Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Hype Thread

• Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you excited for? I want that mount, a new murkmire home, to know more about the Naga, and so much more.

I'm mostly looking for that glorious class balance we were promised. It still sucks to be a warden.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsiWolf wrote: »
    Is that a Razum-dar kitten? This is the best thing ever.

That was available last month.

The link really is a mash-up of a lot of files, some released, some unreleased. I think it's the only place they've posted some of the pictures like the snake statue furnishing, though.
    signing off
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Oh, and not Murkmire-related, but .... they're going to let us re-order our characters in the character selection screen!!! YAAAAASSSS!

WHAAAATT?

Best thing EVAR!
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and not Murkmire-related, but .... they're going to let us re-order our characters in the character selection screen!!! YAAAAASSSS!

WHAAAATT?

Best thing EVAR!

And it was limited time only too. But fear not. In another couple of so seasons of crown crates I'm sure it'll be available again.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That mount looks like the Hist saw a horse and thought "I can do that".

Excited about the 3 biomes, though. Already sounds more interesting than Summerset.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • frankwchenzo
    frankwchenzo
    ✭✭
    Balance and MORE #nerfsorc
    and 1piece effect for all those arena weapons.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are *finally* adding a one piece bonus to award weapons.
  • Hal_Moore
    Hal_Moore
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the 4 man arena and new black rose weapons as well as being able to rearrange my 15 characters. I got the chance to demo it today for awhile and it looks fun.

Seeing as how Argonians are the master race this will probably be the best DLC ever.

Also looking forward to the mile gate and bridges in pvp being destructible/repairable and the new outposts and goat trails.

And the kool freebies for ESO plus members!

Edited by Hal_Moore on September 1, 2018 5:58AM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not hyped at all they need to stop rolling out dlc every 3 months and fix what they have. the games broken as heck right now and zenimaxstudios needs to figure out they need to fix that first.
  • Hal_Moore
    Hal_Moore
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    im not hyped at all they need to stop rolling out dlc every 3 months and fix what they have. the games broken as heck right now and zenimaxstudios needs to figure out they need to fix that first.

If you watched the stream today they gave a very nice explanation about problems in the game and i'm satisfied that they do take it serious and they are listening to the complaints. Have a sweet roll and enjoy the new content when it comes out! ;)

....wait....unless........Did somebody steal your sweet roll ?

hahahaha couldn't resist. But in all seriousness watch the stream when it comes out for replay and they give an explanation and it was nice to hear them acknowledging the complaints from the community.

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hal_Moore wrote: »

If you watched the stream today they gave a very nice explanation about problems in the game and i'm satisfied that they do take it serious and they are listening to the complaints. Have a sweet roll and enjoy the new content when it comes out! ;)

hahahaha couldn't resist. But in all seriousness watch the stream when it comes out for replay and they give an explanation and it was nice to hear them acknowledging the complaints from the community.

do you know how many times theyve said their listening and turn right around and break the issue worse and leave it alone for months? there are bugs that were reported over 2 years ago that are still in the game getting worse every day. do you really think their listening or are they just saying that to shut us up???
  • Hal_Moore
    Hal_Moore
    ✭✭✭

do you know how many times theyve said their listening and turn right around and break the issue worse and leave it alone for months? there are bugs that were reported over 2 years ago that are still in the game getting worse every day. do you really think their listening or are they just saying that to shut us up???

I cannot answer for them but I can give my opinion and i'd say they care a great deal about feedback from the eso community and are taking things very seriously.

The event today was awesome and I'm satisfied by the answers they gave in the live stream. Looking forward to the new content and thankful for all the things they are doing to improve the game and for listening to us.

Been playing the game a few years now and there is nothing out there that compares to ESO.

• Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    cant help but feel dissapointed. The zone looks like a smaller Shadowfen (most boring zone in game imho) and new arena is for 4man group and not for smaller group
    I'll probably pass on that dlc.

Re-ordering characters on login screen, however sounds nice. Also some new housing improvement are nice too! Will we be able just merge furniture in whole rooms in our house to move it as one, i wonder XD
    Edited by Fortunatto on September 1, 2018 6:42AM
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot answer for them but I can give my opinion and i'd say they care a great deal about feedback from the eso community and are taking things very seriously.

The event today was awesome and I'm satisfied by the answers they gave in the live stream. Looking forward to the new content and thankful for all the things they are doing to improve the game and for listening to us.

Been playing the game a few years now and there is nothing out there that compares to ESO.

theres plenty to catch eyes that are coming out and have been out for years diablo 3 has taken my interest off of how pissed i am with the devs in this game. even gonna take a break from eso come october cause of the release of black ops 4. but ive been playing this game for a few years myself and seeing this game in the state it is now when the devs actually fix all the bugs thats when ill believe them. they can sit there on their little stream and answer questions with empty answers but till they give a detailed description of the fixes where we can read them i wont believe a word they say. the words are to the point why believe them now as theyve said them before. theyve lost a ton of faith in people like myself and the vocal minority on here doesnt out weigh the dieing silent majority the numbers are falling cause people are getting sick and tired of the ignoring of issues that have been reported for years. ive lost all hope that zos will ever be a competent gaming company over the years if it wasnt for friends and family on this game i wouldve ditched it long ago for WOW which at least has a handle on the issues it has. this game is far out of control and the devs refuse to reign it in. murkmire is litterally the thing thatll decide if i stay or go if its not gonna fix the game whats the point of sticking around? zos needs to earn back alot of our trust that theyve lost and maybe murkmire will do it maybe it wont but till they release a detailed synopsis of what their gonna do to actually fix this terrible buggy era its gonna be the same as the other years. same song and dance just to shut us up then they release and make the game worse. @ZOS_GinaBruno this is probly the last chance ill give zos if murkmire flops i might just go back to blizzard a company i can trust.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

theres plenty to catch eyes that are coming out and have been out for years diablo 3 has taken my interest off of how pissed i am with the devs in this game. even gonna take a break from eso come october cause of the release of black ops 4. but ive been playing this game for a few years myself and seeing this game in the state it is now when the devs actually fix all the bugs thats when ill believe them. they can sit there on their little stream and answer questions with empty answers but till they give a detailed description of the fixes where we can read them i wont believe a word they say. the words are to the point why believe them now as theyve said them before. theyve lost a ton of faith in people like myself and the vocal minority on here doesnt out weigh the dieing silent majority the numbers are falling cause people are getting sick and tired of the ignoring of issues that have been reported for years. ive lost all hope that zos will ever be a competent gaming company over the years if it wasnt for friends and family on this game i wouldve ditched it long ago for WOW which at least has a handle on the issues it has. this game is far out of control and the devs refuse to reign it in. murkmire is litterally the thing thatll decide if i stay or go if its not gonna fix the game whats the point of sticking around? zos needs to earn back alot of our trust that theyve lost and maybe murkmire will do it maybe it wont but till they release a detailed synopsis of what their gonna do to actually fix this terrible buggy era its gonna be the same as the other years. same song and dance just to shut us up then they release and make the game worse. @ZOS_GinaBruno this is probly the last chance ill give zos if murkmire flops i might just go back to blizzard a company i can trust.

"Last chance" he says. Maybe trim down that wall of words and maybe people will read it. Also, if you're so up in arms about how "bad" ZOS runs their game, then just leave, since nobody is forcing you to be here. But make your own thread if you're gonna quit, mmkay? Don't usurp mine.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on September 1, 2018 8:11AM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many people on these forums act like ZOS are "evil" and only have bad intensions. As if they are downright lousy human beings who only want the worst for their player base. Why do people act like this? ZOS is not some humanitarian organization, they are a business. And I bet they are enthusiastic about their product. They are not the devil. You can disagree and all, but come on, be adults about it.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rahter have them fix the game first but aint gonna happen
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly.. I'm not excited at all.. Its probably the only time i can remember when i'm not hyped for a DLC at all.. Mud huts and Lizards do not really excite me.

I'm sure others will be chuffed but this one thinks meh...

Hated Shadowfen and swamps.. Not looking forward to more.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must all "stay moist" in "the river of humor". :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Honestly.. I'm not excited at all.. Its probably the only time i can remember when i'm not hyped for a DLC at all.. Mud huts and Lizards do not really excite me.

@DanteYoda Don't know if this helps, but they specifically mentioned buildings made out of wood and showed them in the stream. Also they mentioned that all the water will be knee-deep or lower to prevent random dismounts.

(...so everyone on the PTS: remember to roll up the SHORTEST CHARACTERS POSSIBLE so we can test that.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    cant help but feel dissapointed. The zone looks like a smaller Shadowfen (most boring zone in game imho) and new arena is for 4man group and not for smaller group
    I'll probably pass on that dlc.

Re-ordering characters on login screen, however sounds nice. Also some new housing improvement are nice too! Will we be able just merge furniture in whole rooms in our house to move it as one, i wonder XD

What’s the reordering characters ??
    Edited by LordLomax on September 1, 2018 2:17PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one disappointed here? They said Murmire is only as big as Clockwork city. But realistically, it should be more or less Vvardenfell sized. Obviously if the devs say it'll be the size of Clockwork city, they are probably right, but it feels like that's really not all that much.
    Just compare the size on this map and take a look at how large the gold coast is in comparison (which I would say is similar in size to clock work city.
    BdJl0Ca.jpg

Please tell me I got something majorly wrong and Murmire doesn't span from Lilmoth (confirmed location to feature in Murkmire) all the way to Helstrom and from Gideon (confirmed location) to Archon. Hopefully it's just west Black march (which would still be a let down but not as much).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely loved the mount except for the tail. It needs a proper dragon tail. The head looked amazing, tho.

100% agree, liked the head, but the tail is ridiculous. I expected more wamasu style mount
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be excited if they would announce some balance changes. There is much less fun of playing new content if game balance is still broken.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for B(U)RP! :smiley:
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I would be excited if they would announce some balance changes. There is much less fun of playing new content if game balance is still broken.

ESO will be eternally unbalanced, moreso than many other games, because 1) balance a moving target and 2) there are too many pieces you can combine to keep track of (skill lines, gear sets, etc.) while keeping all possible combinations in harmony.

Some race/class/gear spec will always feel underwhelming, others OP, etc. The overland stuff is always simple though so any spec can get through it and enjoy the new theme park, but you have to be willing to farm gear and swap abilities (or even reroll) if you want to compete in the new score-enabled arena.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

ESO will be eternally unbalanced, moreso than many other games, because 1) balance a moving target and 2) there are too many pieces you can combine to keep track of (skill lines, gear sets, etc.) while keeping all possible combinations in harmony.

Some race/class/gear spec will always feel underwhelming, others OP, etc. The overland stuff is always simple though so any spec can get through it and enjoy the new theme park, but you have to be willing to farm gear and swap abilities (or even reroll) if you want to compete in the new score-enabled arena.

Game can be unbalanced or UNBALANCED. Guess which one ESO is in my eyes currently ?

Edited by Juhasow on September 1, 2018 3:29PM