The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are we stupid or really stupid?

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complains about the product, says the product won’t improve so long as people continue to pour money into this subpar product, then admits to pouring money into the subpar product. I don’t get it.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    I play from Australia with an average ping of 200+ and it runs fine and smooth on my laptop.

I've had the disappearing walls happen a few times but a quick restart and cache clear and goes away for me.
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sovjet wrote: »
    ESO is not dying, and if so. Provide some hard facts that show that's it's dying.

Maybe he's got alternative facts?

"Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    WildWilbur wrote: »
    ESO is not dying, and if so. Provide some hard facts that show that's it's dying.

Maybe he's got alternative facts?

Well he didn't provide them either hahahah. What a joke...
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not giving money to Zo$....so I consider myself firmly in the "not stupid" category...... ;)

• webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    My life sucks. This games world is more beautiful than mine. In this game i have a purpose! People need me and i am Tamriels savior! In real life im nothing, people sucks, life is meaningless. But tamriel is whats up. Thats why im stupid and pay for the game
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also gave them a lot of money in the past, but I won't anymore.

I don't buy crowns, I don't buy stuff from crown store, I will also cancel my eso+ soon.

My patience have ended.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I unsubbed already

Guess what, no one cares :D

I do, hats off this great warrior with strenght. I couldn't do it
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    webrgesner wrote: »
    My life sucks. This games world is more beautiful than mine. In this game i have a purpose! People need me and i am Tamriels savior! In real life im nothing, people sucks, life is meaningless. But tamriel is whats up. Thats why im stupid and pay for the game

I think psychologist could help you with your vision of yourself and surrounding world.

Or you're just trolling...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unsubbed already

Guess what I care less money = more issues with the game
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, done paying for a lacklustre service. Cancelled my sub this morning for various reasons.

I'll stick to other studios who actually deserve my 'irrelevant' sub.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    webrgesner wrote: »

I think psychologist could help you with your vision of yourself and surrounding world.

Or you're just trolling...

Do ya charge for this service or can ya make me better armor/weapons so I FEEL better?
    pills work too.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game as complete garbage none of us would play it.

I sure wouldn't give them money if the game didn't have something I enjoy. However for me personally the game gives out enough fun and enjoyment to warrant me playing and supporting it.

Everyone has to make that choice for themselves however, it's also possible to play the game with very small investment depending on what you're preferred playing style is.
    If you don't buy Crown Store items then it's only Expansion (standard edition), and 1-3 DLC a year depending if the content interests you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed already

Seems like you care enough to let them know that ;)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is dying

We're all dying
    All MMOs die eventually
    Nothing lasts forever

But if ESO is on its deathbed I'm a shoe.

I'd say that there has been a vast drop of player base on xbox Eu

Came back for SS then left again im guessing.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed already

But I care :D

enough not to support devs that destroy my game bit by bit xD
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    We? ZO$ have made £19.99 out of me in the last two years and I got Summerset and Morrowind for that,
    they've not made any more than that because of the state of the game and how long it takes to fix stuff,
    I've been playing practically every day though for varying amounts and will continue playing practically for free until they decide to spend more money on fixing bugs and/or not introducing bugs by the hundred in the first place.

ps. Been here since beta and had no problems with sub, it's not the cost but what I'm getting for it that is the issue for me.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder why ZOS has had so many ESO-Plus Free Weekends and membership drives offering free crown crates to those who are subscribers or those that subscribe? Well to me that says they have lost subscribers hand over foot and are trying to re coop subscriber income. Why would anyone pay to play a game that is riddled with bugs, plagued with poor game performance and pathetic game support? What's really sad it's been going on for four years. Even the content they put out (new DLC's) are just clones of older DLC's. It's their game and they are slowly but surely putting in the grave yard. There are new games coming out on the horizon that I think will put the final nails in ZOS's coffin lid. I still play this game but not nearly as much as I use to. In the past I was an ESO-Plus member but not any more. This game is not worth the subscription cost.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    customer service blaming us for their lack of providing server stability and good gaming experience.

WTB [proof]
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the white knights that will inevitably come into this thread, ESO is dying and will die if ZOS continues with their current system. They have made a lot of people quit already with the horrible game performance going on for so long, before Summerset even.

Will they change? Maybe.

Will it be too late? Probably.
    Yes, yes, and it has been since pre-Alpha, just search the forums for confirmation.

You don't have have to white knight. You don't have to go the blissful other extreme either though.

It's like saying McDonalds is dying because they don't have 4-star quality food.

All they need is new bodies. A constant stream of new people buying a little here and a little there would let them stay afloat for years to come.

Maybe not optimized, maybe not to the scale it could have been, maybe even only barely playable, but still enough to have just a little bit income.

Being a business, that's always going to be the ultimate goal.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i realy wished ZoS would learn a thing or two from Arenanet (GW2) in regards to megaservers. EU side on GW2 i rarely have any lag issue's + they are able to patch/maintenance w/o taking servers down, while it may affect connectivity/increase lag a bit (unless a realy big patch they take down then), i just get a popup ingame saying there's a new build available and can finish w/e i'm doing and restart client at my leisure to download a new build

I think there are quite a few things they could learn from GW2. How to handle balancing patches for example.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like ESO. I do not think it is perfect, but clearly they are doing something right as many people still play. I also do not think the game is dying at all. It seems to be doing well. Of course, people will blow things out of proportion to make it seem like doom and gloom. It isn't all that bad. Yes, there have been big issues, but it is part of the territory.

Game isn't "dying" like some think. That's just butthurt thinking.

ESO is fun to me... I also play GW2 and they are different enough that I do not get burned out of either .
  • Tito86
    Tito86
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not, are You?
    I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing since Tamriel Unlimited, I'm ESO+. I'm satisfied of the game, and I couldn't see me playing without the benefits of the subscription.
    I suggest playing other games from time to time, going outside, having a nice time with your friends and family, things like that, it only makes the time spent on ESO more enjoyable.
    Edited by Elwendryll on July 16, 2018 1:31PM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    The combat is what keeps it alive... nothing else like it.....refuse to play tab target games. This is all we’ve got atm
  • DjinnAeternam
    DjinnAeternam
    ✭✭✭
    Canceled my subscription some time ago, stopped buying stuff from crown store, and advise all players to do the same.

Already know some ppl that left because of game issues (broken mechanics, bugs, bots/exploiters, reports and feedbacks not having answers, nothing being addressed).

Personaly i am tired of this company attitude towards costumers.

ESO has potential, but ZOS is killing it.

If they want a community of players that only cares about mounts and shiny stuff from crates, i'm sure they will have it, but a lot of players will leave (its already happening now).
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun Fact : MMOs usually last longer than the doomsayers in it ;).

But in the End they are right ; Winter is always coming
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    I don't know what triggers the "missing textures" bug that seems to happen to a lot of people, quite a few of my guildmates have it happen a lot, I never experienced it myself though.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a culling issue. The game only renders things you can see (with some exceptions, like the LoD ground mesh), to reduce load on your hardware. Something's bjorked under certain circumstances now so that the game becomes convinced you can't see anything. I suspect this is going to be a pretty short lived bug, overall.

This makes sense to me, and I think this is related to newly introduced performance enhancements.
    i realy wished ZoS would learn a thing or two from Arenanet (GW2) in regards to megaservers. EU side on GW2 i rarely have any lag issue's + they are able to patch/maintenance w/o taking servers down, while it may affect connectivity/increase lag a bit (unless a realy big patch they take down then), i just get a popup ingame saying there's a new build available and can finish w/e i'm doing and restart client at my leisure to download a new build

Obviously, they did not set out to make a high availability game server, so a relatively large percentage of down time (2-4%, or more) should be expected. ZOS certainly could have architected the megaserver differently, but one has to ask whether the investment it is worth it. These things usually require a non-trivial amount of redundancy, and some special consideration on both the server and client sides. If the last four years have demonstrated anything, it is that ZOS runs things very lean.

Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    We play this game, we give loads of money to ZOS, yet we get unplayable dungeons, poor server performance and customer service blaming us for their lack of providing server stability and good gaming experience.

We buy over-priced stuff they feed us through crown store. In return, we beg them to fix their stuff, yet zos decides to fix some typo of a quest no one cares about.

I admit, i am stupid and give them my money.
    As much as i love elder scrolls franchise, i don't mind this game dying. Zos is incapable of fixing things.

I always tell people to spend money, or not, based on what they are getting out of the game. If they find the game enjoyable, then go ahead and spend the money. Or, don't. If they don't find the game enjoyable, then don't spend the money. Or, do. (I actually don't care what people do with their money)

I find the game performance to be acceptable. I experience some rough edges, and do I see where others are in a boatload of pain relative to me. Still, right now, I am enjoying the game, and I am paying for it.

The Crown Store is largely a disappointment, for me. I am not impressed by flashy mounts and the asking prices of store stuff usually does not match the value. I do not spend money on Crowns.

Is ESO dying? Probably not. If they don't fix their performance and connection issues, that will change.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Within my own little bubble, it is dying. That is the only context I have, and honestly the only one that matters to me. The number of bugs and glitches that prevent me from enjoying the game are both baffling and disheartening. I've enjoyed my time, I still have so much more I want to do, but it really put things into perspective for me when a friend asked if they should get ESO and I said no...
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

I think there are quite a few things they could learn from GW2. How to handle balancing patches for example.

Yup. Played GW2 today, haven't played actively for year at least and still everything was fine. No balance issues or need to obtain better gear etc.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
This discussion has been closed.