The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

STATUE OF MOLAG BAL DOESNT FIT BASE?

• Vamperotic
    Vamperotic
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, everything aside from the statue are stunning =] he didn't fit, and his tail is actually below the base, so the base doesnt even stay flat to the ground :disappointed:
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    Vamperotic wrote: »
    Same here, everything aside from the statue are stunning =] he didn't fit, and his tail is actually below the base, so the base doesnt even stay flat to the ground :disappointed:

Once you have fitted the tail, it should be slightly curved. Hovering just above the base.
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO

That doesn't sound right at all!. Are you sure it isn't the wrong way around or something? the bottom of the tail on mine is at least an inch from the surface and the base is flat (just a teeny bit wonky because the underside of the base isn't smooth).
  • wallace90b16_ESO
    nf6x86y2427d.jpg

That's what mines looks like, Just for reference.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    nf6x86y2427d.jpg

That's what mines looks like, Just for reference.

Did you have any trouble with anything not fitting?

• wallace90b16_ESO
    Yeah the base pins and the holes didn't line up at all, i had to push them in.

I placed the right leg in the pin, and push the left leg down so it would fit in the pin, then i pushed down on the statue slightly to make sure it was secure.

(Lol, that sounds odd, but was the only way to get my point across easily.)
  • Krivaan
    Krivaan
    ✭✭✭
    Pff, I didn't even get the chance to break it. The courier sent the parcel back to GAME.co.uk, from the hub, for no reason.

Not sure who I hate more; DPD couriers, or GAME.co.uk. Neither of which I want anything more to do with.
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A Fool because he has to say something.
  • Duskbinder
    Duskbinder
    ✭✭
    Krivaan wrote: »
    Pff, I didn't even get the chance to break it. The courier sent the parcel back to GAME.co.uk, from the hub, for no reason.

Not sure who I hate more; DPD couriers, or GAME.co.uk. Neither of which I want anything more to do with.

Also waiting on DPD to deliver, the email i received from GAME said it would not arrive until Monday, which isn't very helpful as the grace period runs out Sunday midday, seems strange to have a grace period only cover a weekend anyway, as there is little chance of delivery, especially courier delivery which costs (a lot) more for saturday delivery, and is not something I had the option to do anyway.
  • Vamperotic
    Vamperotic
    Soul Shriven

That doesn't sound right at all!. Are you sure it isn't the wrong way around or something? the bottom of the tail on mine is at least an inch from the surface and the base is flat (just a teeny bit wonky because the underside of the base isn't smooth).

Nope, it's all the right way, and about an inch underneath the base lol, managed to get his leg onto the right spot, after the 'peg' snapping off (lol)
  • liper
    liper
    got home, got the statue out of the package, wont fit on the base and has alot of smaller damages already. disappointed.
  • Krivaan
    Krivaan
    ✭✭✭
    anaxp wrote: »
    Also waiting on DPD to deliver, the email i received from GAME said it would not arrive until Monday, which isn't very helpful as the grace period runs out Sunday midday, seems strange to have a grace period only cover a weekend anyway, as there is little chance of delivery, especially courier delivery which costs (a lot) more for saturday delivery, and is not something I had the option to do anyway.

Yeah, DPD don't deliver on weekends and if the package is picked up on Friday, it won't be delivered until the following Tuesday. Such a useless courier service.

I just asked for a refund, because I can't be arsed with either of them. I ordered the digital version direct from Zenimax instead. Shame, I really wanted the goodies.
    Edited by Krivaan on April 4, 2014 1:58PM
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A Fool because he has to say something.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Well mine should be here shortly. Guess I'll see what the rep says about it since they see theres an issue. Geez don't they test this stuff to see if everything fits okay before they charge off and make it.

Its called Quality Control...
  • dragonsquarterb16_ESO
    Nope, it's all the right way, and about an inch underneath the base lol, managed to get his leg onto the right spot, after the 'peg' snapping off (lol)

At least I can glue my statue back together but I don't see what you could do about that. Zenimax should send you a repalcement directly.

Although if their treatment of their customers so far is anything to go by they might try and charge you for the extra couple of inches of tail!.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well mine should be here shortly. Guess I'll see what the rep says about it since they see theres an issue. Geez don't they test this stuff to see if everything fits okay before they charge off and make it.

It is called "Private Market" without regulation at its best. They probably have a fine print (devil in the details) that you agree to waive them any liability due to any imperfections in the product, including but not limited to, damage.

Within; Without.
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »

It is called "Private Market" without regulation at its best. They probably have a fine print (devil in the details) that you agree to waive them any liability due to any imperfections in the product, including but not limited to, damage.

Which if you are in the EU, and I am presuming most here are UK is absolute nonsense. Why do people say this stuff?

We have the best consumer rights in the whole world. Any t&c's like that would be deemed null and void, you can't sign away your consumer rights. Under the unfair consumer contracts directive.

We have that, we have EU legislation. We have the distance selling regulations.

That's your first point of call for online goods, with software DSR'S can be used if the software itself is sealed. Apart from that your rights to cancel the contract are unconditional. You have from when you placed your order until 7 working days after receipts.

If you have unsealed the software you can't return under the DSR'S you can however claim for a refund/repair/replacement under the sales of good act and reject the goods if any part of the package arrives damage, faulty, or substandard.

All of the rights you have from whatever RETAILER you purchased from, so Game. These rights do not apply to the manufacturer.

If you expect the manufacturer to sort it, you are bound by the terms of their warranty.

It's people sucking things up, being fobbed off and just accepting duff goods which causes this kind of miss information.

At £90 if people are receiving damaged goods. I would be cancelling under the DSR's with game. If they really want a refund as they are unhappy with the quality. If however they have opened the software, I'd be pushing for a replacement statue.

TL;DR

Zenimax aren't the retailer here, so your actual rights if people want a remedy are with the retailer. In the UK at least and if they can use the DSR's time is of the essence.
  • Lantian_Doco
    Lantian_Doco
    ✭✭
    Mine has problems with his tail... its just not fit for the whole. Really disappointment i will try to carve the hole a bit. I have to say... the Statue from ToR was much better in quality.

I think the main problem there is that they used some sort of soft material and not hardend resin. The tail almost feels like rubber.
    Edited by Lantian_Doco on April 4, 2014 3:28PM
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm a bit scared to see what condition mine will be in when it arrives... :s

Tbh though, I got the physical edition for the book, not the statue (which I could see was cheap when they did that unboxing video).
    Edited by Spidermonk on April 4, 2014 3:34PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, the art book is simply stunning, as is the steelbook case.

Amen! We haven't tried to assemble our statues yet, but the book is gorgeous. And filled with interesting snippets of lore. Back when the Imperial Edition was announced, someone on the WoW forums commented that it would be worth buying even if you didn't plan to play the game, and I can't disagree. :)
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, the state of Maine in the US has some pretty fantastic consumer rights laws as well. :)
    Mememe wrote: »
    Soloeus wrote: »

Which if you are in the EU, and I am presuming most here are UK is absolute nonsense. Why do people say this stuff?

We have the best consumer rights in the whole world. Any t&c's like that would be deemed null and void, you can't sign away your consumer rights. Under the unfair consumer contracts directive.

We have that, we have EU legislation. We have the distance selling regulations.

That's your first point of call for online goods, with software DSR'S can be used if the software itself is sealed. Apart from that your rights to cancel the contract are unconditional. You have from when you placed your order until 7 working days after receipts.

If you have unsealed the software you can't return under the DSR'S you can however claim for a refund/repair/replacement under the sales of good act and reject the goods if any part of the package arrives damage, faulty, or substandard.

All of the rights you have from whatever RETAILER you purchased from, so Game. These rights do not apply to the manufacturer.

If you expect the manufacturer to sort it, you are bound by the terms of their warranty.

It's people sucking things up, being fobbed off and just accepting duff goods which causes this kind of miss information.

At £90 if people are receiving damaged goods. I would be cancelling under the DSR's with game. If they really want a refund as they are unhappy with the quality. If however they have opened the software, I'd be pushing for a replacement statue.

TL;DR

Zenimax aren't the retailer here, so your actual rights if people want a remedy are with the retailer. In the UK at least and if they can use the DSR's time is of the essence.

What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Mine doesn't fit either, and I saw people saying the same thing elsewhere (like Reddit).

Not only that but mine came with part of the guy who Molag bal is holding snapped off :(

I was so excited when the courier handed the box to me 20 minutes ago, but now i'm left feeling a bit foolish after paying £90 (US$150). I could have just bought the digital version with a discount for 1/3 of the price.
    Ordered mine from GAME.co.uk and it arrived with the mace broken just below the hand, I phoned GAME customer support straight away and they tried my local stores to see if they had any spare copies but neither did so they sent me an email so that I could return the Imperial Edition. Got the email, sorted out the return label etc and then repacked the whole thing and took it to my local Post Office. It's now on it's way back to GAME but I have to wait for a replacement, which they won't send out until they receive my original. So I guess I won't get the replacement until maybe Wednesday at the earliest, but probably Thursday or even Friday! :(

So now I have no Imperial Edition which means no code to redeem which means no game play after the Early Access grace period ends on Sunday! :(
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, if Molag Bal is broken or if you're having any issues with him, please email customerservice@gamingheads.com and they'll be able to help you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WatsonFusion
    Same here, I managed to break one of the pegs trying to remove the base, had to force the legs apart more guess it put to much pressure on the pegs and the tail didn't have a chance of fitting.

The lovely people at my local GAME UK store swapped out the statue for me and this one is fine goes together very well, I guess quality control was drunk on shift when my first one was made.

I would also like to mention i'm really disappointed with the map I was expecting the same quality material for the map to be printed on as the Skyrim one.
  • josh_turner1991_ESO
    I had an issue with the tail, but some patience and a little pressure got her in there. As for the legs, the raised one had to be bent just a little but the material didn't resist at all. Now he's standing tall!
  • Duskbinder
    Duskbinder
    ✭✭
    @Grizzly_UK‌

Wow, thats pretty awful! Although I'm not overly bothered about the statue (I really want the book) it would be nice to receive it intact, though judging by the reports here i'm not holding out much hope. I really do hope they do something about the early access though, as above all else, it would be nice to have continued access to the game, and not feel punished for buying the retail version.

Anyway, I hope your replacement doesn't take forever to arrive!
    Edited by Duskbinder on April 4, 2014 4:04PM
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, if Molag Bal is broken or if you're having any issues with him, please email customerservice@gamingheads.com and they'll be able to help you!
    As I stated in my post, I've already returned my Imperial Edition to GAME.co.uk for a replacement, I just have to wait for my returned package to arrive at GAME and then for them to send out a replacement. Could you elaborate on what happens by emailing customerservice@gamingheads.com please? Should I also email them even though I've already made arrangements with the retailer I purchased my Imperial Edition from for a replacement?
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    @nathanwilsonbusinessb16_ESO Would you be up for editing your first post to include Gina's info above? there's always a few that read three posts then comment, it'd cut down on that. :)

Edited by otomodachi on April 4, 2014 4:22PM
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Oops....

GamingHeads.com is proudly brought to you by 'the IP factory' Limited. The IP factory is a market leading merchandiser committed to providing you with the highest quality merchandise. Our team has over 10 years of experience in the collectibles business where we strive for perfection in everything we produce and our commitment to quality is paramount.
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Why oops? Edit: oh, cuz of the snafu?
    Oops....

GamingHeads.com is proudly brought to you by 'the IP factory' Limited. The IP factory is a market leading merchandiser committed to providing you with the highest quality merchandise. Our team has over 10 years of experience in the collectibles business where we strive for perfection in everything we produce and our commitment to quality is paramount.

Edited by otomodachi on April 4, 2014 4:25PM
  • Teascent_Earlypath
    Mine didn't fit either. Funnily enough, my statue of Alduin from my Skyrim Ultimate Edition also had a problem of properly fitting its base. I can't exactly force Alduin to fit, because he doesn't really have pins like Molag Bal does. Might try to force the Daedric Prince though. Or maybe more like coerce him to fit. :p My Songbird from Bioshock Infinite fit perfectly however. Maybe Bethesda/Zenimax should look into their statue sculptors...
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
  • Lord_Grey
    Lord_Grey
    Soul Shriven
    mine fit...was a bit of a struggle tho and it does seem like it could fit better