The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can We Get An Official Statement on Increased Crashes on Xbox?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just poked in....I’ll stay gone. You all have a lot of confidence in this developer whose yet to deliver on any long term stability resolution of any platform.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    Getting repeated crashes here on an XboxOne X. Happen when the game is first loading, before the spinning cube, and also on swapping characters. I get fewer if I reboot between plays, but the game was reliable before the last update.
  • RathiusGL
    RathiusGL
    Soul Shriven
    What is Internet provider and speed?
    Router brand and is firmware up to date?
    Have you power cycled your cable modem recently?
    Have you run a speed test lately to test latency?
    NAT Type if any?
    If you have access to a PC try to run a trace route to see if it’s your connection or The games servers is causing the problem or not. This info is very helpful.

You should provide the above when seeking help so the developers can pinpoint problems easier. TESO doesn’t crash or give me much latency on Xbox One X. Only issue I suffer from is Throne rooms FPS drops and random out of the blue FPS drops in odd locations. As for disconnects, you may need to reboot your Xbox One S or X systems if they lose sync with your router or cable modem for whatever reason.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RathiusGL wrote: »
    NAT Type if any?
    If you have access to a PC try to run a trace route to see if it’s your connection or The games servers is causing the problem or not. This info is very helpful.

You should provide the above when seeking help so the developers can pinpoint problems easier. TESO doesn’t crash or give me much latency on Xbox One X. Only issue I suffer from is Throne rooms FPS drops and random out of the blue FPS drops in odd locations. As for disconnects, you may need to reboot your Xbox One S or X systems if they lose sync with your router or cable modem for whatever reason.

I mean, those would be good tips if someone was losing connection to the server...

This thread is about crashing. When your screen freezes, there is a buzzing sound, and you are forced to the xbox dashboard. This is NOT a network error. I have spoken with two different microsoft reps who confirmed to me that a xbox crashes in this manner when it encounters a coding error.

I understand you are trying to help but this is so far from a network issue. If your game force closes to the dashboard it is not a network issue. Network issues take you back to the title screen. There is no way a network issue would force the game application to close. I appreciate what you are trying to do but the crashes in this thread are 1000% on ZoS and their bad code. Ive done every single possible network troubleshoot you can possibly think of since ive started playing this game and getting crashes. Ive spent countless hours on the phone with my ISP and i have even switched providers completely since i started playing the game 20 months ago and i still crash. Every. Single. Day. All my ports are opened, all of my stuff is up to date and i regularly power cycle everything. There is nothing i can do to fix these crashes and i get angry even now thinking about all those wasted hours on the phone with my ISP.
  • zigzagzen
    zigzagzen
    ✭✭
    OMG fix your darn game ZOS the frequent crashes are ridiculous and a waste of my ESO+
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crashed 6 times in the past 20 mins trying to defend our emp keep
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • RathiusGL
    RathiusGL
    Soul Shriven
    I do not crash at all whatsoever on my Xbox One X system.
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    NAT Type if any?

I mean, those would be good tips if someone was losing connection to the server...

This thread is about crashing. When your screen freezes, there is a buzzing sound, and you are forced to the xbox dashboard. This is NOT a network error. I have spoken with two different microsoft reps who confirmed to me that a xbox crashes in this manner when it encounters a coding error.

I understand you are trying to help but this is so far from a network issue. If your game force closes to the dashboard it is not a network issue. Network issues take you back to the title screen. There is no way a network issue would force the game application to close. I appreciate what you are trying to do but the crashes in this thread are 1000% on ZoS and their bad code. Ive done every single possible network troubleshoot you can possibly think of since ive started playing this game and getting crashes. Ive spent countless hours on the phone with my ISP and i have even switched providers completely since i started playing the game 20 months ago and i still crash. Every. Single. Day. All my ports are opened, all of my stuff is up to date and i regularly power cycle everything. There is nothing i can do to fix these crashes and i get angry even now thinking about all those wasted hours on the phone with my ISP.

My point is why am I not experiencing these crashes. Where do you experience these crashes exactly? ESO doesn’t always disconnect to menu screen. Summerset launch patch as you know forced crashes to dashboard or disconnects followed by a crash.

Yes it could be code related but from experience game code can misinterpret a weak or unstable connection and force a crash as well. As a former PC player and been playing on Xbox for awhile let’s just say you’re half right.

You can call an ISP all day and get bad information. ISPs love to blame everyone but themselves. This is when I wish Xbox One consoles had some sort of Network meter as you play online games to monitor whether your connection gets weak or stronger. I’m not talking about latency here. I’m talking your overall connection to Xbox Live and any game server to and from your ISP as a whole. If a backbone provider suffers then customers suffer huge performance and latency losses.

My initial post was me pointing out that posting you experience issue X or Y without providing steps to diagnose isn’t helpful so I used the obvious example to diagnose latency issues. You knew this but chose to ignore it and attempt to correct me. Nice try but I’m 100% right here.

Try as you might. ZOS isn’t obligated to answer either.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not crash at all whatsoever on my Xbox One X system.
    NAT Type if any?

My point is why am I not experiencing these crashes. Where do you experience these crashes exactly? ESO doesn’t always disconnect to menu screen. Summerset launch patch as you know forced crashes to dashboard or disconnects followed by a crash.

Yes it could be code related but from experience game code can misinterpret a weak or unstable connection and force a crash as well. As a former PC player and been playing on Xbox for awhile let’s just say you’re half right.

You can call an ISP all day and get bad information. ISPs love to blame everyone but themselves. This is when I wish Xbox One consoles had some sort of Network meter as you play online games to monitor whether your connection gets weak or stronger. I’m not talking about latency here. I’m talking your overall connection to Xbox Live and any game server to and from your ISP as a whole. If a backbone provider suffers then customers suffer huge performance and latency losses.

My initial post was me pointing out that posting you experience issue X or Y without providing steps to diagnose isn’t helpful so I used the obvious example to diagnose latency issues. You knew this but chose to ignore it and attempt to correct me. Nice try but I’m 100% right here.

Try as you might. ZOS isn’t obligated to answer either.

As to your first point I have an Xbox One X AND eso on a SSD and crash everyday so what console you have does not mean anything.

I expereince crashes everywhere. Could be in town in overland, could be running around collecting resources, in a trial. And I know I am not the only one, how can myself and my friend who are in a trial, one of us in sweden and one of us in the USA crash at the exact same time and have it be a network error? Come on.

No other game crashes like this for me. (this is key here so pay attention) I don't have any connection issues in any Xbox game. THIS is the only game i play that crashes. The FREE mmo TERA that I play has never crashed on me a single time.

Every single troubleshoot step you have posted above I have tried at one point or another since i started playing this game. None of them work. I have also been in multiple support ticket conversations where I have shared all of the info I have with ZoS and they tell me nothing. I've given them all the possible diagnosis information at some point or another over the last 2 years. What else am I supposed to do?

Just because your game doesn't crash doesn't mean that countless other people are not crashing all the time. Do you have any idea how much time in my ESO career has been spent waiting for someone who crashed in a trial or dungeon to log back into the game? Are ALL of us, all living in different parts of the world, all with different ISPs and set-ups all experiencing the same network issues? That is literally impossible. Summerset introduced a new time of freeze where your screen freezes but you can still hear chat and have to force close the game app yourself to fix it. THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. This thread was about the crashes that have been in the game since pre-summerset.

THIS IS A ZOS PROBLEM THIS IS AN ESO PROBLEM. Trying to blame us for a defective product is victim blaming.

I cannot stress this enough. If ESO experiences a NETWORK issue or error, you are bumped to the TITLE SCREEN. The crashes I am speaking of are the ones that freeze up the entire screen and force close the game and bring you all the way back to the xbox dashboard. Call 1800-4my-xbox and discuss this with them if you want. I've spent hours on the phone with them trying to get to the bottom of this issue. They told me i need to contact the developer as it is a coding error issue. That is from the people that made the console and know what causes different errors and crashes.

And no ZoS isn't obligated to answer but as human beings they are obligated to feel shame for giving their customers such a horrible finished product that performs nothing close to the AAA title it is supposed to be.

Instead of incorrectly telling people who have done countless hours of research and troubleshooting that their issues are their fault, you should just be grateful that you don't have to deal with these crashes because it is extremely infuriating that you cannot do anything about it. Like why would i ignore any troubleshooting ideas? this has been happening for two years. Don't you think I would've tried everything you suggested at this point? This journey has been long and arduous and clearly is at no signs of coming to an end any time soon.

@RathiusGL
    Edited by Apache_Kid on July 16, 2018 2:39PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    18th make or break day for ZOS! Well can't break it any worse
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

See the thing is, they are only going to try and fix the new freeze-crashes with summerset, the crashes that this thread was made for back in April, are the crashes where your screen freezes, there is a loud buzzing noise and you are forced back to the xbox dashboard. I highly doubt these ones will ever be fixed because I've been posting about these and making tickets about them forever and nothing ever gets done about them.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

See the thing is, they are only going to try and fix the new freeze-crashes with summerset, the crashes that this thread was made for back in April, are the crashes where your screen freezes, there is a loud buzzing noise and you are forced back to the xbox dashboard. I highly doubt these ones will ever be fixed because I've been posting about these and making tickets about them forever and nothing ever gets done about them.

I know id happy roll back before summerset even if it meant getting rid of it bit they won't as it will make the pvers cry
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know id happy roll back before summerset even if it meant getting rid of it bit they won't as it will make the pvers cry

Yeah i guess that is one way to look at it. Even with the other crashes it would be nice to not have to deal with the added issues summerset gave us. Just sucks that instead of fixing the stuff that has been broken forever they have to spend all of their time fixing the new problems they keep creating for themselves. Two steps forward four steps backwards.
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    I have the exact same problem – screen freezes and the annoying loud buzzing noise which lasts for around 10 seconds and then goes back to xbox dashboard. I do not remember when that started, it’s like I have this problem from the beginning (not sure though, but it is more than a year and a half with sure). I can’t connect this issue with a particular place or time. It appears randomly – in dungeons, in my house, overland – just everywhere. It happens every day at least 7-8 times, sometimes 3-4 times in half an hour, sometimes once per 4 hours of play. I also can confirm this is a different issue from connection problems, because when they happen it goes at the menu screen (not dashboard and no buzzing sound), usually with a message like “can’t connect to the server” or something like that. This also happens a lot, but way, way rarer than the freezing issue.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FastBen wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem – screen freezes and the annoying loud buzzing noise which lasts for around 10 seconds and then goes back to xbox dashboard. I do not remember when that started, it’s like I have this problem from the beginning (not sure though, but it is more than a year and a half with sure). I can’t connect this issue with a particular place or time. It appears randomly – in dungeons, in my house, overland – just everywhere. It happens every day at least 7-8 times, sometimes 3-4 times in half an hour, sometimes once per 4 hours of play. I also can confirm this is a different issue from connection problems, because when they happen it goes at the menu screen (not dashboard and no buzzing sound), usually with a message like “can’t connect to the server” or something like that. This also happens a lot, but way, way rarer than the freezing issue.

Yup hit the nail on the head. And yet people will still come in here and tell us you and I, with completely different ISPs and set-ups and everything are having the exact same issues because of our network. Amazing. I'm in solidarity with you brother.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache has supported this thread for sometime and I’m glad for it. This crashing was an issue well before Summerset. The sad thing is, the current state of PVP makes me long for this problem again. After the freezing is fixed, ZOS will go back to ignoring this problem, except for the biannual post from Gina claiming they are working on Cyrodiil performance. Ughhh...
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I hear that buzzing sound, my heart skips a beat and I am thinking “Wow this is the end of my Xbox, it will never work again” This is very day, 7-8 times per day. My heart attack will be on you ZOS!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch last Wednesday did nothing to alleviate the hard, buzzing crashes that freeze your game and force-close your app to the xbox dashboard. I have given it plenty of time and have crashed multiple times. When are we going to get some actual relief? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    The patch last Wednesday did nothing to alleviate the hard, buzzing crashes that freeze your game and force-close your app to the xbox dashboard. I have given it plenty of time and have crashed multiple times. When are we going to get some actual relief? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE

Before I say anything, I'll start off by stating that I play on Xbox One NA. I log in every day without fail. If you take a look at this thread, it went from people constantly stating about the state of Xbox and the crashes, to silence after the patch. As a matter of fact this thread had gone silent since the 16th. Granted, I've had a handful of crashes myself, yes, but it is nothing compared to what it was before that point. PvP in Cyro is its on animal, with better stability but crashes will still occur. PvE crashes are almost non existent. BUT, I understand they are still there. Its Xbox. It will happen sometimes.

I could easily continue with my wall of text, but my point is, the crashing has decreased.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »

Before I say anything, I'll start off by stating that I play on Xbox One NA. I log in every day without fail. If you take a look at this thread, it went from people constantly stating about the state of Xbox and the crashes, to silence after the patch. As a matter of fact this thread had gone silent since the 16th. Granted, I've had a handful of crashes myself, yes, but it is nothing compared to what it was before that point. PvP in Cyro is its on animal, with better stability but crashes will still occur. PvE crashes are almost non existent. BUT, I understand they are still there. Its Xbox. It will happen sometimes.

I could easily continue with my wall of text, but my point is, the crashing has decreased.

Lol i log in everyday without fail too i dont understand your point. Look at the date this thread was created. Last weeks patch was to mainly address the freezes that would occur since summerset where you still have chat and the game does not force close but your screen is frozen so you have to close the game manually. I have not had that happen since last weeks patch.

This thread was made to address the crashes that force close your game for you. These crashes are still happeneing. I have had conversations with multiple Microsoft reps about this game and these types of crashes. Everytime i get the same response: this is most likely a coding error issue and that i need to contact the developers about it. I was told just last week by a support rep that ESO is by far the most problematic game on console. Just because you have experienced less crashes doesn't mean others aren't crashing just as much if not more. This thread has died down because its in the most dead section of the entire forums. I'm sure many are unaware of its existence. I crashed multiple times yesterday porting back and forth between friends homes then crashed later in cyrodiil. The problem is far from fixed.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

Lol i log in everyday without fail too i dont understand your point. Look at the date this thread was created. Last weeks patch was to mainly address the freezes that would occur since summerset where you still have chat and the game does not force close but your screen is frozen so you have to close the game manually. I have not had that happen since last weeks patch.

This thread was made to address the crashes that force close your game for you. These crashes are still happeneing. I have had conversations with multiple Microsoft reps about this game and these types of crashes. Everytime i get the same response: this is most likely a coding error issue and that i need to contact the developers about it. I was told just last week by a support rep that ESO is by far the most problematic game on console. Just because you have experienced less crashes doesn't mean others aren't crashing just as much if not more. This thread has died down because its in the most dead section of the entire forums. I'm sure many are unaware of its existence. I crashed multiple times yesterday porting back and forth between friends homes then crashed later in cyrodiil. The problem is far from fixed.

I admitted the problem is far from fixed, but it is better. I no longer feel like consoles are an after thought. I pointed out that its improving, not that it is perfect.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I admitted the problem is far from fixed, but it is better. I no longer feel like consoles are an after thought. I pointed out that its improving, not that it is perfect.

Feels like every patch is the same song and dance. Current patch has the same old issues, new one comes around and brings along a new issue. Everyone is up in arms and rightfully so about the new issue. They spend weeks and weeks working on fixing the new issues they introduce and not fixing the old ones.

Its two steps forward and two steps backwards.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I log in daily and I have been seeing an increase in crashes and lag (XBOX NA). I don't PvP so I'm not referring to Cyrodiil. When I'm overland, in dungeons, and especially in major cities, I get lag and crashes. It's been worse since the most recent patch. Crafting writs are painful with 10-20 second lag.

Re-setting my modem and hard-booting my console helps for a while, but not for very long. Performance gets so bad that I just log off.

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crash at least once every time I’m in Cyrodiil. This happened before Summerset. After Summerset, performance got worse with the freezes. After the patch that fixed the freezes, the lag, crashes, disappearing keeps, and non-working skills have all reverted back to pre-Summerset. It seems ZOS has no idea how to fix pvp and every time they try, they break it even more.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on ZOS to comment on these crashes. Any update? Performance has not improved one bit in the last two years. Really sad.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played in Shor all night on Xbox and did not crash once.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Played in Shor all night on Xbox and did not crash once.

I played in shor all night on xbox na with xbox one x and ssd and crashed 6 times.
  • Queenmab
    Queenmab
    ✭✭
    I’ve crashed 4 times just within the last hour alone. I put in a support ticket a few days ago after the crashes became more and more frequent. After the standard troubleshooting of resetting my console, port forwarding, etc, I was told to contact Xbox support. I don’t have problems with ANY other online game I play on Xbox.

I’m getting tired of spending money on a game that won’t even acknowledge when there’s an issue.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Queenmab wrote: »
    I’ve crashed 4 times just within the last hour alone. I put in a support ticket a few days ago after the crashes became more and more frequent. After the standard troubleshooting of resetting my console, port forwarding, etc, I was told to contact Xbox support. I don’t have problems with ANY other online game I play on Xbox.

I’m getting tired of spending money on a game that won’t even acknowledge when there’s an issue.

I honestly can't remember the last time my game crashed. I play on Xbox One NA. Original Xbox One.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing continues in Cyrodiil. Xbox NA. @ZOS_GinaBruno still no response? Great...thanks.
  • WolfRedeemed
    WolfRedeemed
    Soul Shriven
    Same here i get terrible lag on Xbox Na and i have xbox x, wired connection and just moved to an isp to decrease lag. The performance of this is terrible, massive slow down when entering a town or multiple players on the screen. Such a shame as its a great game but the coding/servers need fixing.