The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP is dying, and will continue until we get campaign account locks.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Enkil wrote: »
    <3 how there are so many clueless ESO players

Please don't pm me calling me a troll in the future.

OMG, (s)he did that?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's the lack of faction lock killing pvp, and totally not the performance.

https://youtu.be/ukYhN4TqvUU
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Yes, it's the lack of faction lock killing pvp, and totally not the performance.

https://youtu.be/ukYhN4TqvUU

I LOLed.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elong he got you, too? Man, and I thought I was special for graduating to forum hate tells.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

@Elong he got you, too? Man, and I thought I was special for graduating to forum hate tells.

I'm not very good at farming ap but farming salt I'm one of the best!
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    By the way, faction swapping after 4 years of playing for one faction and earning over 100mil AP as well as playing for some of the best guilds to run in this game, to try and help balance the campaign, constitutes as exploiting AP gains folks. I've heard it all now.

People really overestimate the AP you’re earning on DC :D

Hahaha right? I think I'm barely hanging in to the top 100.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altercator wrote: »
    You guys noobs or something? They got rid of faction lock because it sucked and nobody wanted it. Now you want it back.

How do you leave Cyro?

Ctrl F4.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people have misread what I put. I too have multiple faction toons. I don't, however, switch to a different color because I want to spy, or feel like I'm getting killed too much on my chosen color.

The spying thing has happened for a long time, but only now is it becoming even more prevalent than before. Mini zergs keep one player on each faction with themselves at all times now. Especially in the daytime when there is practically no-one on in even the busiest campaign.

Talking of which, peak PVP time in the evenings in Vivec and it's incredibly dead (even right now). I'm so bored I'm having to come to the forums to entertain myself.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual it's the player community that is destroying itself.
    Give people infinite freedoms and eventually they will screw things up.
    Scroll stealing, base camping, spying, faction stacking, morning capping empty maps, faction hopping - all player choices that are a detriment to the game.

I for one think faction locks should be a thing. Not for your whole account, but per faction.
    So DC is locked into Vivec, EP into Sotha, AD into Shor for example - for the duration of the campaign.
    I know this won't solve all of the above problems, but bringing faction loyalty back to ESO would make Cyrodiil competitive again, something that it is sorely missing atm.
    Whilst the above issues are still present - even encouraged by some - we will have no chance of getting that competitive balance back.

I also wholly agree with all the Lag and Bug issues commented on here, and agree that they are also driving players away from the game (I know of 4 people who left very recently because of a combination of the 2 factors, especially the Disconnects that I also have quite often).
    IMO we need a several pronged attack to solve the current Cyrodiil issues - sort the damned server so that it can handle the stacks of people, reduce group sizes to 12 max, faction lock campaigns & split the Imperial City from Cyrodiil in its entirety.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I think people have misread what I put. I too have multiple faction toons. I don't, however, switch to a different color because I want to spy, or feel like I'm getting killed too much on my chosen color.

The spying thing has happened for a long time, but only now is it becoming even more prevalent than before. Mini zergs keep one player on each faction with themselves at all times now. Especially in the daytime when there is practically no-one on in even the busiest campaign.

Talking of which, peak PVP time in the evenings in Vivec and it's incredibly dead (even right now). I'm so bored I'm having to come to the forums to entertain myself.

So let me get this straight. These zergs have convinced two people to just do nothing but follow them around to prevent enemy Nightblades from sneaking on them?

Are they scared that one of their members might get ganked? How exactly do these two other players follow the zerg when it teleports from Bleakers to Drake?

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me get this straight. These zergs have convinced two people to just do nothing but follow them around to prevent enemy Nightblades from sneaking on them?

Are they scared that one of their members might get ganked? How exactly do these two other players follow the zerg when it teleports from Bleakers to Drake?

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

I'd be far more suspicious of members of my own faction passing info on zerg movements or zone chat to the other factions via whispers.

Aint no faction lock that can fix that.

More realistically, I have a hard time taking callouts seriously when they come from people I've recently fought on their other faction character.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Few, if any, have left ESO because of lack of faction locks. It is just a weak attempt to try to gain steam on an otherwise non issue

Well, not to be rude, but I think you are not quite being honest. I made a post myself about this that you your self commented, where I said that I and several other quit for just this reason: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434101/we-want-our-cyrodill-back-pc-eu/p1

It is not so long ago, so I think you would remember.
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    idk how you correlate account campaign locks with regrowing the pvp population :thinking_emoji:

I explained that at lenght at the abov post, but it is like several others have talked about in this thread, that we belive a faction lock of some kind would make pvp in Cyrodil more friendly and make it rewarding to play to try to win the campaign.

Without factions/alliances there can be no meaningful pvp, as very many players will only farm ap and have little incentive to help others. Atm pvp is full of trolls and toxic behaviour, and also too many players stealing scrolls on their alts and bringing them to their main alliance. That kind of behaviour scare away alot of people.

A faction/alliance lock will not solve this problems entirely, but would in my (and many others) oppinion be a large step in the right direction.

• Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is very much alive and well on Xbox NA. Reports of the death of PvP have been greatly exaggerated! ;)

I am very much in favor of faction locks though. At least on a specific campaign for the duration thereof.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so to answer your question, I've been in one of those mini-groups. And the crown will rotate people in their group to "switch" to a different color for a set period of time.

Like I say, it's more prevalent in the daytimes during slow periods than any other... And the other "colors" or (spies) will literally walk up to sneaking enemies and call them out to their group by making certain animations.

I'll get a video next time I'm in Vivec for you to show someone calling me out in sneak. It's pretty regular so shouldn't be hard to get for you to see what I mean.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats keeping me out of pvp is that the only build i really enjoy playing in pvp(werewolf open world) is bugged on xbox and im still waiting 4 the fix.... No point playing with 10k less resistances then i should have,
    oh yes and all the ultidumping /earthgore healbots going on in pvp , fighting really isnt all that fun, not to mention the people who at the slightest pressure start kiting, bol spamming even in 1vs 1situations, nah id rather run vmsa on ww at least that still gives me a bit of a kick(expecially in the poison round :lol: )
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not faction locking or lack thereof that is killing PvP

Its the damn lag and server performance

I used to rarely have above 120 ping in Vivec, barely a hicup at all and maybe 3-4 crashes a YEAR

Now I rarely have BELOW 200 and mostly between 200 and 300 and I am on the fastest internet connection I have ever had 100MB

Just tonight I have crashed out 2x in Cyrodill and 4x just trying to log back in. Actually I was told the server crashed
    My ping is almost always above 200, skills regularly freeze up. and I get the combat bug.

I dont know what in hades is going on but THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED
    Edited by Katahdin on September 29, 2018 1:10AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's sadly too late to lock factions, that boat sailed long ago.

The game doesn't have the population for PVP it used to in order to sustian locked factions.

Over half the players in the game simply switch sides when their primary faction is rolling the map because it would otherwise be unfun to play. folks should be happy when some of of the other factiosn switch to theirs when they have low pop.

Folks need to stop taking things so seriously, its a game. Heck just the other night an EP player zerged me down a few times at Nikel, and 20 minutes later he was standing next to me at Chal mine while we 2vXed 6 EP...its just the way things go...don't take it personal.

Winning the campaign is the most unfun action of Cyrodiil because it requires folks to pvedoor and fight more NPC's then they do players...if players were not allowed to log on to alts on other faction today, the faction that is winning now would simply dominate the map at all time. the game has changed since One Tamriel, and I don't see them going back on that. Just play and have fund when you can.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is going to continue losing players until ZOS fixes the lag and persistent performance issues.

Yup
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

I'm not very good at farming ap but farming salt I'm one of the best!

I love y'all <3 trolls (LMAO)

In normal times, someone taking another aside in private out of respect and saying "Yo, get a grip" was something we all would appreciate. No one in their right mind would ever put themselves on blast about being called out. WTF?

Just makes it all even more laughable...

Edited by Enkil on October 1, 2018 2:42AM
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, sounds like a lot of work and organization just to prevent a nightblade gank.....where are these highly motivated and organized groups hiding...EU, Xbox? Faction locks are no longer an option for this game for reasons already stated. Persistant poor server performance, raising the floor with dumbed down mechanics and lack of incentive or reward to care about the campaign just a few of the more pressing issues at hand. Maybe this is a conversation worth having once the above issues (as well as many others) are addressed and we have the population to support more than one server without those servers melting down during primetime.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall the stories of players on characters in one faction helping another faction with the scroll when the game was first released. I recall the stores of spies as well.

All that when we had faction locks.

The issue is far from wide spread now compared to then and clearly after 6 days and this thread is merely on it's 3rd page it does not seem many agree with the what is stated in the OP and pretty much does see it as a major impact on Cyrodiil
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd thread this one, really is. Lots of deflection / straw man responses. The OP isn't saying lag / performance isn't an issue, clearly that needs fixing as well.

However cheating in Cyrodiil certainly impacts longevity of play in particular with new PvPers. I've been supporting a fee players new to Cyro recently in guild runs etc and AP boosting alone & switching to support it ruins peoples experience / wish to stay.

Sure performance needs sorting out, however any competitive game that allows cheating that's mega visual is always going to lose folks interest.

I get all the play with friends reasons for switching etc etc heard them all before. But sadly that excuse is used by all the nefarious alliance hoppers too.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to keep the options open tyvm. I am slowly being convinced into making an EP. Because there are just some people on AD that I really want to mine salt from.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I see this, I remember only 6-7 people defending scroll and entire map in campaign from 60+ or a locked faction (during faction lock period). Considering this is how a majority of points are still earned for some alliances, can someone explain to me how a faction lock will actually change that? How exactly will it even out numbers or stop this behavior? I fail to see it every time.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reasons the pvp pop is getting worse is...Lagg, first and foremost lagg.

Secondly, let me tell a tiny story.

Yesterday morning I was pvping, having fun, then taking hits, I was at 19ish k hp (my max hp is 25k) and I died to a 5k execute. Same thing happened this morning, but I quickly understood what was going on so I stood by some enemy alliance npc and took dmg slowly bit by bit, I died when I still seemingly had 8k hp left.

Sadly the hp desync happens frequently and leads me to log out. Lagg leads me to log out. CCbreak not working or being terribly slow leads me to log out, weapon swap being slowly and unresponsive leads me to log out.

I dont have to wonder why the pvp pop is dwindling...I see it first hand.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Odd thread this one, really is. Lots of deflection / straw man responses. The OP isn't saying lag / performance isn't an issue, clearly that needs fixing as well.

However cheating in Cyrodiil certainly impacts longevity of play in particular with new PvPers. I've been supporting a fee players new to Cyro recently in guild runs etc and AP boosting alone & switching to support it ruins peoples experience / wish to stay.

Sure performance needs sorting out, however any competitive game that allows cheating that's mega visual is always going to lose folks interest.

I get all the play with friends reasons for switching etc etc heard them all before. But sadly that excuse is used by all the nefarious alliance hoppers too.

Part of the problem with focusing on faction locking is that we have to have a larger PVP population first. Then we can talk about doing things that split the population more.

The only way to increase the PVP population to long term sustainable levels is for ZOS to fix the lag and performance issues.

Raising the population because people can actually play has two benefits that impact faction loyalty.

1. The impact of cross-faction problem players is much lessened conpared to the whole population. With more players on each alliance, theres much more genuine competition thats harder for spies and cheaters to influence. Emp swapping in particular gets a lot harder.

2. If people leave because they cant play with their friends, can't spy, can't whatever, who cares? We've finally got enough people that its not going to make a big difference in campaign population. Or at the very least, we've got enough people that we could field a faction locked campaign.

Basically, we need more people in PVP in order to split the population or risk lots of people leaving because of faction locks. And a lot more people leave PVP because of performance issues than leave because we dont have faction locks. So we have to fix the bigger problem first.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iwe been here since alfa... and the excuse people are leaving couse of lag, if you been here, things are not worse, its acutally fairly good in vivec, used to how it have been at some stages, there allways been technical issues... i mean based on this argument people should be comming back since its ALOT better now then it have been... FAIL ARGUMENT
    PS i play on NA from europe...

But, when pandoras box was opened and people were able to faction hop, that was when people started leaving pvp, and have ever since...
    Edited by Miriel on October 2, 2018 12:45AM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just fix the game first yeah. Then worry about the little things.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • accina
    accina
    Haven't played this games for couple of years but I used to play it alot. Playtime around 150 days since prelaunch.
    I really loved Cyrodiil but the server lag made it nearly impossible to play and those proc sets were the last bullet.

Are those proc sets and server lag still an issue?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    accina wrote: »
    Haven't played this games for couple of years but I used to play it alot. Playtime around 150 days since prelaunch.
    I really loved Cyrodiil but the server lag made it nearly impossible to play and those proc sets were the last bullet.

Are those proc sets and server lag still an issue?

Those proc sets have been nerfed and others took their place. And I can't speak to your particular lag, but I certainly still have it.

So, yes, still an issue.