The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hello from the Lead Gameplay Designer

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. *waves*

It is a great game. Good luck, have fun, try not to start hating us.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there! Nice to meet you, hope the forums are kind :wink:
    PC EU & NA
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i could ask anything of you,

It is when you look forward to new content that you do not cater to just a single group. We know that there are...
    Hardcore PvPers including large scale and small scale, to duelists. (These guys deserve some love)
    There elite PvEers running trials and speedflawlessperfectrun-dungeoneers. Perfect rotation DPS kings and mega tanks!

There are also casuals, new players and those with disabilities that get left out of a great deal of content. Please don't forget us.

Thank you
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Shraar
    Shraar
    ✭✭✭
    "You're new in town, aren't you? That makes two of us." - Camilla Valerius, in Riverwood, in Skyrim

Those are the words I say to you. It is so wonderful to hear you have experience gained in the Riot skill tree because I played LoL for two years as a non-competitive support main (Santa Baron Nashor Icon earned!) and I will always fondly remember Riot as a company capable of interacting with and fostering a positive community like no other. I once played an ARAM with Riot_Tryndamere, the president himself! That was a while ago! They are a truly wonderful company and they work so hard (and succeed) at making a wonderful diverse gaming community.

My point is, if you were a part of Riot I have no doubt you will be a wonderful influence on this game. Thank you so much for the work you have done, and will continue to do. From the bottom of my heart thank you! You are and will always be a bright light and Meridia's favored.
    Edited by Shraar on August 17, 2018 10:00PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing :) We love people in charge who have time to talk with us, we know it ain't easy to do it that's why we appreciate it so much. Hope we will have a good time together and if you would need anything just ask, I'm sure community will do whatever they can to help you.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Rob! Welcome to Tamriel!

May your time with ZOS be awesome :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Rob, it's nice to see a developer who plays and enjoys this game and can be considered one of us.

Let me tell you one thing:
    361d844c78fb71a93ab62dcb7651714b.gif

Don't listen to nerf calls, fix the broken staff HAs and have fun!

Also, if HAs would restore both damage attributes (stam+mag), no matter which weapon is used, we would see more interesting builds.

giphy.gif

@Salvas_Aren OMG another Lucifer fan! I could hug you~
    Edited by coop500 on August 17, 2018 10:25PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

I've been working in games for 15 years, most recently having spent 7 at Riot Games working on League of Legends and several smaller games in the LoL universe.

You just went from one LoL universe to another! B)
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Tamriel!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome...hope to see more posts and insights.

I also switched from PC to Console--PS4. I felt all the add-ons were ruining the game and wanted an even playing field.

I love playing on PS4 and do not miss the add-ons at all; however, myself and most people I play with would like a search function and or Tabs added to the inventory system. The bag and bank storage in the current state is cumbersome and next to impossible to efficiently find anything. Do you see a quality of life addition like this being added to consoles in the future??
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey there Rob, welcome! Thanks for posting a hello and doing an awesome job :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    If you are lead gameplay designer, what is Wrobel?

Lead Combat Designer..

People are already confusing the two in this thread, because literacy is dead in 2018.

(As well as TL;DRing his OP.)

Gameplay is often associated with combat, esp in a mmo where you kill people
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you ! :smiley:
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you said you recently started to playing eso on console to see what it's like i hope that means both ps4 and xbox and just not one of them we desperately need a voice for us console players when we feel the need to give feedback i hope you are that voice anyway it's nice to just see a dev say they are actually playing on console makes me feel like the game actually means something to zos welcome to the forums i look forward to any future posts you might make :)
    Edited by Jake1576 on August 17, 2018 10:42PM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!

Please consider a "Known Issues" thread to publicly acknowledge which bugs you are aware of and actively working to fix. Not knowing and feeling like ZOS is ignoring these serious problems is a major source of consumer dissatisfaction. Things like the random resource drain bug, heavy attack bug, voice chat channels breaking on console, snipe-glitch exploiters in PvP, (and so on) seem to be ignored and I've seen a lot of people leave the game over these kinds of issues.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Rob! I hope you enjoy working on the game as much as we enjoy playing it :smile: !
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to our little slice of Sovngarde
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your appearance in forums is most welcome. Though be weary of fires and bait.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself here on the forums. I'm the Lead Gameplay Designer on ESO, overseeing the Systems, Combat, PvP, and User Interface teams. Some of you may have seen me on ESO Live last month. I was a little nervous in the beginning of the show if you couldn't tell. =P

My intent is to start posting here on the forums more regularly and, in time, provide more insight into how we think about Gameplay design. My days are already pretty busy (it turns out shipping an update every 3 months leads to a pretty aggressive development schedule!) but I will engage when I can. I'm also certain Gina will find opportunities to poke me for a response.

Welcome, and thank you for stepping up into the harsh glare of publicity. Since you were at Riot, I'm sure you heard GhostCrawler talking about the less fun times it'll bring, as well as the good ones. ;)

If I may, I'd suggest the most important change to make to this is to tell us, explicitly, how you want the community to talk to you. I suspect that you probably don't want a nice @ZOS_RobGarrett tag every time someone is grumpy about any aspect of gameplay. By being explicit, at least there is some chance that the appropriate community norms will be established. :)

It'd also be a big help, selfishly, if you laid out what makes for good and useful feedback from your perspective. I, uh, could also say that there are a few things I'd like to see changed, but as "not a ZOS employee", I'd like to know how to make my "just a player" feedback as useful as possible ... and of course, "as convincing as possible" ;)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to meet you.

My only question is Can you fix the lag (I.e,. Cyrodil performance)?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    Danikat wrote: »
    By the way, if you're willing to share: what's your favourite thing in ESO so far? What's made you go "Oh, that's cool!"

Honestly it's difficult to pinpoint a specific thing. I actually played a bit back in beta but got distracted with other games at the time. When I returned to the game last year I was shocked at how improved the entire experience was. The teams here have done fantastic work over the past few years, including taking on some big risks like One Tamriel, and that was a major draw for me coming on board.

As of late, most of my time in game has been spent in PvP and the Thieves Guild DLC.
    Rob Garrett
    Lead Gameplay Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only advice? PLEASE, don't let some of the people in these forums get to you too much. For all the bugs and crashes and complaints I know you guys are doing good work that I could never hope to understand myself.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    Which console do you play on?
    PlayStation 4. I mostly play games on PC, but it's been a blast playing ESO with a gamepad in front of a big TV.
    If you are lead gameplay designer, what is Wrobel?
    Lead Combat Designer
    Yep. Wrobel is still leading the Combat team. I know a lot of players are particularly passionate about their efforts, and it’s one of the areas I’m particularly interested in shedding more light upon going forward.
    Watchdog wrote: »
    This one would like to join Rob's forums welcoming party too and wish Rob warm winds, soft sand and as few SNAFU's as possible.

Khajiit thinks Rob should actually not try to read every single complain around here and try to address it properly, because if he does that, his head will surely explode from all the contradicting demands. Preventing oneself from becoming a raving plaything of Sheggorath the Skooma Cat is quite important, yes?
    Haha, thanks much!
    Edited by ZOS_RobGarrett on August 18, 2018 3:23AM
    Rob Garrett
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you Rob Garrett! I'll be very much looking forward to your posts. I'm new here (newer than you by 6 months) so I don't have much input as yet, but I do play from about 8 am to 4 pm every day, so I should begin to have some feeling for things soonish.

The one thing I wish now is that I had accepted the beta invitation - but I didn't as at the time I was involved in other games. Well, water under bridge of course, but I feel like I missed out on a lot. I'm doing my best to make up for that now, and I think your input can only help!

• Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Nice to meet you.

My only question is Can you fix the lag (I.e,. Cyrodil performance)?

It would be nice if we could get information which lags and bugs in PvP are server side problems and which can occur due to graphic rendering power, drivers etc on the client side.

giphy.gif
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    Gameplay is often associated with combat, esp in a mmo where you kill people
    I can understand how the terms can get conflated. In fact, I believe at one point in time the Combat Team was internally referred to as "Gameplay".

I should probably clarify the team structure a bit. As I mentioned before, I oversee the "Gameplay" side which includes Combat, PvP, Systems, and UI. There are also "Content" teams working on things like zones, quests, monsters, and dungeons. Ultimately we're all working together to deliver updates to ESO, but that's how the teams are organized.

And, of course, @ZOS_RichLambert oversees "all the things".
    Rob Garrett
    Staff Post
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which console do you play on?
    PlayStation 4. I mostly play games on PC, but it's been a blast playing ESO with a gamepad in front of a big TV.

Cool. PM me if you ever need gear/crafting stuffs. I can help you out. It can be really tough starting over again.

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 17, 2018 11:38PM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing - best game in the world. Simply stunning in every way. AAAA+
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting @ZOS_RobGarrett !

I'm interested in what your first impressions of ESO were!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! I hope we don’t scare you away with our frustrated grumbling! Most of us mean well, I promise!
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.