The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - July 20

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »
    Too insane to be real life:

"Nightblades say the answer is not a nerf. Suggest they buff sorc instead"

LOL

Yeah because if any class needs to be buffed to be brought in line with NB capablities, its the God-Mode, kill-stealing fricking 17K light attack Mag Sorcs!

LMAO!

You just can't make this sh*t up!

Just the skillset required to pull off the dps people complain about warrants the extra dps NB have in my opinion. For both mag and stam.

Then why suggest buffing sorc, since the skillset required for that class warrants a damage output in PVE thats far below all other classes.

The point is not that NBs should or shouldn't be top DPS, but that Sorc objectively and decisively should not sniff the top 5

But if we are going into the skillset required, at least for stam blade it's far below that which is required for stam warden. laughably so even since ZOS put baby training wheels on merciless resolve a few patches ago. They aren't much tougher than the other three stam classes in truth.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just call this game Nightblades and Sorcs online. The two classes that complained the most about Sloads (because it pulls NBs out of stealth and goes through Sorc shields) is also the two classes that uses Sloads the most.

Yet Templars and DKs are just sitting here wondering what we're going to craft today.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • brandon.2023b14_ESO
    I think sorc pets should be addressed. I noticed way back before 1.6 that many sorcs weren't using pets because they deemed them useless. I went out of my way to make a pet build that worked. Between using magnus and seducer I had a pet build that in pve I could solo vet 11 content at vet 1, and for pvp I could 1v1 all day and not lose and even 1v3 and not lose. But after 1.6 which was supposed to "buff pets" based on player feedback, it ultimately nerfed them. I at that time decided to stop playing because something that was already viable if given the right treatment got nerfed to the point that pets became more useless than when people were initially crying about how weak they were.

Now I've seen that in summer set people are saying pets (mostly volatile familiar) are OP. I have yet to see this on the new sorc I'm working on. I think pets need something along the lines of more pet options to begin with, not having to double bar them, or making the morphs more useful. If I'm a solo player the clanfear should have a taunt for pve...for pvp it could be a cc with its tail swipe. The flying one can be the healer like it was prior to 1.6 and dont make the heal OP. It could be a once every 30 seconds heals you for 3% max life or something and otherwise does low damage but fast ranged attacks to its target. Use of the shields that covers pets as well was a great way to utilize them. They dont need to be OP in damage so mush as they need a buff to their health or resistances. They need to be something a solo player can utilize and a social player can bring to a group and the group not be disappointed that a sorc is using pets. I personally feel like playing as a summoner doesn't feel like a summoner because we only have two actual pets and then if utilized the atronach. I feel like a summoner should have a few more pet options to choose from and maybe cap it where only 2 or 3 pets can be active at a time. Maybe have them provide a synergy for the group that's a dmg buff or regeneration buff or something. Considering champion points are a way to lvl your character past 50 maybe add some abilities to all the classes skill lines and allow skill lines to go up another 10 lvls or so to provide a means of acquiring the new skills.

Low key off topic, I want the next class to be introduced to be a necromancer.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @brandon.2023b14_ESO , I think they've already tried. Whole Undaunted skill like looks like they were intending to introduce necromancy skill line at some point (bone shield, necrotic orb, blood altar), but then it all was scraped in a hurry and replaced in the last minute with Undaunted. Mettle is a perfect example of a passive that comes to mind when release is tomorrow, it's evening and you urgently have to come up with something, even if it's some silly dare that makes you wear a motley mix of armor types.

And then it becomes meta. That's ESO game design in a nutshell.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on August 13, 2018 9:11AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

• Having a trial or dungeon mechanics favor being in melee would be a welcome change

Variety is the key here not favoritism and bias toward one spec.
    ALL trials should be designed for a mixed group of DPS characters.

They should not favor either magicka or stamina

And Stamina needs to be changed to allow for some group utility and high ranged damage so that they can adapt to the situation at hand and not be pigeon holed into one role or another. Likewise magicka should be able to do melee damage if needed or they so choose.

BOTH magicka and stamina characters should be able to complete ANY and EVERY trial, dungeon or whatever in the game!!!

And DPS AND/OR SELF HEALS/SHIELDS SHOULD BE NERFED THEN so HEALERS are WELCOME in Every Aspect of the Game!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing at allll useful for healers as I can see. Not at all surprised. Nice to see them at least mention the dungeon issue though.
    Edited by Mureel on August 13, 2018 9:28AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Nothing at allll useful for healers as I can see. Not at all surprised. Nice to see them at least mention the dungeon issue though.

Battlegrounds as seen it wolf Hunter patch notes counts more for healing medals.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Curious to hear from reps. Do you feel listened to?

I trust in the program, and the Individuals, but frankly the mess ZOS have made with cage & sorc alone makes me wonder what Impact the reps have. Either to changes or communication out of ZOS

Feels that forum 'noise' still gets the most impact to changes.

It's kind of a difficult question to answer. The things that are changing are all in the list of concerns we shared so I feel really good about that. This is the good part.

The only bad part is, especially as a PvE player, PvE didn't get any changes in terms of class balance. In a community where anything but Nightblade DPS is considered a meme, it's a bit difficult and saddening to see not much being done about it. Nightblades even got a slight buff since the enchantment changes benefit light attack users more than others. Nightblade DPS have amazing sustain and can hold a light attack rotation until the end of times while other classes have to heavy attack once at least every second rotation. This way, they will have more benefit compared to other classes even though it is a small difference.

I personally accepted this patch as a PvP balance patch and will be waiting for PvE balance in the next one.

It is all about their time. I know that they didn't have enough time to look at PvE and PvP both. I really wish they did though. I don't want to see at least 7 nightblades in my raids; I want to tank competitive runs with a non DK and heal with a non Templar. Hopefully the next 3 months will show the messed up part of PvE with incredible achievements and scores all having same group composition and classes. Only these can push them into doing some necessary balance changes, even though there are more than enough examples to show this problem in the current patch such as vMoL HM 3rd platform nuke with 9 Nightblade DDs.

Overall, PvP side looking good except class identity issues (Stamina Sorcerer and DK) and some classes being much weaker compared to others (Magicka Warden) while PvE is completely messed up for another 3 months.

So yeah, I have no definite answer to your question as a Class Rep who spends 90% of his time on PvE.

Thank you @Liofa I really appreciate your time to reply!

On a pvp front with cage nerfed into the ground it outs us back into Reach meta, which MagBlades do better in most ways. Plus with the changes to the icon on revealing stealth sadly it feels like a real bias towards Blades in PvP this patch also. I'm unsure really what they are thinking.

Seriously appreciate your reply. Thank you.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP/noCP divide is hurting PvP class balance also. I play noCP exclusively, and when people complain about shield stacking, I can only chuckle. Many problems - fancied or real - in PvP are CP exclusive problems (shield stacking, befoul and defiles, overpowered healing, stamina costs).

ZOS never really tried to solve that because it would mean balancing PvP for noCP first and adjust CP accordingly, while having to adjust PvE then too. I'd rather have the CP system scrapped entirely at this point.

As for PvE ZOS is in /shrug mode. Their vision is unclear. They never said what they want the classes to be, or how the content is meant. I don't think we'll see meaningful changes therefore.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭

Battlegrounds as seen it wolf Hunter patch notes counts more for healing medals.[/quote]

Only in Deathmatch according to the patch notes..
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens: The not feeling loved disgruntlement was communicated
    Various small quality of life improvements were suggestions brought up by the players were brought up, including:
    Short buffs like Bird of Prey need to be longer
    Swarm projectile too slow, double cast feels like a punishment, not engaging or rewarding gameplay
    People will ask for a viable frost mage playstyle until it can be done
    Sustain is too limited. Either reduce costs of Fissure and other magicka skills or increase magicka returned by Betty Netch
    Nature’s Grasp rubber bands you. Other morph should burst heal the caster as well. Both morphs should begin healing as the skill is cast, not once you arrive at the target
    PvE magden would benefit greatly from sustain buffs.
    Warden healer are mostly happy
    It was brought up that sustain is strained for PvE DPS and PvP in general
    Nature’s Grasp usability issues including rubber banding and healing not starting until you arrive at the ally, which is slow for quick reactionary play
    The issue of a CC option was communicated, and ZOS indicated they are looking into it
    Wardens need to bring something unique to the table for groups in general (health buff given by Warhorn, players may already have their resistance buffs active, etc)

Stupidly short; stupidly ignores most of the discord discussions, all other classes got way more attention;

Dunno why I came back to this thread, but this is absolutely the reason I have 0 faith in the rep program
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various small quality of life improvements were suggestions brought up by the players were brought up, including:
    Swarm projectile too slow, double cast feels like a punishment, not engaging or rewarding gameplay
    Sustain is too limited. Either reduce costs of Fissure and other magicka skills or increase magicka returned by Betty Netch
    Nature’s Grasp rubber bands you. Other morph should burst heal the caster as well. Both morphs should begin healing as the skill is cast, not once you arrive at the target
    Nature’s Grasp usability issues including rubber banding and healing not starting until you arrive at the ally, which is slow for quick reactionary play
    The issue of a CC option was communicated, and ZOS indicated they are looking into it
    Wardens need to bring something unique to the table for groups in general (health buff given by Warhorn, players may already have their resistance buffs active, etc)

Stupidly short; stupidly ignores most of the discord discussions, all other classes got way more attention;

Dunno why I came back to this thread, but this is absolutely the reason I have 0 faith in the rep program

I dont understand how none of these things have been sorted out yet, now we have to wait another stupid amount of time just to be deflated again, and probs have more nerfs.
    This class has the potential to be great and balanced but as we're the minority we will always be treated as such.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Waffennacht

yesterday we discussed once again many of those things and the devs gave us insight, what they are looking at for the next update. For the warden they have in mind to work around following points:

- cc-abilities for pvp will be addressed
    - abilities, which only are there for buffing up will be looked at (so skills like bird of prey and stuff, which only grants a single or two buffs and need to be casted frequently, without additional effects like damage or other benefits for losing a gcd
    - more damage capabilities without having to slot the bear (for pve)
    - a unique buff/support for a coordinated groups (pve and pvp)

points above will be looked at for update 20 and hopefully the devs already have figured out how to address them. also they have in mind more point concerning warden, which will take a bit longer to implement (so not coming with update 20). an example for that is the frost mage style.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rune cage debacle was an epic fail. Over-buffed then gutted. Damage should have been removed, stun duration shortened, and range reduced to ~15-20m. Sorcs didn't need a roflstomp skill like summerset rune cage, just an instant where the opponent couldn't block or dodge our combo like they could for such a long time. Rune Cage being dodgeable puts sorcs back to square one where it's too easy to avoid the highly telegraphed combo. And you even went ahead and made defensive rune dodgeable too??? What's next, Hurricane no longer breaks Cloak?

NB's could already avoid msorc burst easily and they just got a golden ticket. But that's not all, they've gotten a lot of nice things lately. Shade buff. Oh and spectral bow stacks remain even after buff expires. They got a free pass from Sloads. But don't worry, Incap was "nerfed." All of this taken together is shameful from the NB's in the class rep program. NB's keep getting good things, and what do other classes get? Thanks for the Templar Rune buff I guess...

Frags will need a damage increase and the projectile needs to be faster if the plan is to make all sorc CC's dodgeable.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Checkmath , that's definitely good news. Is there any word on what's in the works for dragonknights?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new notes will be presented soon, so stay tuned and patient. i just gave those things about warden already in here, because of the little uproar;)
    dont worry, the devs are looking into those things.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    the new notes will be presented soon, so stay tuned and patient. i just gave those things about warden already in here, because of the little uproar;)

Sounds promising, thanks for the heads up.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The CP/noCP divide is hurting PvP class balance also. I play noCP exclusively, and when people complain about shield stacking, I can only chuckle. Many problems - fancied or real - in PvP are CP exclusive problems (shield stacking, befoul and defiles, overpowered healing, stamina costs).

ZOS never really tried to solve that because it would mean balancing PvP for noCP first and adjust CP accordingly, while having to adjust PvE then too. I'd rather have the CP system scrapped entirely at this point.

As for PvE ZOS is in /shrug mode. Their vision is unclear. They never said what they want the classes to be, or how the content is meant. I don't think we'll see meaningful changes therefore.

I'm predominantly noCP too and hadn't thought about how that changes perception. Gd point.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rune cage debacle was an epic fail. Over-buffed then gutted. Damage should have been removed, stun duration shortened, and range reduced to ~15-20m. Sorcs didn't need a roflstomp skill like summerset rune cage, just an instant where the opponent couldn't block or dodge our combo like they could for such a long time. Rune Cage being dodgeable puts sorcs back to square one where it's too easy to avoid the highly telegraphed combo. And you even went ahead and made defensive rune dodgeable too??? What's next, Hurricane no longer breaks Cloak?

NB's could already avoid msorc burst easily and they just got a golden ticket. But that's not all, they've gotten a lot of nice things lately. Shade buff. Oh and spectral bow stacks remain even after buff expires. They got a free pass from Sloads. But don't worry, Incap was "nerfed." All of this taken together is shameful from the NB's in the class rep program. NB's keep getting good things, and what do other classes get? Thanks for the Templar Rune buff I guess...

Frags will need a damage increase and the projectile needs to be faster if the plan is to make all sorc CC's dodgeable.

Agreed
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Checkmath thank you for your response and I will be looking forward to the future.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the first 4 lines and my iq dropped so hard I began drooling on my keyboard
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I'm predominantly noCP too and hadn't thought about how that changes perception. Gd point.

Honestly, we should have CP only for PVE and leave the whole PVP no cp, it will be way better for balancing and healthier
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

So much salt...
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear.

Just want to remind everyone that the rep program began after most of the wolfhunter patch was already done so the effect was minimal. The last patch notes clearly indicate that the rep program had a very positive effect.

So good job to the reps and the haters need to lighten up.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt the same way..

I'm hoping as @Checkmath said they are looking into other things. Hopefully I don't have to wait another year.
    Edited by Zardayne on September 10, 2018 5:38PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »

I felt the same way..

I'm hoping as @Checkmath said they are looking into other things. Hopefully I don't have to wait another year.

Also my concern...

But we should know soon enough what zos thinks of their Warden community with pts dropping in a week
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt the same way..

_Ahala_ wrote: »

I felt the same way..

Also my concern...

But we should know soon enough what zos thinks of their Warden community with pts dropping in a week

Just be a little bit more patient. Pts of murkmire should be opened next monday and I, too, hope we will see some good changes.
    Edited by Checkmath on September 11, 2018 6:54AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I felt the same way..

_Ahala_ wrote: »

I felt the same way..

Also my concern...

Just be a little bit more patient. Pts of murkmire should be opened next monday and I, too, hope we will see some good changes.

Well, the good changes are a nerf to shields and that's it. It's like the 84th consecutive nerf on one class.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed

Absolutely. Not sure how the Reps and dev doesn't get this.