The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High crit resist , high resist , high hp - wont save you

Avnr
Avnr
✭✭✭
4k crit resist , 32k resist , 31k HP , 18k stamina... all that for nothing

https://imgur.com/YPbjUKr
that was nice 6 sec fight , in my own keep
have a lot more pics , no point to share we all know how pvp atm.

no point invest on gear , go full offense.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol qq
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes radiant does low damage.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOS dude. Pop vigor, roll dodge, block, go around those pillars or down the stairs. Hell with 31k HP you should easily survive a jump. Also 18k Stam? How do you function like that. You took so much damage straight to the face.
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I smell a zergbad xD
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/UF3Wx26

Overload :)

zaan anyone?
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course if you don’t know what you’re doing, you could have that but a glass cannon medium build will appear more tanky if they know what they’re doing.
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you took a full soul assault in the face? Stop doing that, and it will get better :)

How?;
    Vapirko wrote: »
    LOS dude. Pop vigor, roll dodge, block, go around those pillars or down the stairs. Hell with 31k HP you should easily survive a jump. Also 18k Stam? How do you function like that. You took so much damage straight to the face.

PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »

Did your L2 button break?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Of course if you don’t know what you’re doing, you could have that but a glass cannon medium build will appear more tanky if they know what they’re doing.

I'm doing very well in pvp
    Just those broken procs and broken ulti… ruin good fight always
    Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭

+

that my point to all who new to pvp
    high resist + high hp want save you , better invest glass cannon build like you mentioned.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as much as your probably going to get flamed lemme actually try to be constructive.

mitigation is key.

no not actual damage mitigation but doing things to avoid the damage before it even has to take your various stats into account.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast
    bunny hoping. . . .OH WAIT THIS DOES NOTHING ITS JUST THE FORTNIGHT KIDDIES, don't do this, you will look dumb.
    employing skills that eat or block attacks (not blocking)
    having lots of various heals going

etc. your mitigation / crit resist / health is your last line of defense, so is blocking as it slows you to a crawl. its important to be able to do just about all of this on the same character.

and yes tanks are dead, if ZOS has not made it clear enough let me tell you, they don't want you to eat damage, they don't find it fun, they are actively trying to kill it. mass defiles, oblivion damage, siege ignoring mitigation, etc. the only tank builds that work are the troll tank builds that have like 50k+ hp and do nothing.

that said its important to have enough mitigation stat wise to eat a NB or sorc burst and recover as those don't really have counter play other then to have the stats.
    Edited by Wing on July 29, 2018 8:42PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    as much as your probably going to get flamed lemme actually try to be constructive.

mitigation is key.

no not actual damage mitigation but doing things to avoid the damage before it even has to take your various stats into account.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast
    bunny hoping. . . .OH WAIT THIS DOES NOTHING ITS JUST THE FORTNIGHT KIDDIES, don't do this, you will look dumb.

etc. your mitigation / crit resist / health is your last line of defense, so is blocking as it slows you to a crawl. its important to be able to do just about all of this on the same character.

and yes tanks are dead, if ZOS has not made it clear enough let me tell you, they don't want you to eat damage, they don't find it fun, they are actively trying to kill it. mass defiles, oblivion damage, siege ignoring mitigation, etc. the only tank builds that work are the troll tank builds that have like 50k+ hp and do nothing.

that said its important to have enough mitigation stat wise to eat a NB or sorc burst and recover as those don't really have counter play other then to have the stats.

I know all about damage mitigation , from roll dodge to tree hugging :)

Was just sick with all procs and broken ulti out there , just wanted to live one more day

So , my point again , high stats want save you , those broken skill , procs hit hard
    Edited by Avnr on July 29, 2018 8:51PM
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are obviously being focused by three players as well. I'm guessing that by you being on top of the wall you were unable to los or break that 17k soul assualt and they had you at execute range
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mitigation is key.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast

Was just sick with all procs and broken ulti out there , just wanted to live one more day

So , my point again , high stats want save you , those broken skill , procs hit hard

Dude, you don't even have 1 proc on your screen, those are all skills and an ultimate. You got beat, really easily it seems, but it doesn't mean mitigation is useless. I'd love to see you on a full glass cannon build crying about that same kill screen, but instead of 6 seconds it took 4, and instead of 3 players bc it took 2.

Watch your footage and see where you could have changed your play to do better. L2p.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is going to save you in PVP. You could be the best player, and you will still die.

Nevertheless, if you are learning to PVP, those things will help you live long enough to learn something before you die.

When I was learning to PVP as a healer, I wore heavy armor Plague Doctor. I still died, but I lived long enough to develop battle field awareness and some knowledge of what worked and what didn't. Now, I PVP heal in light armor and I do even better thanks to that battlefield awareness and practice I got from paying attention while I ran around in tankier gear.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one dies after n PvP ... They are reborn to correct the last mistake they made ... For some it can be like groundhog Day
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is tooltipped at 30.5k damage. You mitigated some of it, but it's a 3.5 second channel. Don't stand still for 3.5 seconds, maybe?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give us your class and build so we can give you a proper advice and you'll get better (unless thats not what youre here for).

I assume youre a magicka player (if not, 18k stamina is laughable). You can use damage shields and Mist Form as hard defense against Soul Assault.

Dragonknights have Dragonblood, Flame leash and Battle Roar

Nightblades have several DOT skills and can cloak after 2.5 seconds

Sorcerers have Surge and the best damage shield Hardened Ward

Templars have good self-healing

These are all defensive measures. Alternatively, you can go all out and attack your enemy instead since he's snared cant do anything else while casting Soul Assault
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 30, 2018 4:41PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Hoo I see some magden still out there in Cyro!!!

deep fissure debuffed you also before the assault
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mitigation is key.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast

Dude, you don't even have 1 proc on your screen, those are all skills and an ultimate. You got beat, really easily it seems, but it doesn't mean mitigation is useless. I'd love to see you on a full glass cannon build crying about that same kill screen, but instead of 6 seconds it took 4, and instead of 3 players bc it took 2.

Watch your footage and see where you could have changed your play to do better. L2p.

if you use the dmg mitigation calculator in another, more famous, thread, you'll find (outside of major protection, mist form or block) all builds have similar 50-70% total mitigation once battlespirit kicks in and after armor debuffs. After that, I agree, is a L2P issue or your build doesn't have the sustain/damage to handle all that pressure.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

mitigation is key.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast

if you use the dmg mitigation calculator in another, more famous, thread, you'll find (outside of major protection, mist form or block) all builds have similar 50-70% total mitigation once battlespirit kicks in and after armor debuffs. After that, I agree, is a L2P issue or your build doesn't have the sustain/damage to handle all that pressure.

@Minno

Will add battlespirit next time i'm off for ya :wink: Also yea, most people have a lot of mitigation as it is, but when outnumbered in PvP it will not matter, DoT, Ulti and ability stacking can burn you to a fine powered pile of ash in seconds. Few things can get you out of situations like that, and some of those things will weaken your offensive capabilities to the point of uselessness. Nothing can ever truly save you from everything in PvP, only delay the inevitable.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

mitigation is key.

roll dodge
    line of site
    being fast

@Minno

Will add battlespirit next time i'm off for ya :wink: Also yea, most people have a lot of mitigation as it is, but when outnumbered in PvP it will not matter, DoT, Ulti and ability stacking can burn you to a fine powered pile of ash in seconds. Few things can get you out of situations like that, and some of those things will weaken your offensive capabilities to the point of uselessness. Nothing can ever truly save you from everything in PvP, only delay the inevitable.

thanks! Don't forget to add penetration so we don't have to force newbies to do some math lol

Speed+Sustain will save your butt more; assuming you can LOS during lag lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't even a sloads on the recap, just skills n ulti use lol.

So in all you're right. High resist and hp will not save you. QQ l2p
    Edited by jaime1982 on July 30, 2018 5:22PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+

that my point to all who new to pvp
    high resist + high hp want save you , better invest glass cannon build like you mentioned.

You are right that it will not save you if you do not try to save yourself.

To help with understanding what I mean I add this quote for reference.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know if you know this, but the best way to avoid damage is to either not get hit, shield, or block. If you are going for a tank build, you should be able to do all three of those things. Even if not, you had better be able to do at least two or you're going to die very quickly when you encounter anyone that isn't an idiot. Stacking resist and crit resist is only good to reduce damage when you are not rolling, blocking, or shielding unless you have enough healing to flat-out tank the damage of your opponent (which will rarely ever be the case, because if you do you won't kill anyone).

For soul assault, defending against it is quite simple:

take 2 ticks -> heal -> block -> 2 ticks -> heal -> block at the end if facing templar or warden, roll if facning a NB, heal if facing a sorc since someone will probably spam execute after

Magic build?

Even easier... take 1-2 ticks (depending on your hp) -> shield -> ward -> ward -> block towards last tick -> ward OR just spam ward if you have magicka and don't care about burning it

The problem is, with only 18K stamina you aren't going to be doing any of this and are easy prey. I have no idea what you are built towards or what sets you use, but your build won't be able to handle anyone with a brain. The first thing anyone does in a battle should be figuring out whether you are stam or mag (or a hybrid) and what skills you have (if the battle takes longer). Once someone does that against you and figures out you only have 18K stam, you are done.
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With 18K stamina, he can't afford to block. Those beams ate up his stamina.

Don't block beams!

That being said, Soul Assault needs to be interruptible or dodgable. It's incredibly OP against medium armor.
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simple:

take 2 ticks -> heal -> block -> 2 ticks -> heal -> block at the end if facing templar or warden, roll if facning a NB, heal if facing a sorc since someone will probably spam execute after

frabz-you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-c96aff.jpg?w=662
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your CP distribution? 4K crit resist is too much.

3300 is all you really should shoot for, so I'm thinking that you don't have enough mitigation coming from elemental defender and thick-skinned.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your damage and therefore healing are low. If you get more damage by making more efficient build decisions then the amount of defense you have available becomes more meaningful.
    Options
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you build glass cannon with out knowing what you are doing I can guarantee you will get blown up in seconds.

These "unkillable high damage builds" don't exist. People who say this stuff don't know how to play and rather then learn; blame game mechanics for their failure.

I have 10k physical resistance and 15k magic resistance on my templar and I can comfortable cut threw 3-4 average players. I'm far from unkillable. If I jumped to fight 2 even remotely competent players I'd get cut down in seconds.

Learn the mechanics. Learn yo LoS and kite. Stretch players out and pick them off 1 by one. Save your ult for players you can just out right kill. Thats how you win fights. Builds are only 60% of a character the other 40% is mechanical skill.

Watch this and notice how I use game mechanice and potions to keep my self alive while out numbered.

https://youtu.be/2AniicyEpPA
    Edited by Animus-ESO on July 31, 2018 1:48AM
    Dude Where's My Guar?
    Options