Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FIXED: SAVAGE STRENGTH Werewolf Passive

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Looks like the passive is fixed. Thanks ZOS!

I just completed a test of the werewolf Savage Strength passive on the PTS. My physical and spell resistance in werewolf form increased both by 10,000. But when I got hit by light attacks, the damage was only slightly reduced.

In humanoid form and naked, light attacks were hitting me for 2,148.

In werewolf form and naked, light attacks were hitting me for 2,130.

That's a reduction of just 0.8% damage from the light attacks. That's not anywhere near the damage mitigation Savage Strength passive is supposed to provide.

ZOS, please fix!
Edited by Skoomah on September 18, 2018 11:21PM
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    This is a ridicules sleight of hand attempt to appease werewolves saying that something is fixed when the day patch notes comes out it gets tested immediately to be found still broken
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's honestly ridiculous that WWs already had to go a whole patch being deprived of one of the most important passives. Get it together please ZOS
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭
    This is concerning. Something must me up with how they coded the fix.
    ZOS please give Maormer skin
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, the resistance bug is making PVP with werewolf a terrible experience. I'm dying to things I didn't die to before. Please fix this as soon as possible. Werewolves are extremely squishy now.

While we're at it, you never properly fixed our light attack damage either when you broke it during the Summerset patch. Werewolves continue to deal 7-12% less light attack damage.

So what has happened the last few patches?
    1. We do less damage.
    2. We are less tanky.
    3. No difference in our healing.
    4. No difference in our mobility.
    5. No difference in our sustain.

Overall, werewolves are less fun to play due to the underwhelming damage and survivability.

Please fix!
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno. Please make sure this gets fixed....I don't want this to be another bug that falls through the cracks.
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to run something other than Chudan on my heavy build just to make up for missing resistances when running VMA. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno we need a fix to this!
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify the bug, it shows in the character tool tip that you get the 10k resistance. That's not the problem. And I wonder seriously if the combat team just looked at it and said "It shows up in tool tip, so it's working as intended". The problem is it doesn't actually give any damage mitigation. It's still not fixed. My wolf is also having to run Chudan just to get back in pvp. It feels so limiting to be forced to run a set because a bug exists that shouldn't.

5280 is 8% damage mitigation. At 10k this should be just over 15%! That's a huge difference. We are missing more then 15%!! I don't even wanna pvp right now as it is.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just tested it on pts and savage strength armor and spell resistance was working in werewolf form. But only tested it with one copied character.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m on console so I can’t really test, but thanks to those who are trying. Really hope this gets figured out.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get two contradictory results, can we have more tests please ? (had deleted my PTS install, need to redownload)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely need more tests to get a final result. On console myself, so can't help sadly....
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll expand the test to all my characters on PTS. Maybe my individual character was bugged.
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Also @Skoomah can you test both spell and physical? Make sure it's working with both.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I just completed a test of the werewolf Savage Strength passive on the PTS. My physical and spell resistance in werewolf form increased both by 10,000. But when I got hit by light attacks, the damage was only slightly reduced.

In humanoid form and naked, light attacks were hitting me for 2,148.

In werewolf form and naked, light attacks were hitting me for 2,130.

That's a reduction of just 0.8% damage from the light attacks. That's not anywhere near the damage mitigation Savage Strength passive is supposed to provide.

ZOS, please fix!

Hmm, when we checked on PTS, it appeared to be working correctly. What sort of enemy was hitting you? If it was another player, did they have any Champion passives active? Could you perhaps take a vid of your testing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gina, I’m going to test again tonight and ask the other player to take off all Champion points and their gear and just hit me with light attacks and their spells. Will report the results.
    Edited by Skoomah on September 18, 2018 5:55PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Test #1 Humanoid (Naked, No Gear, No CP)
    Light Attack (487 - 731)
    Surprise Attack (1122 - 1795)

h2miag5v0frj.png

Test #2 Werewolf (Naked, No Gear, No CP)
    Light Attack (413 - 661)
    Surprise Attack (1042 - 1667)

8ui8iq1snon8.png

Result:
    Savage Werewolf passive is reducing incoming damage.
    - Light Attack damage taken while in werewolf form reduced by 9.5% to 15.2%.
    - Surprise Attack damage taken while in werewolf form reduced by 7.1%.
    Edited by Skoomah on September 18, 2018 11:18PM
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this looks good--though the variability in those results concerns me. +10K resistances should be -15% damage taken, though things like crits and penetration might explain the swing. Could someone on the PTS test this with an NPC mob to make sure it's working correctly?
  • Ardicer
    Ardicer
    ✭✭✭
    Why has it been fixed on PC live server like 3 weeks ago but console's aren't getting it?
    The changes you made to werewolfs for the Wolfhunter DLC got me really excited to play one in PvP again but this passive not working is just game breaking. To let us wait a whole new DLC to fix something like this on PC but not on console feels to me like you guys really just don't care.
  • Ardicer
    Ardicer
    ✭✭✭
    Ardicer wrote: »
    Why has it been fixed on PC live server like 3 weeks ago but console's aren't getting it?
    The changes you made to werewolfs for the Wolfhunter DLC got me really excited to play one in PvP again but this passive not working is just game breaking. To let us wait a whole new DLC to fix something like this on PC but not on console feels to me like you guys really just don't care.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    Well, this looks good--though the variability in those results concerns me. +10K resistances should be -15% damage taken, though things like crits and penetration might explain the swing. Could someone on the PTS test this with an NPC mob to make sure it's working correctly?

In a sense of correction, without any damage reduction buffs(i.e. battle spirit), 10k resistance is equivalent to about around 30.4% Damage reduction by itself in a PvP scenario.
    Edited by Skullstachio on October 22, 2018 12:29PM
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall