Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield Changes and Bastion

deLioncourt
deLioncourt
✭✭✭✭
So with the cap of 40% of Max Health, does this limit Bastions' usefulness?

If it's capped at 40% of your Max Health..that means my particular shield would 6.4k Is 6.4k All I can hope to achieve, or will bastion allow me to push that number higher than 6.4k?

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can just change Bastions to give extra resistances for shields only. Easy fix.
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    If one shield morph is still with cast and no hp cap, bastion is still usefull.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the 40% cap applies to ALL shields, then bastion is a dead CP star, and you can put the points anywhere else. Damage reduction, crit resistance, increased resistances/armor all would reduce damage to shields. It also makes shattering blows a dead star, why increase damage just to shields when you can increase all damage and have the same effect?

I think ZOS will be sulky about having to backtrack and apply the 40% cap to just the magicka shields, lol.

Edited by katorga on September 27, 2018 3:31PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's capped at 40% of your Max Health..that means my particular shield would 6.4k Is 6.4k All I can hope to achieve, or will bastion allow me to push that number higher than 6.4k?

They only said this was applying to the specific skills Conjured Ward and Annulment, those skills themselves being capped but still stackable.

Other shields and stacking couldn't be capped or they would be rendered useless, but most are capped already as they are mostly based on max health or unable to be buffed by damage stats, like enchant shields.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shattering Blows also need to be removed.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't take into consideration what dampen magicka vs. harness magicka is going to do lol.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They only said this was applying to the specific skills Conjured Ward and Annulment, those skills themselves being capped but still stackable.

Other shields and stacking couldn't be capped or they would be rendered useless, but most are capped already as they are mostly based on max health or unable to be buffed by damage stats, like enchant shields.

They didn't say that. All they said about cunjored and annulment was that they would lose their cast time.
    The 40% applies to the TOTAL value of all shields on you. Re-read the notes.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

They didn't say that. All they said about cunjored and annulment was that they would lose their cast time.
    The 40% applies to the TOTAL value of all shields on you. Re-read the notes.

Given the only abilities being discussed wer Annulment and Ward, I doubt it’s going to apply to every shield in the game
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would they say TOTAL shield value then? That's a direct comment on stacking, and stacking involves all shields.

Total = adding them all up. Shield = shield.

= Adding all shield values up and capping at 40%

Think of the reasoning too.. they want healers to have more of a role... If that's the case, why would they let ANY shields fully protect from a burst mechanic?

Edited by Biro123 on September 28, 2018 10:03AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Zos is a "genius" when it comes to math!
    May be 6.4k. Or 3.2k or even 640
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Biro123 Thats incorrect... Rob Garret just posted and each shield can be 40% individually... you can stack as many as you like, its each individual shield thats 40%, not as a total.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    @Biro123 Thats incorrect... Rob Garret just posted and each shield can be 40% individually... you can stack as many as you like, its each individual shield thats 40%, not as a total.

Man, they really need to make their notes clearer.
    So does 40% only apply to those 2 shields, or can it apply to any shield?

Edited by Biro123 on September 28, 2018 12:14PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123

For Barrier to make sense it would have to just be those two damage shields, but once again time will tell.

Real question now is, are Harden Ward and dampen magicka now being changed? Because as is they are useless to run compared to their alternate morph.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And thus, I was right.
    It seemed pretty obvious to me, but people had to be Chicken Little.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And thus, I was right.
    It seemed pretty obvious to me, but people had to be Chicken Little.

Even so, it's still an un-necessary nerf that makes sorcs ability to deal with burst damage un-necessarily difficult.

Again, it becomes an issue of 'is it too much trouble to run magsorcs now'. And if the answer becomes yes, especially for trial setups, people will switch, and the people who dont will do it or leave.

This is not a good choice to give people who are allready pissed about this pattern of behavior. Eventually something will need to give.