The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cryomancer 2.0 - Warden BG Build - Updated

• callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    This is what I’m thinking for that ^^ build:

Vanguard’s Ice Staff (Decisive), Chest, Legs and Feet

Impregnable Jewelry (some combination of Triune and protective trait), waist (light) and gloves (medium)

Willpower or Maelstrom Resto staff back bar (Powered)

Monster set: Lord Warden, Thurvokun, Blood Spawn or Zaan - Heavy Armor

All Sturdy armor with tri-stat glyphs on big pieces, magicka on the small

Ice Staff Vanguard Bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Shimmering Shield, Bone Surge, Lotus Blossum, Permafrost

Resto Bar: Deceptive Predator, Mutagen, corrupting Pollen, Nature’s Embrace, Leeching Vines, Healing Thicket

Clockwork citrus filet

Mundus: Max Magicka or Spell Crit

Going for 35k health, about 28.5k magicka and 14.5k stam.

For more offensive output I could swap in skills like gripping shards and elemental blockade and use zaan

You should test it and let me know, also let me know if vanguard does or doesn't buff opponents' Oblivion damage.

I need that fillet

If you're Xbox I can send you any vanguard staff you need

Thanks! Yeah, the filet is great
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    callen4492 wrote: »
    This is what I’m thinking for that ^^ build:

Vanguard’s Ice Staff (Decisive), Chest, Legs and Feet

Impregnable Jewelry (some combination of Triune and protective trait), waist (light) and gloves (medium)

Willpower or Maelstrom Resto staff back bar (Powered)

Monster set: Lord Warden, Thurvokun, Blood Spawn or Zaan - Heavy Armor

All Sturdy armor with tri-stat glyphs on big pieces, magicka on the small

Ice Staff Vanguard Bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Shimmering Shield, Bone Surge, Lotus Blossum, Permafrost

Resto Bar: Deceptive Predator, Mutagen, corrupting Pollen, Nature’s Embrace, Leeching Vines, Healing Thicket

Clockwork citrus filet

Mundus: Max Magicka or Spell Crit

Going for 35k health, about 28.5k magicka and 14.5k stam.

For more offensive output I could swap in skills like gripping shards and elemental blockade and use zaan

You should test it and let me know, also let me know if vanguard does or doesn't buff opponents' Oblivion damage.

I need that fillet

If you're Xbox I can send you any vanguard staff you need

I've tested myself vanguard on my DK tank and you are taking really really hard damage with it, but i.e in my case if you pair up with a healer that completely make sense and you protecting everyone.
    Great set but in group only I would say.

Just try not to taunt everyone at once :)

Thanks for the tip. I imagine being pretty selective about who I taunt. As in, I would taunt players who are focusing my teammates and NEVER taunt them while theyre attacking me.

Also, with this build, I would be sort of a tank healer so I could hopefully take a huge beating myself and keep myself alive with my own heals while also healing teammates. I’m excited to see how it works.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might steal this build. I always wanted a reason to run a Nord!!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    I might steal this build. I always wanted a reason to run a Nord!!

Same but actually -6% damage Vs. regen of argnian + additional heal, hard to go for them if you only based your choice on paper.
    After I love Nord and Imperials for the lore, so you can do it for RP purpose, that also very legit.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After running a light armor frostden for several patches I'm ready to join the dark side and make my warden a healthden.

I'm gonna have to wait till this weekend to actually make this happen but the build I'm currently working is based on OP's original build w/ Torug's, with some minor changes here and there. If anyone is willing to take a look at the build and have any suggestions for improvements I'd appreciate it.

I'd love to fit Gripping Shards and Reverb Bash somewhere in there but I'm not sure how.
    Edited by ccmedaddy on September 11, 2018 10:53PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    After running a light armor frostden for several patches I'm ready to join the dark side and make my warden a healthden.

I'm gonna have to wait till this weekend to actually make this happen but the build I'm currently working is based on OP's original build w/ Torug's, with some minor changes here and there. If anyone is willing to take a look at the build and have any suggestions for improvements I'd appreciate it.

I'd love to fit Gripping Shards and Reverb Bash somewhere in there but I'm not sure how.

I'd say drop Elemental drain and corrupting pollen, pollen is harder to let go but if you have reverb you have a way to defile
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True. I'm just nervous about going without any burst heal on this build and relying on all these mediocre hots to survive, especially since I won't be running any defensive sets.

Maybe I should drop Torug's for Cyrodil's Crest or Impreg. But then I doubt I'll do enough damage to kill anyone in Cyrodil... ;_;
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. I'm just nervous about going without any burst heal on this build and relying on all these mediocre hots to survive, especially since I won't be running any defensive sets.

Maybe I should drop Torug's for Cyrodil's Crest or Impreg. But then I doubt I'll do enough damage to kill anyone in Cyrodil... ;_;

I think you should just try it out and see if it works or out. I like Torug too
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

Also I tried fortified brass on another char and was surprisingly happy how it goes, so as this is craftable you can also try it, with more survivability you can let go some healing and be a litle more bursty.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »

Also I tried fortified brass on another char and was surprisingly happy how it goes, so as this is craftable you can also try it, with more survivability you can let go some healing and be a litle more bursty.

I have brass in all sizes lol. I did try it, if I wanna go resistance Pariah is another option.

I actually made this character my PvE tank, it'll probably be a bit before I bring it back into PvP, definitely want to finish leveling undaunted
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did last night. I don't have Reverb Bash morphed yet so I ended up going with Corrupting Pollen instead, but did drop Ele Drain for Gripping Shards.

I'm disturbed by how effective it is lmao. Amazing against zergs, as expected, and surprisingly effective in 1v1 situations, especially against healbots that I would normally have trouble killing. Things just melt while standing on the WoE.

I struggled a bit with resource management, but I'm probably still going to drop vamp. I want to be tankier without having to give up Torug's for now.