The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CC break is broken

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    The cute little multi-CC macro stam builds that hit you with a combination where if the first lands you die are pretty annoying and will be more so with the duration change to immovable pots.

"multi-cc macro" rolf, the things that ppl fabricate to avoid admiting they are bad at the game are hilarious lol
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    The cute little multi-CC macro stam builds that hit you with a combination where if the first lands you die are pretty annoying and will be more so with the duration change to immovable pots.

"multi-cc macro" rolf, the things that ppl fabricate to avoid admiting they are bad at the game are hilarious lol

Maybe lag? But ignorance of the mechanics is still pretty silly. GCDs exist and all the macro crytards are quite irritating.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

You are correct in this wouldn't be a macro, you can't time when the other guy will break free. I would say nightblades do seem to have faster CCs though, so some may be able to find that window easier.

Meantime I have a bug report addressing this, if more want to submit examples.

Double CC Bug
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that when you break free from a knockback, you cannot bar swap until the next global cooldown.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It seems that when you break free from a knockback, you cannot bar swap until the next global cooldown.

Definitely a bug. Bar swapping has been a nightmare in PVP so far this patch.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still having issues with CC break. Full stam, click CC break keybind, nothing happens, I die... Very annoying.
  • CMBA97
    CMBA97
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_KatP wrote: »
    Hi all,

We've removed a few comments for slight bashing. Please be sure to keep all comments constructive.

Thanks.

youre *** *** at fixing this game. CC bug still active useless ***, sort it out
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the sprint lock bug too please!!!!
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    There have been these kinds of issues around for a very long time. Sadly, the only thing you can do is run immovable pots go guarantee CC immunity... sadly, it is getting nerfed which I would be fine with if bloody CC immunity duration actually worked.

Immovable pots no longer guarantee immunity. A number of guildies have noticed this.

CC break and CC immunity have been utterly broken for years (literally) now in ESO. Having to bang on the key repeatedly in the hopes the break will fire off at some point before you're dead is sadly nothing new. Immediately getting cced again when you should still have immunity has also been around forever.

As I said elsewhere:

CC break and CC immunity are still horrid in PvP. I continue to suspect this is because the game has two cc break skills (the roll dodge and the break free), and the game cannot cope with the cc layering that occurs in Cyrodiil by the large ball zergs (EP are particularly egregious about this). You can have full stam, and be attempting to break-free and/or roll-dodge, and the game does nothing. It may be because the game cannot decide which break-free option is correct, and thus neither work and you are perma-stunned. In addition, the new Time Stop skill seems to have an extra-long delay between when you hit break-free and when the stun actually breaks.

Knockdowns and perma-stuns are still overpowered, and are worse since Summerset. It is not fun for anyone to get knocked down or stunned and be unable to get up/break free to defend oneself. I knew it was going to get worse when the two-handers got the buff (of counting as two pieces of armor - which was sorely needed, no argument there), but there was no simultaneous balance to the two-hander skill line and sure enough, it has.

I can think of two things they could try:

1. Get rid of the cc break animations. They eat up precious time. I frankly no longer care about "my immersion" of having the "I'm getting up off the ground" or "I'm breaking free of your talons" or whatever. Remove the animations entirely, and just have the skill pop the character up from the ground immediately. Given there's already issues with the break not firing off at the first press of the key, removing the animations so that at least if we can get the skill to fire off in time, we don't then have to watch our character go through a time-eating animation, that'd be spiffy.

2. Find a way to re-code the two cc breaks (roll-dodge and break free) into a single cc break skill. Yes, it would be a lot of work since they'd also have to redesign the various cc types. But I'm pretty sure the very fact of having two cc break skills and multiple types of cc (each of which requires a specific cc break) is part of what's causing the problems, simplifying the mechanic might solve some of the issue.
    Edited by Starshadw on July 12, 2018 4:36PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of Uppercut and Rune Cage spammers in Battlegrounds because of this.

Seriously, fix/increase the CC immunity, fix the break free and roll dodge mechanics, and make immovability pots CC immune again.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't frigging believe this is still going on!!!! There is some serious incompetence here from the people coding this game. This should have been fixed long ago!!!

This crap is getting frustrating to deal with. Imagine just being in Vet Maelstrom Arena and getting CC'd to hell and your character just standing there like a dumbarse while you're pressing every button as possible and using immunity pots, but nothing happening. Add on that the addition of all the LAG and this game in broke as hell!!

Fix this crap immediately!!!
    Far too many characters to list any more.