Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Sloads Nerf Isn't Enough

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the reason it's oblivion damage my spellslinging friend is because 95% of the games abilities and damage type do not go through the 3 shield stacking sorcs.
    There's a reason around 90-95% of mag sorcs in PvP run a resto back bar. Yet so far, not one of them has thought to replace Healing Ward with mutagen, especially in BG's.

Look, the game has had enough of 3 shield sorcs basically not being touched unless you're on a crazy dot/bleed build.

Your class has for a long time had:

The best defensive capabilities while maintaining high burst damage and both an active and passive execute. Then you got added an unblockable, undodgeable stun.

What did you think was going to happen? That ZOS were going to continue to leave it as Elder Sorcs Online forever? Just be thankful you haven't been given the stam DK treatment for being on top for so long.

Instead, ZOS are basically giving you a chance to either slot a heal or to keep dying because Healing Ward will NOT save you.

Again, mag sorcs want things not to stack? Ok. So we'll make it so you can have 1 shield only (no stacking remember) and your endless fury cannot proc implosion. I mean that is 5k free unmitigated damage after all, which is pretty much the same as Sload's full damage but you get to give it out instantly. You also spam endless until it does proc so i find that worse than Sload's.

Then we can stop the stacking of sets and maybe Cyrodiil then can stop being mindless zergs and Elder Sorcs Online.

Sound good? I mean i love that plan.

Proving once again that the forums can turn any topic into a nerf sorc thread. I give up.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Sload’s Semblance:
    Removed the first damage over time tick.
    The damage over time effect now begins dealing damage 1 second after it has been applied.
    Decreased the total damage by approximately 15% due to the removed tick.
    Fixed an issue where the damage over time from this item set was removing invisibility.
    Fixed an issue where the damage over time could proc itself.

They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people

So lets apply that same logic so that multiple people cant all apply other DOT abilities shall we? Lets say only ONE instance of poison injection allowed? ONE instance of Viper? ONE instance of burning Embers? Ridiculous, of COURSE everyone should be able to apply ALL their damage and not be limited because someone else happens to be running the same gear/abilities.

Sloads semblance is UNIMITAGATABLE free damage and is a death sentence

What about implosion? thats 5k FREE burst damage....kills me far more often than sloads...isnt that a death sentence? I have no problem outhealing Sloads...I cast rapid regen...or on a stam build, rally, and voila! mitigated.

exactly...….agreed

(it means they have to slot a purge or HOT for defense and they don't want to give up a slot)
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload’s Semblance:
    The damage over time effect now begins dealing damage 1 second after it has been applied.
    Fixed an issue where the damage over time from this item set was removing invisibility.

They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people. unmitigatable damage is a pain to deal with

this didnt get nerfed at all but the rest of the patch totally outshines this so.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the reason it's oblivion damage my spellslinging friend is because 95% of the games abilities and damage type do not go through the 3 shield stacking sorcs.
    There's a reason around 90-95% of mag sorcs in PvP run a resto back bar. Yet so far, not one of them has thought to replace Healing Ward with mutagen, especially in BG's.

Look, the game has had enough of 3 shield sorcs basically not being touched unless you're on a crazy dot/bleed build.

The best defensive capabilities while maintaining high burst damage and both an active and passive execute. Then you got added an unblockable, undodgeable stun.

What did you think was going to happen? That ZOS were going to continue to leave it as Elder Sorcs Online forever? Just be thankful you haven't been given the stam DK treatment for being on top for so long.

Instead, ZOS are basically giving you a chance to either slot a heal or to keep dying because Healing Ward will NOT save you.

Again, mag sorcs want things not to stack? Ok. So we'll make it so you can have 1 shield only (no stacking remember) and your endless fury cannot proc implosion. I mean that is 5k free unmitigated damage after all, which is pretty much the same as Sload's full damage but you get to give it out instantly. You also spam endless until it does proc so i find that worse than Sload's.

Then we can stop the stacking of sets and maybe Cyrodiil then can stop being mindless zergs and Elder Sorcs Online.

I'm not a mag sorc... I am a stam sorc lol. Sloads counters everything
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people defending this set. If a large majority of the pvp community is using this set then something is wrong.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2018 5:15AM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Nightblades are crazy good, but incap took a hit right along with Sloads.
    Incap will no longer stun unless the nightblade using it has lower health than the target. No more stun from cloak...

Not really. Now all we have to do is take some "fall damage" or swap weapons so that we're not at 100% health before we attack.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »
    Sload’s Semblance:

So lets apply that same logic so that multiple people cant all apply other DOT abilities shall we? Lets say only ONE instance of poison injection allowed? ONE instance of Viper? ONE instance of burning Embers? Ridiculous, of COURSE everyone should be able to apply ALL their damage and not be limited because someone else happens to be running the same gear/abilities.

What about implosion? thats 5k FREE burst damage....kills me far more often than sloads...isnt that a death sentence? I have no problem outhealing Sloads...I cast rapid regen...or on a stam build, rally, and voila! mitigated.

exactly...….agreed

(it means they have to slot a purge or HOT for defense and they don't want to give up a slot)

slotting a 7k magika purge isn't viable on a stamina build, try again. Even worse if they reapply right after
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2018 5:29AM
  • steussy
    steussy
    ✭✭✭

Why all the hostility. Get wrecked by Sorcs much?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sload’s Semblance:

that has a 15% chance under 20% health and is mitigated
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THIS NERF WAS A JOKE 15% reduction is 130 dmg off each tic, IT NEEDS TO NOT STACK AND HAVE A LONGER COOLDOWN SO IT CANT PROC BACK TO BACK
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry but can I just say something to all the people complaining about Sloads stacking...

If I’m getting attacked by 4+ players all at once, Sloads or not I’m going to die.

If your argument is going to be that Sloads stacking 4 times is the problem you need to rethink your argument.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    I’m sorry but can I just say something to all the people complaining about Sloads stacking...

If I’m getting attacked by 4+ players all at once, Sloads or not I’m going to die.

If your argument is going to be that Sloads stacking 4 times is the problem you need to rethink your argument.

No, you would die. I likely wouldn't have died prior to sloads introduction as there wasn't an easy to apply, unmitagatable dot that was easily accessed back then. Now we have a set that all the zerglings can put on and just need to left click me to apply the most powerful damage type of the game to win.

Oblivion damage counters everything and to leave sloads as it is now is bad game design.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2018 10:16AM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE sets should stay in PVE... And there is nothing else to discuss...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    PVE sets should stay in PVE... And there is nothing else to discuss...

Sloads isn't a pve set and if someone is running sloads in their pve build they are doing something wrong (Or playing without min/max In mind)
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    The first three notes are pretty much the same exact thing - and it can still stack from multiple players.

Not much is gonna change. I bet the NBs are happy though

Sload stack is more than fine, if players can’t 1vx, just don’t 1vx. Only take 1v1 and run from 1v2 then.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    The first three notes are pretty much the same exact thing - and it can still stack from multiple players.

Not much is gonna change. I bet the NBs are happy though

Sload stack is more than fine, if players can’t 1vx, just don’t 1vx. Only take 1v1 and run from 1v2 then.

We can 1vx, this set made it more complicated
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with the changes honestly, glad they didn't neuter it into uselessness.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not defending sorcs here but I'll tell you why Sorcs are affected by Sload's by good measure

For years our primary defense have been damage shields because we're given nothing else by the devs. (not even a reliable self heal/hot). Yes its extremely effective in 1v1 and small scale fights but shields are weak in large battles because they dont scale with enemy numbers like cloak or dodging does.

Magsorcs cant utilize Implosion as good as some people believe because we simply dont have any good shock skills (aside from Mage's Wrath). The passive was designed for stamsorcs who dont have a class execute but work well with DOTs.

Finally, Sload's is not a set designed to fight shield stacking otherwise it would have such a requirement to trigger. It affects everyone badly and countering the main defense of a class with a single, easy to proc set is lazy design

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the ability of sload's to stack is the real issue here. All other DOTs in this game can stack.

For me it's the very high actual DPS (when counting in it's property to bypass essentially all forms of damage mitigation) compared to other sets and skills as well as the way you can proc it so easily from all sources of damage. For example, if ZOS would buff the damage of sheer venom by 75% it would be just as 'bad' as sload's and stacking would be a death sentence the same way.

So additionally to the changes they want to implement a possible balance adjustment that makes sense to me would be to only let it proc from direct damage (no DOTs, no AOEs, no sieges) while increasing the proc chance to something like 20%. This should significantly decrease the uptime of sload's when you pressure enemy players so that they have to play more defensively or when you break LOS, because it won't proc anymore from DOTs still ticking on you. If that still isn't enough they could reduce the damage of the ticks a bit.
    Edited by HankTwo on July 12, 2018 1:48PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is bad design. every previous instance of oblivion damage that was introduced has had fairly specific criteria(shieldbreaker, knightslayer) or long cooldown(enchants). Sloads in the pts has only had its bugs fixed. It shouldnt have had 7 tics and it shouldnt have procced itself. Now it needs an adjustment. not stack, cooldown, or proc conditions. Pick one devs.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeytio wrote: »
    Just make it anything other than oblivion damage. I say make it frost to tribute all of the magden builds that utilized it.
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    This set is bad design. every previous instance of oblivion damage that was introduced has had fairly specific criteria(shieldbreaker, knightslayer) or long cooldown(enchants). Sloads in the pts has only had its bugs fixed. It shouldnt have had 7 tics and it shouldnt have procced itself. Now it needs an adjustment. not stack, cooldown, or proc conditions. Pick one devs.

These ^

The issue is the fact that it's oblivion. That's the crux of the problem. If it dealt more dmg, was elemental/physical, and stackable, it would be much healthier.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeytio wrote: »
    Just make it anything other than oblivion damage. I say make it frost to tribute all of the magden builds that utilized it.

These ^

The issue is the fact that it's oblivion. That's the crux of the problem. If it dealt more dmg, was elemental/physical, and stackable, it would be much healthier.

In the end oblivion damage is just damage though. What I mean by that is that a certain amount of oblivion damage (lets say for example 1000) would be on average as effective as a specific higher amount of plain old magical/physical damage. However, it's true that it's much harder to make this estimation compared to something like bleed damage, because oblivion damage bypasses much more defense mechanisms.

I also don't like the set design, but I'm quite sure that ZOS won't make a complete overhaul of the set but instead just slight changes. So we have to ask ourselves the question how much normal damage is oblivion damage worth. An admittedly rough but for me fair estimation would be to include something like 30% damage reduction into the equation (maybe this is too low though). Then 1000 oblivion damage would be worth 1430 normal damage (2860 with battle spirit). Now you can of course argue for a higher or lower estimate, but we have to start somewhere.
    Edited by HankTwo on July 12, 2018 2:41PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    steussy wrote: »

Why all the hostility. Get wrecked by Sorcs much?

He forgot to demand a nerf on sorcs light attacks. He's not completely biased! :D
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Congratulations people, you got your nerf. I hope it was worth it. :D:D:D

All I see is a buff to nightblades.

I give up. I’m leveling my stamblade. I said before that If the only change to sloads is that it doesn’t pull NBs out of cloak then I’d make one. All this is is bug fixes and a NB buff.

And please. NBs can still stun from stealth.

People act like Stamblade s aren’t already running relatively low health compared to other specs.

Even if you can’t use incap to stun from stealth, Using surprise attack to stun from stealth is arguably better since you get fracture and exploiter buffing your incap. It just offers a small amount of increased counterplay.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the damage from one sload proc isnt that bad. The ability to stack it is an issue..
    I think it would be better if they would keep the damage value from live version and disable stacking (so multiple players wont be able to stack it on the same target)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the damage from one sload proc isnt that bad. The ability to stack it is an issue..
    I think it would be better if they would keep the damage value from live version and disable stacking (so multiple players wont be able to stack it on the same target)

Id be fine with that, along with how it procs
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's insanity, if the devs start making it so only 1 person out of a group of people can attack you and the rest of the people can only take turns and wait till the next guy is allowed his chance to hit, then that would ruin eso completely.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed. anyone can use it and proc someone to death. paired with 6k skoria hits? stop introducing such high dps proc sets and make people have thumbs
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

THIS IS 100% ACCURATE

in your opinion.
    not everyone shares that opinion.