The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please Open 1-2 Faction Locked Campaigns

• Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    Think something along those lines is required:

If you enter a campaign ,other alliance characters are locked out of that specific cyrodiil campaign and only playable in pve for the duration of the ongoing campaign you've enrolled in
    After a campaign ends you can choose again for free.Abandon campaign cost 1 million AP

if you choose the same alliance for next round,you could get a small fealty bonus if your alliance wins the campaign that next round (with one motif piece of that respective allance perhaps?)
    Or maybe it would put less pressure to win if ,as long as you keep choosing the same alliance after the first campaign,a fealty bonus would apply if you win?
    Edited by Tipsy on August 29, 2018 12:11PM
    Options
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont need to be spreading out PVP anymore than it already is. No new campaigns are needed at this time.
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    A faction locked campaign will be red 24/7 and it will die from boredom

Also many people have multiple accounts or can get new ones for $10.

If I want to play AD, I get on account no 1
    If I want to play EP, I get on account no 2
    If I want to play DC, I get on account no 3

It happened all the time the last time we had faction locks.

This. Will. Solve. Nothing.

New accounts don't come with pre-levelled Max CP chars though do they.
    That's a lot of time to put into a new account just to skip a queue that is aimed at evening the odds in Cyrodil for once.

And nobody is talking about locking out your whole account at all.
    Just as it was originally intended. You choose one campaign per faction for its duration.
    It really is a very simple concept - and allows you to do pretty much what you do already now, just without all the Bull that happens due to people switching factions nightly to influence the score.

New accounts didn't come with max level characters then either and it happened all the time.

You don need to be max CP to be effective.
    People can grind out enough in short order.
    Much easier than it used to be.
    There is also battle leveling for sub 50

People will switch guaranteed.

The map will be dominated by one color most of the time.

Maybe that's the point? Most of the people advocating for this seem to all be from one particular faction

The only way population imbalance will ever be solved is with dynamic faction based on the lowest faction population.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 29, 2018 12:49PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map will be dominated by one colour most of the time.

Maybe that's the point? Most of the people advocating for this seem to all be from one particular faction

The only way population imbalance will ever be solved is with dynamic faction based on the lowest faction population.

How could you possibly know which faction people are from? When you don't even know what server or campaign they are playing on?
    Honestly that is just utter nonsense.

I imagine it is the total opposite tbh - those who aren't faction loyal and who swap factions nightly are scared that they won't be able to affect the campaigns as much as they do now, and reap the same benefits.
    Pick a campaign, pick a faction and stick with it for its duration. And if not, don't join the faction locked campaign.

I honestly don't know what people who aren't in favour of a faction locked campaign have to worry about. It doesn't involve you.
    If your argument is that people might defect to that campaign leaving other ones empty...., kinda tough luck - maybe people should have thought about that before encouraging the antics that happen daily in Cyrodiil now.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more campaigns. DC barely has pop lock even in Vivec; which is where everyone will keep going anyway. Can debate whether that needs faction lock. I’d say then just cut it down to 7 days at most at that point as 30 is too long to be locked in
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How could you possibly know which faction people are from? When you don't even know what server or campaign they are playing on?

I imagine it is the total opposite tbh - those who aren't faction loyal and who swap factions nightly are scared that they won't be able to affect the campaigns as much as they do now, and reap the same benefits.
    Pick a campaign, pick a faction and stick with it for its duration. And if not, don't join the faction locked campaign.

I honestly don't know what people who aren't in favour of a faction locked campaign have to worry about. It doesn't involve you.
    If your argument is that people might defect to that campaign leaving other ones empty...., kinda tough luck - maybe people should have thought about that before encouraging the antics that happen daily in Cyrodiil now.

This argument has been going on for years. If at this point you "honestly don't know" the other side, then that's either incredible bias or willful ignorance.
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This argument has been going on for years. If at this point you "honestly don't know" the other side, then that's either incredible bias or willful ignorance.

It's neither!
    its about giving everyone their option of how to play.
    An option that was taken from us in 1Tam and has seen a huge decline in the PVP community because of it.

And where does it say that that "honestly don't know" the other side?
    I said "I honestly don't know what people who aren't in favour of a faction locked campaign have to worry about"
    Just don't join the campaign....
    Options
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no new campaigns. PvP is too spread out as it is. We need to remove atleast one campaign.

Adding an alliance locked campaign WILL not save PVP. We need to consolidate, not spread out.
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no new campaigns.

LMAO! Does calling oneself a Pendragon grant the right to issue decrees?? :D

Remove, consolidate, whatever... the point is one faction locked campaign should be available.

Every current campaign is all loosey-goosey, free-for-all with rampant faction hopping on hourly basis by numerous players abusing the lack of even minimal restrictions. That's absolutely ridiculous for a game of this size.

Edited by Enkil on August 30, 2018 11:13PM
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think people opposed are worried that it will be popular, and will take away from their preferred method of jumping factions.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m concerned that if one faction has a habit of being under pop; people will just lock into the others from the beginning and go full time. They really just need to make sure playing the lower pop faction is more incentive based and easier to do than just jumping on the winning side, faction stack, and collect more rewards that it is now.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually wouldn't mind account locked factions, but removal of race based faction locked.

You pick a faction. You stick with it. Have it set in game <Recruitment NPC> or in PvP menu
    Edited by karekiz on September 2, 2018 8:42PM
    Options
  • mabdastardseb17_ESO
    could we not have a one cyrodiil same as we have one tameriel then players could join which ever faction at start of campaign and run only that faction for duration of that campaign that way we could use what ever toon we liked no more having to grind a ad toon dc toon ep toon .
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We still need this.. prob now more than ever
    Options