The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Animations are about to get an upgrade...

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is before the séance/poltergeist room... I may push the bookcase back a touch so you cannot see any light at all.. I just liked that at least someone entering knows there's something .. lurking.... behind it ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdC5g0WUatM
    Edited by Delphinia on September 24, 2018 1:33PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K they just added 2 new boats on PTS, perhaps you can make a video how animating an armada of ships can sail around?
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should all be on the front page of the forums. I just went to the PTS because of this post and

OH MY GLOB, WE CAN FINALLY LINK THINGS!

I've been asking for this since day one. I'd kinda lost interest in housing and building and have been away for almost a year- but the work @R_K is doing here is super inspiring (and the rest of you, creating with these tools!) I may just get back into it.

I think the whole community should know about it. Great job!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia That's looking awesome! Nice job on yet another animation :-P Keep it up! ! ! <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    You should all be on the front page of the forums. I just went to the PTS because of this post and

OH MY GLOB, WE CAN FINALLY LINK THINGS!

I've been asking for this since day one. I'd kinda lost interest in housing and building and have been away for almost a year- but the work @R_K is doing here is super inspiring (and the rest of you, creating with these tools!) I may just get back into it.

I think the whole community should know about it. Great job!

@milkbox Thank you so much - and I hope that you do get back into it! If you do, and you find yourself having any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! :smiley:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    @R_K they just added 2 new boats on PTS, perhaps you can make a video how animating an armada of ships can sail around?

@immozz01 Challenge accepted! :wink:
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

tested a bit, you can make braziers pop on intervals and make it look like a battle :P (sink some ships) but timing is hard, nice parade of ships will be awesome enough :)

when will you join EU server?...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    W T F . . .

This is crazy for an add-on to be able to do. Have you tried a general application to ZOS? They're recruiting. :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much :smiley: I'll be honest, I would love to work at ZOS. And if it were to work on this part of the platform, that would be thoroughly awesome. With that said, I did not realize that they were recruiting Devs at the moment. I will take a look at the postings - thank you for the heads up! <3

Just curious, how many interesting hooks were in the API before you started demonstrating the functionality of your addon? Outside of simple position type hooks?

I suspect not many and I further suspect that they are now adding animation hooks based on what you are doing with your addons. There aren't many companies out there that won't take a run at seeing if they can hire the person that is driving their development.

and I just saw this too by the way...
    First, thank you so much.

To answer your question, the API was pretty basic in terms of being able to do anything dynamic with your house. But I think I was able to do quite a bit with just the 2 functions: one to get an item's current position and one to move an item; so I suppose tons of functions weren't needed to achieve what the first few generations of Essential Housing Tools did.

Also, to be fair, Chip at ZOS has been super awesome about considering my feedback and has delivered new functions that I have requested with each major release. For example, the addition of the functions to get an interactive item's state as well as to set it. After he added those, I was then able to build all of the cool home automation features in Essential for lights, switches and the like (and why I also finally implemented my overall idea for Triggers). So I am totally thankful for that "partnership" of sorts because it helps everyone have more fun with housing! :smiley:

With that said, I think I am definitely going to apply in light of @Turelus comment as I hadn't realized that there were positions available.

I don't think "to be fair" means what you think it means. That phrase should be followed by information weakening my argument, not reinforcing it...
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

This is crazy for an add-on to be able to do. Have you tried a general application to ZOS? They're recruiting. :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much :smiley: I'll be honest, I would love to work at ZOS. And if it were to work on this part of the platform, that would be thoroughly awesome. With that said, I did not realize that they were recruiting Devs at the moment. I will take a look at the postings - thank you for the heads up! <3

Just curious, how many interesting hooks were in the API before you started demonstrating the functionality of your addon? Outside of simple position type hooks?

I suspect not many and I further suspect that they are now adding animation hooks based on what you are doing with your addons. There aren't many companies out there that won't take a run at seeing if they can hire the person that is driving their development.

To answer your question, the API was pretty basic in terms of being able to do anything dynamic with your house. But I think I was able to do quite a bit with just the 2 functions: one to get an item's current position and one to move an item; so I suppose tons of functions weren't needed to achieve what the first few generations of Essential Housing Tools did.

Also, to be fair, Chip at ZOS has been super awesome about considering my feedback and has delivered new functions that I have requested with each major release. For example, the addition of the functions to get an interactive item's state as well as to set it. After he added those, I was then able to build all of the cool home automation features in Essential for lights, switches and the like (and why I also finally implemented my overall idea for Triggers). So I am totally thankful for that "partnership" of sorts because it helps everyone have more fun with housing! :smiley:

With that said, I think I am definitely going to apply in light of @Turelus comment as I hadn't realized that there were positions available.

I don't think "to be fair" means what you think it means. That phrase should be followed by information weakening my argument, not reinforcing it...

Sorry :wink: ... I meant "to be fair to Chip and the rest of his team at ZOS" because I really do think that they have been trying to accommodate my myriad requests that I regularly inundate them with on the Developer forums.

But yeah, I mean I totally can't disagree - and I do plan to apply because I would love to be able to help the Housing community [if at all possible] from within the team as well.
    Edited by R_K on September 26, 2018 6:54PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the glass boxes in the sphere a texture-replacer or a new furnishing?
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tested a bit, you can make braziers pop on intervals and make it look like a battle :P (sink some ships) but timing is hard, nice parade of ships will be awesome enough :)

Heh - if only I had the time to play regularly on both servers! Though, I did manage to get over there and join a very kind person's parade of level 3's long enough to get the Pathfinder achievement, so there's that! :wink:
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

Heh - if only I had the time to play regularly on both servers! Though, I did manage to get over there and join a very kind person's parade of level 3's long enough to get the Pathfinder achievement, so there's that! :wink:

good to see you join the marketing "event" :)
    shame you didn't tp in my crib to say hello!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good to see you join the marketing "event" :)
    shame you didn't tp in my crib to say hello!

@immozz01 Oh, well I can certainly come back to see it - that I'm always up for! Just say when! :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Are the glass boxes in the sphere a texture-replacer or a new furnishing?

@waitwhat The glass boxes are actually the crafted "Display Case, Large" purple quality item. It's one of the newer recipes added with Summerset, I believe.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to start out by saying that is an amazing add on. Please don't interpret this question as trying to take anything away from what you've accomplished (and if you are not the developer, what they accomplished).

Is there any technical limitations which prevent you from making the scene creation higher than 10 fps? I personally would probably prefer to make things animate at 30 fps even if it took 3 times as long to make. There is probably even some crazy person out there who would like to make their scenes at 60fps.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    db0ssman wrote: »
    Just want to start out by saying that is an amazing add on. Please don't interpret this question as trying to take anything away from what you've accomplished (and if you are not the developer, what they accomplished).

Is there any technical limitations which prevent you from making the scene creation higher than 10 fps? I personally would probably prefer to make things animate at 30 fps even if it took 3 times as long to make. There is probably even some crazy person out there who would like to make their scenes at 60fps.

@db0ssman Thank you so much. Yes, I am the developer, and no offense taken at all. To answer your question: The 10 item moves per second cap is required to ensure that your game client never exceeds the Housing Request Message Rate Limit of 10 per second (for that type of transaction: moving/rotating items). Were I to remove my add-on's limit and allow it to send 11, 30 or even 60 messages per second, you would be kicked from the server and sent to the login screen (quickly for 11+; very quickly for 60).

There is good news though. The reason that I originally posted this thread was to highlight the capabilities of the new Item Linking feature being added with the Murkmire DLC update. As of that update, you will be able to link one parent item to up to 50 child items. Once linked, you can then use Essential Housing Tools to move just the parent item - each move causes the child item(s) to instantly and seamlessly move with the parent. So while the same 10 moves / second limit will apply, those 10 moves can actually move an exponentially greater number of items. :wink:
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @cardinal05 Are you slacking with the video you promised? :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cardinal05 Are you slacking with the video you promised? :)

Omg. Yes! I totally forgot after I said that I'd create that, lol. I'm in the process of wrapping up my upgrades for Magic Carpet; but once I am done with that I will make the promised armada ;-P (and don't let me forget!)
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3B)<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3@R_K , this addon is so everything, I can't handle it!! *faints* Creative possiblities are ENDLESS. Gah. Thank you.That is all. .. and @Delphinia those are super awesome animations!
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3B)<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3@R_K , this addon is so everything, I can't handle it!! *faints* Creative possiblities are ENDLESS. Gah. Thank you.That is all. .. and @Delphinia those are super awesome animations!

tysm @swankery ! Really glad you like them! I am so thankful to @R_K for the add on and the assistance. We're able to do things that I didn't think would be possible. When I built my haunted Daggerfall castle last year, I wanted to give it more "life" and now, I can :) I'm sure you'll catch me year round still playing around with different ideas, it's been so much fun and EHT has really opened up an entirely new world and layer to this game.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@swankery
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Thank you so much, Swankerton of Swankertown <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    I am so glad that you and many of the other Divine Design Alliance peeps have found EHT's Animation features useful! That is literally the reason I write these tools, so thank you for letting me know! Also, you rock. Just saying. That's all.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@swankery
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Thank you so much, Swankerton of Swankertown <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    I am so glad that you and many of the other Divine Design Alliance peeps have found EHT's Animation features useful! That is literally the reason I write these tools, so thank you for letting me know! Also, you rock. Just saying. That's all.

Oh, and I forgot this...
    <3
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

Sorry :wink: ... I meant "to be fair to Chip and the rest of his team at ZOS" because I really do think that they have been trying to accommodate my myriad requests that I regularly inundate them with on the Developer forums.

But yeah, I mean I totally can't disagree - and I do plan to apply because I would love to be able to help the Housing community [if at all possible] from within the team as well.

Cardi @R_K - OMG. Hope you do apply, and really, REALLY hope you get brought onboard the dev team. Not only because you have insane skills, but also cos you're one of the kindest, most generous and patient people on the face of the planet. :)

Thanks so much for everything you do for the ESO housing community - your Divine Design Alliance guildies totally adore you and you (and your addons) are very much appreciated! <3
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    elvici wrote: »
    W T F . . .

Cardi @R_K - OMG. Hope you do apply, and really, REALLY hope you get brought onboard the dev team. Not only because you have insane skills, but also cos you're one of the kindest, most generous and patient people on the face of the planet. :)

Thanks so much for everything you do for the ESO housing community - your Divine Design Alliance guildies totally adore you and you (and your addons) are very much appreciated! <3

Times one thousand. <3
    Edited by swankery on October 13, 2018 3:32AM
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

Well that just made my day, week, month and year. <3 Thank you so much for saying that. It does feel nice to be appreciated and it feels even better knowing that I can contribute to or help Divine Design Alliance (and hopefully the rest of the Housing community) in some way.

This game has a lot of quality people that are worth every bit of the effort -- seeing you guys happy and excited about your builds, and showing them off with all of their insane animations and death traps and chess boards and self-flushing toilets and flying witch-cats -- that really is the reason why I love doing this. So... well, just thank you... <3:smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

Times one thousand. <3

...and thank you as well, so much! <3
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this animation upgrade :D I have some books and things to animate

Y7Tw7lO.jpg
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Absolutely brilliant. It never ceases to amaze me what people like you can do! Thank you. And following.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I can't wait for this animation upgrade :D I have some books and things to animate

Y7Tw7lO.jpg

Then you are going to love this upcoming patch. :-P Those books...

1. Select 'em all.
    2. Use EHT's new "Link Group" function under the "Change these items..." drop down.
    3. Once linked, you can just select and animate the Parent item and all of the other books move with it.
    4. /wand2
    5. /cheer
    6. /dance
    7. Profit.

Or something like that. But you get the idea. <3:wink:

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Absolutely brilliant. It never ceases to amaze me what people like you can do! Thank you. And following.

I agree! @ixie does awesome work. We've seen a lot of the "Ixie Creations" in past posts, including all sorts of fun stuff like those soon-to-be-flying books. ;)