Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug in Moon Keep Hunter ?

PouletRico
PouletRico
✭✭✭
Hello,

I tried to run Moon Keep Hunter in vet tonight, we had no problems until the Archivist Ernarde fight.

For some reasons, the adds (spawning on the stairs) were spawning twice, or three times (so basically we got 4 or 6 adds spawning at the very same time !). I have read the guide and there is nothing about this.

Is this an expected behaviour or is this a bug ? Sadly, I wasn't recording and didn't think about taking screenshots during the run. Anyone got that too ?
@PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
PouletRico - TankDK - EP
Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    pushed too fast?
    eisley the worst
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    What is triggering adds spawn ? Boss health % ? Maybe we were DPSing too fast
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP

• shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when they get Enraged.

There is a lot of bugs during this fight.

For example the Enraged werewolves will hit you from afar nowhere near you and you take serious damage. The tank we had took 127k while blocking against a werewolf. Werewolves do spawn too quick at times and the mechanics overlap which causes insta death for a lot of groups.

-- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For example the Enraged werewolves will hit you from afar nowhere near you and you take serious damage. The tank we had took 127k while blocking against a werewolf. Werewolves do spawn too quick at times and the mechanics overlap which causes insta death for a lot of groups.

Enraged werewolves will always one shot the tank, it's intended. Kill them before they enrage to avoid one shot.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They spawn with boss health %. Either push very fast and kill the boss before the adds can threaten you. Or take it slow and kill the adds as they come. Going medium speed will kill you.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Enraged werewolves will always one shot the tank, it's intended. Kill them before they enrage to avoid one shot.

@shiningforce

Yesterday I tanked and guided 2 random group finder pugs who had never done the fight before successfully through this without problems. Boss killed within 3 tries so I don't think there are bugs, more likely tactics problem. I did see that when our dps pushed the boss too fast I got indeed double spawns on the stairs but even that wasn't a problem if you insta-chainpull all spawning humans to the same center location in front of boss but as close to entrance as possible. The aoe from your dps can take care of them easily when they are still human.

a proper dedicated tank with lets say 30k resistance and 40K health pool can hold and tank the big Hulk werewolves after they turned just fine 1 at a time along with all the other non-turned adds as long as the dps focuses on priority killing them which they should. If dps is good their second prio kills on the non-turned humans will finish them before they turn. An ideal party with high dps and skill never has any human turn into a werewolf at all. They watch the animation of a human that starts to turn and focus fire him down before the turning animation completes.

Leave the whole area from entrance until the 2 starting human adds for the tank and the tank only so he can pull humans from the stairs to him and backstep with all adds and hulking werewolves in case they succesfully turn. This way he can make sure all mobs always face the entrance the whole time and the hulking werewolves' erratice twisting and turning behaviour with the huge cone area won't 1 shot dps or healer. Dps and healer safely near boss the whole fight.
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    @shiningforce Yeah I not sure if it's bugs, but some mechanics are overlapping, resulting in a mess sometimes.

@profundidob16_ESO Thank for the advice ! I haven't tried that way, but it's sounds doable to me (I'm tank btw). Will give it a try asap.
    My main issue was not being able to tank 2 enraged werewolf at the same time, giving that 4 adds are spawning, 2 of them will transform, sometime pretty quickly, and my DPS wasn't able to kill them fast enough.
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PouletRico wrote: »
    @shiningforce Yeah I not sure if it's bugs, but some mechanics are overlapping, resulting in a mess sometimes.

@profundidob16_ESO Thank for the advice ! I haven't tried that way, but it's sounds doable to me (I'm tank btw). Will give it a try asap.
    My main issue was not being able to tank 2 enraged werewolf at the same time, giving that 4 adds are spawning, 2 of them will transform, sometime pretty quickly, and my DPS wasn't able to kill them fast enough.

yw. You're not supposed to have 2 big ones up at any time at all. Only the best of tank combined with the best of healer can hold 2 at once. Not very realistic and definately not indended (there should be an achievement for it in fact !!). If you have 2 big werewolves up It means indeed that your dps is not doing their job properly, not respecting kill priority. The reason you get 4 adds is because at least 1 dps is staying on the boss instead of switching to the newly spawned adds on the stairs. Tell them to watch the stairs to avoid that and as tank pull them in the very second they spawn. Be in the correct tank spot expecting them. The boss' voice dialogue gives you an explicit audio warning: "my siblings blablaba..." right before he summons them so you get ready to pull

The dps kill priority is at any given time.

1. purple bubble
    2. humans starting to turn before they turn into a big werewolf
    3. big werewolf (before you get bubbled and 1 shot)
    4. other humans
    5. boss

In a good group number 2 doesn't exist and in an awesome group 2 and 3 don't exist.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    the way i recommend doing it if you've got decent dps is to kill the first 2 adds - focus the one that is transforming first, you can kill it before transform completes, but if it does complete then it heals back to full. after the first 2 adds, all the dps just burn the boss - the tank goes up behidn the stairs to taunt the adds when they spawn, but the boss should die before any more adds can transform.
    eisley the worst
  • WeaselGod
    WeaselGod
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem whenever I ran the dungeon. For one fight I stopped using puncture on the boss because it would only result in bringing the adds near him, thus enraging them. When I didn't puncture him that fight there were never double adds. Not sure if that's the issue or if it has to do with taunting but there was a clear difference when I didn't taunt.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeaselGod wrote: »
    I had the same problem whenever I ran the dungeon. For one fight I stopped using puncture on the boss because it would only result in bringing the adds near him, thus enraging them. When I didn't puncture him that fight there were never double adds. Not sure if that's the issue or if it has to do with taunting but there was a clear difference when I didn't taunt.

your additional debuffing of the boss under the same dps circumstances causes the boss health % to trigger the next phase which spawns additional adds, or roulette, or something else that could be more than your group can handle per second.

I really like how the devs designed some of these new fights. Instead of putting a hard counter to prevent trivializing through high dps they made it so that mechanics are overlapping and trigger based on boss health % so that more dps on the boss causes exponentially harder incoming dmge up till the point where your tank+healer simply die. This way trying to speed things up by outdpssing everything is effectively being discouraged and causes wipes which delay your run by alot while nice and slow often turns out to be the fasted kill in a controlled way.
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on August 20, 2018 9:26AM
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    tank takes 2 adds away from the boss, dds burn him fast, ez go. when 3-4 spawn boss will be 30%, tank grabs new adds fast, kite all the time left dds to execute the boss.. ezgo
    Engine guardian - best set ever