The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High crit resist , high resist , high hp - wont save you

• Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    If you build glass cannon with out knowing what you are doing I can guarantee you will get blown up in seconds.

These "unkillable high damage builds" don't exist. People who say this stuff don't know how to play and rather then learn; blame game mechanics for their failure.

I have 10k physical resistance and 15k magic resistance on my templar and I can comfortable cut threw 3-4 average players. I'm far from unkillable. If I jumped to fight 2 even remotely competent players I'd get cut down in seconds.

Learn the mechanics. Learn yo LoS and kite. Stretch players out and pick them off 1 by one. Save your ult for players you can just out right kill. Thats how you win fights. Builds are only 60% of a character the other 40% is mechanical skill.

Watch this and notice how I use game mechanice and potions to keep my self alive while out numbered.

https://youtu.be/2AniicyEpPA

Vert nice game play , love the vid , lovely

English no my native languish , no one understand my point yet.

In your movie SA hit very hard , very hard , no time to lose LOS , just block and pray:)
    My point , there's broken(imo) skills , like SA , overload ... and proc sets(zaan, sload…)
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    LOS dude. Pop vigor, roll dodge, block, go around those pillars or down the stairs. Hell with 31k HP you should easily survive a jump. Also 18k Stam? How do you function like that. You took so much damage straight to the face.

With 18K stamina, he can't afford to block. Those beams ate up his stamina.

Don't block beams!

That being said, Soul Assault needs to be interruptible or dodgable. It's incredibly OP against medium armor.

18k stamina is plenty enough to block the Soul Assault. And Soul Assault is easy enough to LOS. Only time I see MA builds die to it are: 1. They are not decent players 2. Was out of resources and/or already at low health and no LOS-able objects. Ever since the snare was removed from the beam, more people survive the encounter.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to learn to LOS, not stand in the open, realize that Penn goes through resistances and that in this day and age of ESO 32k resistance is almost nothing, heal more, dodge etc..
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take the perfectly balanced 70k tooltip ult , it's fine.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nobody tell him you can get over 90k
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Nobody tell him you can get over 90k

6 figures or go home.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOS dude. Pop vigor, roll dodge, block, go around those pillars or down the stairs. Hell with 31k HP you should easily survive a jump. Also 18k Stam? How do you function like that. You took so much damage straight to the face.

Don't block beams!

That being said, Soul Assault needs to be interruptible or dodgable. It's incredibly OP against medium armor.

18k stamina is plenty enough to block the Soul Assault. And Soul Assault is easy enough to LOS. Only time I see MA builds die to it are: 1. They are not decent players 2. Was out of resources and/or already at low health and no LOS-able objects. Ever since the snare was removed from the beam, more people survive the encounter.

It did 8 ticks to him, that costs 14K stamina without block cost reductions. Unless you are using sword and board , and then it will only drain 10K stamina or still more than half of what he might have had at best, but he's trying to run and kite, so he loses even more stamina. Tries to heal through for more stamina, and tries to outburst,and the end result is instant death.

9 out of 10 soul assualts are done at someone's back by a trash magplar amidst a heavily populated battle field while using sloads and zaan. blocking is only slightly less dumb than taking it in the face, and attacking won't work because of their CC immunity during the channel which is flat out stupid. Kiting is the only way to mitigate it in medium armor, and I'm sorry to say, but that isn't always an option while tightroping and rolling through meatbags and scattershots. If I'm near a tower, a tree, or a keep, then it isn't an issue, but there are plenty of times when that's just not feasible.

There's no difference between using sloads and using soul assault except that sloads actually does always have a counter. People slotting soul assault are just the lowest form of compost. they have no actual skill.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't block beams!

It did 8 ticks to him, that costs 14K stamina without block cost reductions. Unless you are using sword and board , and then it will only drain 10K stamina or still more than half of what he might have had at best, but he's trying to run and kite, so he loses even more stamina. Tries to heal through for more stamina, and tries to outburst,and the end result is instant death.

9 out of 10 soul assualts are done at someone's back by a trash magplar amidst a heavily populated battle field while using sloads and zaan. blocking is only slightly less dumb than taking it in the face, and attacking won't work because of their CC immunity during the channel which is flat out stupid. Kiting is the only way to mitigate it in medium armor, and I'm sorry to say, but that isn't always an option while tightroping and rolling through meatbags and scattershots. If I'm near a tower, a tree, or a keep, then it isn't an issue, but there are plenty of times when that's just not feasible.

There's no difference between using sloads and using soul assault except that sloads actually does always have a counter. People slotting soul assault are just the lowest form of compost. they have no actual skill.

Sounds like you're bad out have a bad build if you're having problems enough SA
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't block beams!

Well they might not have a skill but at least they have an ultimate slotted :tongue:
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't block beams!

Say

Don't block beams!

No I don't die to SA if it's being thrown out as a part of a rotation. Or if I'm not outnumbered or being ganked by some cheese. Usually I can heal through it, block for half a second, and get circled around the attacker. I'm a PVP werewolf build, and am super tanky in wolf form. But there's still way more counterplay for SA in light armor and heavy armor than there is in medium armor. And if you think otherwise, then I guess you're just a spud.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't block beams!

Say

Don't block beams!

No I don't die to SA if it's being thrown out as a part of a rotation. Or if I'm not outnumbered or being ganked by some cheese. Usually I can heal through it, block for half a second, and get circled around the attacker. I'm a PVP werewolf build, and am super tanky in wolf form. But there's still way more counterplay for SA in light armor and heavy armor than there is in medium armor. And if you think otherwise, then I guess you're just a spud.

It does more to the targeted type it's meant to be more effective towards. .. go figure....
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't do much PvP.. so I am asking because I saw a lot of threads about this set (Sload's).
    Why is it so bad? Is it a bad choice? I can craft this set and it does not look so bad to me.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I don't do much PvP.. so I am asking because I saw a lot of threads about this set (Sload's).
    Why is it so bad? Is it a bad choice? I can craft this set and it does not look so bad to me.

Its powerful because,Oblivion damage cuts through most forms of damage mitigation. It also procs a lot, so there's a near constant uptime. It can be brutal if you get hit with multiple Sload's procs,

Its "bad" because its a proc set, which gives players free extra damage without needing much skill to get that damage. Past proc sets like Viper, Selenes, Red Mountain, and Velidreth were adjusted in various ways to make them less overpowered in PVP. ZOS is still working on adjusting Sload's.

So its a pretty powerful choice in PVP currently, its just "bad" in the sense that its kinda cheesy and everyone's using it, so the players who want to be all about their skills don't like it much.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano Thanks for the informative reply.

I started doing more PvP because of the Midyear event (I wanted the laurels adornment) and also wanted some change from my PvE oriented routine. I hope I won't get flamed now for my initial setup.. so as a stamina nightblade I ran a very cheesy setup for a few BG runs: 5 relequen 5 sload 2 skoria, using caltrops, poison injections, poison dots... This setup was quite fun even outside pvp, like in public dungeons, because with so many DoTs Skoria proc'ed all the time. But yesterday I changed completly to magicka on my nightblade. I have never played magblade before, so it was quite interesting.

I was completly new to battlegrounds as well. After doing several battlegrounds and got trashed :), my 1st remark is that BGs help you learn to play the game (not only pvp) better than any game style in ESO. This is because you can test setups and strategies very quickly, but also learn to adapt from your death-recap screen quite a lot.

So as the OP was saying, you can have the best sets or even the cheesiest setups, it won't save you if you do not team up correctly or do not use some abilities in the right order. One example is.. once I got nuked by a nightblade that ran 2h setup.. he used incap strike, then executioner.. so I got thinking why the numbers were so big.. because incap increases your dmg against your target then you get execute which also does lots more dmg if you have low health plus the % bonus from incap. This is how you learn, and the game gets rewarding, because you can theorycraft yourself, start thinking what a certain set or combo would do, which is better than copying Alcast's builds. I am not saying that his builds are not good, but each one has a different play style, and maybe you discover that some other combo or set-up fits your style better.

Now I think that resource management is the most important part of pvp because as soon as your key resources are low, you are pretty much dead. It does not matter how much dmg you can do if you are out of mana or stamina, can't block or break free, etc.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    @VaranisArano Thanks for the informative reply.

I started doing more PvP because of the Midyear event (I wanted the laurels adornment) and also wanted some change from my PvE oriented routine. I hope I won't get flamed now for my initial setup.. so as a stamina nightblade I ran a very cheesy setup for a few BG runs: 5 relequen 5 sload 2 skoria, using caltrops, poison injections, poison dots... This setup was quite fun even outside pvp, like in public dungeons, because with so many DoTs Skoria proc'ed all the time. But yesterday I changed completly to magicka on my nightblade. I have never played magblade before, so it was quite interesting.

I was completly new to battlegrounds as well. After doing several battlegrounds and got trashed :), my 1st remark is that BGs help you learn to play the game (not only pvp) better than any game style in ESO. This is because you can test setups and strategies very quickly, but also learn to adapt from your death-recap screen quite a lot.

So as the OP was saying, you can have the best sets or even the cheesiest setups, it won't save you if you do not team up correctly or do not use some abilities in the right order. One example is.. once I got nuked by a nightblade that ran 2h setup.. he used incap strike, then executioner.. so I got thinking why the numbers were so big.. because incap increases your dmg against your target then you get execute which also does lots more dmg if you have low health plus the % bonus from incap. This is how you learn, and the game gets rewarding, because you can theorycraft yourself, start thinking what a certain set or combo would do, which is better than copying Alcast's builds. I am not saying that his builds are not good, but each one has a different play style, and maybe you discover that some other combo or set-up fits your style better.

Now I think that resource management is the most important part of pvp because as soon as your key resources are low, you are pretty much dead. It does not matter how much dmg you can do if you are out of mana or stamina, can't block or break free, etc.

I'm glad you are having fun and learning a lot about how PVP works! Its sounds to me like you are on the right track.

And don't pay attention to anyone flaming you about your set-up or gear.
  • inkorporated
    inkorporated
    ✭✭
    seems it saved my ass...
    https://youtu.be/XPYdIA7EB58
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    as much as your probably going to get flamed lemme actually try to be constructive.

mitigation is key.

no not actual damage mitigation but doing things to avoid the damage before it even has to take your various stats into account.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast
    bunny hoping. . . .OH WAIT THIS DOES NOTHING ITS JUST THE FORTNIGHT KIDDIES, don't do this, you will look dumb.
    employing skills that eat or block attacks (not blocking)
    having lots of various heals going

etc. your mitigation / crit resist / health is your last line of defense, so is blocking as it slows you to a crawl. its important to be able to do just about all of this on the same character.

and yes tanks are dead, if ZOS has not made it clear enough let me tell you, they don't want you to eat damage, they don't find it fun, they are actively trying to kill it. mass defiles, oblivion damage, siege ignoring mitigation, etc. the only tank builds that work are the troll tank builds that have like 50k+ hp and do nothing.

that said its important to have enough mitigation stat wise to eat a NB or sorc burst and recover as those don't really have counter play other then to have the stats.

I know all about damage mitigation , from roll dodge to tree hugging :)

Was just sick with all procs and broken ulti out there , just wanted to live one more day

So , my point again , high stats want save you , those broken skill , procs hit hard

So umm, what procs are you talking about? Looks like what killed you was eating 8 ticks of soul assault. You know you can block that, right?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much damage in pvp right now. Obviously bleeds and sloads being stackable and ignoring pretty much everything is stupid and if just 2 players stack them on you then your gonna melt unless you are built for insane heals.

Having hi resistances, crit res, hp ect is all good for survival ( and obviously skill is the best way to survive) but healing is so important. You can have 100k hp and 50k res, your still going to die really fast without healing. As long as you are healing more than your being damaged and can survive a burst then you can stay alive very well with using block, roll and los.

When I was learning pvp I admit I thought soul assault was op, it hits insanely hard. In 1vx it can be devastating because if you get stunned as it is cast then by time you break free and try to lose line of sight your probably already dead. Best thing to do is stay close to objects you can quickly move around.

Also one of the best ways to fight a soul assault user it to go offensive right when they use the ult. When using soul assault they are snared and can't cast anything or defend themselves for 3.5 seconds. Most people will use it when your already low hp to pressure you and finish you off, so I like to stay very defensive against people who use it to force them to use it when my hp is still high, so I can press vigor to outheal some of the damage and just unload full burst and it works 99% of the time.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on August 3, 2018 9:23PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That soul assault damage is REALLY low roflmao.

My soul assault hits for 4-5k on most targets. You took like half the damage. Imagine if you had been able to LOS properly.

Just remember if you see multiple enemies headed toward you...go to the "spot" you have previously dedicated to LOS humping.

Doesn't matter what the build, open field against multiple enemies your going to blow up. Just depends on blowing up after one second or three. LOS will save ur bacon. Give ur hots and other heals a chance to work
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use spear shards to even the odds
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    There is so much damage in pvp right now. Obviously bleeds and sloads being stackable and ignoring pretty much everything is stupid and if just 2 players stack them on you then your gonna melt unless you are built for insane heals.

Having hi resistances, crit res, hp ect is all good for survival ( and obviously skill is the best way to survive) but healing is so important. You can have 100k hp and 50k res, your still going to die really fast without healing. As long as you are healing more than your being damaged and can survive a burst then you can stay alive very well with using block, roll and los.

When I was learning pvp I admit I thought soul assault was op, it hits insanely hard. In 1vx it can be devastating because if you get stunned as it is cast then by time you break free and try to lose line of sight your probably already dead. Best thing to do is stay close to objects you can quickly move around.

Also one of the best ways to fight a soul assault user it to go offensive right when they use the ult. When using soul assault they are snared and can't cast anything or defend themselves for 3.5 seconds. Most people will use it when your already low hp to pressure you and finish you off, so I like to stay very defensive against people who use it to force them to use it when my hp is still high, so I can press vigor to outheal some of the damage and just unload full burst and it works 99% of the time.

My point again and again and again (don't know how to explain myself maybe)

If those skills hit like that on high resist build , how they hit on regular build
    I got 13k OL hit , others got 18k - this is broken imo

https://imgur.com/a/UF3Wx26

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If those skills hit like that on high resist build , how they hit on regular build

Well if you really look at the recap, the same player hit you with an overload and it only did 6k ish damage.

The last one did 13.

Thiis could be caused by a few things. Was the first one not empowered? That's 2kish damage. I don't see any crit resistance numbers, so in CP that can be as much as something like +75%. Is he running bloodthirsty? It's possible, but not probable.

But you can see the 13k is clearly not the norm, the 6k is
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 4, 2018 10:54PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reisist builds and as you say regular builds play very differently. Build's with high resists usually have less damage and focus on staying in the fight to pressure enemies and being able to survive long enough to get kills. Where medium more squishy higher damage setups want to play a hit and run style, that is more high risk high reward gameplay and if your not playing decently tanky you will have to learn how to los really well and timing block and dodge perfectly.

But look you can't always live. I have a mega tanky build and I even die in seconds sometimes. Overload light attack in my opinion is just broken, sucks in 1v1 and is op in pretty much everything else as whatevers aimed at has to waste their entire stam pool blocking/dodging it or just die in 2 hits. It's badly designed. But yeah sometimes your just going to be taking way too much damage to live, no matter what build your running.

Edited by Crixus8000 on August 4, 2018 11:40PM
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Zos honestly incompetent asf dont expect much.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn endless fury OP!!
    Pls nerf
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4K crit resist is too much.

Respectfully disagree.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    4K crit resist is too much.

Respectfully disagree.

4k is -.6

In CP everyone has at least +10% from the tree

A few classes already surpass 1.5 via passives.

So I gotta agree, 4k isn't too much, it really will all be used in CP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds