The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are we stupid or really stupid?

Olen_Mikko
Olen_Mikko
✭✭✭✭✭
We play this game, we give loads of money to ZOS, yet we get unplayable dungeons, poor server performance and customer service blaming us for their lack of providing server stability and good gaming experience.

We buy over-priced stuff they feed us through crown store. In return, we beg them to fix their stuff, yet zos decides to fix some typo of a quest no one cares about.

I admit, i am stupid and give them my money.
As much as i love elder scrolls franchise, i don't mind this game dying. Zos is incapable of fixing things.

NB enthusiastic:
  1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
  2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
  3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
  4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the white knights that will inevitably come into this thread, ESO is dying and will die if ZOS continues with their current system. They have made a lot of people quit already with the horrible game performance going on for so long, before Summerset even.

Will they change? Maybe.

Will it be too late? Probably.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is dying

We're all dying
    All MMOs die eventually
    Nothing lasts forever

But if ESO is on its deathbed I'm a shoe.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is dying

We're all dying
    All MMOs die eventually
    Nothing lasts forever

What kind of a shoe are you then?
    NB enthusiastic:

Go dominion or go home

• Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is dying

We're all dying
    All MMOs die eventually
    Nothing lasts forever

Indeed, I will be the second shoe.

ESO is not dying, and if so. Provide some hard facts that show that's it's dying.
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without being rude or anything. Aren't we all dying? Rather slowly, I concede, but that's not a reason to be alarmed. They probably made a lot of people quit, but even more started the game.
    So, the game will die, anyway, no matter what, but I don't see it coming before a long, long time.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problems in dungeons and the only performance issue I see is in vivec and that is the most populated campaign
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 16, 2018 7:31AM
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I have no problems in dungeons and the only performance issue I see is in vivec and that is the most populated campaign

Excactly, I only have problems when I'm in big battles. For the rest everthing is buttery smooth :)
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which unplayable dungeons.?
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkScatha wrote: »

Every. Lot of lag in every dungeon / instance (not so much on overland) and textures missing.
    NB enthusiastic:

Go dominion or go home

• Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Craftsman!
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    Never fear, sloads is here.
    ZoS don't have time to work on performance, they're too busy theory crafting new broken sets :)
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »

Every. Lot of lag in every dungeon / instance (not so much on overland) and textures missing.

I don't know what triggers the "missing textures" bug that seems to happen to a lot of people, quite a few of my guildmates have it happen a lot, I never experienced it myself though.
    And I don't have "lots of lag" in dungeons either, ping is fine there for me and runs are smooth. My ping is usually between 60 and 80.

Even when I level my new char on PC NA where I, playing from EU, have a 180 ping to begin with, dungeons work fine for me.
    So I really don't know what you are talking about when you say dungeons are unplayable, as that's definitely not the case for me.

In trials I sometimes have higher ping though and occasionally I have annoying ping spikes there too, but it doesn't make it unplayable either.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well im forced to no longer be stupid cause i ran out of spending money.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is dying

We're all dying
    All MMOs die eventually
    Nothing lasts forever

I'd say that there has been a vast drop of player base on xbox Eu
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »

I don't know what triggers the "missing textures" bug that seems to happen to a lot of people, quite a few of my guildmates have it happen a lot, I never experienced it myself though.
    And I don't have "lots of lag" in dungeons either, ping is fine there for me and runs are smooth. My ping is usually between 60 and 80.

Even when I level my new char on PC NA where I, playing from EU, have a 180 ping to begin with, dungeons work fine for me.
    So I really don't know what you are talking about when you say dungeons are unplayable, as that's definitely not the case for me.

In trials I sometimes have higher ping though and occasionally I have annoying ping spikes there too, but it doesn't make it unplayable either.

Consider yourself lucky then. I've experienced the lag issue just recently, but lot of guildies / people i run dungeons with, has the same issue.

On overland, my ping is under 100 and usually there's not even the texture issues around.

So i narrowed them to be in dungeons and other similar instances. At least for me
    NB enthusiastic:

Go dominion or go home

• chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it's too late at night for me to form a real opinion right now, to debate this , to bring positive or negative reactions. I'll be back tomorrow after 6:30 PM Pacific time, if I find this thread again I might say how I feel abount spending 1ooo's of dollars of real money at 1 single game. Yeah, I did notice the zero's where actually the letter Oh. But I'm too layzee to fix it.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a culling issue. The game only renders things you can see (with some exceptions, like the LoD ground mesh), to reduce load on your hardware. Something's bjorked under certain circumstances now so that the game becomes convinced you can't see anything. I suspect this is going to be a pretty short lived bug, overall.
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a culling issue. The game only renders things you can see (with some exceptions, like the LoD ground mesh), to reduce load on your hardware. Something's bjorked under certain circumstances now so that the game becomes convinced you can't see anything. I suspect this is going to be a pretty short lived bug, overall.

Indeed, and it's pretty fun ahhaha
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main issue is the "You cant use this while sprinting" bug in the middle of combat where I cant do anything except get attacked by enemies. It has been happening so frequently lately and its frustrating and tiresome. I hate running content because of that bug so all I do now is PVP. I love this game, but it stresses me out.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed already

• Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid, obviously.
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not so much stupid as just complacent or unwilling to make the effort to play a different game? The restaurant that is closest to my house is kind of old and not very good anymore, they overcook things, they don't follow the recipes like they used to, their prices have gone up but the food and menu remains the same, they're just kind of bleh. But we still go to it, because when we're thinking about wanting to go buy food because we're too tired to make it ourselves, we're also too tired to drive farther and they're the most convenient. I dunno, I mean I'm already champion levels and I've spent money on this game and I have friends here, it would be a lot of work to find another I like as much and then test for a while to see if it actually works well, and et cetera. :/
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just shows the state of mmo market tbh.
    We all know how many flaws ESO has, but compared to many other mmos its not even that bad.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the white knights that will inevitably come into this thread, ESO is dying and will die if ZOS continues with their current system. They have made a lot of people quit already with the horrible game performance going on for so long, before Summerset even.

Will they change? Maybe.

Will it be too late? Probably.

When game performance improves that usually means that many people left the game, but developers like to pretend it's their achievement.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the problem is that people continue to give ZOS (too much) money, so the people in charge don't see that there is any problem. 'As long as the money keeps coming why would we need to properly fix anything'. Right now the game is fine in terms of players paying for 'things', but the issue will be that once they stop it will be too late. Happened over and over and it will happen again. it's a bid sad though as the game itself is pretty good.
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I unsubbed already

Guess what, no one cares :D
  • Lunstagramer

Maybe you've had forgotten to compare the EU servers (mostly downtime) with the NA servers (mostly uptime) to claim such things like that...

We all know how many flaws ESO has, but compared to many other mmos its not even that bad.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you've had forgotten to compare the EU servers (mostly downtime) with the NA servers (mostly uptime) to claim such things like that...

That's my point though. Western mmo gamers are buying f2p games that failed and were closed in at least 3 other regions, that's how desperate we are for new mmos.
    I'm not even talking about p2w and other crap.
    Everything is relative, you see. And I'm not whiteknighting, I actually think it's sad.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • freestylertuningb16_ESO
    i realy wished ZoS would learn a thing or two from Arenanet (GW2) in regards to megaservers. EU side on GW2 i rarely have any lag issue's + they are able to patch/maintenance w/o taking servers down, while it may affect connectivity/increase lag a bit (unless a realy big patch they take down then), i just get a popup ingame saying there's a new build available and can finish w/e i'm doing and restart client at my leisure to download a new build
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP wise game is dying for sure. Lack of stability, sets like Sloads, balance issues, etc.
    PvE wise also but only if you don't like staves and domination of one class (magblade). Right now most vet content Zos is creating prefer magicka characters (high mobility fights where shields are essential like vAS, vCR, vSCP HM and now new dungeons too [WW last boss hm without the shield is a joke]). So maybe OP has a point
This discussion has been closed.