Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Vet way too Hard : (

shiningforce
shiningforce
✭✭✭
Honestly I dont understand why Maelstrom weapons dont drop on normal but give like blues instead of Gold.

I keep trying on vet but its beyond frustrating me.

Finally beat stage five which was just Hell. I am on Stage 6 at the Boss and always almost get her down to around 3% and she always runs up and explodes on me or some crazy crap like one of the pillars not shining for the spiders. The amount of detail you have to put up with to complete this Arena is god awful.

What doesn't make sense is how easy Normal mode is. Its so simple you might as well just hand people the achievement. Vet is just too much going on at once and Ridiculously difficult. I expected hard but not Ironfist edition hard.

As I look around the forums there are literally hundreds of articles and i only got to a few. It needs a Nerf big time is the consensus.
-- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, this is a L2P issue. Maelstrom does not need to be nerfed.

I recommend training your rotation more, because you're dying to a DPS-check mechanic. Easiest way to deal with the last boss from the 6 arena, is to leave only one altar with webs and explode it on the last boss so it gets stunned for a easy burn.

Alcast's guides will help you a ton. Look one for your setup (mag/stam+class), then look into the vMA guides.
    Edited by Nevasca on July 11, 2018 2:48AM
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the guide, much appreciated. I just mean in general though not just boss 6. They could tweak it down a bit. I dont mean by a lot just a bit.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who took 8 months on and off to finish VMSA nearly broke my controller and throw the dam controller through the TV i say HELL NO

This is the only content that gives gives you any good challenge and improves you as a overall player.

If anybody is not able to finish it rethink your build , read guides trust me on this once when you finish it you will get amazing sense of achievement and it WILL make you better player and make you fell proud to get the title.

No nerf not even by 1%
    Edited by ForsakenSin on July 11, 2018 6:16AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't need nerf.

It is as aeverybody said a L2P issue. Learn mechanics, don't just depend on dps, learn when to heal/shield etc.

I know and everyone before me knows that the first time you do vet it's hell on nirn.

But you get better eventually and then after you've beaten it it's just a walk in the park.

I wish you good luck and recommend you'll read some guides or watch some videos if you're struggling.

Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the time of its release it dropped thee best weapons in the game for most builds, like the first person said; all it really is at the end of the day is a damage per second check, you have the damage and the brain that understands mechanics its a clear.

You ask for a nerf, 'just a bit' is that for you to just get your complete or are you looking at this objectively? I dont mind old content being tweaked; for I have no use of it and many others. Understand that since orsiniums release the damage cap and set options have been increased by a tremendous amount, so much so that now that piece of content is viewed as modest at worst case scenario. Your time to catch up, remember this is an mmo; old content is content content in the devs eyes. Good luck.
    The Flyers
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    Lol... i wanted to write a post like this when i was struggling through my first vMA experience. Changed my build l, watched you tube clips religiously and just persisted, one arena at a time. All advice i got was 'just keep going, you'll get there'. It never helped, but its the only thing that matters in the end... just persist and you will get there.

Oh and try not to break stuff .. vMA is expensive enough as it is without breaking your real [removed profanity].

... and wait till Stage 7, and then the boss on Stage 9... Stage 6 is a cakewalk in comparison

But, yep, you guessed it... 'you'll get there'!!!!!!
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 11, 2018 3:01PM
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's less a L2P and more a L2CWPIAB (learn to cope with perfomance issues and bugs)...
    tried VMA a few days ago and made it to the last boss.. that's when my problems started, resources and health (+shield) dropping from 100% to 0 in an instant and things in my death recap that never hit me or were never visible on the screen.

my guess is, without lag and bugs, the majority would cry "buff VMA", and not the other way 'round...
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks at Joydivisions guide in the guide section here on the forums. Sigils are your friend if just going for a clear. Plus knowing the mechanics are more important than DPS here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381682/joys-new-and-improved-guide-to-beating-maelstrom-arena
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 11, 2018 10:11AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    First clear takes forever. Once you do that you’ll be surprised at how much easier it seems. I hadn’t done it in ages and tried again with a new build the other night, and got through it easier than I ever have. I’m pretty casual player and don’t even run that good a setup, and just use basic stam pots - nothing special... I’ve cleared it probably 20 times - again not even running it that often.

Keep at it, as people have said it’s more about mechanics and how you approach each stage and boss moreso than having just DPS.
  • slickygm
    slickygm
    ✭✭
    First vMA clear took me like four hours on cp160 stamsorc. I did know the mechanics beforehand, Ive watched other people complete it (IRL, so I was able to ask questions, etc.). The first clear is a brutal and furstrating experience, but it gets easier very quickly. Second run took about half the time, soon I wasn't even thinking about it, just playing. To me vMA is just a complicated choreography you have to learn. When and where to kill what and in which order. That's pretty much all about it.

Now consider this. vMA has already been nerfed (directly or indirectly) multiple times. It was much harder at release. Ask veterans here.
    Edited by slickygm on July 11, 2018 11:16AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when we could not save the progression, I Tried for 8 hours and i did it, with the old stuff and 300 cp.

Just do it.

Edited by Apherius on July 11, 2018 11:16AM
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    just outa curiosity, if you leave the Arena and come back does it save your spot or do you have to start the whole thing over?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you get it, goes faster. Because you know what to expect, and you’ve become a better player. I was stuck on last boss for a year. Honestly, I’d probably have been better to start over each time I attempted it.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    At the time of its release it dropped thee best weapons in the game for most builds, like the first person said; all it really is at the end of the day is a damage per second check, you have the damage and the brain that understands mechanics its a clear.

You ask for a nerf, 'just a bit' is that for you to just get your complete or are you looking at this objectively? I dont mind old content being tweaked; for I have no use of it and many others. Understand that since orsiniums release the damage cap and set options have been increased by a tremendous amount, so much so that now that piece of content is viewed as modest at worst case scenario. Your time to catch up, remember this is an mmo; old content is content content in the devs eyes. Good luck.

There's not a single hard DPS check in the entire arena.

Edit: I estimate that my DPS was about 20k when I beat vMA for the first time.
    Edited by Danksta on July 11, 2018 8:27PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

There's not a single hard DPS check in the entire arena.

There is, but they are outdated and the numbers "required" are easily achievable to today's standards, or some fights that are so much easier if you have more DPS. 5th last boss for example, is much easier to burn with high DPS. 6th is either a DPS check or you keep stunning the boss over and over which is risky, it's easier to just stun her and burn her with high DPS. 7th arena is easier the less it lasts due to plant RNG, Every Daedroth on final arena was a DPS-check too, it used to require a ult to kill it before it enrages(Fire Breath), and the attack used to be much deadlier too but CP makes it extremely easy as well. Nowadays if you're Stamina, Balista alone melts it.

That's all I can think on the top of my head, by vMA definitly have DPS checks. Not as obvious like the vAA last boss execute phase, but DPS-checks nonetheless.
    Edited by Nevasca on July 11, 2018 8:38PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    just outa curiosity, if you leave the Arena and come back does it save your spot or do you have to start the whole thing over?

The reset timer is 5 minutes.

If you leave the Arena but have picked up the quest and come back after 5 minutes, you will resume your run from round 1 of the stage you are on, and if you haven't picked up the quest and come back after 5 minutes, you start from scratch.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    Your first time through VMA will be absolute torture. There are punishing mechanics that will kill you. It takes time. It's so frustrating at times. I struggled through the whole thing... but once I beat it once, it got loads easier. I've been through 5 times so far (first complete a few weeks ago). My last run I finished with 8 vitality. First time I've finished with any, because it gets easier each time as long as you stick with it :) always pick up the quest that way you can leave when it gets to be too much.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what percentage has not gotten through vma? Bet it’s high, and yes l2p issue for sure, first time I beat it was 324 cp Magica nightblade long ago, I imagine it’s even easier now.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First run is hell, second run is a lot easier, then it just keeps getting easier after that.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    We are getting way off topic here.

EVERYONE died a zillion times when trying to complete it the first time. Yes its easier with every patch cause of the additional cp and the new sets but this doesnt help someone that struggles at his first run there. Nor does when people say "VMA?? cmon its v easy you need to l2p...."

@shiningforce we can help you a bit more if you wanna share your build and tell us what troubles you more. I also saw that someone already mentioned Joy's guide which is amazing when you try to finish it for the first time. Just be patient and remember that every time you try it and every time you die you are making progress even if you dont understand it.
    Edited by Zodiac_ on July 12, 2018 9:24AM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just keep trying. It is literally the most frustrating and challenging solo thing in this game. You will do it one day though, just keep trying, read the guides like others have said, learn the mechanics, make sure you can survive :)
    As someone who took 8 months on and off to finish VMSA nearly broke my controller and throw the dam controller through the TV i say HELL NO

This is the only content that gives gives you any good challenge and improves you as a overall player.

If anybody is not able to finish it rethink your build , read guides trust me on this once when you finish it you will get amazing sense of achievement and it WILL make you better player and make you fell proud to get the title.

No nerf not even by 1%
    Glad I'm not the only one who flipped out in some way xD I think I possibly broke my hand the night I eventually did complete vMA, died to some rubbish in the ice round, and I thumped the table really hard in my frustration, my god did it hurt, didn't mean to hit it that hard :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    They do not need to nerf vMA, they need to give us a second solo arena - and make it more difficult while you are at it!
    Edited by Gladium on July 12, 2018 12:05PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Clearing vMA requires a solid build, experience and skill. There are plenty of builds to be found on the internet. Experience comes with time, skills can be developed by practising.
    If someone on a potato pc can clear it on a stamdk without trialsets with only 213 cp im pretty sure anyone willing to put the time and effort in, will be able to complete vMA.

I however do agree that the difficulty gap between this games normal and vet content is something completely out of wack.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vMA is a fine mix of masochism and determination. Take it in small bites, adjust your approach, use the heck out of the sigils, and you will make progress.

Take the quest, so you don't have to start from scratch, and work on it a bit at a time.

Once you 'master' a stage ('master' in this case meaning it kicks the crap out of you somewhat less than it used to), do the same for the next stage.

The ultimate thing that will frustrate you with vMA is the bugs. You'll run into them sometimes and there will be little to nothing you can do about it.

If you keep at it, you will progress, you will improve. People online and here will be willing to help you.

Bear in mind, plenty of people thought it was impossible at one point. Many of those later went on to clear.

The other key advice I can offer is don't be afraid to stop. Take a break if it's getting frustrating to the point where it's stressing you far more than you're gaining anything from it.

Step away for 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 weeks if you have to. vMA is one of those things that comes in its own time for each person.

People trying to tell you they got first clear in 4 hours are failing to mention the 100's, if not 1000's of times they died trying prior.

It seems impossible now. I assure you it's not, but it does take time, effort, and focus to eventually get there.

Good luck!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I breezed through normal MA, then I remember dying immediately in the first round of VMA and thinking, you have to be kidding me. I worked for several days just to clear stage 2.

Then I realized I needed to build a whole toon for it. Not everyone does, but I did. I work a lot, so that process took me months.

I banged on it again, got to stage 5 and had another serious you have to be kidding me experience.

I spent more weeks on rotations, potions, in optimizing every single thing I could.

Then I had some vacation and decided I WOULD beat it. Stage 6 was damned frustrating. For me, Stage 7 was even worse (lots say its easier but 7 and 9 the hardest ones for me still). Every round, every attempt my hands would be shaking from adrenaline. Especially last round of stage 9. Hundreds of deaths. So many of them agonizingly close. There were a couple of them I felt overcome practically with bleakness.

But I would not be denied. Perservered.

And brother, when you finally win - it is worth it. Any victory you can relish was hard fought, and I still relish it.

And the second full run I did in its entirety in a couple of hours immediately after. You learn.

Everyone but the most gifted experiences this process, in some timeline. And I’ll bet every one of us will remember the experience forever. Been playing these games since the beta of Ultima Online. Very few things have given me the same sense of accomplishment.

In this game, being among the first 2-3 people outside of Zos to walk up and see Elden Root in the pre closed beta only comes close. VMA is one of the things they have gotten spot on right in my opinion. Id love to see a 2 man arena, even harder, and to rock it with someone who has beaten VMA. Be some fine gaming right there.
    Esse quam videri.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Just keep trying. It is literally the most frustrating and challenging solo thing in this game. You will do it one day though, just keep trying, read the guides like others have said, learn the mechanics, make sure you can survive :)

No nerf not even by 1%
    Glad I'm not the only one who flipped out in some way xD I think I possibly broke my hand the night I eventually did complete vMA, died to some rubbish in the ice round, and I thumped the table really hard in my frustration, my god did it hurt, didn't mean to hit it that hard :D

LOL
    Damm LOL i hit my bed number of times then took a pillow and started swearing inside of it when i died due to the lag when last boss last phase was at %2 ( was going to hit the wall but it was like 3 am lol )

however i did broke my xbox elite controller the right bumper is where i use for the shield and i worn it so much it broke lol so when i managed to finish it half of the times my shield was not working and when i tired to change the skill to another button i was dying as i was not used to it

however would not change it for one bit, after that i done it again and finished it under 1hr and later on it was kind of like relaxing running it just lie down in bed and finish it eventually i got everything i wanted and now part of me misses it.

I hope in future they will have new single and duo VMSA runs.
    Edited by ForsakenSin on July 15, 2018 11:19PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Vma is one of the few if not only in game challenges that truly prepares solo players 4 group content if you can beat vet mas you understand mechanics have atleast 20k dps and understand getting out of aoe's is more important than dps
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4