The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Hype Thread

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every single time there is a new update coming I'm more excited about QoL changes than a DLC or a chapter. They should really get a team working only on QoL updates. A lot of things need to be changed such as UI, Group finder, add trial group finder, implement inventory grid view and guild store updates.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I really didn't do much other than run around checking out the scenery (which IMO looks way more like a real swamp than Shadowfen), because I didn't want to spoil things for myself for when it comes on Live and I take my main Argonian there.

Thanks for the information. I am very pleased that it is more like a swamp than Shadowfen.
    Bevik wrote: »
    Every single time there is a new update coming I'm more excited about QoL changes than a DLC or a chapter. They should really get a team working only on QoL updates. A lot of things need to be changed such as UI, Group finder, add trial group finder, implement inventory grid view and guild store updates.

The QoL changes last longer. I am usually very psyched about them. They are like Christmas presents. I can't get enough of them. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really didn't do much other than run around checking out the scenery (which IMO looks way more like a real swamp than Shadowfen), because I didn't want to spoil things for myself for when it comes on Live and I take my main Argonian there.

Thanks for the information. I am very pleased that it is more like a swamp than Shadowfen.
    I'd compare it to the swampy regions of Vvardenfell, West of Balmora, but swampier. In my opinion, anyway.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Stratloc wrote: »
    So many people on these forums act like ZOS are "evil" and only have bad intensions. As if they are downright lousy human beings who only want the worst for their player base. Why do people act like this? ZOS is not some humanitarian organization, they are a business. And I bet they are enthusiastic about their product. They are not the devil. You can disagree and all, but come on, be adults about it.

Actually you answered your own question. Just because Zenimax is a business they don't need to act how THEY do. Why are you giving a Zenimax a pass just because it's a company?

It's the lack of communication that get most people upset. Yes I know why companies don't do this because someone out there will turn those words around into more negative. So they stay quiet. When companies/governments are quiet adults get upset. It's human nature in wanting to know what is going on.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't sadly.

I'm not giving nobody a pass. I'm saying a lot of people on these forums are overreacting to game related stuff and declaring war on devs (which is not really comparable to a government).
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MURKMIRE ?!
    a5e9416ec092303fbd3f2996ca5ab548-d5kbeis.png
    :D
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just watched the guys and gals on twitch and very excited about Update 20. Really looking forward to the pvp changes and murkmire to explore....only downside was the size of the zone was mentioned the same as CWC....just in my view those size of zones are too small.....but hey, will play with what I get given. lol
    Edited by Chaos2088 on September 2, 2018 12:11AM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance we can get any moar info on these music boxes? :smile:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on September 2, 2018 1:50AM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In anticipation of the mire of murk, I took my Argonian out and dusted him off. o:)
    I'd been using him as a healer, and hadn't played him in a while. I discovered he doesn't have any DPS armor any more, only a set of healer garb. :o

Got to fix that before Murkmire drops.
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Am I the only one disappointed here? They said Murmire is only as big as Clockwork city. But realistically, it should be more or less Vvardenfell sized. Obviously if the devs say it'll be the size of Clockwork city, they are probably right, but it feels like that's really not all that much.
    Just compare the size on this map and take a look at how large the gold coast is in comparison (which I would say is similar in size to clock work city.
    BdJl0Ca.jpg

Please tell me I got something majorly wrong and Murmire doesn't span from Lilmoth (confirmed location to feature in Murkmire) all the way to Helstrom and from Gideon (confirmed location) to Archon. Hopefully it's just west Black march (which would still be a let down but not as much).

Murkmire won't be in the Western region below Shadowfen anymore. It now spans Lilmoth to Blackrose in the south. They changed a lot since it first debuted. Hopefully we see Gideon, Helstrom!!, Archon, Thorn, and Soulrest in a future expansion.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    In anticipation of the mire of murk, I took my Argonian out and dusted him off. o:)
    I'd been using him as a healer, and hadn't played him in a while. I discovered he doesn't have any DPS armor any more, only a set of healer garb. :o

Got to fix that before Murkmire drops.

You are supposed to store your spare Argonians in a solution of water and Hist nutrients.

I also recalled my Argonian (currently a healer) from Argonian Storage. Waiting for PTS, but work to do, first.

• DarkMasterJMK
    DarkMasterJMK
    ✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    Absolutely loved the mount except for the tail. It needs a proper dragon tail. The head looked amazing, tho.

100% agree, liked the head, but the tail is ridiculous. I expected more wamasu style mount

I'm sure the mount they showed is just a reskinned bear. But it's just a freeby for ESO+. So, they may be saving some other more interesting reptilian mounts for the crown store. Let's hope they're not just skyfire reptile bears or whatever :/

Have they confirmed the mount being 100% exclusive to ESO+ subscribers yet?

It's ridiculous that they implied that the mount is exclusive to ESO+ in a Twitch stream while joking around and have yet to provide any details for availability anywhere on the official website.
    Edited by DarkMasterJMK on September 3, 2018 6:17AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »

So much this. I can't wait to be able to rearrange my toons! :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire is going to be great content wise. However, has anyone seen or heard anything about QoL stuff coming with this update?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Murkmire is going to be great content wise. However, has anyone seen or heard anything about QoL stuff coming with this update?

1. Character reordering on the character select screen.
    2. Undo and redo for furniture placement
    3. Grouping furniture items so they can all be moved together.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent today getting my only Argonian a new set of armor. He can actually kill stuff now, so yay. He's ready to return to his homeland!
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the mount they showed is just a reskinned bear. But it's just a freeby for ESO+. So, they may be saving some other more interesting reptilian mounts for the crown store. Let's hope they're not just skyfire reptile bears or whatever :/
    Might be a reskinned sabre cat mount, but I won't know unless we see it running. I really hope they didn't chose the bear, with its derpy, bouncy running animation.
    Maybe reptilian mount at full speed will look like this?

tenor.gif

Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 4, 2018 6:08AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Strychnos
    Strychnos
    ✭✭✭

Can confirm! I was at PAX on Friday and definitely got this impression. The grass was very tall (way taller than grass in any other zone I've seen, tall enough to completely hide enemies), and the environment was very lush. From what I saw of Murkmire, it definitely fits how I've imagined deeper Black Marsh to be.
    lvl50 Characters:
    Toxlexel (Argonian Templar PvE Healer, EP)
    Grove-of-Trees-Swaying (Argonian Vampire NB PvE Tank, EP)
    Kazabi-daro (Khajiit DK PvE DPS, AD)- build under renovation
    Iroas Candaalil (Maormer [Dunmer] PvE Sorc DPS, EP, vMA build)- build under renovation
    Trick-of-the-Light(Argonian Warden PvE Healer, EP)
    Characters being leveled:
    Meera-Ei (Argonian DK PvP Tank, EP, Grove's sister)
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one is obviously modeled on the Bear
    SSbcTlF.jpg

This one is obviously a modified Cat
    qn3FA7G.png

It is pretty clear that they are going to create unique reptile versions of existing mount types for Crown Crates
    No the Bear is not free with ESO+. Any Mount that in the Murkmire DLC will be with the Collectors edition (like every DLC) and in the Crown Crates
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a reskinned sabre cat mount, but I won't know unless we see it running. I really hope they didn't chose the bear, with its derpy, bouncy running animation.
    Maybe reptilian mount at full speed will look like this?

tenor.gif

Nice video of an unmounted Argonian in Cyrodiil. :smiley:
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    It is pretty clear that they are going to create unique reptile versions of existing mount types for Crown Crates
    No the Bear is not free with ESO+. Any Mount that in the Murkmire DLC will be with the Collectors edition (like every DLC) and in the Crown Crates
    I dunno ... they both look like they have bear skeletons to me.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting alot of erect spines as we get closer to release
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno ... they both look like they have bear skeletons to me.

No they don't.
    the bottom one has a longer sleeker body skeleton and its head is literally in the shape of Cat head.
    The top one has the belly of a bear, bottom one doesn't. Because it is using a Cat skeleton.

These are not mounts with unique skeletons. They are not a new species of mount like say a Wamasu or a Boar would be.
    They are reptile skins on existing mount skeletons.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they don't.
    the bottom one has a longer sleeker body skeleton and its head is literally in the shape of Cat head.
    The top one has the belly of a bear, bottom one doesn't. Because it is using a Cat skeleton.
    I hope you're right. I'd buy it if it was on a senche skeleton and had an awesome tail.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cat isn't watching? Good.

Let me pick up a pen and erect the spine of writing things

I plan to get away for a while. Feel the cool swamp mud soothing my dry scales as I slowly sink back into myself.

Too much time away in the desert. A lifetime. Last time I saw the swamps I was safely in a shell - think.

The hist calls me home now. The cat can't know I'm going. I'll slip away over the rooftops at midnight, leaving a couple of handbags in my straw bed to make her think I still sleep soundly in the stables by the camels.

I can't tell the orc either. She would cover for me willingly but her face would give her away in a moment. I don't want to make Rosie sad but I need to do this.

So soon there will be nothing but empty handbags, the sound of scaly claws on roof tiles and a hungover cat who will need to find someone else to clean up after the camels.

It's time to get away. Time to begin again. Time for Tim.

Yours with scales
    Spiny Tim
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to get away for a while. Feel the cool swamp mud soothing my dry scales as I slowly sink back into myself.

Too much time away in the desert. A lifetime. Last time I saw the swamps I was safely in a shell - think.

The hist calls me home now. The cat can't know I'm going. I'll slip away over the rooftops at midnight, leaving a couple of handbags in my straw bed to make her think I still sleep soundly in the stables by the camels.

I can't tell the orc either. She would cover for me willingly but her face would give her away in a moment. I don't want to make Rosie sad but I need to do this.

So soon there will be nothing but empty handbags, the sound of scaly claws on roof tiles and a hungover cat who will need to find someone else to clean up after the camels.

Yours with scales
    Spiny Tim

Empty handbags? So disemboweled lizards? Sounds good to me :D

For the skin, Dunmers (and Altmers of course) should get the option to choose to get a pet instead - a slave argonian on a leash/in chains that you can command to do menial tasks.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nooooooo the indrik mount is going to be a crate exclusive. FML
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

Yours with scales
    Spiny Tim

Empty handbags? So disemboweled lizards? Sounds good to me :D

For the skin, Dunmers (and Altmers of course) should get the option to choose to get a pet instead - a slave argonian on a leash/in chains that you can command to do menial tasks.

This is not as funny as you think it is
    Edited by Iccotak on September 4, 2018 1:30PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you excited for? I want that mount, a new murkmire home, to know more about the Naga, and so much more.
    Edited by SirMewser on September 4, 2018 2:20PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you excited for? I want that mount, a new murkmire home, to know more about the Naga, and so much more.

I'm all about getting dismounted in ankle high puddles.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all about getting dismounted in ankle high puddles.

They said it wouldn't happen, but I guess we'll seeeeeee
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC