Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STATUE OF MOLAG BAL DOESNT FIT BASE?

NineIsles
NineIsles
Has anyone else had this problem? The holes in the bottom of the feet don't match up to their respective pillars in the base. This is really frustrating, do they move or something? I don't want to break it.

EDIT: ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
Ok guys, if Molag Bal is broken or if you're having any issues with him, please email customerservice@gamingheads.com and they'll be able to help you!
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Mine wont fit either, Not impressed.
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    So it's not just mine then? I find this pretty appalling considering I've paid 90 pound and I get a statue that doesn't fit.
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Nope not just you, Mine clearly wont fit, But I don't want to force it. I paid 90 Pounds for mine as well. Seeing as the statue and the art book were the only reasons I bought the collectors edition. I'm very angry.
    Edited by wallace90b16_ESO on April 4, 2014 11:39AM
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    Mine doesn't fit either, and I saw people saying the same thing elsewhere (like Reddit).

Not only that but mine came with part of the guy who Molag bal is holding snapped off :(

I was so excited when the courier handed the box to me 20 minutes ago, but now i'm left feeling a bit foolish after paying £90 (US$150). I could have just bought the digital version with a discount for 1/3 of the price.
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Yeah the box and everything looks sick, everything else is fine! I love the book and map, it's just the statue that's the problem.

As for yours being snapped, that sucks bro. I'm sure you can get that replaced though.
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    I've look on Reddit, apparently a lot of people have this issue. Not really sure what to do.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry guys... Send a email to Zenimax I'm sure they'll apologize and release a patch for the statue.
  • redcomgeolieb17_ESO
    redcomgeolieb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    my holes in the bottom of the feet didn't match up to their respective pillars in the base either, but little bending and they went into place quite nicely :)
    If you immediately know that candle light is fire, the meal was cooked long time ago.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Sounds like Molag Bal just doesn't want to be contained, huh? We'll look into this for you, and let you know what your options are. Stand by!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Yeah I've just fixed mine - You really need to force it in, I was really scared of breaking it.
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Yeah I've just fixed mine - You really need to force it in, I was really scared of breaking it.

I'll try it, I dont want to break it :/
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Put the bottom leg in first, then sort of push down and forward on the top leg and make it slide down into the pillar along the base of the foot.
    Edited by NineIsles on April 4, 2014 11:52AM
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Put the bottom leg in first, then sort of push down and forward on the top leg and make it slide down into the pillar along the base of the foot.

Just did it, got mine to fit, Bit of a squeeze. But it seems pretty secure. Thanks for the help.
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    Right, i'm going to give this a go.... and if it goes horribly wrong i'll know who to blame :wink:
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Right, i'm going to give this a go.... and if it goes horribly wrong i'll know who to blame :wink:

Push the bottom foot in first, Then push down on the left leg/foot to get it in the pin.
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Hope you don't break it :D
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    Result!. ta for the help :)

Now I just need to buy some glue....
  • NeoGriz
    NeoGriz
    ✭✭✭
    The front pillar snapped off as soon as I put in both legs due to the strain on the front leg :/ payed €100,- for the CE... this is really unacceptable.

A pinch of this ... a dash of that ... give it a shake-
    - Jester King Emeric
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Ouch, they should have made the gap a lot smaller to be honest.
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    I have a feeling that sales of glue are going to rocket over the next few days...
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep had to force mine to get it to fit. The parts of the statue don't seem very well put together either, there's a gap of about 2mm in the join of one of the arms, and the join around the skirt and jaw both have gaps too. Very cheap, can I get a replacement (better built) one?

Thanks
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Tedric
    Tedric
    It's just cheap chinese made garbage couldn't get it to fit either at first, the holes in his feet aren't drilled out properly but managed to carefully push him onto it eventually
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Wow. I debated and debated about buying this. But then pre ordered the standard game for £24 and may add on the imperial pack. I would be really hacked off if I spent £90 as I've seen other pics on other forums too. Screams cash grab to me.
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    Yeah it's quite cheaply made, but just gotta get on with it I suppose, nothing we can really do.
  • Lynt
    Lynt
    Just picked mine up and noticed the same problem, it has almost an inch gap between the raised foot and hole once the other peg is lined up. If I try to force it I can hear the whole thing creaking, not going to happen.
    Be nice to know what my options are.
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Mine doesn't fit either. I'm not going to force it, because if it breaks, no one is going to refund me...So, what is the solution ZOS? :/
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wont get mine till tomorrow. this makes me afraid D=
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    If you push the legs in a bit you can get them in the pins.

On the bright side, the art book is simply stunning, as is the steelbook case.
    Edited by wallace90b16_ESO on April 4, 2014 1:00PM
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    And if it breaks due to pressure? :/
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    RunAway wrote: »
    And if it breaks due to pressure? :/

Just don't use too much pressure. It's easy enough to get it to fit.
    Edited by wallace90b16_ESO on April 4, 2014 1:01PM