The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can We Get An Official Statement on Increased Crashes on Xbox?

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally got kicked from 2 different vmol runs because my game kept freezing and crashing on twins :-(
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I run on an original Xbox One 1TB. I have a VERY fast external SSD. It helped with the load screens but crashes remain. I crash when I access my guild bank, when I'm standing in an alliance capital, on the vMA boss fight in Stage 9, etc. And in game voice chat might as well not even exist.

As some have pointed out, I initially thought it was because of an increased load on the servers because of a larger player base due to the Jester's festival event, but it hasn't gotten any better since. You could argue that it's gotten worse.

That being said, I look forward to the improvements mentioned by Gina that we can look forward to with update 18, but I wish we didn't have to wait for a major game update when all we need is possibly a hotfix that can be rolled out at any time. Certification with Microsoft is not that difficult for a hotfix.
  • bootsauce
    bootsauce
    Soul Shriven
    We have some fixes planned for Update 18 that should help with some crashes. Hard to tell if it will fix your exact issue, but it's likely you'll see some improvements.

So, after more than a month of having to endure chronic crashing, you're telling myself, and many others, to keep enduring these problems for another month, when I patch will drop that *may" offer some improvements? Whoever is running this show needs to know that that is a completely unsatisfactory response. If I buy a car and it breaks down on me while driving, every 30 minutes, no reputable dealership is going to tell me to wait a month for a *possible* fix. Not unless they want to be sued.
    Edited by bootsauce on May 8, 2018 3:47PM
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bootsauce wrote: »
    We have some fixes planned for Update 18 that should help with some crashes. Hard to tell if it will fix your exact issue, but it's likely you'll see some improvements.

So, after more than a month of having to endure chronic crashing, you're telling myself, and many others, to keep enduring these problems for another month, when I patch will drop that *may" offer some improvements? Whoever is running this show needs to know that that is a completely unsatisfactory response. If I buy a car and it breaks down on me while driving, every 30 minutes, no reputable dealership is going to tell me to wait a month for a *possible* fix. Not unless they want to be sued.

i have to say the crashes are getting steadily worse. SSD or not. you can be stood there minding your own business, in a menu, transferring zones, mid fight. it literally just kills your connection and dashboards you.

not to mention the game chat is completely unusable at the moment so everyone is using xb party chat. im fast thinking theres a massively broken componant of this game.

the testers / qa dept need to take a look at themselves here....
  • hellothere
    Crashing only happens to me in Vivec city, sometimes 1 minute after spawning. It happens once or twice a day, really annoying. On Xbox 1 S btw
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 crashes Monday
    1 crash Tuesday
    5 crashes Wednesday
    2 crashes 2 perma load screens Thursday
    0 crashes Friday(I didn’t play, lol)
    3 crashes Saturday
    1 crash already today

Really, tho?
  • blackelf74
    Yesterday, 8 game crashes in 5 hours of "play"... :(
    normally,in the work week,1 or 2 crashes in 3 hours,sometimes none,but in the weekend,with all the people in,is unplayable...
    XBOX ONE fat and XBOX ONE X both
    P.S. EU Server,game digital installed on external HDD,recently have uninstall and re-download the entire game (was installed from 15/06/2015): results: none,even crashes.....
    Edited by blackelf74 on May 15, 2018 6:43AM
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to let people at Zeni know, it's still happening.

Can't play for more than 20 minutes before the game kicks me to the title screen.

Then the game won't let me sign in to a character again. Always says that it can't connect to the game servers. Going back to the Xbox One dashboard and relaunching the game only work 50% of the time.

When I game, I'm the only one on my internet. I have all my other games stored on a 2TB external, and only ESO is on my Xbox HDD.

My internet is 400MB/s with a solid connection. So the issue isn't there.

Really disappointing since my wife and I just pre-ordered Summerset... is this going to be the continued quality of the game, Zeni? My wife and I absolutely -LOVE- this game, but we can't even play for more than 20 minutes before both of us are kicked off. Grouped together or Solo doesn't matter. We get kicked off all the same.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

Can't play for more than 20 minutes before the game kicks me to the title screen.

Then the game won't let me sign in to a character again. Always says that it can't connect to the game servers. Going back to the Xbox One dashboard and relaunching the game only work 50% of the time.

When I game, I'm the only one on my internet. I have all my other games stored on a 2TB external, and only ESO is on my Xbox HDD.

Really disappointing since my wife and I just pre-ordered Summerset... is this going to be the continued quality of the game, Zeni? My wife and I absolutely -LOVE- this game, but we can't even play for more than 20 minutes before both of us are kicked off. Grouped together or Solo doesn't matter. We get kicked off all the same.

Install ESO on your external HDD. I'd actually recommend an external SSD. It cut my disconnects to basically none. I was actually able to complete vMA without crashing!
    Edited by testd4n1 on May 14, 2018 7:50PM
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »

Install ESO on your external HDD. I'd actually recommend an external SSD. It cut my disconnects to basically none. I was actually able to complete vMA without crashing!

That's not the point, nor the principle of reporting it here.

It needs to be fixed.

And I already tried that. I put the game on my external and it didn't help. So I put the game back on my Xbox HDD.

Fixes for things like this -SHOULD NOT- be shoved off on the client. Zenimax needs to go in and fix this.

Yesterday.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should start a GoFundMe for ZOS to get an xbox so they can troubleshoot their game on our platform. Then they wouldn't have to guess if something they change fixes our issues....
    Edited by DrSweetazz on May 31, 2018 8:55PM
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really thought switching to xbox one x would get rid of this problem. I can say the game runs smooth and looks great, no lag whatsover. Why am I still getting this random buzz crash and freezing? Yes I have done all the things with my network and xbox to supposedly FIX all the things with this game that is causing it. Don't need support telling me how to fix it because they don't know to fix it. Can't believe this is still happening since Wrothgar release.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really thought switching to xbox one x would get rid of this problem. I can say the game runs smooth and looks great, no lag whatsover. Why am I still getting this random buzz crash and freezing? Yes I have done all the things with my network and xbox to supposedly FIX all the things with this game that is causing it. Don't need support telling me how to fix it because they don't know to fix it. Can't believe this is still happening since Wrothgar release.

Anyone saying the one X reduce crashes is a dirty liar. All it does is improve graphics and frame rate slightly in places like vet trials where it tends to drop alot. The crashing is a coding error with the game.
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    I just got the game last week and I don't have but maybe 1-2 hours a night to try to hop on and play. I typically get disconnected 3-5 times each time I play. last night was every 10min.

I play solo and just trying to lvl up. I barely got to lvl 10 becuase of this issue. I'm starting to regret my purchase.
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Istoppucks wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Playing on an xbox one x and ive been experiencing random crashing as well. Sometimes after hours of play, sometimes within 30min. Just now i was in the middle of quest dialogue and it crashed.

Weird im on the Xbox x and i have yet to crash and very rarely have i lost a party member during a dungeon run.

One X here and I crash 3-5 times or more an hour. and just got the game this past week.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyngar wrote: »
    Playing on an xbox one x and ive been experiencing random crashing as well. Sometimes after hours of play, sometimes within 30min. Just now i was in the middle of quest dialogue and it crashed.

Weird im on the Xbox x and i have yet to crash and very rarely have i lost a party member during a dungeon run.

One X here and I crash 3-5 times or more an hour. and just got the game this past week.

Allegedly the game will crash less when Xbox gets the update on Tuesday. We have to wait and see..
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Allegedly the game will crash less when Xbox gets the update on Tuesday. We have to wait and see..

oh yay, so for a few days I can wait and see how it will go. I just want to actually play and learn the game :)
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

oh yay, so for a few days I can wait and see how it will go. I just want to actually play and learn the game :)

If you are on Xbox NA and need a set of training armor to start or have any questions feel free to message/add me Gamertag is: iTz John Locke
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait and see indeed. My prediction is Somerset still be like vivec city with crashes....
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the Xbox one X and my crashes have been significantly less but last night the loading screens and lag in cyrodiil were horrendous!
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as I suspected, the so-called performance enhancements were just another load of crap from ZOS. Crashed within first half hour in Cyrodiil. Before that, the ridiculous stutters made the game virtually unplayable. I guess it’s back to flooding ZOS with service tickets. Really really sad.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'd just like to say, after 5 days or so playing post Summerset, crashes are just as frequent as they were before the chapter launched. The summerset island itself is the worst for crashes but they still happen often on console in any area. When will the crashes actually stop? When will we actually get some relief on consoles? I am not the only one complaining about this. This is not a user issue. This is a problem with the Xbox attempting to read the ESO code. Y'all need to figure this out.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BillE
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Any update regarding a fix for Xbox for the constant game breaking crashes in Cyrodiil? Last night, I had to do a full game restart at least 6 times after my screen perm-froze. Sometimes was in combat and sometimes just sitting still, appears to be random.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Livin' the dream...
  • Undoctrinated
    Undoctrinated
    ✭✭
    Went to Roebeck last night... saw a fat 40-man EP zerg just standing at front door.. getting packed up and seiged down. They all crashed.. LUL. Welcome to Cyrodiil (Summerset Edition). The gameplay experience as a whole is like being constantly hit w/ time stop as people render on your screen.
    XBOX One - North America
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to know when they will be fixing cyrodiil!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Xbox one X and the time thing from the new skill line causes us all to crash.
  • Powerburrito20
    Xbox one crashing to home 5 seconds after launching game. Can't even make it to server select. I have tried restarting game and rebooting console with no luck. I have read something about deleting cache? How do I do this? And anything else to try before uninstalling and reinstalling game? Please help
    Edited by Powerburrito20 on June 18, 2018 3:14PM
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one crashing to home 5 seconds after launching game. Can't even make it to server select. I have tried restarting game and rebooting console with no luck. I have read something about deleting cache? How do I do this? And anything else to try before uninstalling and reinstalling game? Please help

I have yet to encounter this. To delete the cache you:
      Go to Games.
    • Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    • Select Manage Game.
    • Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    • Select Delete.
    • You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on
  • Powerburrito20
    @testd4n1 Thank you....what all does this delete? You dont lose any important character data, etc... right? Sorry about the nOOb questions...
    Edited by Powerburrito20 on June 18, 2018 6:43PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @testd4n1 Thank you....what all does this delete? You dont lose any important character data, etc... right? Sorry about the nOOb questions...

No that wont delete any actual important stuff. Your in game settings may be reset? Not sure