The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can We Get An Official Statement on Increased Crashes on Xbox?

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Ever since the Dragon-Bones patch, myself and many other players have noticed a large increase in the amount of crashes to the Xbox Dashboard.

This is an extremely serious issue. When you crash, you are not only wasting your own time, but the time of everyone else in your group as well. If you are in a trial, that is 11 other people impacted every time someone crashes.

This section of the forums already feels as if it is being ignored most of the time, please do not continue to ignore us by not acknowledging these crashes. The crashes were an issue before but since DB patch they are even worse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ever since the Dragon-Bones patch, myself and many other players have noticed a large increase in the amount of crashes to the Xbox Dashboard.

This is an extremely serious issue. When you crash, you are not only wasting your own time, but the time of everyone else in your group as well. If you are in a trial, that is 11 other people impacted every time someone crashes.

This section of the forums already feels as if it is being ignored most of the time, please do not continue to ignore us by not acknowledging these crashes. The crashes were an issue before but since DB patch they are even worse.

Seems to be related to and around lthe formation of parties for me personally. I never crash when I'm by myself except in pvp around ball groups. Last night I was leveling a friend and he dc'd while eating the anniversary cake. Led to many jokes about the cake is a lie. I'm sure there is extra burden on the system due to parties but literally crashing in the middle of nowhere while eating cake is a little ridiculous.

Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Seems to be related to and around lthe formation of parties for me personally. I never crash when I'm by myself except in pvp around ball groups. Last night I was leveling a friend and he dc'd while eating the anniversary cake. Led to many jokes about the cake is a lie. I'm sure there is extra burden on the system due to parties but literally crashing in the middle of nowhere while eating cake is a little ridiculous.

Being in a group or party or not has no difference to me. Yesterday I logged in to start my crafting writs and when my very first character of the day got to the very first crafting station, i crashed. I was on ESO for all of a couple minutes before the first crash of the day and there were many more to come after that. I have not been able to notice any rhyme or reason to the crashes, can happen anywhere at any time in any content.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

This is (another) major performance issue on Xbox that is making the game unplayable for a lot of people.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Yes if it's a day I'm playing most of the day, I will crash 4-5 times for sure. Yesterday I did all my writs fine, turned them in. Sat there for a few minutes looking at inventory. Start to walk and bam.. desktop. It happens everywhere, in any situation, grouped or alone for me. (Xbox na)
    Edited by MarleyRain on April 18, 2018 4:36PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we all need to log a case to get it on radar
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Not a bad idea. I've refrained from doing this because emailing with support is a headache but I think I will do this today. Can only help, can't hurt.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I’ve logged countless cases for the past year and a half on this issue to the point where I’m sure my gt is pretty much put on the ignore list. They no longer respond to any posts on the forums about it. ZOS either doesn’t give two hoots or they just are unable to fix it. It’s a major flaw with this game that keeps it from being one of the best ever...imo.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do any of you have customer gamer profile pics?

If so change back to a default one....test

It’s an issue for us testing the next updates so just sharing. I’ve not had any crashes on the Xbox one x since DRag Bomes released tho.

Is your game on the internal hd or a Samsung ssd external or Seagate ssd external? If not I’d put it on one of those choices and keep 250 gig free on the internal. If not on the Xbox one x sorry.....just report it
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 20, 2018 3:10AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do any of you have customer gamer profile pics?

If so change back to a default one....test

It’s an issue for us testing the next updates so just sharing. I’ve not had any crashes on the Xbox one x since DRag Bomes released tho.

Is your game on the internal hd or a Samsung ssd external or Seagate ssd external? If not I’d put it on one of those choices and keep 250 gig free on the internal. If not on the Xbox one x sorry.....just report it

My gamer pic is one of the ones available for selection on Xbox if that's what you mean, I don't have a custom one uploaded from the web via the app or anything.

My game is on a Samsung SSD external. I also have the One X. Sometimes because of other people at my home I will move to a different room without a 4k tv so I do play on a regular Xbox one sometimes and just switch out the SSD but I crash on both machines pretty evenly.

I've always had crashes for this game, SSD or one X never seemed to solve them although they did wonders for my load times and rendering. It's a hard crash to the dashboard so it's not network related in the slightest. So even though crashes have always been an issue, they've been even worse since Dragon Bones. Anyways, appreciate any info.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on an xbox one x and ive been experiencing random crashing as well. Sometimes after hours of play, sometimes within 30min. Just now i was in the middle of quest dialogue and it crashed.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Playing on an xbox one x and ive been experiencing random crashing as well. Sometimes after hours of play, sometimes within 30min. Just now i was in the middle of quest dialogue and it crashed.

This sums it up perfectly. I had basically zero issues from the Xbox One X launch up until this very last patch and now I crash several times a day if I spend a few hours playing continuously. Sometimes the game freezes, sometimes it lags and then dashboards me, sometimes I get the "machine gun" audio loop and I get dashboarded.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was in a trial with one of my guilds Saturday and the amount of crashes before and during the fight to the whole group made the trial literally un-playable. This is out of control. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...post event. Crashed while standing in Vaults Of Madness. The silence from ZOS is deafening.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    Okay...post event. Crashed while standing in Vaults Of Madness. The silence from ZOS is deafening.

Don't worry. They will be sure to broadcast ads for crown items across the galaxy. ;)
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry. They will be sure to broadcast ads for crown items across the galaxy. ;)

Exactly. I bet if there was a problem with buying clown crates, they’d be all over it in a minute.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. I bet if there was a problem with buying clown crates, they’d be all over it in a minute.

Say a naughty word and you'll have 87 mods in here within 30 seconds...or hit a little too close to home with constructive criticism. You'll get their attention. You'll be silenced and censored immediately, but you'll get their attention ;) lol
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on April 25, 2018 2:16PM
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    There probably setting something up for the crown store ( Having crashes ? ) ( Cant seem to play 1 full our with out interruptions?) Worry not you to can now play right with our no crash elixir good for 2 hours no crashes lol either that or they got together with microsoft and are pushing people to buy xbox one x if your having crashes it must be your console
    Edited by Luciferazazell on April 25, 2018 9:32PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the Xbox one X and my crashes have been significantly less but last night the loading screens and lag in cyrodiil were horrendous!
  • whitemilk56
    What sucks is that the only way to get any attention/traction about this issue is to post it in general discussion as almost no one comes to this section, but as soon as they see it they'll just ignore it and move the post back here...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crashed 3 times in about 40 minutes last night. How is this acceptable? The product on Xbox is deeply flawed at this point.

Why does this thread get no resposne?

Why can't you tell us why the crashes are happening? (Unless you don't want to admit it's coding errors)

Why can't you tell us when it is going to be fixed?

I play free MMOs on the Xbox that crash infinitely less than this game.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We have some fixes planned for Update 18 that should help with some crashes. Hard to tell if it will fix your exact issue, but it's likely you'll see some improvements.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have some fixes planned for Update 18 that should help with some crashes. Hard to tell if it will fix your exact issue, but it's likely you'll see some improvements.

Hopefully the fixes will address whatever this issue is. It is driving us nuts

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT IT GOES A LONG WAY.

I will now stop posting in this thread.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Call me pessimistic but we’ve heard this before. I see you left yourself an out with the last line, but as with @Apache_Kid , I will hold off anymore posts about this until after Summerset.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Call me pessimistic but we’ve heard this before. I see you left yourself an out with the last line, but as with @Apache_Kid , I will hold off anymore posts about this until after Summerset.

Yep, but i will say using the Xbox one x and playing the game on A new PC the things that seem to matter our hard drive speed CPU and system ram

I think the console was made or developed Focused on the PlayStation and not the Xbox

So at best the game will utilize processors more but that may not help crashing on Xbox because of how ever the original design was implemented
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm now that the XBox crashes are so bad that it is unplayable for myself. In a 1 hour session today, I was crashing every 10-12 minutes. The game freezes, and the game sound screeches. I recently returned to playing the game about 3-4 months ago, and when I first started playing again it actually worked fine. I went on holidays for 3 weeks and was looking forward to resuming my renewed passion for the game I have played since release! I came back, and since then it is non stop crashing, which seems to be getting worse by the day!

This is reminding me of the Orsinium patch when I couldn't even go into the main city without a crash. Except this is just crashing no matter where I leave my characters.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm now that the XBox crashes are so bad that it is unplayable for myself. In a 1 hour session today, I was crashing every 10-12 minutes. The game freezes, and the game sound screeches. I recently returned to playing the game about 3-4 months ago, and when I first started playing again it actually worked fine. I went on holidays for 3 weeks and was looking forward to resuming my renewed passion for the game I have played since release! I came back, and since then it is non stop crashing, which seems to be getting worse by the day!

This is reminding me of the Orsinium patch when I couldn't even go into the main city without a crash. Except this is just crashing no matter where I leave my characters.

Fully uninstall this game and the save data, clear up HD space from saved clips and screenshots....and do a factory reset (keeping your other games and apps installed).

Make sure to use a very fast external HD if you don't have the xbox one x....other than that, play in energy save. Never use the xbox (any version) in standby mode....that hopefully will remove anything on your end and just leave the ESO issues that cause crashes.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 3, 2018 3:31AM
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭

Fully uninstall this game and the save data, clear up HD space from saved clips and screenshots....and do a factory reset (keeping your other games and apps installed).

Make sure to use a very fast external HD if you don't have the xbox one x....other than that, play in energy save. Never use the xbox (any version) in standby mode....that hopefully will remove anything on your end and just leave the ESO issues that cause crashes.

Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated.

I do have the Xbox One X so that's no issue, but I also do run a fast external HD for the extra space with all my games. I haven't done the full uninstall etc, so I might try that over my weekend to see if it makes a difference. I'll check out the energy save mode too, I didn't even realise that was a thing to be honest.

Thanks again.

Side note though- Zenimax PLEASE fix the ESO related crashes. The game has been super stable in the past, make it stable again!
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Weird im on the Xbox x and i have yet to crash and very rarely have i lost a party member during a dungeon run.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated.

I do have the Xbox One X so that's no issue, but I also do run a fast external HD for the extra space with all my games. I haven't done the full uninstall etc, so I might try that over my weekend to see if it makes a difference. I'll check out the energy save mode too, I didn't even realise that was a thing to be honest.

Thanks again.

Side note though- Zenimax PLEASE fix the ESO related crashes. The game has been super stable in the past, make it stable again!

I do hope they reprogram/code the Xbox one parts more specific to the console. Just this morning the game started loading my character in after character select and the sound started going in and out.....then it stayed silent and the loading icon stopped moving. The.game is frozen there for over 3 minutes and won’t crash so that’s the ZOS part
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 3, 2018 1:07PM
  • bootsauce
    bootsauce
    Soul Shriven

I did all that, and many other troubleshooting attempts, all of which did absolutely nothing to resolve the chronic crashing on my Xbox One X. The game is broken af.