The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cryomancer 2.0 - Warden BG Build - Updated

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironshoe7 wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @Waffennacht yeah I'm going to run valkyn skoria, green pact, and sloads on mine. Just need to get the green pact gear this weekend. The stats are insanity. ~39k health, 16k max magicka, 1400k stamina, 1700 mag regen, 1600 health regen, 1500 stam regen, 15k stamina regen... running 3 swift trait jewelry pieces and use elusive mist instead of bird of prey... its insanity

How are you getting all that recovery?

Smoked bear haunch, serpent mundus, 2 mag recovery glyphs, 1 stamina recovery glyph, green pact for health recovery, tri stat potion
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Great work @waffennacht !

Oblivion enchant seems out of place. Why not Frost enchant? Even more chance to chill and then immobilize. With no other source of oblivion, i dont see it being as useful as frost?

I need to get back to leveling my warden, so i can steal all your work ;)

Well if the Oblivion damage glyph continues to trigger after casting blockade/reach when I'm on SnB, that provides approximately 800 Oblivion damage per sec (much akin to sload)

It's the only counter to healing ward spam. Relying on the procs to get through Shields and kill a shield user seems rather difficult, the Oblivion damage offers pressure on shield users.

I also like it against DKs and that ult that reduces their damage taken

Fair enough.

But FYI, it does not proc on offbar. Elemental Blockade will proc the enchant / poison from you currently equipped weapon - NOT from the weapon that casted it.

Until Wolfhunter correct? Then it will, which I'm more prepping for :)

@Hutch679 are those stats CP or no CP? How do you feel about the upcoming sload changes?

I'm seriously considering vampire as well. Does swift affect mist form? Swift does not affect blocking movement speed unfortunately (at from what I can tell)

For me l, it would be green pact vs impreg, I'd have to get back to blocking less lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

Oblivion enchant seems out of place. Why not Frost enchant? Even more chance to chill and then immobilize. With no other source of oblivion, i dont see it being as useful as frost?

Well if the Oblivion damage glyph continues to trigger after casting blockade/reach when I'm on SnB, that provides approximately 800 Oblivion damage per sec (much akin to sload)

It's the only counter to healing ward spam. Relying on the procs to get through Shields and kill a shield user seems rather difficult, the Oblivion damage offers pressure on shield users.

Fair enough.

But FYI, it does not proc on offbar. Elemental Blockade will proc the enchant / poison from you currently equipped weapon - NOT from the weapon that casted it.

@Hutch679 are those stats CP or no CP? How do you feel about the upcoming sload changes?

I'm seriously considering vampire as well. Does swift affect mist form? Swift does not affect blocking movement speed unfortunately (at from what I can tell)

For me l, it would be green pact vs impreg, I'd have to get back to blocking less lol

Vampire with no cp damage reduction (if you are not dark elf) this is really harder to survive in BG...maybe consider accelerate instad of mist form?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough.

Cp. Not concerned. That 1 damage Rick went change much and the tank warden is up close and personnel so the projectile won't matter. Of anything the projectile only hurts ranged classes using sloads i.e. sorcs, stamblades using bow, mage blades
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough.

Oh yeah swift affects most form. Its RIDICULOUS.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do Winterborn rings drop from the last boss of VMA? I did seven runs this week and got zero so far, just wanted to make sure before I do it again.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Waffen, dunno how good your build is (I'm sure it is, just didn't watch vid yet). But your outfit is so badass, wow.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always thought about an ice build. Min-max mentality had always held me back.

That's it, converting the stamden. IceRP build for the luls
    Edited by Grimlok_S on August 5, 2018 6:46PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Do Winterborn rings drop from the last boss of VMA? I did seven runs this week and got zero so far, just wanted to make sure before I do it again.

I honestly don't know, I also have not had any drop on VMA.

I really want to say that they do, but it took me 100 or so runs of normal MA to get two rings.

I did get a necklace from VMA.
    Pijng wrote: »
    Waffen, dunno how good your build is (I'm sure it is, just didn't watch vid yet). But your outfit is so badass, wow.

Thanks a bunch! I would normally mention it, but fashion is a huge aspect of the game for me!
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Always thought about an ice build. Min-max mentality had always held me back.

That's it, converting the stamden. IceRP build for the luls

Also have wanted an ice build for years. Literally took me from Orsinium drop till now to finish winterborn jewelry. Of course the week after I get em the double drop event happens...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Ima let you finish but I’m just saying @JackDaniell made one of the greatest videos of all time
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Waffennacht Ima let you finish but I’m just saying @JackDaniell made one of the greatest videos of all time

@Lexxypwns like, in what way do you mean that? Like did it show something spectacular? Was it funny? Was the cinematography executed precisely? Was his art work involved? Did Morgan Freeman do a voice over?

Joking aside, whatcha mean?

I did see a snippet of his warden video, and it was Cyrodiil
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 5, 2018 9:00PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're having fun Waff, I'll see if I can drag myself into VMA again to put up some leaderboard runs for a chance at gold Winterborn jewellery
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns like, in what way do you mean that? Like did it show something spectacular? Was it funny? Was the cinematography executed precisely? Was his art work involved? Did Morgan Freeman do a voice over?

I did see a snippet of his warden video, and it was Cyrodiil and so I like kinda stopped paying attention

https://youtu.be/RvaakT52RjQ

You’re Ms. Swift in this scenario
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 5, 2018 8:41PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did see a snippet of his warden video, and it was Cyrodiil and so I like kinda stopped paying attention

https://youtu.be/RvaakT52RjQ

You’re Ms. Swift in this scenario

@Lexxypwns OMG I'm dying.

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Have you thought about using Vanguard’s challenge on your Healthden? It might be an interesting group utility back-bar set. Especially on an argonian
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    @Waffennacht Have you thought about using Vanguard’s challenge on your Healthden? It might be an interesting group utility back-bar set. Especially on an argonian

Interesting idea, I've probably deconned every piece I own tho lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my frostden build:

1. winterborn necklace / belt / glove / boot / legs
    2. pariah rings / ice staff / chest
    3. vMA ice staff back bar
    4. iceheart helm/shoulder

Back Bar: blockade / winter's revenge / ice fortress / lotus blossom / fissure
    Front Bar: Force Pulse / shimmering shield / blue netch / mist / trellis

dump your aoes and buff up. then front bar dmg while wearing pariah and healing via trellis, dot removal via netch, and ranged absorption via shimmering.

the only thing this build needs now - is a good player to pilot it.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    my frostden build:

dump your aoes and buff up. then front bar dmg while wearing pariah and healing via trellis, dot removal via netch, and ranged absorption via shimmering.

This is nice, but I made so many time VMA and never ever see a frost staff...
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Guys practical question related to this build:
    Is it frost enchant consider as ""direct damage with a Frost Damage ability"" ?
    same elemental weapon and force pusle with their frost component are they considered the same?
    To see if they can proc winterborn and ice furnace :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    same elemental weapon and force pusle with their frost component are they considered the same?

For the frost glyph I do believe so
    Force Pulse yes
    Elemental weapon is magic damage that procs a status effect; there is only fire damage when burning procs; concussion may have a small lightning tick iirc; but maim has no frost component afaik
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

For the frost glyph I do believe so
    Force Pulse yes
    Elemental weapon is magic damage that procs a status effect; there is only fire damage when burning procs; concussion may have a small lightning tick iirc; but maim has no frost component afaik

helpfull, thanks for the quick feedback!
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you struggle with the magicka recovery?
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpiderCultist I do/did, I'm working on a few things but haven't settled on anything so I haven't updated the build.

As is, yeah it's kinda annoying to have to manage resources as much as it does. However, the ideas I'm working on have no resource issues.

Just can't settle on a few sets. Torug, Sload, Pariah, Impreg are all solid choices also seeing if I can get tricky with a few ideas

there's also vampire options vs health regen options
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    or being an argonian :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or being an argonian :)

This is very true. Most of my characters are not optimised with race, and I'm not about to pay for a race change lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    my frostden build:

This is nice, but I made so many time VMA and never ever see a frost staff...

Meanwhile my brother has run vMA less than 10 times and already has 2 frost staves. Neither of which he wants. ZoS RNG hates us all :(
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭

Interesting idea, I've probably deconned every piece I own tho lol

I’m creating an Argonian Health/Magicka Warden PvP supertank/healer that is partially inspired by your Healthden and partially inspired by the fact that I got a decisive Vanguard Ice staff. That and I’ve never had a tank or healer in PvP, or Pv3E for that matter.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I’m thinking for that ^^ build:

Vanguard’s Ice Staff (Decisive), Chest, Legs and Feet

Impregnable Jewelry (some combination of Triune and protective trait), waist (light) and gloves (medium)

Willpower or Maelstrom Resto staff back bar (Powered)

Monster set: Lord Warden, Thurvokun, Blood Spawn or Zaan - Heavy Armor

All Sturdy armor with tri-stat glyphs on big pieces, magicka on the small

Ice Staff Vanguard Bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Shimmering Shield, Bone Surge, Lotus Blossum, Permafrost

Resto Bar: Deceptive Predator, Mutagen, corrupting Pollen, Nature’s Embrace, Leeching Vines, Healing Thicket

Clockwork citrus filet

Mundus: Max Magicka or Spell Crit

Going for 35k health, about 28.5k magicka and 14.5k stam.

For more offensive output I could swap in skills like gripping shards and elemental blockade and use zaan

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impregnable Jewelry (some combination of Triune and protective trait), waist (light) and gloves (medium)

Ice Staff Vanguard Bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Shimmering Shield, Bone Surge, Lotus Blossum, Permafrost

Resto Bar: Deceptive Predator, Mutagen, corrupting Pollen, Nature’s Embrace, Leeching Vines, Healing Thicket

Clockwork citrus filet

For more offensive output I could swap in skills like gripping shards and elemental blockade and use zaan

You should test it and let me know, also let me know if vanguard does or doesn't buff opponents' Oblivion damage.

I need that fillet

If you're Xbox I can send you any vanguard staff you need
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

Clockwork citrus filet

You should test it and let me know, also let me know if vanguard does or doesn't buff opponents' Oblivion damage.

I need that fillet

If you're Xbox I can send you any vanguard staff you need

I've tested myself vanguard on my DK tank and you are taking really really hard damage with it, but i.e in my case if you pair up with a healer that completely make sense and you protecting everyone.
    Great set but in group only I would say.

Just try not to taunt everyone at once :)