for people who don't give a **** about thanksgiving). Can't see the rewards ending after day 24.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay dad!
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will it be available for?
  • ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    Now imagine how salty a player would get who started playing the game on, say, November 9...
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

I'm just gonna not log into the forums that day. It was disheartening to see the whining and complaining from people missing the 5 crates and the 100k gold. It's not that hard to get, like 5 minutes of your time per day...

Can you imagine what will happen when they miss out on a DLC? Good god.
    ^^ THIS ^^
    This made me laugh. And it is soooooo true

PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a list of what the prologue quests that get you the stake actually ARE? Dailies? I started the first one but tons of side quests also....which are dailies and what is the other "main" prologue quest?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the Murkmire dailies are shareable like in Summerset? Would make the “Murkmire Prepper” achi somewhat easier to attain in time for Murkmire DLC drop! Tia! 🦎
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the Murkmire dailies are shareable like in Summerset? Would make the “Murkmire Prepper” achi somewhat easier to attain in time for Murkmire DLC drop! Tia! 🦎

My understanding is you can pick up all the quests each day, you just have to do them one at a time. You can get the next one when you turn the previous one in.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    will the prologue dailies relocate or disappear once murkmire drops? or will they stick around?
  • sbel
    sbel
    Soul Shriven
    will the prologue dailies relocate or disappear once murkmire drops? or will they stick around?

It seems they'll stick around.
    You will still be able to do the dailies from the Murkmire prologue after Murkmire is released.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    cannot wait to reck some magsorc.
    oh wait,, they are already quit.

jk
    shield change on pvp only at crit and resistance.
    trade some stats for crt resist and resistances and we are good to go.
  • BogRoll1398
    BogRoll1398
    Soul Shriven
    Congratulations on completely changing PvP in the worst possible way
    No nerfs just making play styles useless
    Worst patch so far