The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

STATUE OF MOLAG BAL DOESNT FIT BASE?

• MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Once it is in the pegs, does it come out...like will they unexpectantly unlodge? I'm getting mine later today, and I am getting nervous. What kind of glue is everyone using, in case the statue breaks? This will be my first statue.
    Edited by MistryssNite on April 4, 2014 5:33PM
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Booshy
    Booshy
    ✭✭✭
    Mine fit in the base but I can't get the tail in.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Once it is in the pegs, does it come out...like will they unexpectantly unlodge? I'm getting mine later today, and I am getting nervous. What kind of glue is everyone using, in case the statue breaks? This will be my first statue.

Hello, mine finally showed up due to some weather delays. Everything lined up on mine. Don't worry about it becoming dislodged you really have to press hard to get it seated fully in the pegs. Just take your time and make sure your pushing and pressing in spots where nothing will break. The tail was fairly snug also.

Only complaint I guess is the base isn't completely flat and it rocks a little.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atleast you guys got your orders. psh.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »
    Soloeus wrote: »
    Well mine should be here shortly. Guess I'll see what the rep says about it since they see theres an issue. Geez don't they test this stuff to see if everything fits okay before they charge off and make it.

Its called Quality Control...

It is called "Private Market" without regulation at its best. They probably have a fine print (devil in the details) that you agree to waive them any liability due to any imperfections in the product, including but not limited to, damage.

Which if you are in the EU, and I am presuming most here are UK is absolute nonsense. Why do people say this stuff?

We have the best consumer rights in the whole world. Any t&c's like that would be deemed null and void, you can't sign away your consumer rights. Under the unfair consumer contracts directive.

We have that, we have EU legislation. We have the distance selling regulations.

That's your first point of call for online goods, with software DSR'S can be used if the software itself is sealed. Apart from that your rights to cancel the contract are unconditional. You have from when you placed your order until 7 working days after receipts.

If you have unsealed the software you can't return under the DSR'S you can however claim for a refund/repair/replacement under the sales of good act and reject the goods if any part of the package arrives damage, faulty, or substandard.

All of the rights you have from whatever RETAILER you purchased from, so Game. These rights do not apply to the manufacturer.

If you expect the manufacturer to sort it, you are bound by the terms of their warranty.

It's people sucking things up, being fobbed off and just accepting duff goods which causes this kind of miss information.

At £90 if people are receiving damaged goods. I would be cancelling under the DSR's with game. If they really want a refund as they are unhappy with the quality. If however they have opened the software, I'd be pushing for a replacement statue.

TL;DR

Zenimax aren't the retailer here, so your actual rights if people want a remedy are with the retailer. In the UK at least and if they can use the DSR's time is of the essence.
    First person on this forum I've seen who actually knows something about consumer rights - the amount of times I resist the urge to flame post when people say 'it's in the contract'...
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    My statue's leg completely fell off at the knee! And the pegs for the feet don't line up without bending (probably what caused the leg to fall off). One of the arms/shoulders looks like it's becoming detached also.

Added to the problems with the statue.. the cardboard presentation tray that held the book in place inside the box was all ripped along one end (that's inside the box.. and no damage apparent from the outside!).. it's kind of like they threw the book in and forced it into it's slot, thus tearing the box.

Yeah, so picking faults with the packaging is a bit an@l.. but as other have said, when I'm splashing the better part of £100 I have some expectation of a reasonable amount of quality!
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • NineIsles
    NineIsles
    otomodachi wrote: »
    @nathanwilsonbusinessb16_ESO Would you be up for editing your first post to include Gina's info above? there's always a few that read three posts then comment, it'd cut down on that. :)
    Ok guys, if Molag Bal is broken or if you're having any issues with him, please email customerservice@gamingheads.com and they'll be able to help you!

Yeah just got in from work and changed it straight away.

• Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Surely with the amount of problems it seems there are with these statues they,.. either Zenimax or these @gamingheads people (if they're the manufacturer) should be making some kind of official statement about the issues?

I remember Trion Worlds having issues with a USB drive in their collectors edition of Rift when it launched, they quickly jumped all over it, and offered replacements and/or additional free game time.
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Swampster wrote: »
    Surely with the amount of problems it seems there are with these statues they,.. either Zenimax or these @gamingheads people (if they're the manufacturer) should be making some kind of official statement about the issues?

I remember Trion Worlds having issues with a USB drive in their collectors edition of Rift when it launched, they quickly jumped all over it, and offered replacements and/or additional free game time.
    Yes, Trion sent out a replacement USB drive plus an in-game pet and a complete set of weapon runestones, don't remember if they also included any game time, but they were indeed very quick to resolve the issue and kept players fairly well informed.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I got a month's free game time as I declined the replacement USB stick, you basically had the choice. Plus yeah all those extra in game items..
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had similar issues with some replicas from QMx. Incredibly crappy build quality with clearly visible defects, and they refused to do anything to correct it other than to tell me to return the item to the vendor if I didn't like it.

I'm seeing lots of reports all over the interwebs about the poor quality of the statue in the IE. Between all of the issues with Amazon (bad pre-order codes, over selling the IE), the botched early access, and now the statues, this is turning out to be a nightmare for ZOS/Bethesda.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    Valethar wrote: »
    I had similar issues with some replicas from QMx. Incredibly crappy build quality with clearly visible defects, and they refused to do anything to correct it other than to tell me to return the item to the vendor if I didn't like it.

I'm seeing lots of reports all over the interwebs about the poor quality of the statue in the IE. Between all of the issues with Amazon (bad pre-order codes, over selling the IE), the botched early access, and now the statues, this is turning out to be a nightmare for ZOS/Bethesda.

And not just the statue. Poor packaging on the assembly line led to ripped/torn cardboard to support/protect the book causing the book to be damaged, too.

I've already been informing friends/internet friends to cancel their console pre-orders of the Imperial Edition until Bethesda/ZOS start to do something about this.
    Edited by xhunter on April 4, 2014 10:09PM
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody hear anything back from these gamingheads guys?
  • Atratus
    Atratus
    I ordered my physical imp edition from gamestop here in the states. The packaging was fine, but the statue was broken. The arm that holds the mortal was broken off at the elbow, and the tail piece that is supposed to fasten to the back was broken off. Disappointed.
    Edited by Atratus on April 5, 2014 3:44PM
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Atratus wrote: »
    I ordered my physical imp edition from gamestop here in the states. The packaging was fine, but the statue was broken. The arm that holds the mortal was broken off at the elbow, and the tail piece that is supposed to fasten to the back was broken off. Disappointed.

So did you e-mail these gaming heads guys? If you guys aren't doing that well then nothing is going to happen to get these statues replaced...
  • meinke.jb16_ESO
    I ordered my CE at our local gamestop, too (Germany) and the mace of the statue is broken. They told me to contact Zenimax/Bethesda because they can't exchange it. Today I recieved an email from the support which said that gamestop has to replace it. So I went there again just to hear that they'll contact their bosses but they don't even want to take the CE back if they can't find any other solution (although I didn't even use the codes or opened anything else)!

Anyway, I wrote gaminghead an email (with a photo and the proof of purchase) and just got this answer:
    "Hi Judith,

Sorry to see that. Can you see if you can use some super glue to reattached the Mace, it should attach without issue.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com"

Sorry, but are you kidding me? I paid 110€ for that and I have to glue it? Bad joke.
    I just hope to get any information from gamestop on monday...Nice that I will not be able to keep on playing since I can't redeem the code without losing the possibility to get my money back (I even doubt that..).

Just hope you guys have more luck with getting an new one.

Please excuse any mistakes/my bad English, I'm from Germany.
    Edited by meinke.jb16_ESO on April 5, 2014 7:28PM
  • FlameStar
    FlameStar
    ✭✭✭
    The joints were bit stiff on mine, and I had initial trouble to work out whether I was even slotting it in right... but with a tiny bit of pressure on one leg mine snuggly slotted in together. Doubt I would be able to undo-do though as it's a very tight fit.
    Edited by FlameStar on April 5, 2014 7:30PM
  • Igax
    Igax
    My statue was broke. I sent an email that someone shared in another responce. I think it is the makers of this thing. Their response.... Use superglue to fix it. WTF. I am not done emailing them over this.
  • meinke.jb16_ESO
    Please tell us whether you are achieving anything with your emails. I did not answer it because I still hope to get a replacement from Gamestop.
  • NeoGriz
    NeoGriz
    ✭✭✭
    I have sent an e-mail to the people at Gamingheads last Friday and have yet to receive any form of response.
    A pinch of this ... a dash of that ... give it a shake-
    - Jester King Emeric
  • Gothic
    Gothic
    ✭✭✭
    More info in this thread on the issues as well.
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    I had the exact same problem, but it's easy enough to get in once you put the bottom foot in first.

Also I disagree with the claims it's cheaply made, it's extremely well made IMO, especially for a CE (not a dedicated figurine of $100 remember).

Stoked on my Mr Bal!
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    Mine fit with no issue at all. Sorry to hear some are having issues
  • NeoGriz
    NeoGriz
    ✭✭✭
    Against my expectation, GamingHeads sent me a response e-mail (with some incorrect english).
    This time they're not telling me to glue anything, but they will actually send me a replacement Molag Bal statue.

Here's the response:

We are sorry to hear that issue you had. We will send you a replacement to you. In order to help get you your replacement statue, can you please send us:

(a) a copy of your receipt/proof of purchase for The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition;
    (b) the contact details to where the replacement statues is to be sent. i.e. shipping address and telephone number

Once again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com
    A pinch of this ... a dash of that ... give it a shake-
    - Jester King Emeric