The Sloads Nerf Isn't Enough

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    This set is bad design. every previous instance of oblivion damage that was introduced has had fairly specific criteria(shieldbreaker, knightslayer) or long cooldown(enchants). Sloads in the pts has only had its bugs fixed. It shouldnt have had 7 tics and it shouldnt have procced itself. Now it needs an adjustment. not stack, cooldown, or proc conditions. Pick one devs.

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.
    not everyone shares that opinion.

The majority tho, obviously does
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is bad design. every previous instance of oblivion damage that was introduced has had fairly specific criteria(shieldbreaker, knightslayer) or long cooldown(enchants). Sloads in the pts has only had its bugs fixed. It shouldnt have had 7 tics and it shouldnt have procced itself. Now it needs an adjustment. not stack, cooldown, or proc conditions. Pick one devs.

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.

how is sloads balanced, in your opinion?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.

and that statement also is only your opinion.

heres the, listen all of the eso population is not here, they are not present to and cannot vote on the question of whether or not sloads set needs a nerf or not!
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.

heres the, listen all of the eso population is not here, they are not present to and cannot vote on the question of whether or not sloads set needs a nerf or not!

just look on the forums, there is a huge amount of players that know for a fact that this set is broken. All of cyro and bgs are running this because is ridiculously overpowered, your at a disadvantage not using it. The amount of people that are running this set over every type of build is proof enough that this build needs to be nerfed, and not the weak ass nerf zos gave it, an actual, meaningful nerf
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.

and the majority of zerglings are using this set because they know its broken
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is fine the way it is and doesn't need a nerf at all.

One free sload set to anyone who agrees with this post. Get it before it's nerfed.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know a BAD@$$ SORC that owns groups! groups!!!!
    i hit that boy with sloads, knight slayer, malabeth the scourger, a little magick cost poison on top, (like a drizzle of hot fudge on an ice cream sundae)...AS I SCREAM, "STACK ANOTHER SHIELD AND STREAK AWAY!!!!" HAHHHahahashahwhwmwmawmwamaahaaahhahaaa!!!!!

and that boy is plant food...

anyway...this is what my death recaps look like, i don't give 2 poops about sloads.

Dh7ig6gU8AA24rV.jpg:large

"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, so many people running a set make it overpowered and need nerfing.
    So what happens when many people are playing a certain class like sorc?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

they do rc needs to not stun for days
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It means magika dks get a nerf
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with sloads is the stacking, every halfway healthy PVP build can survive one sload effect applied. There have been several ideas how to fix it. Either prevent stacking completely by making a player immune to a new sloads tick while he's under the influence of one or replace stacking with refreshing.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with sloads is the stacking, every halfway healthy PVP build can survive one sload effect applied. There have been several ideas how to fix it. Either prevent stacking completely by making a player immune to a new sloads tick while he's under the influence of one or replace stacking with refreshing.

So essentially make sload's 5p a life extracting debuff instead. Why not? A lot of sets apply debuffs instead of dmg. Seems like a reasonable idea.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have double the cool down time of sloads and kept it with pulling NBs out of stealth bc I hate that cheese class. Any nb calling sloads cheese has no right to talk...

...same with sorcs ew
    Edited by FloppyTouch on July 13, 2018 3:07PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is the definition of balanced!
    It affects EVERYONE equally.

And are Sorc curses still stackable and un-blockable?
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Tonturri wrote: »
    The first three notes are pretty much the same exact thing - and it can still stack from multiple players.

Not much is gonna change. I bet the NBs are happy though

If they removed damage while in stealth that's just wrong this class iscurrently over performing in PVP... I play one and its by far easier then any of my other classes to play... Currently NB's and Sorcs are at the top of the food chain... But NB's are crazy good ...

"Nightblades and Sorcs currently over performing yada yada yada. How about you say something new that hasn't been said beyond the point of Ad Nasuem?
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Chilly-McFreeze
      Chilly-McFreeze
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      dtsharples wrote: »

It doesn't. Or does it damage through cloak?
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      dtsharples wrote: »

It doesn't. Or does it damage through cloak?

not to mention some classes have more health passives and better heals.... or heal a heal at all
    • Anastian
      Anastian
      ✭✭✭
      I also agree that a further nerf would be necessary. This set should be either stam only or magicka only, the really good stats and the huge damage are still over the top.
    • Carbonised
      Carbonised
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There are so many Sload threads I don't even know which one to post in.

Make it only proc on direct damage, and let it have a cooldown timer in between procs.

Problem solved and we can all move on.
    • starlizard70ub17_ESO
      starlizard70ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

No brainer here, just nerf sorc to the point that no one will play it anymore, you know, sort of like what they did to templars. ;)
      "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sload so stornk. But bleeds are ok? O_o I've been hit constantly with bleed ticks over 1,5 k that also bypass every defence except of shields and cloak + don't forget bleeds can crit... But somehow nobody whines about bleeds so much. Go ahead, change sload damage into bleed and buff it to "compensate", after all bleeds are ok, aren't they?
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • Vercingetorix
      Vercingetorix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cry more.

Nothing is ever enough for children like yourself. Nothing in this game is ever balanced enough unless you always win a fight because your fragile ego needs to win every engagement in a video game for some reason. Sloads is deadly en-masse, but guess what? So is everything else. It doesn't matter what set is being used by players when there's 20+ of them rushing at you: you're dead no matter what. A zerg of 20+ players with white inferno staves will kill you, too. Should we nerf them as well?

If you can't heal in BGs through a POSSIBLE 4 stacks of DELAYED, weakened ticks of 700/800 damage each second - you need to reevaluate your skill at the game instead. Nerfing things does not improve your game skill - it just changes the name of the thing that ends up killing you anyway.
      Edited by Vercingetorix on July 13, 2018 1:21PM
      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    • Jospin Preda
      Jospin Preda
      ✭✭✭
      sloads is op in bg, when full 4 players team wear it and you take 4 oblivion dot that stack, rest of the time is not that op... nerf must remove stack nothing else
      however oblivions damage should exist only on weapons glyphs and be a % of ennemy full life imo
    • Somber97866
      Somber97866
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1: STOP THE NERF'S!
      2: If ppl on forums are crying ( and it isnt about performance ) then its a good thing.
      3: What about all the ppl who just Dawnbreaker Spin to win? Or the 68k unkillable health tanks? Triple shielded eye of the stormers?
      4: Sloads gave the part time pvp'r a chance against the hardcore pvp guilds. It was fun to see while it lasted.
    • Feanor
      Feanor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sloads gave the part time pvp'r a chance against the hardcore pvp guilds. It was fun to see while it lasted.

And that’s what you call balance?
      Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
      Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
      All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    • Jospin Preda
      Jospin Preda
      ✭✭✭
      1: STOP THE NERF'S!
      2: If ppl on forums are crying ( and it isnt about performance ) then its a good thing.
      3: What about all the ppl who just Dawnbreaker Spin to win? Or the 68k unkillable health tanks? Triple shielded eye of the stormers?
      4: Sloads gave the part time pvp'r a chance against the hardcore pvp guilds. It was fun to see while it lasted.

many things could be balanced (nerf or up), and it's true performances are ridiculous

4: you are saying it's good that no skill players can do easy kill with no skill gear... just ridiculous they have to l2p, if they are part-time pvpr they are part-skilled that's all
    • Irylia
      Irylia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      josiahva wrote: »
      Aliyavana wrote: »
      Sload’s Semblance:
      Removed the first damage over time tick.
      The damage over time effect now begins dealing damage 1 second after it has been applied.
      Decreased the total damage by approximately 15% due to the removed tick.
      Fixed an issue where the damage over time from this item set was removing invisibility.
      Fixed an issue where the damage over time could proc itself.

They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people

So lets apply that same logic so that multiple people cant all apply other DOT abilities shall we? Lets say only ONE instance of poison injection allowed? ONE instance of Viper? ONE instance of burning Embers? Ridiculous, of COURSE everyone should be able to apply ALL their damage and not be limited because someone else happens to be running the same gear/abilities. The set was nerfed significantly...but all the same whiners continue to call for more nerfs. I didn't like nor did I ever use Sload's, but I think there is nothing that is unhealthier for the game than constant nerfs, no matter the reason. Its rare indeed something is actually overpowered and needs a nerf...and 6k damage over 5 seconds wasn't overpowered. I agree that it pulling nightblades out of stealth needed to be fixed, that wasn't intended in the original design...but just because everyone runs Sload's and it stacks(just as if everyone ran Viper, or any other set) is neither here nor there.

https://youtu.be/_uiX50J7tks

It’s only 6k bro
    • ku5h
      ku5h
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did you decide to choose sorc as an example, when NB would be much more appropriate choice, since there are way more of them.
      Oh yea, all the cool kids are on the "nerf sorc bandwagon", turning any and all tread discussions into nerf sorc treads.

• Rittings
      Rittings
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily half the players in BGs right now are running sorcs with pets and rune prison... then overload light attacks all over the place.

Half the reason a set like Sload's even exists was to counter the shielding capacity of a sorc. It's unfortunate that templars, DKs and NBs haven gotten in the crossfire.

Maybe ZoS are finally being backed into a corner whereby the precious Sorc might get nerfed... It appears to be the only class that has avoided the over Zelousmax Nerf Gun.

It's always fun to try to adapt to every change though :) Keeps it all fresh and ticking along.
    • Chilly-McFreeze
      Chilly-McFreeze
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Rittings wrote: »

Easily half the players in BGs right now are running sorcs with pets and rune prison... then overload light attacks all over the place.

Half the reason a set like Sload's even exists was to counter the shielding capacity of a sorc. It's unfortunate that templars, DKs and NBs haven gotten in the crossfire.

Maybe ZoS are finally being backed into a corner whereby the precious Sorc might get nerfed... It appears to be the only class that has avoided the over Zelousmax Nerf Gun.

It's always fun to try to adapt to every change though :) Keeps it all fresh and ticking along.

Joined in July '15 and still somehow missed all the nerfs to sorcs. Strange, somebody could sense a bias in this one. Just a friendly reminder of a few (certainly not all) nerfes to sorcs, my dear fellow:

Surge slapped with a cooldown and a fixed amount of healing
      Shields duration gutted by 70%
      Dark Deal channel (incl. the "channel completed but can't do *** anyway" aftertime) raised by 40%
      Crystal Frags nerfed by 20% dmg and removed stun
      Overload capacity nerfed by 50%
      Hurricane's final damage nerfed down by 75%
      Streak consecutive cast cost increase by 50% each (!)

Also, I'm not sure if you even noticed it:
      Rune Cage (which was unavoidable since it got introduced as stun +years before as disorient) dodgeable &dmg removed
      ++ Defensive Rune got steamrolled by the nerf-bandwagon as well

E: yes, being forced to adapt can be fun, if there is something to adapt to. Flat out nerfs /= changing things around
      Or what should magsorcs adept to? To being forced back into master destro + reach like it's been since last years frag nerf? To being worse of than before Summerset?
      Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 8, 2018 8:18AM