Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disappearing world objects *still* not fixed

jknight201
jknight201
✭✭✭
I just applied the latest PTS update, loaded it up to look at the changes, headed toward the wayshrine and … spent a few minutes wandering around Rawl with nothing but the terrain rendering before giving up in frustration.

Can we please get this game-breaking bug fixed and not just "fixed"? This bug has been around since Summerset and despite a "fix" or two, it's only gotten worse and spread outside the few areas where it appeared in the Summerset release.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of system are you using? Have you changed your user setting? What setting do you play game on?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Brian Wheeler addressed this... although he was responding to comments about Keep walls, I think it's part of the overall 'assets' disappearing. However, I have not experienced this lately, and it was a problem I was finding constantly- with walls, buildings, including the entire town of Vulkhel Guard disappearing. So whatever they did was a huge improvement, hopefully they are able to narrow it down and eliminate it completely.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a problem since Summerset came out. But with every "fix", it simply spread to other areas. Originally, it was only a problem in Artaeum and a couple places in Summerset. Now it can happen in any zone and happens fairly frequently in delves, dungeons and trials.

To respond to the other posters:

Tasear: I run a workstation configuration; graphics on the High default. And no, this is some breakage in the game engine; don't try to blame the user.

ADarklore: I'm just going to disagree. It has progressively gotten worse since Summerset. Where in the Summerset release it was limited to a few places in the new content, now it can (and frequently does) happen anywhere. I do not have confidence they will narrow it down and fix it. Like they did with the vMOL crash bugs, oh wait... Well, more like the sprint bug, oh wait... Ok, maybe more like they did with the Staff channel heavy attack bug, oh wait... Yeah.

I did see Wheeler's thread and all I have to say is: maybe try actually testing major game engine changes before, you know, rolling it out and making all of us test it for you? And before you go off, yes this problem was reported early in the Summerset PTS beta cycle.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jknight201 wrote: »
    This has been a problem since Summerset came out. But with every "fix", it simply spread to other areas. Originally, it was only a problem in Artaeum and a couple places in Summerset. Now it can happen in any zone and happens fairly frequently in delves, dungeons and trials.

To respond to the other posters:

Tasear: I run a workstation configuration; graphics on the High default. And no, this is some breakage in the game engine; don't try to blame the user.

ADarklore: I'm just going to disagree. It has progressively gotten worse since Summerset. Where in the Summerset release it was limited to a few places in the new content, now it can (and frequently does) happen anywhere. I do not have confidence they will narrow it down and fix it. Like they did with the vMOL crash bugs, oh wait... Well, more like the sprint bug, oh wait... Ok, maybe more like they did with the Staff channel heavy attack bug, oh wait... Yeah.

I did see Wheeler's thread and all I have to say is: maybe try actually testing major game engine changes before, you know, rolling it out and making all of us test it for you? And before you go off, yes this problem was reported early in the Summerset PTS beta cycle.

Well in my own case I have to disagree... because I've been playing this game 10-12 hours three to four days per week and currently leveling a new character and visiting every zone/delve and have yet to have any more wall disappearing issues in the past two to three weeks. Previously, I would encounter this daily, no matter what zone I was in, so I have personally seen a HUGE improvement with the content I've been running. I'm sure there are still problems, but have you noticed the number of players reporting it or discussing it have dropped substantially in the past month? There is a reason for that.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's response is: "We plan on addressing this in our next major update."

:trollface:
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    What kind of system are you using? Have you changed your user setting? What setting do you play game on?

nice to see the class reps echoing the ZOS mantra of "it's your fault, not ours".
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

nice to see the class reps echoing the ZOS mantra of "it's your fault, not ours".

Honestly, it's much easier to just blame the user than actually fix the problem. Case-in-point: MOL crashing. Last I heard it was because of our add-ons. Oh, wait, no it's because our audio drivers aren't up to date. Hold on, maybe the video drivers need to be updated. Couldn't possibly be the game...

So it's great that ADarklor hasn't seen the problem, or says he hasn't seen the problem. But in the world of ESO, just because people stop complaining doesn't mean the problem has been solved. Most people just get tired of bringing up the same problems time after time when they never get solved. And this one is definitely not solved.

I suppose we'll be seeing the "next major update" in a few weeks on PTS but given how many bugs were introduced in Summerset, and then added-to (and not fixed) in Wolf Hunter, I'm not exactly holding my breath.