Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Race Illusion 'Polymorph'

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will finally be able to play magicka dd without being bullied, yes?

This is being suggested for that exact reason.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this would be not only Lore friendly, but Game friendly, as Raz himself uses it no less than twice in the main AD story line. Once, he even gives you an "earring" that he was using to appear elven (I believe it's elven) and later he appears as the Queen - so gender isn't even an issue.

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Actually, this would be not only Lore friendly, but Game friendly, as Raz himself uses it no less than twice in the main AD story line. Once, he even gives you an "earring" that he was using to appear elven (I believe it's elven) and later he appears as the Queen - so gender isn't even an issue.

The only reason I didnt suggest gender illusions + race illusions is because names are not universal. However, I am sure RPers and other players may not mind, or, maybe they would even prefer it.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a better solution would be to get rid of the current racial passives and let us choose from some form of the current ones ourselves (some kind of points to spend similar to cp).

Would much prefer if the racial passives were more QoL and flavour stuff like swim speed, pickpocket chance etc. Having to play Redguard for the best damage is annoying

EDIT: Hiding vampirism should be a free option under appearance, imo
    Edited by PapaWeeb on August 20, 2018 11:09AM
    PC EU
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »
    Seems like a better solution would be to get rid of the current racial passives and let us choose from some form of the current ones ourselves (some kind of points to spend similar to cp).

Would much prefer if the racial passives were more QoL and flavour stuff like swim speed, pickpocket chance etc. Having to play Redguard for the best damage is annoying

EDIT: Hiding vampirism should be a free option under appearance, imo

Racial passives are a foundation of ESO though, I personally dont want to see it change. But I do want to see a bridge, which can be done utilizing Illusion. Also, hiding vampirism from NPCs (and players) should fall into illusion as well. Unfortunately, the easiest way to implement this would be through crowns, and not an actual skill tree, hence the suggestion.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Werewolf being viable now, Id really love to play one. But I am not interested in looking like a Red Guard.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few unnecessary comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

can we get a official on if this would be a good idea to you guys though? seriously if i could supress that ugly vein look on a couple toons id be happy. orcs look fugly with that vampire skin man.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few unnecessary comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

can we get a official on if this would be a good idea to you guys though? seriously if i could supress that ugly vein look on a couple toons id be happy. orcs look fugly with that vampire skin man.

Id honestly be happy if they just acknowledged that they saw the suggestion. I am not sure it has caught their attention yet.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not knocking the idea OP has presented. However it would be significantly more costly than any other polymorph due to ten customer features OP is desiring.

While the complexity of it compared to other polymorphs would be the hurdle to creating it that same complexity would more than double if not quadruple the price OP suggests.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about you just play the race you picked when you had the option to create a character? And how about if you're a vampire, you own looking like one?

• KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Mask of Deception!!!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [/list]YES

Kajiiht is less powerful than altmer for magsorc when you plan to do engame, you can but it's not the best option. I love your idea.

Edited by Apherius on August 22, 2018 8:45PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this should extended to classes, too. I play a Templar but I wanna look like a Nightblade

:trollface:
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be a tricky suggestion to the crown store.

Just like how, currently, you can somewhat disguise ur weapon as another weapon.

I been runnin' a maul for a while now, but I've had it disguised as a sword via the outfitter system. That is for no other reason other than I prefer wielding a blade in combat, but I feel that the maul works better for some builds. I honestly believe that nobody has any idea that the weapon is disguised
    Edited by Finviuswe on August 22, 2018 8:49PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, but I'm against this being a cash shop feature. Ideally, we'd get a new weapon line called "illusion staves" where a passive would unlock this, among other things.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not knocking the idea OP has presented. However it would be significantly more costly than any other polymorph due to ten customer features OP is desiring.

While the complexity of it compared to other polymorphs would be the hurdle to creating it that same complexity would more than double if not quadruple the price OP suggests.

The visuals are not that complex and are embedded into the hero's profile. If you have ever purchased a race change token you would be able to see what I am talking about.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, but I'm against this being a cash shop feature. Ideally, we'd get a new weapon line called "illusion staves" where a passive would unlock this, among other things.

As most polymorphs are crown based, it is suggested that this would also be bought for a premium.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goblin
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Just be the race you want to be. Magicka khajiits are welcome in my guild and in 90% of content.
    “the best race in stats is Redguard/Imperial/Whatever but I don’t want to look like that” ugh whatever.

Either play what you like for looks or play what you like for stats.

You have to make a choice. Evaluate your priorities and stick to you conviction.

You can be a Redguard that looks like a Nord, you can be an Imperial that looks like a Bosmer etc. It’s possible to do some interesting things in character creation you just need imagination.

So no thanks.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    And let this polymorph would also change racial passives.
    No joke.
    Irylia wrote: »
    Goblin
    It is already here and for free
    Edited by SilverWF on August 23, 2018 9:36PM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    No thanks. Just be the race you want to be. Magicka khajiits are welcome in my guild and in 90% of content.
    “the best race in stats is Redguard/Imperial/Whatever but I don’t want to look like that” ugh whatever.

You have to make a choice. Evaluate your priorities and stick to you conviction.

You can be a Redguard that looks like a Nord, you can be an Imperial that looks like a Bosmer etc. It’s possible to do some interesting things in character creation you just need imagination.

So no thanks.

In PvP Race greatly matters.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So no thanks.

In PvP Race greatly matters.

So you’ve chosen your priorities. The stats matter most. That’s the choice. Can’t have all the things all the time. One can have all the things some of the time, this is not one of those times.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you’ve chosen your priorities. The stats matter most. That’s the choice. Can’t have all the things all the time. One can have all the things some of the time, this is not one of those times.
    Obviously. But thats why I submitted this suggestion.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about just being able to buy a token to change the racial passives after making a character. or having a seperate race change token that only changes the racial appearance permanently (unless you buy another change token). or another version of "any race any alliance"- "any race any racial passives"
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People want everything without any downsides.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Added Benefits:
    This illusion successfully suppresses vampire visuals.

No, it shouldn't suppress the vampire visuals. If we can do that, then anyone with Mage Light or what ever the spell is called should cancel the effect IMIDEATELY for an hour or so then. We need to keep the good with the bad. We can't have benefits without having the negatives.

If we have this, I say go one more. Why not do what Rasum'dan can do. Why not change our look completely? Let's be an Argoinian and can look like a Redguard for example. Mage Light would be able to cancel it as well.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    At the cost of spending RL money, yup.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then just race change

Edit:
    This whole polymorph thing will make people more paranoid and it will make you waste money for nothing since people might check your race anyways.
    Edited by Facefister on October 22, 2018 12:10AM
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then just race change

Edit:
    This whole polymorph thing will make people more paranoid and it will make you waste money for nothing since people might check your race anyways.

Youre missing the point.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not missing the point.
    -You want to be a vampire without the downside of being a vampire
    -You want to play a certain race for a certain role without looking like said race
    -OR, you want to look like that race because your current race isn't as effective for your role
    Did I miss something out?

Instead of wishing for senseless money grab, you should've suggested a ingame barber.
    Edited by Facefister on October 22, 2018 12:30AM