The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, finally hit 50 on my jewelry crafting...I'll start crafting some stuff tomorrow...

ended up needing to spend about 400k on platings to make sure I had enough mats for four or so epic pieces...

working on my yellow guys right now in cyro...

wasn't in very long on my magsorc, at my first keep defense froze pretty quickly, restarted and ported back in to another frozen screen, tried again and the entire second floor of the keep was now filled with enemies...moved a few steps and froze again...

yep, that'll test your desire to play...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 14, 2018 5:39AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing on XBOX1 NA for the past 2 weeks or so and the campaign imbalance is just as bad over there as it here unfortunately.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had fun playing my 3 yellow characters this weekend...it was weird though - one of my characters just couldn't earn any AP at all (mag warden)..it seemed whenever i logged on to that character i just kept freezing all the time and always seemed to be in the wrong place...

things went real smooth on my mag sorc and stamblade...stuff changes from time to time with the characters (gear, abilities, playstyle) - by and large though - they're just really simple to play...

i'm really hoping this week's patch fixes the freezing...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 16, 2018 3:13PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally had a chance to visit the wardrobe room in traitor's vault...

I've only done a few runs, but, nothing of real note yet...I've parked a few characters there, i don't farm as much as I used to (I have most of the in game junk I need :)) - and thankfully I can take a break from crafting for a while - so, I'll try to do a few runs on a few days this week...

still need a few thousand AP on some of my red and yellow characters - but, switching over to blue this week...

impending freezes aside, I'm looking forward to playing some of these characters...

finally got my magblade newly suited and booted (grothdarr, torug's pact, sload's)...

need to move my stam dk out of his crest of cyrodiil set...they're removing defile from the 5th set bonus...gonna stay in blood spawn and 7th - will probably just add a heavy set of hundings...he's a werewolf - always fun to play...

wanna, switch my stamplar out of his plague doctor, and keep his shacklebreaker and molag kena on...gonna give mechanical acuity a try...

talk about a sustain nightmare :#

he's also a werewolf...both my DC ww's are primarily set up as tanks/high health...I wanna see if I can change them more into killers (they already do pretty okay :p), and, still survive...

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few times over the weekend, I got killed by snipe, poison inject, light attack, snipe. It all hits at one time though. There’s no roll dodge, block, heal, anything. Just insta-dead. WTH is going on?

Then the freezes start happening,

Lame.

Is this rise of snipe spammers due to freezing? Maybe so.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    A few times over the weekend, I got killed by snipe, poison inject, light attack, snipe. It all hits at one time though. There’s no roll dodge, block, heal, anything. Just insta-dead. WTH is going on?

Then the freezes start happening,

Lame.

Is this rise of snipe spammers due to freezing? Maybe so.

there have been lots of times recently where the pvp experience hasn't been close to "competitive" (balance issues notwithstanding)...

trying to game around the lag and freezes is crazy frustrating...

sadly, I've started to become numb to it...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 16, 2018 4:39PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg us, sload us, freeze us we will continue.
    For the Pact!

;)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg us, sload us, freeze us we will continue.
    For the Pact!

;)

Time to name change to

Strawberry-Daiquiri.jpg?w=426
    It's a pretty good drink TBF, right up there with Pina Colada.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I give up, changing my name to Frozen Margarita.
    At least our leader got emp even if it didn't last through the AD early morning cap.

^Too late! lol
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire I saw you tonight in Cyrodiil! I did the “honor” emote when the yellow wave washed over you. Whenever I see one of the forum people in game I feel like Peter Griffin when they say the title of the movie in the movie.

https://youtu.be/F8mYLi3PGOc
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I stood there as long as I could when the yellow stampede did me in.
    I saw you as I lay there looking up at the sky. lol
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i woke early to help ad go on a double scroll run...

what's this about morning capping? is there a conspiracy that ad is the grand puppet master?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you joined it. :D
    Never fear EP will play the map again by afternoon AD will be pushed back.
    Never ending cycle for great AP.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 17, 2018 1:27PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just played for a couple of hours late last night...

amazingly enough - didn't freeze once...

mostly just fought around nikel and bleakers...trying to incorporate time freeze and deep thoughts in to my rotation...

time freeze is great for revealing stealthed enemies...just point to some nice quiet hiding spot atop a rock or along a wall and presto - bad guy revealed :p

not sure yet how well my sload's and torug's is working together...it's gonna take a while and some small scale action to figure out how well it works...

haven't pvp'd on my magblade for a couple of months...still getting comfortable again with his rotation and playstyle...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 17, 2018 4:59PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, my own fault for being stubborn and greedy...

hanging out on a hill outside the front door of chalman - just froze and restarted 4 times in a row...

did get the o-tick amazingly enough...

while just writing this - froze again...good night...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got killed by what must be the ultimate cheese build yet, a combo of Sload's and Viper's on the same guy.
    The two most infamous sets combined.
    gg devs!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Cyro looking after the maintenance? I really want to jump back in after being away due to the freezing past week or so.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has only been up a few minutes. lol
    And everybody will open their free crown crates first.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 18, 2018 1:45PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has only been up a few minutes. lol
    And everybody will open their free crown crates first.

But, pvp tho :'(

I'm thrustyyyyyyyyy
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 18, 2018 1:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.gif

i gots to know :)

so, by any chance - anyone lucky enough to be gaming at this moment (ugh, emails, paperwork and spreadsheets for me at the moment :( ) - and, any noticeable change to performance in cyrodiil?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better, but I will let you know when I get out of this loading screen...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in the July 6th thread in the General Forums section said they already froze again
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in the July 6th thread in the General Forums section said they already froze again

dang...I wish I could say I was surprised...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unable to log on for probably another 4 hours - so yeah, any confirmation that the freezing is resolved on PS4 would be good...
    PS4NA
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real test is going to be in a few hours when everyone gets on.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been pretty stable even with the whole yellow and blue server running over us.
    Just makes us madder! lmao
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm waiting until I get on tonight.

Tequila, how long did it take to patch?

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 20 min for me.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a blast doing some stress testing on my stam dk...

just took off crest of cyrodiil and replaced it with hundings (keeping blood spawn and 7th legion for now)...

also switched from 7 heavy to 5 heavy/2 medium...

they're getting ready to "change" the crest set, plus I had been wearing it for a while now...

took me a long time to get comfortable with my stam dk...tried making medium armor set ups work, but, was always way to squishy for how I liked to play the character (SnB and bow bars)...

finally got comfortable wearing all heavy, now I wanna see if I can up my damage, and in particular make his werewolf more lethal...

just transmuted his 2 7th legion rings to bloodthristy...

right now though I'm mostly focused on seeing just how much damage I can take - which means putting myself into some interesting situations :)

I'll start testing his werewolf out more tomorrow...

didn't play my DC characters much last campaign, actually the last few campaigns I've spent a lot less time overall in vivec...

was reminded as soon as I switched to this character it's always a sustain challenge for at least the first hour or so...

it gets better though once I get used to the different rotations I use for the character...
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    having a blast doing some stress testing on my stam dk...

just took off crest of cyrodiil and replaced it with hundings (keeping blood spawn and 7th legion for now)...

also switched from 7 heavy to 5 heavy/2 medium...

they're getting ready to "change" the crest set, plus I had been wearing it for a while now...

took me a long time to get comfortable with my stam dk...tried making medium armor set ups work, but, was always way to squishy for how I liked to play the character (SnB and bow bars)...

finally got comfortable wearing all heavy, now I wanna see if I can up my damage, and in particular make his werewolf more lethal...

just transmuted his 2 7th legion rings to bloodthristy...

right now though I'm mostly focused on seeing just how much damage I can take - which means putting myself into some interesting situations :)

I'll start testing his werewolf out more tomorrow...

didn't play my DC characters much last campaign, actually the last few campaigns I've spent a lot less time overall in vivec...

was reminded as soon as I switched to this character it's always a sustain challenge for at least the first hour or so...

it gets better though once I get used to the different rotations I use for the character...

Don't hear of many SnB/Bow builds but I'm interested in your build because I'm also a stam DK. Right now I've been trying out Alcast's Draugr/Shacklebreaker/Bloodspawn build but I don't like not having a bow. Maybe I'll switch out the 2H for a bow.
    PS4 NA