The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe Gank Build

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    90% of snipers only attack outnumbered players, which allows them to take full advantage of the associated bugs (It is not just the first snipe from stealth). There is often zero counterplay aviable for the target. If someone needs to L2P it's those snipers who rely on numbers AND bugs to get kills.

This right here is what my opening statement was referring too.

I have had sniping and a melee ganking NB's since launch and I have yet to see any "bugs". Most of these can be chalked up to inexperienced players not knowing the game mechanics.

Your observation skills must suck.

The most common bug in my experience is the whole "you are stunned but it looks like a root" animation thing. Your toon doesn't even react, just stays standing upright like nothing happened, that's why you see so many people bashing when they are rooted, cause they immediately assume it's actually a bugged hard CC.

A StamBlade was my first toon also, had great fun snipe ganking and later heavy attack ganking with the magelight empower (RIP stealth empowers). You don't realise how buggy getting hit from stealth is until you've played other toons for a while.

I have never had that happen to me and I have 4 toons in the 35-40 pvp rank. I have played every build for every class except the warden. Havn't taken the time to learn him yet.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be an ***
    Run sloads/sheer venom/valkyns with double poisons.

I run around with only two attacks on both bars
    Not counting toxic barrage

• MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one falling victim to this. As a Sorc who only runs Hardened Ward I'm getting MELTED by these bow builds. Last night outside Ales there were 4 guys spamming people with bows every time they rode by, 0 counter to it. You just die. One of them kept whispering me telling me how bad I sucked and that I was a "sack of potatoes". Talk about a griefing ***hat. Who can survive a 4 man bow spam? I also notice when I get hit, my shield will still be at 9k and my health drops like a stone. Does Focused/Lethal ignore shields cause it's sure ignoring mine? I can't cast Hardened Ward fast enough to keep up with the "pingpingping" bow spammers.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one falling victim to this. As a Sorc who only runs Hardened Ward I'm getting MELTED by these bow builds. Last night outside Ales there were 4 guys spamming people with bows every time they rode by, 0 counter to it. You just die. One of them kept whispering me telling me how bad I sucked and that I was a "sack of potatoes". Talk about a griefing ***hat. Who can survive a 4 man bow spam? I also notice when I get hit, my shield will still be at 9k and my health drops like a stone. Does Focused/Lethal ignore shields cause it's sure ignoring mine? I can't cast Hardened Ward fast enough to keep up with the "pingpingping" bow spammers.

Sounds like some of them used shieldbreaker-set and weaved light attacks between snipes. But even if there was no shieldbreakers involved, spamming shield is not the way to survive against multiple archers focusing you. Here`s three ways how you could get chance to survive (escape):
    1. Roll dodge, bolt escape, roll dodge, bolt escape, then you are either far enough or dead. Dodge roll is the real counter to snipe. Spammin shield can only keep you alive against one sniper, not multiple ones.
    2. If you have not built yourself enough stamina-sustain for using roll-dodge more than once (you should have), then you should have defensive-ultimate on your back-bar that also heals you, resto-ulti or reviving barrier, both can give some time to get shield-stack up and blink away.
    3.Carry invisibility & speed-potions, those are real life-savers in pvp.

Real problem with snipe is that it can sometimes somehow hit without its audio cue, then there`s no chance for counter-play, and that`s what this thread is about. Hope zos can fix those issues rather soon.
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »

Sounds like some of them used shieldbreaker-set and weaved light attacks between snipes. But even if there was no shieldbreakers involved, spamming shield is not the way to survive against multiple archers focusing you. Here`s three ways how you could get chance to survive (escape):
    1. Roll dodge, bolt escape, roll dodge, bolt escape, then you are either far enough or dead. Dodge roll is the real counter to snipe. Spammin shield can only keep you alive against one sniper, not multiple ones.
    2. If you have not built yourself enough stamina-sustain for using roll-dodge more than once (you should have), then you should have defensive-ultimate on your back-bar that also heals you, resto-ulti or reviving barrier, both can give some time to get shield-stack up and blink away.

Real problem with snipe is that it can sometimes somehow hit without its audio cue, then there`s no chance for counter-play, and that`s what this thread is about. Hope zos can fix those issues rather soon.

I use all that, the issue is when they are coordinating, you don't have time to use any of it. You're just dead. Streak doesn't have a very long range, snipe/lethal easily out-ranges you. I have enough for about 3 dodge rolls (about 12k stam) but I get hit as much using dodge roll as I do using Streak, PLUS after you dodge roll there's a delay before you can shield cast again so you're a sitting duck either way.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Iki wrote: »

I use all that, the issue is when they are coordinating, you don't have time to use any of it. You're just dead. Streak doesn't have a very long range, snipe/lethal easily out-ranges you. I have enough for about 3 dodge rolls (about 12k stam) but I get hit as much using dodge roll as I do using Streak, PLUS after you dodge roll there's a delay before you can shield cast again so you're a sitting duck either way.

Yeah, you are right. If multiple snipers or any attackers make coordinated attack to you, you die. Just respawn and travel different route then. When I read your post and then typed mine, I didn`t know how competent you were and no idea about your build, so I just decided to offer some basic tips to help deal with snipers, just in case you weren`t aware of those. But if multiple snipes hit at same time, most ppl drop dead. Those counter-actions only help if you actually have time to react before getting hit. Btw, try to use shield before you roll dodge, so that you ani cancel shield with dodge, there is indeed delay after rolling before you can use abilities and that`s why you should use shield first, then roll.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selestrix
    Icing on the cake :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    Folks alone on horses,on maps or mounted on a resource/oupost or outside a keep.Not shielded or being healed or unstealthed.

Basically you switch off,

I'm havin ya.
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    The snipe bug is so common, at least on Xbox, that there's no normal play.

I consider snipe to be the ultimate burst ability in game now.

Can easily stack 10s of 1000s of damage. There is no non burst bow combo lol

And I'm starting to think it's intended based on ZoS silence

The snipers are so out of control on Xbox. They are the DPS of choice right now followed by mag sorc. Which is bad because players are just outnumbering you and killing you with ranged abilities and executes. Snipe really just needs to be removed all together. The cast time isn't even really a negative for the ability because snipers just cast it when you are fighting someone else.

So abilities should be removed based on how dangerous they are in Xv1?

I've got a list of things that should be "removed" first then:
    Fury
    Curse
    Flame Reach
    Incap
    DBOS
    Spin2Win
    POTL/Purifying Light
    Jbeam

...all of these are more dangerous to someone who is outnumbered than Snipe can ever be, and that's just a list of offensive abilities (things like healbots spamming Honor the Dead/Healing Ward on people you try to kill can be much more devastating).

I get the complaints about bugs & desyncs (I've had those happen to me as well) but let's not pretend someone using a dodgeable/blockable cast time ability that hits maybe 8k at most on vast majority of builds is a problem by itself.

In fact, in many scenarios bow burst needs buffs, not nerfs - which you can find out by actually playing a bow build and trying to do something challenging with it (like 1vX or even 1v1 duels).

It's not the "walk in the park" advertised by people who have never played a bow build.

Most of those abilities aren't anywhere close to snipe in Xv1 ability. Incap and dbos are both ultimates and can't be spammed, flame reach can only CC every 7 seconds and does minimum damage I will often take a CC from flame reach so I can't be hard CC'd from a stronger CC. Jesus beam only does real damage when in execute range. As for curse and fury they are pretty bad as well and that's the reason why you see so many sorcs and snipers in cyrodiil. Players just like to use Xv1 abilities.

Healbots are bad as well and I've had multiple comments on these forums on how to fix it. So if you play a Magicka character with only one damage shield what are you suppose to do when you have a sniper hitting you with 10k Snipes taking down your whole damage shield while you fight one or two other players than as soon as you decide to focus the sniper he runs away and then start spamming snipe as soon as you go back to fighting the other players.

The thing about snipe is it's impossible to win with it 1v1 unless the player your are fighting lags out. there is no reason you can't remove snipe and give bow a real spammable with damage similar to force pulse. But a move that's only useful in Xv1 situations is horrible game design. Bow builds are a walk in the park for zerging people down and are completely useless at anything else. No one is going to get hit from 30 meters away with a projectile with a cast time unless they lag out.

Its not impossible to win duels with Snipe. Its just not a very good skill for duels most of the time. Provided you don't have massive lag you can keep forcing dodges until the opponent runs out of stam or decides to eat the damage in order to stay offensive. You need to run very high sustain though.

I feel Snipe wasn't as bad in duels before bleeds were buffed and Steel Tornado became undodgeable. It was still not good though, just not impossible. In any event I don't disagree that a change would be welcomed.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..