The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Murkmire Hype Thread

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you excited for? I want that mount, a new murkmire home, to know more about the Naga, and so much more.

I'm all about getting dismounted in ankle high puddles.

They said it wouldn't happen, but I guess we'll seeeeeee

Yeah I heard, we will see. My guess is we will see a lot of puddle dismounts haha.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you excited for? I want that mount, a new murkmire home, to know more about the Naga, and so much more.

Yeah I heard, we will see. My guess is we will see a lot of puddle dismounts haha.

I feel like since the smaller races (bosmer) have smaller mounts (relatively) they'll dismount more often than the other races. Bosmer worst in slot for riding through Murkmire lol
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel like since the smaller races (bosmer) have smaller mounts (relatively) they'll dismount more often than the other races. Bosmer worst in slot for riding through Murkmire lol

too true. Hopefully they tested it on the smaller races and not just on orcs.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said on ESO Live that they specifically designed Murkmire so that won't happen
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hist calls me home now. The cat can't know I'm going. I'll slip away over the rooftops at midnight, leaving a couple of handbags in my straw bed to make her think I still sleep soundly in the stables by the camels.
    This part made me laugh out loud. I literally LOL'd.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Murkmire is going to be great content wise. However, has anyone seen or heard anything about QoL stuff coming with this update?

1. Character reordering on the character select screen.
    2. Undo and redo for furniture placement
    3. Grouping furniture items so they can all be moved together.

Right on! Thanks for the information. Hopefully more news to come as well.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Granted, I didn't go everywhere in Murkmire, but this didn't happen to me once. I got dismounted by mobs that I didn't see hiding in the grass until they attacked me, but not by the water.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Granted, I didn't go everywhere in Murkmire, but this didn't happen to me once. I got dismounted by mobs that I didn't see hiding in the grass until they attacked me, but not by the water.
    Pretty sure those were velociraptors.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hype!!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Hype!!

PTS next week!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Hype!!

PTS next week!

:)
    PC EU
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    When asked how to get to Murkmire, Rich said that there was a boat. That makes me think that it is not connected to Shadowfen and that there is no way to walk to it. My guess is that there is something between Murkmire and Shadowfen. Murkfen? Shadowmire? :smile:

In southern Shadowfen, there is a rickety old bridge over a river that leads to a blocked path. I always assumed this would be the road to Murkmire. I could've sworn that if you approach it even displays "Murkmire" in the UI but grayed out, but I haven't been there for years so I may be misremembering.

Anyway, first thing I'm doing when PTS is up is checking out that path to see if it's properly connected.

Well... people like @UrQuan were at PAX, and probably saw the map, and can easily answer these sorts of questions. :smile:
    There's blank space on the map (as in: enough blank space to put another small to medium size zone there) between Shadowfen and Murkmire, so I know the bridge @opaj is talking about in Shadowfen, but I doubt it will take you to Murkmire.
    And this map:
    radiostar wrote: »
    Is this the place? Norg-Tzel?
    NT1.png
    is definitely not the Murkmire map.

The Murkmire map is on the South coast of Black Marsh a little bit West of being directly South of Shadowfen.

I really didn't do much other than run around checking out the scenery (which IMO looks way more like a real swamp than Shadowfen), because I didn't want to spoil things for myself for when it comes on Live and I take my main Argonian there.

The place on the map, Norg-Tzel, is accessible during the prologue quest. This is quite a small, limited area off the coast. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Norg-Tzel

I wonder when will the prologue be live? It should be soon tbh O-o
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asked how to get to Murkmire, Rich said that there was a boat. That makes me think that it is not connected to Shadowfen and that there is no way to walk to it. My guess is that there is something between Murkmire and Shadowfen. Murkfen? Shadowmire? :smile:

In southern Shadowfen, there is a rickety old bridge over a river that leads to a blocked path. I always assumed this would be the road to Murkmire. I could've sworn that if you approach it even displays "Murkmire" in the UI but grayed out, but I haven't been there for years so I may be misremembering.

Anyway, first thing I'm doing when PTS is up is checking out that path to see if it's properly connected.

Well... people like @UrQuan were at PAX, and probably saw the map, and can easily answer these sorts of questions. :smile:
    There's blank space on the map (as in: enough blank space to put another small to medium size zone there) between Shadowfen and Murkmire, so I know the bridge @opaj is talking about in Shadowfen, but I doubt it will take you to Murkmire.
    And this map:
    NT1.png

The Murkmire map is on the South coast of Black Marsh a little bit West of being directly South of Shadowfen.

I really didn't do much other than run around checking out the scenery (which IMO looks way more like a real swamp than Shadowfen), because I didn't want to spoil things for myself for when it comes on Live and I take my main Argonian there.

The place on the map, Norg-Tzel, is accessible during the prologue quest. This is quite a small, limited area off the coast. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Norg-Tzel

I'm guessing about the time that murkmire hits pts, hopefully.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this map:
    NT1.png

I'm guessing about the time that murkmire hits pts, hopefully.

Aye. I think it is usually around the time when the update hits PTS or not long after.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    I want to know how we earn the new murkmire skin ?

Its probably the reward for the no-death speed-run without using sigils.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the first thing I'm going to do is race to Alessia bridge and drop it into the Niben.

And then I'm going to have a look at that rickety-rackety goat bridge and see if there is a troll living underneath it.
    PC EU
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    As long as its doesn't feel small i guess its fine, im still pissed that murkmire isnt a chapter. It deserved to be its original concept size damit.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so hyped that I made an Argonian character on the test server last night. Unfortunately, I'm out of character slots, so I can't actually bring her to life in my game unless I destroy one of my other characters to do it.

Please give us another character slot, ZOS. *Begs*
  • Strychnos
    Strychnos
    ✭✭✭
    PTS next week!

Do we have a specific date for when Murkmire will hit the PTS?

I looked and I couldn't find any solid information. I'm super excited to check it out (also excited for the datamine).
    lvl50 Characters:
    Toxlexel (Argonian Templar PvE Healer, EP)
    Grove-of-Trees-Swaying (Argonian Vampire NB PvE Tank, EP)
    Kazabi-daro (Khajiit DK PvE DPS, AD)- build under renovation
    Iroas Candaalil (Maormer [Dunmer] PvE Sorc DPS, EP, vMA build)- build under renovation
    Trick-of-the-Light(Argonian Warden PvE Healer, EP)
    Characters being leveled:
    Meera-Ei (Argonian DK PvP Tank, EP, Grove's sister)
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strychnos wrote: »
    PTS next week!

I looked and I couldn't find any solid information. I'm super excited to check it out (also excited for the datamine).

I'm pretty sure its the 17th. So excited!
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strychnos wrote: »
    PTS next week!

I'm pretty sure its the 17th. So excited!

Week of the 17th, to be more exact. So, could be Monday the 17th or Friday the 21st. Most likely, it'll be the 18th or 19th though.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No hype from me. Don't have any interest in Argonians or Black Marsh. It'll sit there in my list just like TG and DB do.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    No hype from me. Don't have any interest in Argonians or Black Marsh. It'll sit there in my list just like TG and DB do.

Why did you feel the need to tell us that?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said patch notes would be up monday the 17th. I think its presupposed that the pts will get uploaded first on monday .
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'm so hyped that I made an Argonian character on the test server last night. Unfortunately, I'm out of character slots, so I can't actually bring her to life in my game unless I destroy one of my other characters to do it.

@SydneyGrey Didn't they say they were doing a fresh wipe though? You might want to make note of the settings you used in case you need to recreate her.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    As always a new place to explore, strangely though i have heard some big changes to gameplay comming im excited for that. Always keeps the game from getting stale changing up builds and ideas.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

@SydneyGrey Didn't they say they were doing a fresh wipe though? You might want to make note of the settings you used in case you need to recreate her.

Yes gina said save your your characters cause they are wiping e erything
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had saved all of her stats onto a sheet of paper (such as "Eye Separation: 6 clicks from left", etc.) and I ended up deleting one of my older characers on the live server so I could officially bring her to life. The deleted character had already maxed out mount training, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Mages Guild and main quest, so ... OUCH deleting him stung like crazy. But I did it. At least he didn't yet have his Undaunted maxed out yet.

So now I have a baby Argonian girl who is three days old. LOL. I'm still getting wayshrines and lorebooks on her.