Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cryomancer 2.0 - Warden BG Build - Updated

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the Healthden build I've been running and working on.
Officially Deathmatch Leaderboard Build

About the Build: I've always wanted a winterborn tank. Just took me years and about 100 MA completes to get my jewelry. The basic idea is to use sets that to deal damage allowing the build to ignore damage stats. Then using abilities purely for utility and survival. It's an incredibly fun build to use!

Shout outs to: @Lexxypwns @raasdal @Thogard @Minno @JackDaniell @Beardimus @paulsimonps you all help me be a better player

No CP stats:
Buffed by Betty Netch and Bird of Prey only
No Undaunted passives

Staff
HRPKFA1.png

SnB
cYrHSLQ.png

New Shorter Gameplay Video
https://youtu.be/LaBjaqnkBfY

The build:
Winterborn x5
Impregnable x5
Skoria x2

x5 heavy, x2 light (can change if you some how get frost winterborn staff)

x4 Tri Stat Glyphs (x2 small, x2 large)
x2 Magicka Glyphs (x2 small)
x1/x2 Health Glyph(s) (x1 Large x1 Shield)

Armor Traits:
x2 impenetrable
x4 sturdy
x1 Divine

Winterborn Jewelry
Swift x2
Arcane x1

x3 Magicka Regen glyphs

Weapons:
Frost Staff - infused - Oblivion damage glyph
SnB - Health glyph - Defending 1h Weapon - Sturdy Shield -Double Damage Poison

Mundus
The Serpent Mundus

This character is a Nord.

Food:
Jewels of Misrule (Bear Haunch if you can afford it)

Abilities:
Frost bar: Shimmering Shield, Betty Netch, Blockade, Spiked Bone Shield, and Destructive Reach Ultimate: Permafrost

SnB: Bird of Prey, Leaching Vines, Gripping Shards, Artic Blast, and Reverberating Bash Ultimate: Healing Thicket

Any questions? Feel free to ask! Also looking for any advice or thoughts!

Original Video:
https://youtu.be/tYvGjiKwAMg

yQCnDJE.jpg
Edited by Waffennacht on August 2, 2018 8:54AM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Put resource poison, or prismatic on your back bar. Oblivion front will continue to proc of ele wall when you are in back bar. 2x obliv is not needed.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't mention the very specific bug/exploit associated with this setup. Can't watch vid now, but do you mention it in the vid?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard I haven't heard of any bug, nor have I seen one I can think of.

I don't have the capability to do any kind of voice recording...that I know of, there maybe a way if I were to make a video via the Xbox directly?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. Now that you know what to look for, If that isn’t true on console please let me know.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, that’s a cool build. My mind is blown right now. I was totally unaware that this had the potential to be so successful with so little max mag/stam. I recently played in a BG (on Xbox) and had a really tough time against a frost warden. I really thought I was going to see my gt (ThePhatLard) on the losing side of a fight in one of your clips. Well done. I hope you’ll share more clips of your char once more developed.

I think zaan could be a huge boon to your character. It’s tough to make it work but is a cheesy way to potentially get huge damage- especially with all the CC you’re doing.

Also, if you stick with torugs and put a different glyph on your snb bar, I suggest a shock glyph. The vulnerability that concussion status effect produces is devastating and you’re already applying the chilled status effect plenty on your char.

@ak_pvp Do enchants and poisons fire from a “shield” skill auch as reverb bash? Do any of y’all know?

Much props.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used Winterborn for quite some time on my magicka warden together with overwhelming surge and skoria. Worked amazing.
    Not super efficent but really fun to play :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    Damn, that’s a cool build. My mind is blown right now. I was totally unaware that this had the potential to be so successful with so little max mag/stam. I recently played in a BG (on Xbox) and had a really tough time against a frost warden. I really thought I was going to see my gt (ThePhatLard) on the losing side of a fight in one of your clips. Well done. I hope you’ll share more clips of your char once more developed.

I think zaan could be a huge boon to your character. It’s tough to make it work but is a cheesy way to potentially get huge damage- especially with all the CC you’re doing.

Also, if you stick with torugs and put a different glyph on your snb bar, I suggest a shock glyph. The vulnerability that concussion status effect produces is devastating and you’re already applying the chilled status effect plenty on your char.

@ak_pvp Do enchants and poisons fire from a “shield” skill auch as reverb bash? Do any of y’all know?

Much props.

They do fire off of reverb etc

Zaan would be a very strong choice, but after grinding MA 100 times I don't feel like grinding anything any time soon lol. (Need either frost staff or heavy helm)

Swift x2 also may be happening when I get more transmutation stones

In about 8 hours (at work so I can only hope) this build will officially be a Death match Leaderboard Build (112500 current score)

Lightning, Disease, Frost, and Magicka return glyphs are all tempting to use (to replace my back bar glyph) same with Magicka drain poisons

The low mag pool I can feel at times (why I'm gonna adjust that)

Gotta say, it's a ton of fun to use

Edit: BTW doesn't that costume look dope?!
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 29, 2018 4:11PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭

Zaan would be a very strong choice, but after grinding MA 100 times I don't feel like grinding anything any time soon lol. (Need either frost staff or heavy helm)

In about 8 hours (at work so I can only hope) this build will officially be a Death match Leaderboard Build (112500 current score)

Lightning, Disease, Frost, and Magicka return glyphs are all tempting to use (to replace my back bar glyph) same with Magicka drain poisons

Freaking awesome costume. First thing I noticed. What is it?

As far as weapon glyphs go, I would only stay away from a frost glyph, unless you just want it to go with the theme of the build. You’re procc’ng the frost status effect plenty from all your skills. Every other glyph would give you a significant increase in performance. Also, does torugs improve poisons also? Or would you switch to sloads if you used poisons?

Zaan isn’t hard to farm. I only have 19k dps on my pve magsorc build and I was able to farm it pretty easily. I will help you if you want and would give you the zaan visage if I get it. We just need people who know the mechanics.

My dps is embarrassing but I don’t really care much about end-game pve, only pvp. Never done much to improve at PvE content.

I feel you on not wanting to grind after running MA 100 times. I refuse to try to grind a dungeon for a specific weapon, unless it’s a special set-piece and then only MAYBE. But scalecaller vet really is pretty easy on non-hard-mode.

Also, you might benefit from trying a clockwork city filet for extra magic or orzorgas bear haunch for extra health recovery. With the filet, you would lose stam recovery but could maybe handle it. The bear haunch gives you enerything jewels of misrule gives, but extra health recovery.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    You didn't mention the very specific bug/exploit associated with this setup. Can't watch vid now, but do you mention it in the vid?

I don't know if there are any active bugs, but winterborn [REDACTED]
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 30, 2018 10:10AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: are you ultimates worth anything with low max stats?
    Unique build, points for creativity.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »

Freaking awesome costume. First thing I noticed. What is it?

As far as weapon glyphs go, I would only stay away from a frost glyph, unless you just want it to go with the theme of the build. You’re procc’ng the frost status effect plenty from all your skills. Every other glyph would give you a significant increase in performance. Also, does torugs improve poisons also? Or would you switch to sloads if you used poisons?

Zaan isn’t hard to farm. I only have 19k dps on my pve magsorc build and I was able to farm it pretty easily. I will help you if you want and would give you the zaan visage if I get it. We just need people who know the mechanics.

My dps is embarrassing but I don’t really care much about end-game pve, only pvp. Never done much to improve at PvE content.

I feel you on not wanting to grind after running MA 100 times. I refuse to try to grind a dungeon for a specific weapon, unless it’s a special set-piece and then only MAYBE. But scalecaller vet really is pretty easy on non-hard-mode.

Also, you might benefit from trying a clockwork city filet for extra magic or orzorgas bear haunch for extra health recovery. With the filet, you would lose stam recovery but could maybe handle it. The bear haunch gives you enerything jewels of misrule gives, but extra health recovery.

It's custom lol,

Work cult med helm
    EP heavy chest
    Dwemer shoulder
    Can't remember hands
    Glass heavy feet
    Ancient orc heavy legs
    Belt... Anything lmfao
    Question: are you ultimates worth anything with low max stats?
    Unique build, points for creativity.

Permafrost does something, it has a little above 2k Tooltip (which makes it one of the higher tooltips for the build lol) but the abilities are all about utility

Forest is more like a light hit and major mending proc - if I could come up with a different ult there I would, but shield wall is meh from my testing - always used it too late lol

Thank :)
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

I don't know if there are any active bugs, but winterborn ignores snare resistance.

Just heard of this today. Very hard to see/test on console, but like I told thogard after a 100 runs of Maelstrom, I'm running winterborn lmfao
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 30, 2018 12:49AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Any reason to run VMA ice staff or master ice staff?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    @Waffennacht Any reason to run VMA ice staff or master ice staff?

@Mister_DMC Both will add damage, and allow you to run poisons but I would replace Torug if you wanna go that way

@raasdal and I were talking about an earlier version of the build, and those would be really good choices.

The earlier version ran Doyle x3/x5 with SnB being the x5 (idea is to Permafrost, gripping, reach, chill proc, or entrapment poison + heavy attack) it does work - however I wanted a way to deal with Shields/mitigation but didn't want sloads so I ran with Torug.

So that idea, or a similar one (such as running Torug, or Doyle or any one bar set) the vMA staff or master staff would pair wonderfully

Another version is replacing Torug with Durok's (again too cheese for my taste)

Torug replacement sets: Sload, Durok's, Doyle, Pariah, Reactive, Plague Doctor, Permafrost, Shacklebreaker - damage, mitigation, or sustain)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht K cool, I've talked to Jack before about building an Ice warden. Even went so far as to make my Stam warden an Argonian with the name The-Wind-of-Winter. Luckily I've been saving the 7 gold VMA ice staves for something and a full gold set of Winterborn as well, all those VMA weekly rewards lol.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht K cool, I've talked to Jack before about building an Ice warden. Even went so far as to make my Stam warden an Argonian with the name The-Wind-of-Winter. Luckily I've been saving the 7 gold VMA ice staves for something and a full gold set of Winterborn as well, all those VMA weekly rewards lol.

Very nice. I'm jealous.

I'm waiting for wolfhunter to upgrade my set to gold. Let me know what you think, I may try to get a frost vMA staff (Master's needs a group and I doubt I could get one and I'm completely unfamiliar with Dragon Star Arena - that's where you get Master's right?). As mostly mag player I have only Stam vMA weapons lol

Love the name btw.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht I'm surprised for such a long time player you haven't done DSA. If you were on ps4 I'd walk you through it, if you can beat VMA then Vdsa is fine as long as you've got a solid tank. That's why I prefer to tank it.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This plays exactly how the old blazing shield templars used to play!

Good stuff!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    mmh when i see builds like this i almost immediately think about putting swarm mother on it
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Siliziumdioxid that's an interesting idea. I think for such an idea I'd try something like, winterborn, heavy impregnable sturdy and swarm mother

Then you could block effectively - triggering swarm

You could bar swap from frost to SnB when resources call for it.

Would need to change glyphs on jewelry

I currently run swift in lue of a gap closer, I would definitely keep at least 1 swift, and now I wanna test protective too - your idea would definitely like that

I would consider changing blue betty into bull... Tho you can use Betty to Regen Magicka while blocking on frost staff

If you could solve any resource constraints, you got yourself a very solid build.

I'll probably test something like this out
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Super interesting build! especially enjoyin it as I'm leveling my frost mag den theses days.

And what about ice hearts monster set to synergize with all the frost dommage?
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would
    1. swap skoria for bloodspawn
    2. Swap frost clench for ele drain
    3. Swap reverb for aoe defile skill
    4. Swap torugs for impreg and just stack impen 1k cp all body
    5. Infused pot cost reduction trait/enchants on 3x
    6. Expedition lingering pots/immov speed Stam/tri pots/major vitality lingering pots
    21sec pot time and use that as your sustain
    7. Infused ice staff with absorb mag enchant
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    I would
    6. Expedition lingering pots/immov speed Stam/tri pots/major vitality lingering pots

Interesting! and would you stay in 5/1/1 heavy or go 5 light with this setup?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would

Your idea has better sustain and better defense but loses hard CC and over half of it's damage capabilities.

This idea seems great for a premade group build.

Personally I always PuG and love killing opponents. I think your idea just doesn't have enough damage for my tastes.

Though some of your ideas I can implement and will try :)
    Volckodav wrote: »
    Super interesting build! especially enjoyin it as I'm leveling my frost mag den theses days.

I kinda hate ice heart lmfao. The shield won't last at all therefore won't give you any damage. The shield size is meh.

Skoria/Zaan is pretty necessary for reliable damage, I would also consider grothdarr if I couldn't have either of the first two.

The build has 0 burst damage without the proc sets. If you drop them, you either need to change a lot or become a superb group tank imo
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 30, 2018 9:12PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    I would

Your idea has better sustain and better defense but loses hard CC and over half of it's damage capabilities.

Personally I always PuG and love killing opponents. I think your idea just doesn't have enough damage for my tastes.

I kinda hate ice heart lmfao. The shield won't last at all therefore won't give you any damage. The shield size is meh.

Skoria/Zaan is pretty necessary for reliable damage, I would also consider grothdarr if I couldn't have either of the first two.

The build has 0 burst damage without the proc sets. If you drop them, you either need to change a lot or become a superb group tank imo

completely make sense, and from my testing with my magDK Grodaar is slightly better, especially if you can CC a lot your opponent, but yes skoria/zaan a always Bis.
    Just imo I dont like the cooldown on zaan and only mono target.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would

What about something like Magicka Furnace on the sword and board back bar. Never tried the set but in BG's when you are reliably taking Melee damage constantly it sounds kinda op.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm or overwhelming surge
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overwhelming is a great set.

Would better to be a Magden with overwhelming because it's light armor, so either winterborn + overwhelming light Magden or overwhelming + heavy and would need to be tweaked to better accommodate overwhelming
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm good point
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

Overwhelming is a great set.

Would better to be a Magden with overwhelming because it's light armor, so either winterborn + overwhelming light Magden or overwhelming + heavy and would need to be tweaked to better accommodate overwhelming

I will try winterborn + overwhelming + grodaar very soon myself and tell you how it perform :)
    Edited by Volckodav on July 31, 2018 4:10PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been testing impreg instead of Torug. Rather enjoy it, seems really good. I gotta transmute and upgrade but I'm thinking it's the way to go
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds