Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moon Hunter Keep Walkthrough and Guide (Spoilers)

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
I have completed both new dungeons on the PTS for the Wolfhunter DLC pack and thought I'd share what I've learned with the community.

Guide brought to you by the guild, Twin-Moons Covenant!

See guide for March of Sacrifices
Moon Hunter Keep:

Bosses have adds that spawn in at health percentage triggers. Werewolves, and Colossal Werewolves are a huge threat throughout this dungeon. Tanks must taunt them.

Jailer Melitus (Werewolf Skin NPC) First Boss
Boss:
MHK1.png
Boss Location:
MHK1Map.png
Very basic boss with a couple AOE's to watch out for. Channeling ability will have AOE's spawn at players' feet, so just keep moving. Werewolf adds spawn, and do hurt a bit (heavy attacks will one shot DPS and Healers). Cleave down or focus down the adds. Periodically the boss will stun a player, usually the tank, and start charging a heavy attack. This must be interrupted.

Hedge Maze Guardian Second Boss (Lurcher)
Boss:
MHK2.png
Boss and Spriggans Location:
MHK2Map.png
Occasionally the boss will root a player and start doing damage to them. This will kill you if ignored, so to break free you must dodge roll out of roots.
Tank: Keeps boss turned away from others when possible. One large conal AOE to watch out for. Keep boss in the center courtyard and away from Stranglers. Block all heavy attacks or be one shot.
Healer: Stays with Tank.
DD: The Lurcher is in a hedge maze, and at 80, 55, 35% health, Spriggans will activate to heal the boss back up to the trigger health percentage.
Spriggans must be found and killed. DPS will want to stay together, and NOT spread out when hunting down Spriggans in the maze.
Stranglers are at various locations throughout the maze, and if killed they only are "stunned" for several seconds. Do not worry about killing them. If you are too close to them, they will attack you (minimal damage), or stunlock you and drain your health. If you are stunned, another player must Interrupt the Strangler. That is why DPS need to hunt TOGETHER rather than separate.
Note: Stranglers will only attack depending on how close you are too them, so move by them quickly, and attack spriggans by placing yourself furthest away from the nearby Stranglers.

Mylenne Moon-Caller Third Boss (Alpha Werewolf)
Boss:
MHK3.png
Boss Location:
MHK3Map.png
Pounce: Occasionally the boss will pounce on a random player, and stunlock them. When the boss pounces, it will also stun any players near the player it pounces, so try to stay spread apart. The boss must be interrupted by another player within approximately 3 seconds or the stunned player will be killed. All players need to keep an eye on the boss at ALL times in case of this pounce.
Tank: Stay near boss. Boss will enrage periodically, increasing its damage done, and this stacks based on how many Shock Wardens are alive. When a Shock Warden dies, an AOE will spawn at its corpse, and boss must be brought through that AOE to get rid of its enraged buff.
Healer: Stay with Tank, and send out plenty of resource gain synergies.
DD: Direwolf adds have a stacking snare on each attack of theirs, making it difficult to respond to AOE's and pounces, so they must be CC'd as much as possible. Preferably by Talons by Dragonknights. Shock Warden adds are PRIORITY and are a mechanic. Each Warden alive, adds another Enrage stack to the boss, reducing its damage taken. When Shock Warden dies, it drops an AOE that you must get out of. The tank will deal with the enraged boss by dragging it through that AOE.

Archivist Ernarde Fourth Boss (Color Mage)
Boss and Non-Transformed Adds:
MHK4.png
Boss and Color Locations:
MHK4map.png
Werewolf Behemoth now has two additional attacks. Ground Slam is a ground AOE around the werewolf that will one shot everyone except the tank, even through a block. Breath is a cone AOE in front of the boss that stays on the target, the tank when taunted. This will instantly kill the other players, so Tank cannot turn the werewolf while this attack is occurring.
The light attacks of this boss will bounce to another player, similar to the Mage on Aetherian Archive. Be mindful and try to block if a light attack is coming to you or a player near you.
Tank: The tank does not go into range of the main boss's passive AOE, and does not NEED to taunt the main boss at all (though it does help, but use the range taunt). The tank's primary focus is to watch the adds that spawn in. Both DDs should focus them down when they spawn, but in the likely chance that one of the adds DO transform into a colossal werewolf, the tank needs to go to that add, taunt it and turn it away from the DDs.
Tip: NEVER bring any of the adds toward the main boss. The main boss has a passive AOE that will enrage the adds and will likely cause for a wipe of the group.
Healer: Stay near entrance, use healing spells at range. Keep resources up for the group.
DD: Human adds will spawn in at health percentage triggers. Each DPS will want to position themselves at the add spawn locations, and immediately focus them down as they spawn in. The idea is to kill both adds before either one of them has had a chance to transform into a colossal werewolf.
Note: While both DD's are on opposite ends, be very mindful of the bubble mechanic. This is deadly if one of the DD is bubbled, and the other DD doesn't react to it fast enough.
If one add does transform into a Colossal Werewolf, focus the non-transformed add first! If the colossal werewolf dies before the other add is killed, that other add will then Transform too, gaining huge buffs. Once the human add is down, then both DD's focus the colossal werewolf before going back to damaging main boss.
All players: Color Symbol Mechanic: Four pads of three different colors, for a total of twelve pads with the colored symbol floating above them will spawn around the room. Then the boss will start cycling through the symbols above his head, and each pad will also start randomly cycling its colored symbol. The boss will stop on one of the colored symbols and then all players must find their own pad with the same color symbol the boss landed on. Tank and Healer should prioritize the symbols near the entrance where they are for the duration of the fight, while DDs prioritize the ones on the stairs spread out to find colors in other areas of the room. Hint: While boss is cycling through colored symbols, get a good look of where the pads are around the room so you have an idea of where your nearest colors are.
Bubble Mechanic: Occasionally the boss will spawn a bubble on a random player. This will lock that player down, and will kill them if that bubble isn't destroyed within a few seconds. The DPS must burst down the bubble on whatever player it lands on as top priority.
Charged Lightning Attack: The main boss will use what looks like a lightning heavy attack on a random player. That player will have a large AOE expanding out from them, very similar to the expanding AOE of Sioria's Flare from Cloudrest. This attack will kill the player that it is focused on. To counter this, the damage must be shared by having another player run into the expanding AOE. If you have this attack on you, run into the center of the room where it's easier for another player to reach you. Only exception is the tank, if the tank has aggro of a colossal werewolf; in that situation, then the DD closest will have to run into the AOE to save the tank from being killed.

Colossal Werewolf
MHKWC.png

Vykosa the Ascendant + Zel and Ary Final Boss (Werewolf Khajiit + 2 Pets)
Boss:
MHKFB.png
Boss and Chain Mechanic:
MHK5Map.png
Tank: Zel and Ary, the pets, are chained to the wall and they share a single chain. If one pet pulls on the chain, it'll force the other pet back toward the wall. Taunt ONE of the pets and position it so that it pulls the chain to it's longest length (i.e. to the main boss spawn location), so that it'll force the other pet against the wall where it cannot do anything. The DDs will attack the pets, and if the one that is taunted goes down, it'll retreat back to the wall, giving the other pet range to go where it pleases. So if the non-taunted pet is still up by the time the first one goes down, that other pet MUST be taunted right away.
The main boss attacks at range and melee (she'll go in an enrage form when in melee). When she goes enrage, she'll fear nearby players and that CC must be broken quickly so you can block her heavy attacks. When she is in ranged mode, she'll put down a fear totem occasionally, and have other basic mage AOEs, and one large conal AOE. The fears are the biggest threat since they drain a lot of stamina, so be sure to communicate with your healer to receive resource synergies.
The werewolf adds do not HAVE to be taunted in, and it is advised to avoid taunting them in if DPS in group is high. But if the DPS are struggling, taunt in the werewolf adds.
Healer: Stay in center of arena, and prioritize healing tank most of the fight.
DD: Both DPS focus the Pet that was taunted by the tank. The non-taunted Pet will be pulled against the wall will it'll remain harmless, until the first pet goes down. The down pet will cower to the wall, allowing the other pet to go free. The tank will need to taunt that Pet, and then the DPS will focus that one down.

Boss has two major phases for the DD to worry about: Pets and Adds. Both Zel and Ary (the Pets) must be down before the trigger for the add spawns otherwise the pets will break off their chain, making them very deadly to the group. Same with adds must be dead before Pets come back up.
100%: Pets will be up.
90%: Two adds will spawn.
80%: Pets will come back up.
70% Two adds will spawn again.
.... (continued pattern)
30% Four Adds will spawn.
20% Pets will come back up.
10% Four Adds will spawn.

The best way to deal with the adds to avoid cleaving down the main boss, is for them to not be taunted by the tank. Both the DD's will have to CC the adds and kite them to take them down without suffering causalities. If a werewolf add is about to heavy attack a player, this MUST BE DODGE ROLLED. Do NOT BLOCK, it will kill you through a block.
Edited by WhitePawPrints on August 23, 2018 4:24AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to ask since @Aliyavana hasn't yet...did you notice any dialogue acknowledging the player's lycanthropy or lack thereof?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's thorough. Thank you. Now I don't need to even go there. I can just say I did.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to ask since @Aliyavana hasn't yet...did you notice any dialogue acknowledging the player's lycanthropy or lack thereof?

No, I played on a werewolf character (never transformed though) but no dialogue specific to me notifying being a werewolf.

Recanted. Apparently some NPC's do acknowledge it.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 22, 2018 6:30AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I played on a werewolf character (never transformed though) but no dialogue specific to me notifying being a werewolf.

Pity. Thank you! :)
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots uploaded. I missed a couple of them, and will add those shortly. Will continue editing to clarify some mechanics.

Expected screenshots to be taken:
    Myelenne the Werewolf
    Vykosa, Zel and Ary
    Behemoth Werewolf
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 22, 2018 6:39AM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome

My Khajiit Werewolf had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

Werewolf specific dialogue when my female werewolf Khajiit engaged with the following NPC

65AZUFa.png

RKRpL07.png
    Edited by Left4Daud on July 13, 2018 1:01PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    My khajiit Werewolf tank had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

:o Where and which one?
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 13, 2018 10:23AM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My khajiit Werewolf tank had dialogue with an NPC that acknowledged her lycanthropy.

:o Where and which one?

Added screenshots of the dialogue under a spoiler tag in my original comment, enjoy.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added screenshots of the dialogue under a spoiler tag in my original comment, enjoy.

Thank you! :smiley:
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with a couple new attacks on the Werewolf Behemoths, and a couple mechanics I forgot.

Unconfirmed bugs:
    Color Symbol Mechanic, the pads are no longer cycling through as they were. They stay stagnant making it easier to identify where pads are that you may need to run to. Personally I feel like this takes a lot of the more fun aspects of this mechanic, and hope that the pads will resume cycling through the colored symbols.

Ary and Zel Chain: No longer believed to be a bug, but still needs testing.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 22, 2018 6:34AM
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolves broken chain when boss reach 40% of life, coz if DD are good they will be last wolves of fight, just focus on 1 wolf first, with not aoe, and after burns all. In the last few hp of boss tank have to try to taunt everything, especially wolves.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    There's a DOT that keeps killing our tank and the healer can't heal through it. Is there any way to get rid of the DOT?
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a DOT that keeps killing our tank and the healer can't heal through it. Is there any way to get rid of the DOT?

On which fight? The final fight doesn't have any notable DOT's. Tanks can easily self sustain there.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on August 14, 2018 2:08AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you !
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    Wolves broken chain when boss reach 40% of life, coz if DD are good they will be last wolves of fight, just focus on 1 wolf first, with not aoe, and after burns all. In the last few hp of boss tank have to try to taunt everything, especially wolves.

Ary and Zel confirmed to break chain when adds spawn, and they are still up. They must at 0 health by the time the adds spawn.

The mechanic swaps every 10% of boss health percentages.

100%, pets
    90% adds
    80% pets
    70% adds
    etc.

So it's important to not push the boss too far when the pets or adds are still up. Burst down the pets, push boss to next health trigger. Then burst down adds, then push boss... etc.
  • Fragn8r
    Fragn8r
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the info, I tried this last night and the group got really confused on the mechanics at work with the Archivist Ernarde Fourth Boss (Color Mage) and the adds. The Adds are deadly as they come, but the magic from the Mage was a one shot death every time. I found the color spots on the ground but they only appeared once and then never again.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the health percentage triggers for the color mage boss?
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you not just hit it till it dies
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do this with a PUG last night and it was a disaster. I was the tank and no matter how many times I asked people to watch and interrupt the first and third bosses they never would and I died countless times. This is a great mechanic for a Vet dungeon but a mechanic that you can't dodge or avoid in any way and will 100% of the time kill you unless other players actually are aware and react really fast seems a bit rough for a normal difficulty. This is the reason FGII is such a PUG killer.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tanked this (Vet obvi, but not hm) with 3 dps. Resources were a nightmare for me. I am sort of a noobish tank; so perhaps I'm just not good enough. We got it done; but our DPS were splitting on the 2nd boss to hunt spriggans - and I could really see how a healer would have helped; and as one who mains a healer, I could see all the things I could have done to make it easier. Especially resources, interrupts and buffs/debuffs. I'm hoping purge would clear some of the dots but I really don't know whether it would.

We cleared it but had a lot of deaths on 2nd boss, a few on 3rd (we didn't know anything about it; just guessed as we went along - the 3rd boss rage reset aoes we had no idea! That will really help!) and a bunch on last boss because I was some times too slow to taunt both of the boss wolves, and one got killed by that sometimes.

Looking forward to going back!
    Edited by Mureel on August 15, 2018 4:36PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alll that said, I found the fights and mechanics engaging and interesting! I loved the hulking WWs too because they are so big and the mechanic will get you if you're not careful!

I loved also the 3rd boss; she was beautiful! Truly gorgeous! It was almost sad when she lay there dead.

There's more I could say; but I've had 2 cans of monster so I'd babble all day lol.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fragn8r wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, I tried this last night and the group got really confused on the mechanics at work with the Archivist Ernarde Fourth Boss (Color Mage) and the adds. The Adds are deadly as they come, but the magic from the Mage was a one shot death every time. I found the color spots on the ground but they only appeared once and then never again.

@Fragn8r
    For this part: Mage will have a coloured sigil above his head and says 'which one shall I choose' then the sigil over his head changes through all the 4 colours - then stops on one, and players must each get 1 per player, inside the circles bearing that sigil. Then you survive the magical blast thingy - new adds will come in about 5 seconds which must then be taunted and killed fast. Rinse, repeat.

If they only came once; that sounds like a bug...
    Edited by Mureel on August 15, 2018 4:53PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

On which fight? The final fight doesn't have any notable DOT's. Tanks can easily self sustain there.

The 2nd boss - my resources were just draining constantly- even if I was just not moving - if I went 3 steps in front of the gate toward the guardian, my Stam would start draining; even if I'd not pulled yet.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normal version is ok with PUGs. Good mix of challenge and cakewalk. Tanked two times with randoms but success.

Now veteran version is crazy on Color Mage, i just can't survive those hits from big wolves. DK imperial, CP cap & optimized, resistance cap, 46k hp with Ebon, 14k shields, minor protection and BLOCK = dead from two shots. And yes, i dodge roll from big aoe, face away cone from group. Nothing help. It's just sad.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    normal version is ok with PUGs. Good mix of challenge and cakewalk. Tanked two times with randoms but success.

Now veteran version is crazy on Color Mage, i just can't survive those hits from big wolves. DK imperial, CP cap & optimized, resistance cap, 46k hp with Ebon, 14k shields, minor protection and BLOCK = dead from two shots. And yes, i dodge roll from big aoe, face away cone from group. Nothing help. It's just sad.
    @mocap
    Trick is: shield and vigor; do not try and face them places etc. I learned that the hard way (DK Imperial Tank).

Legit just shield, vigor, and face tank it right in the face. Don't try and 'turn' them or anything.
    Edited by Mureel on August 15, 2018 8:34PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, nice guide, I would like to add something just in case, maybe it could help.

Vykosa the Catwolf:

- 100%
    Kill both wolfs.
    - 90% ( 2 werewolfs spawn)
    - 85% ( 3 werewolfs spawn)
    Kill adds
    - 80%, both wolfs are back.
    Kill both wolfs
    - 70% ( 2 werewolfs spawn + Stranglers all arround the area)
    - 65% ( 2 werewolfs spawn)
    Kill adds.
    - 60%, both wolfs are back
    Kill both wolfs
    - 50% ( 2 werewolfs spawn with 1 lighting mage)
    - 45% ( 2 werewolfs spawn with 1 lightning mage )
    Kill adds
    - 40%, both wolfs are back
    Kill both wolfs
    - 35%, nothing ?
    - 30%, symbols phase + (2 werewolfs + 2 lightning mage)
    Kill add during the symbols phase.
    - 25% ( 1 lightning mage ? )
    - 20%, both wolfs are back ( 1 lightning mage + 2 werewolfs)
    Kill 1 wolf.
    Destro ulti on the boss and the second wolf ( and add if they are still alive ), and burst the boss.
    Edited by Apherius on August 15, 2018 8:39PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, did you mention the boss ( Vykosa ) and the wolfs can enrage sometimes ? ( Red aura )

Lightning mage drop a lightning aoe when they die, if you put the boss and the wolfs in they will calm down.
    Edited by Apherius on August 15, 2018 8:41PM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhitePawPrints

Very nice guide. I was just about to write one myself and you beat me to it ! :) Good work and I agree with almost all. Here's what I think is missing or can be better in the guide:

Mylene:

-The healer can stay near the tank but not with. In fact none of the 4 players can too close to one another. The reason is that the pounce not only pins the target down on the floor but also anyone close to him and before you know it there's no one left to interrupt. 4 meter range at all times between all party members

Archivist:

-The archivist has a ranged lightning (heavy) that effectivly 1-shots dps/healer unless interrupted. As tank as usually charge in to prevent the death

-There is a much safer positioning tactic. Instead of putting the healer completely at entrance and have him at times out of range from the dps who have sidestep behind wall or get killed by moving hulking werewolves, leave the entire entrance area up till the first 2 starting human adds to the tank and the tank only. No one else should ever enter this area. The tank stands in this area the whole fight facing the boss and causing all adds to face the entrance. He stands at maximum chainpull distance from the adds that spawn on the stairs (in front of boss but as far away as possible) ready to insta-pull them to center upon spawning. If they turn he can then easily take a few steps back inside his entrance rectangle area while staying in block if needed and forcing all adds to always face entrance. This way they never can get even near the enrage circle and never have any cone dmge (hulking werewolves) near any of the dps or healers. NO matter how the adds and big werewolf twist or turn they are never a danger to anyone but the tank and the healer can fit all 4 players in 1 healing spring circle the whole fight ! How awesome is that ;)

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    mocap wrote: »

@mocap
    Trick is: shield and vigor; do not try and face them places etc. I learned that the hard way (DK Imperial Tank).

Legit just shield, vigor, and face tank it right in the face. Don't try and 'turn' them or anything.

true. I don't even use vigor. 31K resistance, 40K HP with Ebon on. 1 igneous shield right before the big hits come in and ideally followed by a minor maim heroic slash from the weapon with the weaking enchant. I did it without a healer and just green dragon blood myself after each hit. Those infused shield play enchants really shine here !
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i hit vet version too (no HM). With PUG B)

All bosses killed from the first try. Though i hardly can name this group as PUG, i clearly sure that was a premade one, 900+ CP, insane dps, 100% know mechanics. Just lucky.