Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload and Elemental Weapon?

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the changes that have been made to Overload, is it possible to weave in Elemental Weapon to buff OL light attacks? If so, is that combo buffed further by Queen’s Elegance?

I’d test it myself, but I’m on console, so...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Weapon does not buff Light Attacks, it adds another proc damage on Light Attacks.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Elemental Weapon does not buff Light Attacks, it adds another proc damage on Light Attacks.

To-may-to, to-mah-to. It’s still adding extra damage to a light attack.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

By this logic every skil weaved with light attack adds extra damage to light attack. Elemental Weapon is spammable ability like all the others with the only restriction it requires light attack to proc. It's not part of light attack damage it's separate damage that fires off with light attack similar to how enchantments proc.

Also yes it'll be possible to weave overload light attacks with every ability including Elemental Weapon but no Elemental Weapon in that combo is not getting buffed by Elegant set. Only overload light attack is affected.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 26, 2018 2:35AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

By this logic every skil weaved with light attack adds extra damage to light attack.

No. It’s a subtle distinction.

Tooltip: “Infuse your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage and apply the Burning, Concussion or Chill elemental status effect.”

The skill is dependent upon use of a light attack. So what I’m saying here is does an Overload light attack work with both Elemental Weapon and Queen’s Elegance simultaneously?

Edit: you edited your post. Thanks for clarfiying. That’s what I was asking; if all three of those things work together. So, essentially, your overload light attacks are affected by Elegance, and they in turn proc the damage from Elemental Weapon.

Edited by Aurielle on September 26, 2018 2:38AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By this logic every skil weaved with light attack adds extra damage to light attack.

Tooltip: “Infuse your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage and apply the Burning, Concussion or Chill elemental status effect.”

The skill is dependent upon use of a light attack. So what I’m saying here is does an Overload light attack work with both Elemental Weapon and Queen’s Elegance simultaneously?

Well putting damage enchantment into weapon also causes light attack to deal additional dmg. Does that mean enchantments are part of light attack damage ?

Yes If You have Elegant set and You have overload activated it'll increase overload damage by 20% and overload will also proc Elemental weapon which wont be buffed by Elegant set because it'll will be separate proc similar to what Force Pulse damage would be for example.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 26, 2018 2:42AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well putting damage enchantment into weapon also causes light attack to deal additional dmg. Does that mean enchantments are part of light attack damage ?

You’re being a bit pedantic now. I could have phrased the original question better; I was basically asking if Overload synergizes with Elegance and Elemental Weapon. It does, apparently, and that’s all I wanted to know.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re being a bit pedantic now. I could have phrased the original question better; I was basically asking if Overload synergizes with Elegance and Elemental Weapon. It does, apparently, and that’s all I wanted to know.

Well if Your question was only "Is new overload light attack procing Elemental Weaapon ? " the answer is : Yes.

You know proper answer requires proper question and asking question incorreclty may lead to misinformation that's why I can look pedantic because I want to clarify what person that asks want to know excatly when question was not clear.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 26, 2018 2:46AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if Your question was only "Is new overload light attack procing Elemental Weaapon ? " the answer is : Yes.

No, my question was: does Elegance increase the damage of Overload light attacks, and (at the same time), does Overload work with Elemental Weapon? Essentially: [Overload base light attack damage x 20% (from Elegance)] + Elemental Proc. I haven’t bothered much with Overload on my sorc, so I’m just trying to come up with some alternative builds in anticipation of the upcoming changes. It seemed like the combo of Overload, Elegance, and Elemental Weapon could be fun, so I figured I’d ask.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload+Elegance+Elemental Weapon does 30% less damage on PTS, compared to Overload+Kena+Elegance on live.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload+Elegance+Elemental Weapon does 30% less damage on PTS, compared to Overload+Kena+Elegance on live.

Bummer. :/ I’m guessing that’s due to the OL light attack nerfs...

• Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure how many times I have to say this for all the ppl supposedly excited about the horrible overload changes but its outright weaker on pts for just pure damage compared to whats already possible on live even with weaving. the only part that saw a buff was the star wars lord palatine heavy attacks while third bar is gone and la damage is super weak and the animation is still super slow so even with the weaving it feels horrible. Sorcs really need to actually go try it out on the pts instead of just "thinking" how great its going to be.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure how many times I have to say this for all the ppl supposedly excited about the horrible overload changes but its outright weaker on pts for just pure damage compared to whats already possible on live even with weaving. the only part that saw a buff was the star wars lord palatine heavy attacks while third bar is gone and la damage is super weak and the animation is still super slow so even with the weaving it feels horrible. Sorcs really need to actually go try it out on the pts instead of just "thinking" how great its going to be.

THIS.

And, additionally, for those who still don´t have a clue:

You PAY twice the ulti for the same damage (which is useless because everyone is being healed up in 3 seconds anyway), and you will REGEN FAR LESS Ulti per minute than before.
    Edited by Thraben on September 26, 2018 12:07PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO. I'm not "excited" about the Overload changes, @Donnasnowheart_ESO ; I was simply asking a question BECAUSE I cannot test on the PTS, as per my statement in the original post (I'm a console player).

Look, I'm just as annoyed with the nerfs as anyone else. I'm just trying to come up with some ideas to try when Murkmire hits; otherwise, I'm shelving my sorc and probably playing another game. If OL is not going to be viable, that's all you needed to say.
    Edited by Aurielle on September 26, 2018 12:09PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I did try it on the PTS, and I think it has real potential in PvP. It allows the Sorc to put much higher pressure on an adversary. They can either roll dodge and blow through all their stamina, or they can try to out-heal it. Either way you're going to drain their resources heavily, if you don't manage to kill them first.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I did try it on the PTS, and I think it has real potential in PvP. It allows the Sorc to put much higher pressure on an adversary. They can either roll dodge and blow through all their stamina, or they can try to out-heal it. Either way you're going to drain their resources heavily, if you don't manage to kill them first.

That was what I was thinking when I posed the question initially. Was thinking of pairing it with heavy Clever Alchemist to proc a hefty amount of spell damage on demand while still being somewhat tankier than usual to make up for the shield nerf. Sustain is crap, though. :/

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, well....

Overload sucks donkey balls, which is why people are complaining in the first place. 1) Overload is slow, 2) can be easily dodged like a loosely packed snowball. 3) Going in and out of Overload mode is clunky and will get you killed all the time.

Make Frags hit as hard as Assassin's Will and make Overload as strong and fast as Incap or Leap or Dawnbreaker... then Sorcs will have many problems solved.

1) Still exactly the same, just with higher Ulti costs and less burst
    2) Still exactly the same
    3) Still exactly the same, or even worse if you have tried the similar toggle, "mend wounds" in OpenPvP combat situations.

So why exactly should we be happy with this?

The use of OL opened a short burst window and required a clear understanding when to use it and when not and onto whom before countermeasures (DK, Warden, any shield user) made it dangerous to the user.

NOW: the burst window is gone, as any TrollKing monster set easily outheals that "burst". Furthermore, you need even more preparation time than before because you have to use another skill twice or thrice (EW) additional to the usual "empower" skill, for which - ironically - you lack the bar space because the 3rd bar has been deleted.

Make Frags hit as hard as Assassin's Will and make Overload as strong and fast as Incap or Leap or Dawnbreaker... then Sorcs will have many problems solved.

Not really reached those standards, did they? Instead, they made Assassin´s Will replace Frags and Overload as the standard ranged attack in Cyro.
    Edited by Thraben on September 26, 2018 1:22PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But still doing whole rotation with overload turned on is doing more DPS then overload spam before. That change have potential with few more tweaks .

Edited by Juhasow on September 26, 2018 1:52PM