The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Jumping should cost stamina!!!

• Thoradeldo
    Thoradeldo
    ✭✭✭
    I think jumping should cost 10k magicka, so that way players rarely jump... lol imao
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think jumping should cost 10k magicka, so that way players rarely jump... lol imao

He must be a magika user otherwise he wouldn't be asking for a HUGE stamina cost.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about swimming? I wanna see people drowned.

Buff argonian passive then, at skyrim argonians could breathe underwater
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sw01k0.jpg
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stam cost for jumping. I do not believe any change is required in this area at all. If for some reason we had to make a change I would rather them cancel the cast or the block if you jump.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they add the stamina cost for jumping then walking should cost stamina, default running should cost stamina, swimming should cost stamina and everything else physical should cost stamina. Also realistic diseases and wounds that affect yours performance would be really nice too.

Oh and having to drink and eat to avoid starving should be a thing.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
    Options
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    These types of threads are getting so old... They all boil down to the same sentiment:

"I don't like this (insert complaint here) so please game developer take it away for those that do" ... just pathetic
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
    Options
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping should cost stamina many players do nothing but jump with no cost. Is there a reason jumping has no stam cost? I'd like to know.

Why stop there. I vote that all characters who aren't undead must mow have a permanent stamina cost for breathing.
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol i agree, this might cut down on all the "people" that constantly jump all over as if it actually helps them in any way :neutral:
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    lol i agree, this might cut down on all the "people" that constantly jump all over as if it actually helps them in any way :neutral:
    It's not a disadvantage or advantage. lol.

People are literally so annoyed of people jumping around that they want it to cost stamina.

How about we focus on finding balancing issues, eh?

Not to mention every time something is "fixed" that don't need touching, it will break a balance somehow like "it costs too much stamina...no it costs not nearly as much" and then ZOS has to work on finding a way to "decrease the cost of jumping" sets and passives.

Like please stop trying to "fix" things that aren't broken.

All because some people are annoyed of it. smdh
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on August 31, 2018 7:45PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Valrien
      Valrien
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I wish all these people with aim issues knew how to press Tab
      Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
      Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
      Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
      Options
    • JJBoomer
      JJBoomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      this is the most ridiculous and invalid request i think i've ever seen on this forum. more ridiculous than any nerf post ever made.

"people are having fun, so nerf the fun part!" people like this should not be allowed to play video games lol.
      Edited by JJBoomer on August 31, 2018 8:30PM
      Options
    • scipionumatia
      scipionumatia
      ✭✭✭✭
      keevil111 wrote: »
      #Buffjuststandingthere

they have meditate and templars got rite of passage tho
      Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
      Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
      Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
      Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
      Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
      Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
      Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
      Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
      Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
      Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
      Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
      Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
      Options
    • Danksta
      Danksta
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This is just stupid.

free speech is not stupid!
      we are asking zenimax for help.
      for me and many others watching people jumping during a fight with them in PvP is just taunting and irritating and disturbing, and completely removes the idea that we are fighting and makes it feel like we are just being taunted and laughed at especially people that seem to take no damage. just jumping and jumping and jumping, no real fight happening.
      destroys the immersion.

Zenimax, please make jumping have a High Stamina Cost.
      Making it so we can only jump 2 times and it will Empty out our stamina Pool.
      please make it so they cannot do this during pvp.

Shouldn't it proc Tremorscale then. :trollface:
      BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is just stupid.

free speech is not stupid!
      we are asking zenimax for help.
      for me and many others watching people jumping during a fight with them in PvP is just taunting and irritating and disturbing, and completely removes the idea that we are fighting and makes it feel like we are just being taunted and laughed at especially people that seem to take no damage. just jumping and jumping and jumping, no real fight happening.
      destroys the immersion.

Zenimax, please make jumping have a High Stamina Cost.
      Making it so we can only jump 2 times and it will Empty out our stamina Pool.
      please make it so they cannot do this during pvp.

No it's not.I just happen to think the idea is.
      Options
    • Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JJBoomer wrote: »
      this is the most ridiculous and invalid request i think i've ever seen on this forum. more ridiculous than any nerf post ever made.

"people are having fun, so nerf the fun part!" people like this should not be allowed to play video games lol.

Didn't you know? If you don't play like they want you shouldn't be allowed to play. Reminds me of when I was a kid and that friend of yours wants to play cops and robbers and complains because you aren't playing the way he wants.
      There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
      -Hemingway
      Options
    • Lieblingsjunge
      Lieblingsjunge
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It shouldn't cost anything. If you jump and you get knockbacked mid-air, you already fly longer than if you didn't jump. You don't gain anything by jumping so you shouldn't lose anything on it either.
      Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
      PC - EU.
      Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
      Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
      Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
      Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
      Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
      The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
      Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
      Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
      Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
      My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
      Options
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tirps wrote: »
      If they add the stamina cost for jumping then walking should cost stamina, default running should cost stamina, swimming should cost stamina and everything else physical should cost stamina. Also realistic diseases and wounds that affect yours performance would be really nice too.

Oh and having to drink and eat to avoid starving should be a thing.

if this were to even be considered we would need to be able to walk over basic objects too.
      Options
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      giphy.gif

Diamond Dave had enough stamina to do a do a whole song.
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
      Options
    • Kanar
      Kanar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To keep it fair it should cost magicka if your magicka pool is higher.
      Options
    • BigBragg
      BigBragg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Turning should cost stamina. Many players turn for no reason.
      Options
    • Soleya
      Soleya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A much better solution would be you lose momentum when jumping, so if you keep bunny hopping you'll end up in one place doing it. Lots of FPS games do this to keep people from hopping around, and because frankly it's more realistic.
      Options
    • brandonv516
      brandonv516
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Jumping could cost stamina during combat.

Alternatively jumping could make the person set off-balance for 2-3s during combat.

Or jumping could add a Minor Fatigue debuff during combat slowing the person down by 15%.

Should any of these be implemented? It's a matter of opinion but I feel some testing should take place.

What should be fixed?

Minor terrain snags preventing players from walking over them.
      Edited by brandonv516 on August 31, 2018 9:48PM
      Options
    • Ragebull
      Ragebull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only cheese ball brothas jump
      Options
    • ZOS_GregoryV
      Greetings,

As this thread is simply to troll, we have decided to go ahead and close it.

Thank you for your understanding,
      -Greg-
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Options
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.