Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change of username error/issue

Korax
Korax
✭✭✭
Is it ACTUALLY possible to submit a support ticket without being blocked by a FAQ ????
I'm trying to change my in-game username from "jacqueskrige" to "JacquesKrige" and it keeps telling me the username is already taken.

OFCOURSE ITS ALREADY TAKEN!!

I'm assuming usernames are not case sensitive like all other typical systems?
Its it really taken by another person with the same name, or is it as I suspect a dumb case check?

Can support please create me a ticket and help me change my username?
Because obviously I cant find a place where you can just submit a generic ticket.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    To fix your system, the requesting user should be excluded from the validation check that is being performed, its basic and simple as that.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support doesn’t start tickets, @Korax ... you need to initiate it in the online support section.

Be sure to list your ticket number in your thread, here, when completed.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I tried, but end up each time as n FAQ page.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Korax

You can open a ticket to update your username by following the steps below:
    1. Visit the account recovery page and select your platform, your UserID, and the appropriate option in the drop down for "Issue Type."
    2. Fill out the form to the best of your ability. If you are currently using a different email than the one that is associated with your ESO game account, please enter that in the Your Current Email Address line.
    3. Enter what you can remember about your account in the Account Ownership Verification fields.
    4. Attach any proof of purchase you may have to the form.
    5. In the Describe Your Problem in Detail box, please include the email address that is currently associated with your ESO game account and a brief description of your issue.
    6. When you have finished filling out the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_BillE I will give that a shot.
  • FeyNKRahVEN
    FeyNKRahVEN
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, @Korax ! Could you tell how did you solve your problem? Have the same problem.
    I think I can change my userId to smth different and then change it back. But I'm afraid that it will be impossible.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this discussion being nearly two years old the thread will now be closed. If you have a support issue or question please feel free to start a new thread in General Help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.