The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zombie personality deficiencies and what needs to be added to make it worth your crowns

Algorax
Algorax
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone!

Personalities are a great tool for immersion... if they are well made.
I bring here the example of a very rare personality almost noone uses: the ZOMBIE PERSONALITY

You see, when rping a zombie or using the zombie personality for whatever reason you want, you expect to behave like a zombie, this personality allows it only for a limited number of actions.
Things you can do:
  • Walk/run/stand like a zombie
  • /eat3 will make you crouch and devour like a zombie
  • /idle2 /idle3 and /idle4 will modify your stance in poses that you already acheive randomly by simply standing
  • /greet will make you growl moving your arms to grab someone in front of you

and that's all.
I write here because this is really not enouh, belive me: many things break the immersion and remember you that you are not a zombie. Hell, you often seems like someone badly ill rather than a zombie.
This personality really lacks a lot of polishment, voice modifiers are totally inadequate.
Here is a list of ideal things that should be added in order to make this personality complete and REALLY worth your crowns:
  • Modifiy the /laugh and all similar emotes in order to make it sound like a zombie would laugh, because nothing breaks the immersion like hearing a clean, maybe young laugh out of a decayed zombie.
  • Modify the scream and shout emotes for the same reasons of the first point
  • Modify the scream that occurs in the world like when falling or being frightened by a scripted event or a fear ability
  • Modify combat sounds like the ones emitted when breaking free, taking a hit, landing a light attack or charging an heavy one.
  • Modify one of the /sleep emotes in order to make the wearer act like if the zombie were resting, and rising in a zombie-like way when the emote ends/is interrupted.

Adding a modified combat posture would be great, but excessive. What i wrote before is not.
Please, let me know your toughts.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, i case you are thinking that i may be the only one displeased about what i specified, read this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377177/did-you-purchase-the-zombie-personality/p1
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with everything you've mentioned and suggested!
    Zombie NPCs have special voices for all that (except laughter I think), so I have no idea why players got only partial version of their personality :/

And sleeping like a zombie sounds extra fun :D
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I agree with everything you've mentioned and suggested!
    Zombie NPCs have special voices for all that (except laughter I think), so I have no idea why players got only partial version of their personality :/

And sleeping like a zombie sounds extra fun :D

Ye, i see really no reason to not provide us a complete product.

About the sleeping thing i was thinking of the typical body lifelessly laying on the ground, then raising like a zombie would do.
    Edited by Algorax on August 3, 2018 1:11PM
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nice laugh would be something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gdFHFdg1s
    Edited by Algorax on August 3, 2018 1:09PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store purchases generally aren't modified unless there is a significant bug or visual issue.

Also, your suggestions are more in line with polymorph alterations than personality ones.
    signing off
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Crown store purchases generally aren't modified unless there is a significant bug or visual issue.

Also, your suggestions are more in line with polymorph alterations than personality ones.

What is made in general does not affect this peculiar matter, specially after what i wrote.
    A polymorph is a different thing and it has a lower rp capability. Besides other personalities alter similar things, so i really don't see any problem.
    Again: this could be something really worth the crown it costs, but as a matter of fact it is not...
    Edited by Algorax on August 3, 2018 8:03PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree that this personality does not give the impression "zombie" when I encounter someone wearing it in a town. They really just kind of sound mentally deficient when out of context in a bank.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I have to agree that this personality does not give the impression "zombie" when I encounter someone wearing it in a town. They really just kind of sound mentally deficient when out of context in a bank.

I made a zombie themed character...
    Meet: SELEUCAS THE BETRAYER, imperial Captain defector killed and raised by a Worm Cult Elder Necromancer during one of his escapes from the Imperial Legion

TOHprMq.png

gHKKNuB.png

sc3OVUS.png

zkNOdx1.png

kIC4Ir2.png

I also used the "Decayed Zombie" skin, the Undead Horse, Soul Shriven style for armor and Minotaur for axes. It is very fun to play as nightblade berseker with light attack build, but when i rp with him i really suffer this personality's lacks.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad the zombie personality is finally back! I have waited so long for this personality!!!!
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad the zombie personality is finally back! I have waited so long for this personality!!!!

Where is the zombie personality ??
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »

Sold during the witches festival event
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »

:neutral: ..... well that sucks..
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »

:neutral: ..... well that sucks..

DW, it will surely be sold the next festival :)
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    I got mine out of a crate last week.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine out of a crate last week.

Same. I finally have the zombie personality to go with my zombie skin.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I don't like about this personality (and I bought it when it first came out) is the fact that it is so horribly noisy.

The idles are great. I like the fact that there are different stances that the character can take. However, I'll add something to the OP:

Make idles last longer. It's barely impossible to see the different animations because the character only plays them for like 3 seconds before spazzing and going back to the base one. It makes them look like they are having seizures all the time instead of being a brainless undead. I find myself wanting to slap them and tell them to stop bloody fidgeting! Only way to properly see the different idles is to force them via chat. Not fun.

Connected with the above issue, the characters groan and gurgle every five seconds. It becomes very annoying very fast. Stop fidgeting! Stop choking and retching!

I used it for a long while. Then I got tired of it for the reasons above. I really wish it was tuned down.