Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP is dying, and will continue until we get campaign account locks.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Lock it down, please. There is no reason to faction swap. The only reason that people do it is to exploit AP gains (looking at you @Elong )

Reported for harassment.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, faction swapping after 4 years of playing for one faction and earning over 100mil AP as well as playing for some of the best guilds to run in this game, to try and help balance the campaign, constitutes as exploiting AP gains folks. I've heard it all now.
    Edited by Elong on September 25, 2018 9:15PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people put a little too much investment into how other people play. I prefer to stay on one faction in PvP, but not everyone does. Am I outraged over people that play on mulitple factions? Nope. I also only remember like 5% of the names I see on opposing factions. I know who some streamer are, I know who the pita players are, and I know the red tank by name. That's pretty much it lol.

I'd rather see performance be their top priority. Like other people have said, maybe this could come sometime after that. I don't personally care either way on it though.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    By the way, faction swapping after 4 years of playing for one faction and earning over 100mil AP as well as playing for some of the best guilds to run in this game, to try and help balance the campaign, constitutes as exploiting AP gains folks. I've heard it all now.

Silly me, I thought exploiting AP required working with friends on the enemy faction to cause fake D-ticks or to cooperate to flip flags.

Thanks for enlightening me! :wink:
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao the moment I can’t switch factions to play with a friend is the moment I uninstall. There’s more to the game than winning a campaign & thinking players should be loyal to a faction. It’s about playing with friends. Sorry people want to play with others on different factions.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction swapping to help balance things out, play as underdog, and help provide organization and guidance where needed is laudable and good for all parties. This can be done at the end of campaign duration.

Faction swapping to AP boost buddies, deliver scrolls to enemy faction, and other shenanigans is blatant abuse of the lack of restrictions. Those culpable will swap multiple times to multiple factions in the same day, sometimes the same hour.

It’s a problem that needs addressing.

Solution: Keep FFA campaign, and open 1-2 faction locked campaigns (don’t need to be pop locked).

Things will sort themselves out.... all are happy and have place to play that fits their style...

Edited by Enkil on September 26, 2018 12:39AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes, at least provide one campaign that is locked and disallows cross-faction chat.

@Solariken This would be a campaign where I would never go. Not being able to say 'gf' to an opponent would be unacceptable for me, it would take away something fundamental.
    Edited by MipMip on September 25, 2018 11:10PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Faction swapping to help balance things out, play as underdog, and help provide organization and guidance where it is is needed is laudable and good for all parties. This can be done at the end of campaign duration.

Faction swapping to AP boost buddies, deliver scrolls to enemy faction, and other shenanigans is blatant abuse of the lack of restrictions. Those culpable will swap multiple times to multiple factions in the same day, sometimes the same hour.

Solution: Keep FFA campaign, and open 1-2 faction locked campaigns (don’t need to be pop locked).

Things will sort themselves out.... all are happy and have place to play that fits their style...

As good as this sounds, and I do agree with the solution, there simply isn't a big enough pvp population left to do this.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    You guys noobs or something? They got rid of faction lock because it sucked and nobody wanted it. Now you want it back.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altercator wrote: »
    You guys noobs or something? They got rid of faction lock because it sucked and nobody wanted it. Now you want it back.

How do you leave Cyro?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes, at least provide one campaign that is locked and disallows cross-faction chat.

There isnt a cross faction chat, just whispers or guild chat, and you can't really disallow whispers between accounts. Though Cyrodiil would be a lot nicer if they did.

Everyone knows what I meant by that. And yes they absolutely could disallow whispers between opposing faction characters while in Cyrodiil - that would be the easiest thing in the world to add, some intern could do that on Monday morning before his first coffee.
    Edited by Solariken on September 25, 2018 11:37PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So OP suggests PvP is dying because of a lack of faction lock yet the best he can do is offer an opinion to attempt to substantiate his weak claim.

As I post this Vivec is pop locked by all 3 factions.

Truth is OP has no idea how the popularity of PvP is going in this game and certainly does not know why.

This is no different that the long line of unsubstantiated claims made before on this subject. Certainly is many agreed with OP this thread would already be book length.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction swapping to help balance things out, play as underdog, and help provide organization and guidance where it is is needed is laudable and good for all parties. This can be done at the end of campaign duration.

As good as this sounds, and I do agree with the solution, there simply isn't a big enough pvp population left to do this.

A big reason for the low PvP population is there is no playground for PvPers who expect a certain level of restrictions to be in place on the server (campaign) they are gonna play on....

I am former guild/nation leader from hardcore pure PvP mmo background (Shadowbane) and I can tell you that many PvP gamers just don't want to play some carebear game where the devs have made it so grinders and farmers (AP farmers) dominate with low-skill and zerging.

Edited by Enkil on September 26, 2018 12:50AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A big reason for the low PvP population is there is no playground for PvPers who expect a certain level of restrictions to be in place on the server (campaign) they are gonna play on....

I am former guild/nation leader from hardcore pure PvP mmo background (Shadowbane) and I can tell you that many PvP gamers just don't want to play some carebear game where the devs have made it so grinders and farmers (AP farmers) dominate with low-skill and zerging.

No. The main reason there is a low population is because there is lag, there are bugs, there is lag, and there is more lag.

Please don't blame the players for the current state of cyrodiil. I have played since beta and every week is gradually worse and worse to the point where it can't even handle 2 ball groups in the same fight.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on a MacBook, my CPU races, and I cannot even group.. I play despite the lag...

There are more intrinsic problems than the lag... If you cannot see them, you might be blind to them...

The issue under discussion here (faction lock) can be easily remedied by the dev team.

Lag is definitely an ongoing problem regardless, but it's a separate issue absolutely worthy of discussion in an appropriate thread.

I'm not placing all blame on players... the battlefield is set by the Devs.. They are responsible for making sure Cyro is conducive to robust and rewarding PvP... it's lacking .

Edited by Enkil on September 26, 2018 1:20AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play on a MacBook, my CPU races, and I cannot even group.. I play despite the lag...

There are more intrinsic problems than the lag... If you cannot see them, you might be blind to them...

The issue under discussion here can be easily remedied by the dev team. Lag is going to be a problem regardless and a separate issue absolutely worthy of discussion in an appropriate thread.

I'm not placing all blame on players... the battlefield is set by the Devs.. They are responsible for making sure Cyro is conducive to robust and rewarding PvP... it's lacking .

Pvp would be rewarding if I could land a dizzy swing in prime time.

Focus on the main issues at hand.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how there's one actually active campaign, but some players live in a magical world where that population can be split and leave us, somehow, with two active campaigns.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 how there are so many clueless ESO players
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just watched zero of my sweeps connect on a flag npc at perfect range. Literally animation half plays and nothing registers.

Potions are 50/50 if they will fire. Sprint bug, some new bug where my skills just grey out. Whatever they have done it clearly isn't enough.

Performance is an issue. Top priority. I consider myself a core PvP player, the type that may not always group but will always drop camps, seige, and rep. Currently I'm counting down to when CU is released.

I'm sure most of the current "core" pvpers in this game are doing the same. And words from ZOS mean nothing at this point. It's put up or shut up, actions need to happen or there will be 1 campaign open mid 2019 with a lower pop cap.

The fall from grace of what PvP was and could have been should make some of these remaining employees sick every morning when they leave for work.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    First time I've been into Vivec in a while, and now I understand why. The campaign was pretty empty all day... and even now it's not full and it's peak time to be getting on.

Every mini zerg has two opposite colors running with them. This is to stop nightblades or anyone in sneak approaching. The color swapping has gotten to the point that game mechanics are now nullified by players multiboxing, or just having their group rotate who jumps on the opposing colors.

Can I suggest, and it's been suggested many times - that once you commit to a faction in a particular campaign, you are LOCKED to that faction for at least 7 days?? Or until campaign ends.

4+ years it's been open for players to play as they choose and it will stay that way. They are not going to lock factions simply because the vast majority of players are on a casual basis who want to play with their friends. And if that means swapping factions to play with friends than that's better than logging off or uninstalling. And these are the types of players that fund zos as they are the overwhelming majority.

You need to think from a business point of view. Bottom line is eso is here to make profit otherwise it wouldn't exist. If a change is going to hurt the bottom line then it's not the right answer.

Innovation is the answer. Creating a win win solution that won't hurt the business model. For example if loyal players get rewards for consecutive days spent in a single faction for that campaign then that might be the answer you're looking for. Maybe an increasing AP buff as a reward, with logarithmic scaling so that the rate of increase slows down over time to reward for consistent stay but not to make it OP for the long term players.

PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care about faction locking or anything else atm, I'm too bothered by the endless lag and the massive amount of bugs in pvp. They ruin the experience so much.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <3 how there are so many clueless ESO players

Please don't pm me calling me a troll in the future.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH campaign locks are the least of PvP`s issues, a actual massive improvement from the ground up to the servers and actual fixes to the lag issues would be better.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk how you correlate account campaign locks with regrowing the pvp population :thinking_emoji:
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll tell my story from Monday night. A story most of us can relate to. A story that is filled with reasons people have quit Cyrodiil.

Vivec, pc NA, early prime time. No factions pop locked. Fighting AD in front of Ash, chat is filled with people complaining their skills won’t fire. I’m watching allies and enemies alike freeze mid combat then disappear, clearly having crashed. I hit my Ultinate to Leap, nothing happens. Hit it againandagainandagainandagain. Nothing. Suddenly I’m dead and my body is sliding back towards the keep. My ultimate is now 0 despite having never gone off.

I respawn at High Rock gate to turn in kill quest. Go port back to Ash, but I’m STILL IN COMBAT. And can’t port. Take a bio break, feed the cat, grab a beer, still phasing in and out of combat, 4 min after dying and spawning at the base.

Say “Eff this, I’ll relog”. Nope, can’t do that while in combat. Hit Alt+F4, screen goes black and client hangs. “ESO.exe has quit unexpectedly”

Log back in, now I’m 17th in the queue. Finally get back, port, ride to Nikel. When I’m mere feet from the porch, everyone around me freezes and I’m moving super speed. I’ve gone link dead getting close to the fight. This never happened until last year, happens all the time now.

There’s more to the story (including a very suspicious NB porting around a resource, not jumping to a shade, blinking around and porting to different places) and none of it has anything to do with alliance swappers. These are the reasons Cyro pop has died off. These are the things that need fixed.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People really overestimate the AP you’re earning on DC :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video that was posted in this thread has way more to offer beyond faction locking and also allows for people to play outside of the faction. Just can't be on on the leaderboard and become emp or earn bonuses, but you will get AP. So the AP farming could continue under this system.

I do also agree that fixing server performance would be the number one priority before implementing anything the video has to offer.

The video makes for great rewards and other great features. I cant believe that a majority of people that watch the video would be opposed to it. It really does IMO make Cryo something special and a fun place to be.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is going to continue losing players until ZOS fixes the lag and persistent performance issues.

This. Everything else is a VERY distant second in the hierarchy of issues that ruin this game.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are primarily two types of players that faction swap.

1. Scrubby players who know they can't hack it on a lower pop faction and switch without being able to influence the game/map much at all.
    2. Players that switch to a lower pop faction to help balance things out and are doing you a favor by helping to keep pvp more interesting for a longer period of time.

Neither of these really heighten the need for faction locks.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    idk how you correlate account campaign locks with regrowing the pvp population :thinking_emoji:

Exactly. Just as OP surmised an incorrect reason for population change he surmised an incorrect fix.

Few, if any, have left ESO because of lack of faction locks. It is just a weak attempt to try to gain steam on an otherwise non issue.
    Kartalin wrote: »
    There are primarily two types of players that faction swap.

1. Scrubby players who know they can't hack it on a lower pop faction and switch without being able to influence the game/map much at all.
    2. Players that switch to a lower pop faction to help balance things out and are doing you a favor by helping to keep pvp more interesting for a longer period of time.

Neither of these really heighten the need for faction locks.

Exactly. Some incorrectly think a few players changing alliances in a days activities makes a huge difference. They try to make it sound like it is large numbers of players when in fact it is not.

Zos abandoned faction lock because it served the game poorly and with such little affect removing it has had they have no reason to bring it back.
    Edited by idk on September 26, 2018 5:28PM