Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP is dying, and will continue until we get campaign account locks.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
First time I've been into Vivec in a while, and now I understand why. The campaign was pretty empty all day... and even now it's not full and it's peak time to be getting on.

Every mini zerg has two opposite colors running with them. This is to stop nightblades or anyone in sneak approaching. The color swapping has gotten to the point that game mechanics are now nullified by players multiboxing, or just having their group rotate who jumps on the opposing colors.

Can I suggest, and it's been suggested many times - that once you commit to a faction in a particular campaign, you are LOCKED to that faction for at least 7 days?? Or until campaign ends.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be account faction locking.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is going to continue losing players until ZOS fixes the lag and persistent performance issues.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a red herring. PVP's dying because of performance issues. Let's fix that first and then get into the account lock related stuff.
    Edited by Mazbt on September 24, 2018 9:59PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is going to continue losing players until ZOS fixes the lag and persistent performance issues.

This is the real problem.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    This is a red herring.

It’s not a red herring to new and returning players. Play on Kyne and you will witness the astonishment first-hand when one realizes some enemy they just killed is now on a cross-faction alt less than 15 mins later asking for a group because their regular faction lost X keep/emp/___...

I recently returned to game in April after 3 year hiatus and had my own “WTF... I just can’t even” moment with this not long after.

Same goes for when some lametard logs his or her cross faction alt, picks up a scroll and delivers it to an enemy player on their “regular” faction.

If you think people don’t say “f*ck this sh*t” and go play either PvE or some other game you are sorely mistaken and/or incredibly naïve.

Faction lock for campaign duration is the reasonable common-sense expectation ALL players have until disabused of it. This free-for-all (FFA) loosey-goosey no-rules crap is a pathetic joke in an mmo of this size, scope and name.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler should know better, and do better.

Edited by Enkil on September 25, 2018 6:43AM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, being able to play any faction at will might be what’s helping this game keep any semblance of PvP population, for better or for worse.

Campaign locks won’t fix the PvP population. Hell, even fixing performance is probably a lost cause at this point.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before, will say it again

remove factions in PvP similar to one tamriel; when you start a Campaign for a month you pick which campaign to play for.

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for campaign locking since day one, but ZoS hasn't this in their scope. They want you to be able to switch
    if you wanna meet up with friends on another campaign.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already said they looking at a solution for it, @ZOS_BrianWheeler in a thread earlier in the year.

Cheating ruins PvP. For new players and experienced alike. Alliance switching, AP boosting/feeding, scroll meddling. And just no one having an alliance identity for that campaign.

Lock it for the campaign duration. Simple. Play with mates? Just arrange to hit Shor with them on that alliance and commit your other to Vivec simple. Be healthy too to spread pop out.

But the cheaters love to defend how it is now as they control things.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is just terrible anyways with or without an alliance lock. Lag, crashes, freezes, imbalances, OP sets/builds and just the overall cyrodil theme.

Would it help boost population at this point? Im not soo sure.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with those who say that performance is the problem.

If that can be fixed / improved perhaps population will increase to the point where a separate faction locked campaign can be introduced for those who absolutely want this (you won't find me there :) but I understand that there are different ways of enjoying the game)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance is a problem for sure but it's not the only issue the game has the following changes would improve the pvp experience in ESO.

1) Seperate imperial city, have it with its own queue and a group size cap. Consolidate to one 'instance' with pop counter and expand only if required.

2) implement dynamic faction scoring to rebalanced population deficiency (weighted ratio system)

3) incentivize both campaign end result and daily results.

4) make rewards account wide along with faction 'pledge' system. (Not locks)

5) either increase population cap or reduce group sizes and return group queues.

6) re-incentivise keep capture based on amount of "fighting" and defense based on "duration of defense + fighting"

For more info on these suggestions you can see the below video:
    https://youtu.be/Y8Vd5mNL8EI
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on September 25, 2018 11:50AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really believe that people are multi boxing to get an advantage in cyrodiil. And while faction swapping within a campaign is a problem, it's maybe the 5th biggest issue driving people away.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely because of no faction locks that is causing pvp to die. It's definitely not the horrible lag and performance problems, the bugs that go unfixed for months, the terrible balances changes, and lack of decent rewards and incentives to pvp.

Yep.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is guys above, its something they can do easily. Fixing code or servers is larger scale and costly.

Stopping folks cheat (or hindering them) with a low cost solution isn't a bad step even if its a small m quick win.

And as i said above. If pop was spread out it might help zergs / lag etc. You never know.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to see Alliance lock. This is a good idea IMO. Only the emp and AP farmers(and lets not forget the scroll spy's) do not like this idea.

Alliance lock would make it harder for them to collaborate with each other but not impossible.
    Performance is a problem for sure but it's not the only issue the game has the following changes would improve the pvp experience in ESO.

1) Seperate imperial city, have it with its own queue and a group size cap. Consolidate to one 'instance' with pop counter and expand only if required.

2) implement dynamic faction scoring to rebalanced population deficiency (weighted ratio system)

3) incentivize both campaign end result and daily results.

4) make rewards account wide along with faction 'pledge' system. (Not locks)

5) either increase population cap or reduce group sizes and return group queues.

6) re-incentivise keep capture based on amount of "fighting" and defense based on "duration of defense + fighting"

For more info on these suggestions you can see the below video:
    https://youtu.be/Y8Vd5mNL8EI

This is fantastic and I wish that someone from ZOS watched this and had a buget to make these changes.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Mazbt wrote: »
    This is a red herring.

It’s not a red herring to new and returning players. Play on Kyne and you will witness the astonishment first-hand when one realizes some enemy they just killed is now on a cross-faction alt less than 15 mins later asking for a group because their regular faction lost X keep/emp/__
    _...

I recently returned to game in April after 3 year hiatus and had my own “WTF... I just can’t even” moment with this not long after.

Same goes for when some lametard logs his or her cross faction alt, picks up a scroll and delivers it to an enemy player on their “regular” faction.

If you think people don’t say “f*ck this sh*t” and go play either PvE or some other game you are sorely mistaken and/or incredibly naïve.

Faction lock for campaign duration is the reasonable common-sense expectation ALL players have until disabused of it. This free-for-all (FFA) loosey-goosey no-rules crap is a pathetic joke in an mmo of this size, scope and name.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler should know better, and do better.

90% of the players can barely keep track of the names of players they are fighting against. The only time I remember GTs is if I have been killed or killed a player repeatedly. Or if they are a keyboard warrior spouting off in chat instead of actually playing the game.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea that faction locking would revitalize PvP is pure speculation. I know more people who would leave or be upset by faction locks than I know people who would come back.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Wizunas
    Wizunas
    ✭✭
    Agreed! Cannot lock people out of PvP. Can't block people from playing where they want. Can't block people from leveling skills on their different toons. Can't force people to join other campaigns when they are members of 5 guilds with members from all alliances. People bought and pay for the game so they can play whatever character they want, otherwise they would leave the game. We can see how people quit guilds that are exclusive to 1 alliance. For example Swtor has 2 alliances and nobody is locked from joining either, whenever.

Make 2 similar Vivec independent from each other! 1 locked and 1 unlocked, maybe that would solve the problem. After all this is a game to be played and Not a political institution :)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^ This

Faction locking is a very small issue when you consider all the other factors. Yeah it would help but I feel like there are more pressing matters to attend to
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    There are many things that will fix PvP but this isn't it. How about fixing lag?
    Edited by PemPem on September 25, 2018 5:36PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the main and possibly the only reason why Im thinking hard about just shelfing the game. Emtpy servers except in prime time, but by then its laggy af so youre up shiits creek either way.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You nailed it, it’s definitely not that skills don’t work anytime after 6pm EST. It’s that people aren’t faction locked.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on September 25, 2018 5:42PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, at least provide one campaign that is locked and disallows cross-faction chat.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Just eliminate Cyrodiil. BGs are better.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock it down, please. There is no reason to faction swap. The only reason that people do it is to exploit AP gains (looking at you @Elong )
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Faction locks are the last thing this game needs.
    The population is already small, locking campaigns will not solve any "imbalance" issues that exist. Factions win campaigns by organization via guilds and coverage. Having 1 or 2 different guilds running covering NA prime time, Oceanic prime time, etc.
    The other thing is, generally the people swapping factions are the people that are going to the underpopulated faction in search of good fights. They tend to be good players that a faction would want on their faction when times are tough.
    Faction locks would not solve any of these issues. It would potentially worsen any imbalance that may exist right now.
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can offer at least one locked campaign and people can play where they like. Going from one extreme where everything is FFA to the other and locking them all wouldn’t be sensible.

Y’all can keep the FFA campaign for your zergin’ scroll trollin’ & AP farmin’ habits.
    Edited by Enkil on September 25, 2018 9:09PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes, at least provide one campaign that is locked and disallows cross-faction chat.

There isnt a cross faction chat, just whispers or guild chat, and you can't really disallow whispers between accounts. Though Cyrodiil would be a lot nicer if they did.